Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

I'm looking forward to seeing that UWF rules match. Would be interested to see that match type in STARDOM (and joshi in general) more often.

Who would you guys like to see?

I'd go for Maika, Utami, Giant Saya, Hazuki, Jumbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
I can only assume Mio Momono's regular injuries are a Tower of Babel type situation where her excellence enrages a jealous God

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021
Full details of the Unit Tournament at Osaka Super Wars December 18

4 teams will be competing, with the first round being normal 6 person tags.

DDM (Maika, Himeka and Natsupoi) vs Marvelous (Takumi Iroha, Rin Kadokura and Maria)

STARS (Mayu Iwatani, Hazuki, Koguma) vs Cosmic Angels (Tam Nakano, Unagi Sayaka, Mina Shirakawa)

The two winning teams will then compete in a ladder match, with the 10 million yen prize money hanging from the top to be claimed. Members can be eliminated from the match (presumably by the normal pinfall/submission etc). Using the ladder as a weapon is legal. Winning team is the one who claims the money that's hanging.

MaiHimePoi's Artist of Stardom Titles will also be on the line in this tournament.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/SLinnng/status/1465632997911465987?s=20

Honori Hana is leaving SEAdLINNNG/retiring because of the long term effects of her bout with COVID earlier this year.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

drat, that's awful.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
gently caress man. Terrible, terrible news.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1465682268320534529?s=20

The entrants in the TJPW IP number one contenders battle royal have been decided.

Suzume getting the most votes is interesting

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

The entrants in the TJPW IP number one contenders battle royal have been decided.

People love the honey mustard girl.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

FatBagzJones posted:

Full details of the Unit Tournament at Osaka Super Wars December 18

4 teams will be competing, with the first round being normal 6 person tags.

DDM (Maika, Himeka and Natsupoi) vs Marvelous (Takumi Iroha, Rin Kadokura and Maria)

STARS (Mayu Iwatani, Hazuki, Koguma) vs Cosmic Angels (Tam Nakano, Unagi Sayaka, Mina Shirakawa)

The two winning teams will then compete in a ladder match, with the 10 million yen prize money hanging from the top to be claimed. Members can be eliminated from the match (presumably by the normal pinfall/submission etc). Using the ladder as a weapon is legal. Winning team is the one who claims the money that's hanging.

MaiHimePoi's Artist of Stardom Titles will also be on the line in this tournament.

The thought of Mayu in a ladder match is both exciting and terrifying. Has anyone in this tournament ever been in a ladder match?

Gotta give them credit. Was wondering how they were gonna build a big arena show just 11 days from their second biggest show of the year but I'd say this is a great way to do it. No big titles on the line but a card of unique matches and stipulations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Yuki Arai storming in at 2nd, you love to see it

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
I'm surprised Arai is in second, but only because I would have guessed she'd be first

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Putting all my energy behind that bee

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'm pro-Bee but I'm glad I voted for Nadoka.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Pinwiz11 posted:

I'm pro-Bee but I'm glad I voted for Nadoka.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Shilling it here as well as in the MOTY thread, but the Korakuen Hall Sendai Girls from 23/12 is worth looking up on BiliBili, 4 Tournament matches featuring an assortment of good young talent, a comedy 3 way & 2 great Tag matches to close the show out. ASUKA & Saki Akai vs DASH Chisako & Mika Iwata rules

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Very impressed with forkboy's ability to see the future

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

forkboy84 posted:

Shilling it here as well as in the MOTY thread, but the Korakuen Hall Sendai Girls from 23/12 is worth looking up on BiliBili, 4 Tournament matches featuring an assortment of good young talent, a comedy 3 way & 2 great Tag matches to close the show out. ASUKA & Saki Akai vs DASH Chisako & Mika Iwata rules

Thank you for posting this in multiple places as I don’t think would see this in the MOTY year thread.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

Very impressed with forkboy's ability to see the future

My super power from watching too much wrestling this year

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/daf0dcf93852290d0c1cc27713739cb3358b3d19?s=09

Risa Sera, Maya Yukihi & Suzu Suzuki expected to leave Ice Ribbon at the end of the year

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Whaaaaaaa. If true that would be a massive loss. Also this is the end of the year

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Stall_19 posted:

Whaaaaaaa. If true that would be a massive loss. Also this is the end of the year

From what I can understand of the article through Google translate they mean literally "we'll find out what they do next on January 1st" but I could be wrong.

Yeah, that seems potentially huge for Ice Ribbon. If Suzu turns up in Stardom imma be so sad.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

From what I can understand of the article through Google translate they mean literally "we'll find out what they do next on January 1st" but I could be wrong.

Yeah, that seems potentially huge for Ice Ribbon. If Suzu turns up in Stardom imma be so sad.

Apparently the translation says that Suzu and Risa want to do more deathmatches so I assume that rules out Stardom.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Good. Funny though, Suzu literally had a series of deathmatches, and a hardcore Tag Team Tournament this year.

Coincidentally this popped up in the timeline: https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1465794375640834049?t=AhX6jSSjTmG1P4rnqQLPVw&s=19

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Yeah it mentions that Maya is going to do freelancing which makes sense but Risa/Suzu as a unit doing death matches is quite surprising. Is there a death match promotion that regularly books women?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Couldnt Joshi just visit other promotions to wrestle but still have a home promotion that you’re loyal to, so you never really have to say that you’re leaving a promotion?

Loyal in that they can make appearances at their home promotions for big shows.

TV Zombie fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Nov 30, 2021

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Stall_19 posted:

Yeah it mentions that Maya is going to do freelancing which makes sense but Risa/Suzu as a unit doing death matches is quite surprising. Is there a death match promotion that regularly books women?

Rina Yamashita is a regular in FREEDOMS

Maya saying she wants to freelance doesn't really mean much considering that's what Ishimori and Shingo said.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

So you're saying she's joining New Japan Pro Wrestling

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Maya Yukihi for Suzuki-gun

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

forkboy84 posted:

Good. Funny though, Suzu literally had a series of deathmatches, and a hardcore Tag Team Tournament this year.

Coincidentally this popped up in the timeline: https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1465794375640834049?t=AhX6jSSjTmG1P4rnqQLPVw&s=19
It's been a while since I've watched Ganbare but it'd make sense after Manase moved over since she was a little more risque than the average TJPW wrestler

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

Couldnt Joshi just visit other promotions to wrestle but still have a home promotion that you’re loyal to, so you never really have to say that you’re leaving a promotion?

Loyal in that they can make appearances at their home promotions for big shows.

Totally, that's what makes this surprising. Suzu Suzuki has wrestled in SEAdLINNNG & in FMW-E, plus on a dWo show (which when they run are usually in the early afternoon in the same venue that Freedoms will run later in the day, because Dragon Libre is a Freedoms guy) this year. The Joshi scene is small, Tsukasa Fujimoto has been a regular in SEAdLINNNG in the past. Granted, Ice Ribbon probably run more shows than any other Joshi company (that may be changing going forward with P's Party ending, IDK) but it seems odd that they aren't able to let them take more bookings elsewhere, like allowing Suzu to go do Freedoms shows or turn up on the next Gake No Fuchi Joshi nuttiness. Especially after they lost Giulia to Stardom not that long ago.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I probably misread it. I guess we could have official word in the next 24 hours

https://twitter.com/sg_oxxt/status/1465803915916570624?t=pmbAGGCrUEpjgii2g1yzqw&s=19

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/golden_kuma/status/1465790917928009734

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ganbare Joshi definitely has a different vibe than the TJPW but they're not really a hot workrate roster just yet. Everyone they book can go pretty well but they really haven't found the heat just yet. They've been trying to tell this story with Yuna Manase being the underdog but it hasn't really caught on. I blame that mostly on booking three shows in a row closing with Yuna sobbing and wailing on the mic.

IDK, I'd like to see a women's deathmatch scene in Japan come together. Possibly w/ Kyoko Kimura in a non-wrestling management position since she's a respected vet with deathmatch experience. And since I'm wishlisting here, it'd have to be in the japanese equivalent of Zona 23.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Adding Maya, Risa and Suzu could go a long way to making any roster a workrate roster though. Suzu and Risa have been working Onita's shows and both say they want to do lore deathmatches so maybe he's seen the market gap in doing a full on joshi deathmatch promotion. He definitely drew the joshi crowd to his explosion princess tournament

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/toxic_thekla/status/1465910693257875456?s=20

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Triple post but Ice Ribbon have put up an official announcement with the full details

https://iceribbon.com/news_detail.php?id=3075

Suzu Suzuki, Risa Sera, Akane Fujita, Mochi Miyagi and Hiraagi Kurumi are leaving to form a deathmatch group.

Maya Yukihi is becoming a freelancer but will continue to work for Ice Ribbon.

Thekla is leaving too.

E: the deathmatch crew have named themselves "Prominence" and will be holding a show in the spring

https://twitter.com/shupromobile/status/1465916586355671041?s=20

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Dec 1, 2021

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Kyuri is also not planning on returning to Ice Ribbon or wrestling.

The Frank Sisters departure for hardcore/deathmatch wrestling is a little surprising. Well, not Akane Fujita, but the other two going with her is a bit.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Johnny Landmine posted:

Kyuri is also not planning on returning to Ice Ribbon or wrestling.

The Frank Sisters departure for hardcore/deathmatch wrestling is a little surprising. Well, not Akane Fujita, but the other two going with her is a bit.

I feel like they're the ones insisting on adding "& hardcore" to all the mentions of being a deathmatch group.

It'll be interesting to see who else they book on their shows. Rina is a given. The other wrestlers in Onita's tournament might make sense too.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Miyacoco go to Prominence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

She's too busy right now in the bitter Marvelous feud between people who wear red gear and people who wear yellow gear