Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/CaptainMelendez...ber%3D2991pti28

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
What's the point? Especially when they couldn't possibly edit the latest Suicide Squad to a PG-13.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pope Corky the IX posted:

What's the point? Especially when they couldn't possibly edit the latest Suicide Squad to a PG-13.

It's probably a mistake and the TV version got put up in error.

Edit: Yeah, click through to the original tweet and they have an update saying just that.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Can't believe they edited Harley Quinn to make her British

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Failed Imagineer posted:

Can't believe they edited Harley Quinn to make her British
"Oo's 'e, va fackin' Batman? Fack off ya fackin' caaaahnt!" (Goes through as PG-13 for reasons of incomprehensibility.)

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Dec 22, 2021

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

It would be pretty funny to be able to choose between "gently caress a stranger in the rear end" and "find a stranger in the Alps", ngl.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pope Corky the IX posted:

This reminds me of a bit on MADtv I caught I actually enjoyed: a fake advertisement for the Sopranos coming to PAX, a religious TV network. They show a preview for the next episode, which is so heavily edited that the viewer is left to assume that every episode is about 6 minutes long.

Or if you want to watch a better sketch show that did a sorta similar premise, there's the Mr.Show sketch "Pallies".

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Mad TV was a solid show and often far better than what SNL had going on.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqE7ZxH7BJE

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

So in Rush Hour Jackie sees Chris Tucker use the n-word and then tries it himself to less than desirable results. It’s a pretty course joke that probably wouldn’t be made today. But when they show it on TV they cut out him saying the word so it looks like a group of black men just decide to attack him for no reason.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Same thing as with the "I Hate Everybody" sandwich board in Die Hard 3.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

This reminds me of a bit on MADtv I caught I actually enjoyed: a fake advertisement for the Sopranos coming to PAX, a religious TV network. They show a preview for the next episode, which is so heavily edited that the viewer is left to assume that every episode is about 6 minutes long.

Or if you want to watch a better sketch show that did a sorta similar premise, there's the Mr.Show sketch "Pallies".

They were likely making fun of TBS airing episodes of Sex & the City at the time and how absurdly edited they were, often to the point of being half as long. There’s one where Charlotte becomes addicted to a vibrator and refuses to leave her apartment, so the TBS version removed her character entirely but not some the dialogue. So you’re left with everyone saying stuff like “We need to help her, it’s not healthy, she’s becoming obsessed” but you never see her and have no idea what’s wrong.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Will Sasso does a very spot on Tony.

Hilariously the "edit" from Arthur is raunchier.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXUKFPk7F_o

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

They actually filmed that segment with the "I hate everybody" board and digitally altered it afterwards.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

lmao HELP SORRY I'M TRYING TO DELETE IT

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSe6tvfedb0

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

loving LMAO

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

*throws hat on the floor* who the gently caress hates everybody??

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

This may be one of the best trailers ever

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
that whipcrack :discourse:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Baron von Eevl posted:

They actually filmed that segment with the "I hate everybody" board and digitally altered it afterwards.

The TV edit of Die Hard 3 is just all around hilarious. My favorite bit is they used "melon farmer" to censor "mother fucker".

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn-P3lnr76s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5VhBatNLTE

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

I actually bought a VHS of the TV version of Heartbreak Ridge just for the hilarious overdubbing.

That's a movie where Clint Eastwood plays a Marine and cusses every other minute.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Heartbreak Ridge loving owns and every time I watch it I still get my mind blown by the fact that the big fight they go to at the end is the invasion of Grenada lol

“THE SWEEEEEEEEEEDE!”

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

The war on terror sure was a boon on contemporary war movie settings and tough guy credentials, huh?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Better than the mid to late 90s where all the modern set army movies were simply learning how to fight any eventual war.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Better than the mid to late 90s where all the modern set army movies were simply learning how to fight any eventual war.

The best in-between movie was probably Stripes. And by best I mean worst.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The best army movie of that era is Buffalo Soldiers. Also possibly one of the unluckiest movies in terms of timing in the history of cinema.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

The best army movie of that era is Buffalo Soldiers. Also possibly one of the unluckiest movies in terms of timing in the history of cinema.

No. The Mandela movie that was released five minutes after he died and the comedy about Christopher Skase that got released five minutes after he died both have it beat.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Don't forget about United Passions, a feature length hagiography to FIFA's leadership released smack dab in the middle of the corruption scandal.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

The best in-between movie was probably Stripes. And by best I mean worst.

Stripes is my favorite Army movie.

"I've seen the kind of guys who join the Army, I saw them when I was working unemployment. They're just like us, they're just not as.. sophisticated."

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

AceOfFlames posted:

Don't forget about United Passions, a feature length hagiography to FIFA's leadership released smack dab in the middle of the corruption scandal.

and was like the only notable thing Sam Neill had done in a while and only due to its infamy

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

In cool movie news, Nic Cage IS Dracula!

quote:

Nicolas Cage has made a career of biting into his roles with seemingly reckless abandon, even as he strayed further and further from studio movie making and sunk his teeth into indie cinema.

Now, in a deal sealed with a vampire’s kiss, Cage is returning to a big-studio movie and will play the meaty role of Dracula in Universal Pictures’ monster movie Renfield.

Nicholas Holt is starring as the titular character, the vampire count’s infamous acolyte and henchman, in the feature directed by Chris McKay, the helmer behind Amazon’s The Tomorrow War and The Lego Batman Movie.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/nicolas-cage-dracula-movie-universal-renfield-1235055003/

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
One of Nic Cage’s greatest performances was in a vampire film, so this is inspired casting.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I'M DRACULA I'M DRACULA I'M DRACULA

*runs through streets of Bucharest*

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lct6x-XqWrw

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I demand Dracula eat a cockroach

Or suck its blood, I don't care, just put one in his mouth

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Vampires' Kiss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Tom Waits will always be the most properly cast Renfield