Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

extravadanza posted:

"If you get peanut butter all over your hands are you just gonna wipe them on a paper towel or wash them in the sink?" is my personal go-to bidet explainer when people find out I have one in my upstairs bathroom for poos.

Why would I not just lick the peanut butter off my hands?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
there's a few very lucky people in this video :stare:
https://twitter.com/AJEnglish/status/1465606556775559173

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

extravadanza posted:

"If you get peanut butter all over your hands are you just gonna wipe them on a paper towel or wash them in the sink?" is my personal go-to bidet explainer when people find out I have one in my upstairs bathroom for poos.

Why do people always pick the least water-soluble food they can think of to argue about bidets?

Like nobody has ever stepped in dog poo poo and either hosed their shoe off or wiped it off on the grass.

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007

Cat Hatter posted:

Why do people always pick the least water-soluble food they can think of to argue about bidets?

Like nobody has ever stepped in dog poo poo and either hosed their shoe off or wiped it off on the grass.

Why does water solubility matter when it's being wiped off with a paper towel (or toilet paper)? Bits of poo poo or PB remain either way.

insta
Jan 28, 2009

extravadanza posted:

Why does water solubility matter when it's being wiped off with a paper towel (or toilet paper)? Bits of poo poo or PB remain either way.

Most people like the taste of peanut butter, so there's not as much of a revulsion of "what if you slip and fall and stick your hand straight in a pile of dog poo poo", which is a far better example about having unwanted poo poo on your unwashed body. Only the gooniest of goonlords will say "lick it off then" as in the peanut butter example.

Wash your buttholes, people.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

EvenWorseOpinions posted:

My favorite one sticks with me because it is a great example of why you should LOTO and verify; we were changing a wall socket on the first floor living room, so friend's dad pulled the fuse for the living room floor, lights wouldn't turn on, so we opened up the socket, I stuck the screwdriver in and shorted the neutral to the hot. We found the attic fuse had blown when we went back to the fuse box.
Just LOL at even opening the loving socket without checking for live first. Never ever trust boomers home improvements.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

"I definitely know this poster has diarrhea all the time."

As a Crohn's haver the bidet is fantastic and the freezing cold water feels nice after my 12th poop of the day.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

B-Rock452 posted:

As a Crohn's haver the bidet is fantastic and the freezing cold water feels nice after my 12th poop of the day.

Have you tried using peanut butter instead? I hear it's a good bidet alternative

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

evil_bunnY posted:

Just LOL at even opening the loving socket without checking for live first. Never ever trust boomers home improvements.

yeah not to dog pile but a zero energy check before you start working is essential. "Fed from two sources" is definitely a thing not just in boomer home improvements. I've seen it in US nuclear waste installations. built by boomers and their parents

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Cat Hatter posted:

But peanut butter is water soluble? Like, the 99% peanut paste I have at home is water soluble as soon as one actually bothers to rub on it and add abrasion to let the protein mix with the water and act as detergent.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I am begging the thread to find a topic other than goon buttholes.

insta
Jan 28, 2009

Entropic posted:

I am begging the thread to find a topic other than goon buttholes.

We could talk about your posts, but goon buttholes probably have less poo poo caked all over them

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
they don't call me Mr Peanut Butter just because i'm the world's biggest Bojack Horseman fan

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

OSHA IV: I am begging the thread to find a topic other than goon buttholes

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I prefer to use nutella when I wipe

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Mozi posted:

they don't call me Mr Peanut Butter just because i'm the world's biggest Bojack Horseman fan

What is this, a crossover episode?

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

extravadanza posted:

Other way around. I've seen multiple anti-bidet posts (probably by the same person) that claim a bidet couldn't possibly work because running the kitchen sink won't rinse peanut butter off a knife by itself. This argument ignores the higher pressure of a bidet and that most poo dissolves in water.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

Sagebrush posted:

in the 1950s it was sometimes A Thing to plumb the toilet with hot water intentionally, because that would prevent unsightly condensation (gasp!) from forming on the outside of the bowl in hot weather, humiliating you in front of your guests.

Works great until the wax ring in the bottom melts. Then it's not so good...

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021
Spot the OSHA Violation!
https://i.imgur.com/iIthDlx.mp4

The mechanic forgot his steel toed sneakers

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

MF_James posted:

I too enjoy a nice burnt rear end in a top hat in the morning after using my bidet.

I value the simulation of making GBS threads on Mt. Etna, so there

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

extravadanza posted:

Sometimes I forgot to stir up my bowels with a spoon to keep it from separating.

the kratom thread is thataway ===>

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

extravadanza posted:

Sometimes I forgot to stir up my bowels with a spoon to keep it from separating.

Make sure you scrape the sides to get a thorough, even mix

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Crustashio posted:

my city introducing fun new ways to slip, smash your head open and then drown

https://twitter.com/NateTWN/status/1465379211963682823

An actual stairway to heaven.

e: If anyone wants a new avatar I made one of the flaming hairdryer:

Dumb Sex-Parrot fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Nov 30, 2021

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Zudgemud posted:

But peanut butter is water soluble? Like, the 99% peanut paste I have at home is water soluble as soon as one actually bothers to rub on it and add abrasion to let the protein mix with the water and act as detergent.

but its mostly fat? also if its smooth style it has alot of added shark skin and sharks arent water soluble.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

That’s not a Stan Rogers reference

moparacker
May 8, 2007

Harry_Potato posted:

Spot the OSHA Violation!

The faulty lift arm locks.

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

this is art.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Dang, I've been considering a new av...

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
Looks good on you. :)

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
that F-35 "crash" in the mediterranean appears to basically have been the plane slowly driving off the end of the carrier and then the pilot ejecting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpcD2yPg3Go

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/11/29/british-f-35-crashed-sea-failing-take-leaked-video-reveals/

quote:

Howard Wheeldon, an aerospace and defence analyst, told The Telegraph: “There is a saying in the military ‘lift is a gift, thrust is a must’, and I'm afraid clearly he had no thrust.”

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

One of the mills we work out of in Syracuse pipes hot water exclusively to some of it's outdoor adjacent bathrooms. Nothing like sitting on a warm, steaming toilet on a frigid day.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

Harry_Potato posted:

Spot the OSHA Violation!
https://i.imgur.com/iIthDlx.mp4

The mechanic forgot his steel toed sneakers

This is why when I had my shop I always pulled the engine with the car on it's wheels then put it on the lift for the bounce test. I'll bet you dollars to donuts they bounce tested the car on the lift, pulled the motor, and then lifted it without realizing that the balance was way different . This is especially true with a C4-C7 corvette.

Edit: Jesus why aren't the arms on the lift locked? They should be incapable of moving at that height?

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Cat Hatter posted:

I knew a guy who'd lived somewhere that had somehow put the water heater on the cold line by accident. The solution from the landlord was to swap all the supply lines on the sinks. Not sure if they got to the dishwasher. Probably didn't bother with the shower. I know he had steaming hot water in his toilet every time he flushed.

One of the happiest times of my life was when I lived with 3 guys in their twenties in a big giant party house. [One of them was my 1st boyfriend.]
Once the washing machine broke and they bought one and replaced it themselves of course. 2 of them were in construction so the washer and dryer were going all the time.
A few weeks later several of them were bitching that they were getting fat, their clothes were tight. :( One guy started seriously dieting.
Then we got the monthly electric bill and it was $600.
This was back in like 1990. I hadn't paid enough attention to notice that all the clothes I was taking out of the washer were kind of hot in my hands and they hadn't noticed either.
When they had hooked up the washing machine they had gotten the hot and cold water backwards. One of them had to borrow money from his folks so we could make the bill.

Also when the same guy that hosed up the hot and cold pierced the fridge freezer hacking away at ice with a screwdiver releasing freon they just unplugged it and duct taped it shut and left it in the kitchen for a year, a giant biohazard next to its replacement. And bong water will kill fish. Perhaps a rental house/apartment thread would be good.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Entropic posted:

that F-35 "crash" in the mediterranean appears to basically have been the plane slowly driving off the end of the carrier and then the pilot ejecting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpcD2yPg3Go

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/11/29/british-f-35-crashed-sea-failing-take-leaked-video-reveals/

Do aircraft have brakes in their undercarriage? Was wondering if the pilot could have thrown the equivalent of a parking brake before the jet rolled off the ramp since it was obvious it wasn't going anywhere but into the drink.

Considering they hit the eject the moment the aircraft cleared the ramp they seem to have a pretty good idea what was going to happen.

Or did they intentionally pilot the aircraft off the carrier for safety reasons before abandoning it?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Z the IVth posted:

Do aircraft have brakes in their undercarriage? Was wondering if the pilot could have thrown the equivalent of a parking brake before the jet rolled off the ramp since it was obvious it wasn't going anywhere but into the drink.

Might have had enough lift to make the brakes useless. Remember the treadmill.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Don't those things have VTOL?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Don't those things have VTOL?

Only the Marine model

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Looks good on you. :)

LOL thanks, buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Z the IVth posted:

Do aircraft have brakes in their undercarriage?

yes, aircraft have brakes for the wheels, and flaps and counterthrust and other things

this looks like either some kind of very weird technical issue or the pilot had a $100,000,000 whoopsie doodle