Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

SpacePig posted:

Wow, thanks Terry, you're right. I am very much into pondering orbs right now. Yeah, this one's really cool, I like it a lot, thank you so much, haha. Mmm hmm, yeah, seems a lot harder to ponder than the beginner rating would imply, huh? Hahaha. Anyway, thanks again, see you next time.
*puts in the pile of identical orbs that aunts and uncles I don't talk to much have gotten me this year*

Don’t orb horde.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

central dogma posted:

What is an orb?

is this a joke? like orb deez nuts or something?

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

Goa Tse-tung posted:

is this a joke? like orb deez nuts or something?

It's an unanswered philosophical question.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

central dogma posted:

What is an orb?

You know same old same old. What's an orb with you?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Fister Roboto posted:

Brings a Tyr to my eye...

Frigg.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Not strictly :nws:, but something difficult to explain to your boss.

https://twitter.com/MechaDenny/status/1465877999132319745

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

Radio Paranoia posted:

Orby on main

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

central dogma posted:

What is an orb?

A ponderous pile of secrets

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

made a photoshop thread for the orb ponderer: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3986608

Golden Dragon
Apr 9, 2007

Always speak politely to an enraged Dragon

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Radio Paranoia posted:

I assume this is a parody of something but for once in my life I'm actually okay with not being tuned in enough to know what

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Sorry about your lack of orbs

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

hazardousmouse posted:

Every time I see someone with a Thor's hammer necklace my brain starts calculating the odds if they're a white supremacist.

Sometimes I worry about this as a white guy with a shaved head and a penchant for bomber jackets. But as a few SHARPs and punks have pointed out to me, it's more a synergy of symbols that indicate a chud. A Mjolnir necklace on its own is probably fine, but if he's also wearing Doc Martens with red laces, and a bomber jacket, and has no hair except those tiny little poop sideburns, the likelihood you're looking at a bonehead increases tenfold. Even a Fred Perry polo isn't always a dogwhistle unless it's part of a larger 'uniform'.

We did have a guy come into my work the other night wearing a green bomber with an actual Proud Boys patch on the shoulder though - a Spartan helmet surrounded by laurels in gold on a black field - and if I had been working the door that night I probably would have asked him "you know they're literally a terrorist org, right?" before denying him entry.

Anyway, memes.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mister Speaker posted:

Sometimes I worry about this as a white guy with a shaved head and a penchant for bomber jackets. But as a few SHARPs and punks have pointed out to me, it's more a synergy of symbols that indicate a chud.

Yeah the human drive to seek patterns from limited data is deeply engrained.

That said I have fond memories of the minor league basketball team we had for a few years before the league folded, but it was named after the year we hosted the winter olympics and I'll be damned if I put a Calgary 88s bumper sticker on my car

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
I think I remember being on a housing estate getting signitures against the bedroom tax and a guy came up with a swastika tattoo and signed it. I didn't say a loving thing lol.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Sound on

https://i.imgur.com/sBYJYNX.mp4

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://twitter.com/GlitchHeaux/status/1465776382068150276

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
Is the short back and sides still OK as long as you don't shave the sides? I swear I'm not a Nazi, this bad haircut is the only one that looks good on my dumbass head shape :(

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I went bald at 18 and have shaved my head ever since.

I can feel the ocular patdown every time someone sees the giant bald white guy.

I'm so glad that dumb whipped cream on a slice of pie haircut is replacing the shaved head. Maybe some day I'll get to wear doc martens again.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Need that bus meme with the dudes on the outside and the mountain wall and pretty view on the inside looking out.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I went bald at 18 and have shaved my head ever since.

I can feel the ocular patdown every time someone sees the giant bald white guy.

I'm so glad that dumb whipped cream on a slice of pie haircut is replacing the shaved head. Maybe some day I'll get to wear doc martens again.

C'mon, bring the horseshoe back into style with me bro! If it worked for samurai surely it can work for us!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Captain Picard had the horseshoe and every body loves him

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
"Playing pocket orb" is a phrase I'm gonna pepper into conversations now.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Always the meme thread

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

fartknocker posted:

Don’t orb horde.
Horbe.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

yea learning this from the meme thread is on brand for 2021

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

Is the short back and sides still OK as long as you don't shave the sides? I swear I'm not a Nazi, this bad haircut is the only one that looks good on my dumbass head shape :(

Unless you have swastikkas or lightning bolts tattooed on the sides literally no one will assume you're a nazi just for having that haircut

even the skin head look probably isn't really an issue once you're like 30+ because by that stage people know you're just leaning into your baldness. A clean shaven 18 year old is another matter.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

The frog saw its shadow, another 12 months of this bullshit

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

bike tory posted:

A clean shaven 18 year old is another matter.

I shaved my head with a razor for 3 or 4 years around the age of 18. I also wore boots and black metal shirts

Not really sure what I was thinking, I just really liked metal, had lovely hair and probably wanted to look scary

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Norse symbols being a CHUD signal depends on location.

In the Nordic countries it's probably about 20% Nazis and 80% just metalheads and/or neopagans (not that some in both groups aren't fash).

Rest of the world you can probably reverse the numbers.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I got very mad when right-wingers started trying to make New Balance shoes some kind of shibboleth because I'm tall and have huge feet and they're one of the few brands that makes comfortable shoes big enough for me

Also chalk me up as another tall, bald white guy. At least I'm in my mid-30s so nobody particularly side-eyes you when you're bald at that point.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cCTgRax94o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KvWwJ6sh5s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JDjkUswzvQ

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I just dress up as a gay biker for shows to make sure I'm not confused with a nazi

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

The good news is a lot more cops are gonna die

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

What's the significance of New Balance?

I remember when "Lonsdale" tee shirts were a signifier because of the letters that showed when they didn't zip up their jacket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Harrow posted:

I got very mad when right-wingers started trying to make New Balance shoes some kind of shibboleth because I'm tall and have huge feet and they're one of the few brands that makes comfortable shoes big enough for me

Also chalk me up as another tall, bald white guy. At least I'm in my mid-30s so nobody particularly side-eyes you when you're bald at that point.

They'll take my Dad Sneakers from my cold, dead, bbq-tong filled hands.