Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Lol alec will be the next poster to have a full psychotic break

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Plinkey posted:

F-35 isn't really an air superiority fighter, the US should have built more than like 100 F22s

it's a replacement for the F-16 which also isn't going away any time soon

Yeah it's just a big pile of trash that can't do anything goodly oh well at least we didn't sink trillions into it and are 30 years behind in every aspect of air warfare.

Ol sakkman
Sep 28, 2021

Asproigerosis posted:

Yeah it's just a big pile of trash that can't do anything goodly oh well at least we didn't sink trillions into it and are 30 years behind in every aspect of air warfare.

australia bought like 7 because ????

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

This is why I never go to movies in a theater. It's too recursive

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Plinkey posted:

thx buddy

Let 100 onions bloom

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Alec Eiffel posted:

Appalachian gen xer (lost generation) posting YouTube videos into a void

You rang?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ol sakkman posted:

letting oil cool, rebottling oil works to keep everything pretty clean and the oil can be reused until youd just rather not reuse it(darker, smells weird, whatever). its letting it sit in there forever that gets painfully gross

this also means frying savoury/sweet is easily kept separate if u care (I will scarf down deep fried mars bars from fish oil cos gently caress it)

I know I worked as a fry cook at outback for a while, your national food export to america

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
lol the military cant do anything right, they came out with a new mine detector while I was in that they made us all get and it was heavy as poo poo and also couldnt find the types of things we needed to find in afghanistan that some off the shelf metal detectors from germany could pick up 100% of the time

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Hatebag posted:

Let 100 onions bloom

gently caress blooming onions, i hate them

i think im gunna go get a 5lb bag of spicy nugs tomorrwo

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Plinkey posted:

I know I worked as a fry cook at outback for a while, your national food export to america

the trick is to leave the oil and never change it, just top it up when you need to. this unlocks some magical flavours

Ol sakkman
Sep 28, 2021

Plinkey posted:

yeah i didnt really think you needed fried food tips but home fryers have a propensity to end up gross and disused without the commercial volume going through them

you seem like someone who weighed up air vs oil frying already tho

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

A Bakers Cousin posted:

lol the military cant do anything right, they came out with a new mine detector while I was in that they made us all get and it was heavy as poo poo and also couldnt find the types of things we needed to find in afghanistan that some off the shelf metal detectors from germany could pick up 100% of the time

So essentially the US needs a forever war to burn off all these weapons we manufacture and to ensure we have an eternal market for them, right? That's Afghanistan in a nushell, right?

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Plinkey posted:

gently caress blooming onions, i hate them

i think im gunna go get a 5lb bag of spicy nugs tomorrwo

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundred_Flowers_Campaign

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ol sakkman posted:

yeah i didnt really think you needed fried food tips but home fryers have a propensity to end up gross and disused without the commercial volume going through them

you seem like someone who weighed up air vs oil frying already tho

i wish it had some kind of drain, but it was like 60 bucks, so i'll just need to buy a funnel and some cheese cloth

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Ol sakkman posted:

australia bought like 7 because ????

Took me awhile but the slot machine reels of multiple-infopoint-gestalt just clicked home to how much of a state operation the US Defense Industry is and how much of a wakeup call that's going to be when another country gets something very publicly superior

Ol sakkman
Sep 28, 2021

btw this article explains australia's actual food export to america (it didnt go well)

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/basketball/what-americans-dont-get-about-aussie-meat-pies/news-story/566c748774011f4ce19f4493d01c8ce5

is the news site good for anything? no not really i bet murdoch owns it but its just talking about sports food so w/e

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

orange man good

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

lmoa

gregday
May 23, 2003

primitive root weimar

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1465871445523931141

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/1465858271668019203

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Plinkey posted:

hmm, probably shouldnt have done this black friday deal

too late now

leess posting, more frying.

start frying

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1465871877386162176

this is better than the beatles

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Buddykins posted:

orange man good

orange man bad! bigly!

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

CODChimera posted:

Lol alec will be the next poster to have a full psychotic break

cool as a cucumber

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Yeah i tased him in the balls, it ruled!

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Tase my balls! I don't talk about my balls

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

yeah i am a piece of poo poo. i tased that motherfucker. tased him real good. i then laughed at his tased rear end because i knew he was tased and i wasn't . tased real good. we're done here.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

:hmmyes:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

is it too late to make a minecraft movie

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

a.lo posted:

leess posting, more frying.

start frying

i dont have enough oil

well maybe i do, stay tuned

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
now that thanksgiving is long past and i had to throw away the last of my cherry pie because it got moldy (I should have frozen half of it, oh well, next year) I wanna hear some pie opinions

I'll run through some of mine to start us off

cherry pie: my favorite. buy the tart cherries in the can and use lemon juice for even more tartness. if you're doing a-la mode, maybe try chocolate ice cream instead of the usual vanilla
pumpkin pie: this poo poo sucks, easily the worst pie. it's still pie so it's tasty but if it weren't a tradition it would have been phased out with the rise of modern food processing and farming
pecan pie: way too sweet, it's good but you really need a cup of strong coffee, not even milk will cut that sweetness.
mincemeat pie: my grandmother's favorite so it always appeared at thanksgiving before she passed away. I'm not entirely sure what goes inside one of those but i know it's not meat
apple pie: these are great if you've got salted caramel sauce. good with
key lime pie: another family favorite so it shows up at thanksgivings, always an interesting pie. tart and creamy.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

a.lo posted:

is it too late to make a minecraft movie

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Plinkey posted:

i dont have enough oil

your car might have some

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Plinkey posted:

i dont have enough oil

check your sex drawer

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

A Bakers Cousin posted:

But the company that made the detectors the army bought hired some retired congressman so it in fact can do things right and as intended.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

BasicLich posted:

now that thanksgiving is long past and i had to throw away the last of my cherry pie because it got moldy (I should have frozen half of it, oh well, next year) I wanna hear some pie opinions

I'll run through some of mine to start us off

cherry pie: my favorite. buy the tart cherries in the can and use lemon juice for even more tartness. if you're doing a-la mode, maybe try chocolate ice cream instead of the usual vanilla
pumpkin pie: this poo poo sucks, easily the worst pie. it's still pie so it's tasty but if it weren't a tradition it would have been phased out with the rise of modern food processing and farming
pecan pie: way too sweet, it's good but you really need a cup of strong coffee, not even milk will cut that sweetness.
mincemeat pie: my grandmother's favorite so it always appeared at thanksgiving before she passed away. I'm not entirely sure what goes inside one of those but i know it's not meat
apple pie: these are great if you've got salted caramel sauce. good with
key lime pie: another family favorite so it shows up at thanksgivings, always an interesting pie. tart and creamy.

I'm right in line with this. I can eat way too much cherry, and I can have the tiniest sliver of pecan pie.

But I tell you what I love from the gramma's house days, COBBLER. Peach cobbler is fuckin amazing, but the best cobbler I had was at Maple Block (the bbq place I keep talking about) - strawberry cobbler. Fuckin incredible.

Anyway, apple pie is fine I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Plinkey posted:

i dont have enough oil

Try your forehead