Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Dolphins can have little a sexual assault.

As a treat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Tua takes bended knee before going to bed, asks God if a little rape is ok to make your employer happy

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah I read that less of a negotiation and more the dolphins throwing the saddest Hail Mary

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Diva Cupcake posted:

I read this as the Dolphins asking Buzbee if there's any chance the 22 lawsuits could be settled so that they could trade for the sexual assaulter in good conscious.

Buzbee says it ain't happening. Ross counters with a number of sexual assaults settlements lower than 22 but still palatable to himself/Dolphins with which they would consummate the trade. Buzbee again says not happening. Dolphins back away.

Depending on the interpretation, Buzbee is essentially saying Ross did something that you’re not really allowed to do, so I fully expect a clarification.

Then hopefully a Ross sale!

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Nov 3, 2021

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I was just referring to getting hung up on the use of "gonna" in a statement that isn't even part of a legal filing

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
So, uh, the Texans managed to save the dolphins from themselves?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
It's just a temporary reprieve.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
There are plenty of sex offenders still available for the dolphins.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Dumb poo poo like this is why Miami should’ve shut it down in the first place but nobody in this office has a drat clue what the overall plan is so this is not surprising.

As long as you’ve got Ross there you’ve got embarrassing decisions

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/AmyDashTV/status/1457718655660269574

lol if this is true

Nov 6, 2002

How many did they want? 5?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The NFL.com article says the packages also included 2 thirds, I guess they wanted seconds instead https://www.nfl.com/news/multiple-teams-offered-packages-including-three-first-round-picks-for-deshaun-wa

quote:

The Carolina Panthers and Miami Dolphins both engaged with the Texans in the week leading up to the deadline. But Panthers owner David Tepper decided not to move forward before the deadline, and Dolphins owner Stephen Ross followed suit hours before Tuesday's deadline in part because Watson hadn't settled the civil cases. The Philadelphia Eagles and Denver Broncos also did due diligence on Watson and could re-engage in the offseason.

Watson has a no-trade clause and to this point has only waived it to the Dolphins.

Sources say the Texans have continued to seek five or six assets, including at least three unconditional first-round picks, plus additional high picks and/or premium players. And multiple teams were willing to meet that price, provided that certain aspects of Watson's legal situation were resolved. But there was no settlement in his civil cases and the police investigation remained open when Tuesday's 4 p.m. ET deadline passed.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Caserio should be fired for not accepting that if it's real, what a moron

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Texans are dumber than dirt

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The fact these orgs think they can just end the legal situation whenever they want is baffling

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

CharlestheHammer posted:

The fact these orgs think they can just end the legal situation whenever they want is baffling

Billionaires make litigation like this disappear all the time with lots of money and NDAs.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

Billionaires make litigation like this disappear all the time with lots of money and NDAs.

Yeah but it isn’t their lawsuits

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah but it isn’t their lawsuits

And? There’s a reason the dolphin’s ownership reached out to the plaintiffs’ attorney. They could have absolutely settled the suits on Watson’s behalf.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Eh, this feels like a pretty important piece of context.

quote:

And multiple teams were willing to meet that price, provided that certain aspects of Watson's legal situation were resolved

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

CharlestheHammer posted:

How much revenue would brining Deshaun Watson to your franchise generate - cost of settling = $$$

Didn't this whole disaster start with Deshaun Watson saying he was contacted about a potential settlement and he thought he would get out ahead of it by saying nothing ever happened?

Nov 6, 2002

I think it started with him jerking off onto some women.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Tale as old as time

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Frankly shame on us for not expecting a team that tries desperately to follow the Patriots model would have one of its big names get wrapped up in a scandal involving disgusting mistreatment of masseuses.

Gross that Miami Philly Carolina and Denver are all trying to follow suit. Shameful

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I think somewhere in the back of his failson mind McNair still thinks that if he waits long enough and continues to pay Watson that he'll have a change of heart and be the QB again

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I saw Bill O'Brien was trending on twitter, and wow do Alabama fans hate him for someone that's only been there this year.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Billionaires can't buy their way out the feds

As in if those allegations about an FBI investigation are true cause he broke state lines, this is gonna go far

Isentropy fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Nov 30, 2021

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

(she mis-typed, 2002 = 2021)

https://twitter.com/StephStradley/status/1464989293953302533

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
Nice shot of the front office to end on.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Isentropy posted:

Billionaires can't buy their way out the feds

As in if those allegations about an FBI investigation are true cause he broke state lines, this is gonna go far

Dan Snyder did.

A mostly empty parking lot what I'm assuming is pregame happens? Idgi

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Dan Snyder did.

A mostly empty parking lot what I'm assuming is pregame happens? Idgi

It’s a mostly empty parking lot at the start of the game.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It did not get better right before kickoff, if that's the argument you'd attempt to make ches

https://twitter.com/AydtGS/status/1465017793443770370

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

It’s a mostly empty parking lot at the start of the game.

I'm not trying to be a dick but it's not that remarkable. Jets, Bears and Lions parking lots are likely similarly empty. Hell I remember back during the tank you could get lower bowl tickets to the Browns Cowboys game for 5$. :shrug:

From the tweet I was expecting to hear Easterby preaching or something.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I'm not trying to be a dick but it's not that remarkable.

For Houston that is remarkable. This is the first year where NRG Stadium hasn't been a zoo for tailgating and inside the stadium. It means people are getting wise if slowly.

Doesn't matter though because the McNairs could care less about how many peasants tailgate or sit in the seats.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fans were nowhere near that checked out/the stadium anywhere near that empty this time last year when the team was just as out of contention, already fired their HC, and had just got their final win of the year

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I'm not trying to be a dick but it's not that remarkable. Jets, Bears and Lions parking lots are likely similarly empty. Hell I remember back during the tank you could get lower bowl tickets to the Browns Cowboys game for 5$. :shrug:

I was at the Jets game two weeks ago at 10 AM and the parking lot was completely packed.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

fsif posted:

I was at the Jets game two weeks ago at 10 AM and the parking lot was completely packed.

dirty shrimp money posted:

For Houston that is remarkable. This is the first year where NRG Stadium hasn't been a zoo for tailgating and inside the stadium. It means people are getting wise if slowly.

Doesn't matter though because the McNairs could care less about how many peasants tailgate or sit in the seats.

Well poo poo I stand corrected.

Nov 6, 2002

fsif posted:

That was at the apex of Mike White fever.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Nah, Bears are always packed.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Sataere posted:

Nah, Bears are always packed.

ALWAYS. It is a nightmare to get to Soldier and it's still packed at all times. That looks like a Milwaukee Brewers game when they're having a 100-loss season. That is by NFL standards pathetic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Yeah I've been to a bunch of Texans games, the lots are always packed full of tailgaters. That looks worse than a preseason game. Well, can't say the team deserves even that putrid amount of fan support after everything that's happened.

Get rid of Deshaun you assholes!!!