Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

Play posted:

I don't believe for a second that anyone at all turned him down. If you were there and/or on the flight log you were a participant

didn’t inhale lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

the idea that multiple billionaires and current and former us presidents could have someone killed is loving laughable and you should all be ashamed. Call me when you get back from Lala land

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Don't know if this was posted yet, but the times sued and finally got a hold of documents from Epstein's prison stay before his death.
https://archive.md/2vgWt

To me, it's indicative of him killing himself. Once it was clear he had no chance of bail this time, he changed his will to have his money go to his girlfriend and dying before conviction prevented his victims from getting of his money in recompense. The man was a psycho who had no value for the life of his victims and that extended to his own. The only thing close to a conspiracy here is the federal bureau of prisons trying to hide their incompetence that allowed him to die.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Lister posted:

Don't know if this was posted yet, but the times sued and finally got a hold of documents from Epstein's prison stay before his death.

To me, it's indicative of him killing himself. Once it was clear he had no chance of bail this time, he changed his will to have his money go to his girlfriend and dying before conviction prevented his victims from getting of his money in recompense. The man was a psycho who had no value for the life of his victims and that extended to his own. The only thing close to a conspiracy here is the federal bureau of prisons trying to hide their incompetence that allowed him to die.

:ok:

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

where did you hear the 10 years thing

I made it up. Just like somebody made up the idea that Epstein died during a 15 minute window when the cameras weren't working. Sounds good huh. Because they don't have millions of dollars right now do they?

They haven't been paid for murdering Epstein... yet.

The Human Crouton posted:

You're not one of Them because there is no them.

So there isn't a cabal of child rapists that runs the world?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Klyith posted:

More like the personality type of people who run the world also happens to intersect with the personality type that rapes children. But if you want to process every statement by whatever purposeful misunderstanding best benefits you, I understand.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

double post

ChunTheUnavoidable fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Dec 1, 2021

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

Klyith posted:

I made it up. Just like somebody made up the idea that Epstein died during a 15 minute window when the cameras weren't working. Sounds good huh.

Last I heard, I think on Reuters, the two cameras had indeed failed. Looks like they took him off suicide watch and skipped the usual check too. When did you hear they were working?

E: yeah there’s been no retraction or anything https://www.reuters.com/article/us-people-jeffrey-epstein-cameras-idUSKCN1VI2LC

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

More like the personality type of people who run the world also happens to intersect with the personality type that rapes children. But if you want to process every statement by whatever purposeful misunderstanding best benefits you, I understand.

I think extremely powerful and ambitious people tend towards sexual abuse the same way cops tend to beat their wives— people predisposed to excel in and enjoy those things also like abusing people who are weaker than them, and in the former case they have the resources to do it on as large a scale as they want

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
smh at boomers complaining about millennials needing safe spaces but not caring about billionaires making safe spaces to rape kids. easier to shoot up a pizza place

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007

Lister posted:

Epstein had already walked on similar charges once, he still had enormous amounts of money in the bank, enough to pay for any lawyer (like his good friend Dersh), and also presumably lots of dirt on lots of powerful people with which to make deals. The idea that he would give up or lose all hope after a short stint in prison doesn't ring true to me. The fact that public opinion actually managed to put him in jail this time didn't actually mean the charges were going to stick, he had plenty of means to fight.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I think extremely powerful and ambitious people tend towards sexual abuse the same way cops tend to beat their wives— people predisposed to excel in and enjoy those things also like abusing people who are weaker than them, and in the former case they have the resources to do it on as large a scale as they want

Pretty much my thoughts as well. I think that most people become their worst if you suddenly make them a Roman Emperor, but I also think that the worst people naturally seep up to that power using their ruthlessness and joy the get from demeaning other people as a tool to get them there.

Add up all of those individuals acting for themselves, and suddenly you have a system that seems to be acting as a monolithic conspiracy as each individual seeks to protect themselves by employing the help of another poo poo person, who also got into power by being ruthless, and will help other ruthless people for self benefit.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Add up all of those individuals acting for themselves, and suddenly you have a system that seems to be acting as a monolithic conspiracy as each individual seeks to protect themselves by employing the help of another poo poo person, who also got into power by being ruthless, and will help other ruthless people for self benefit.

Wait, so is it a Monolithic conspiracy, or not? You seem the be arguing both and I’m failing to grasp the point you’re making.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Wait, so is it a Monolithic conspiracy, or not? You seem the be arguing both and I’m failing to grasp the point you’re making.

Sorry you’re having a hard time grasping things. Try reading more slowly, or out loud to yourself. Highlighting as you read can also help

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Sorry you’re having a hard time grasping things. Try reading more slowly, or out loud to yourself. Highlighting as you read can also help

I did that, and walked away with dubious info about mafia members and it was kinda scary. Maybe you can articulate their point?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Lister posted:

It's funny how so many goons insist its literally impossible that he killed himself. As if the thought of cops and prison officials being incompetent is the most ridiculous thing they've ever heard, and that a man finally facing consequences for all the terrible things he's done wouldn't want to kill himself. This time was way, way different than any other legal trouble he had previously faced too so that's not a great argument.

We won't ever know for sure but Occam's Razor would have that be the explanation, and at the very least it's just as likely as anything else including some huge conspiracy of elites

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I mean, Occam's Razor wouldn't have me thinking there's a secret billionaire pedophile island, but here we are.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
he probably killed himself but there was a conspiracy in that he was allowed to kill himself

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Klyith posted:

I made it up. Just like somebody made up the idea that Epstein died during a 15 minute window when the cameras weren't working. Sounds good huh. Because they don't have millions of dollars right now do they?

The feds are staring at the guards bank account balance in shifts 24/7 while they're living it up on shady gift cards. Black helicopters bring them empty bottles and cans that they can return for $$$

But seriously there is a chance immensely rich people have found ways to pay people other than handing them dollar sign bags

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Klyith posted:

There's a cabal of child rapists and there's a cabal of people that run the world and there is absolutely some overlap but no, there is not a cabal of child rapists that run the world.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I had a big thing here on comparative case studies, but I'll opt for short: It sincerely strikes me as odd when a person of Epstein's character kills themselves outside of "My death will ruin [x]'s life." It is extremely unlikely that his disvalue of others' lives extended to his own, or that he had a come to Jesus moment after setting up and successfully running a billionaire pedo isle for decades.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I think the "This dude had been flaunting the law for his entire life there's no way he'd kill himself he'd assume his wealth and power was going to continue protecting him" line of reasoning and the "This dude finally realized that the jig was up and there's no way he was getting out of this again and he was going to spend the rest of his life in a cell so he absolutely killed himself" line of reasoning are both completely plausible.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Mozi posted:

he probably killed himself but there was a conspiracy in that he was allowed to kill himself

This has always seemed like the most logical scenario to me from the beginning and I'm disappointed that I rarely see it mentioned.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

there doesn't need to be a "cabal of child rapists running the world" for criminal conspiracies involving world leaders and governments to exist.

i dont believe the world is "run" by any one organization but the fact that multiple extremely powerful people - some of whom may even be otherwise at odds with one another! - are involved in a particular sex trafficking ring certainly makes it very likely that the infrastructure and agents of governments will be used to protect those powerful people and cover up their crimes. this doesn't mean they are all part of one cabal.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i like the idea that multiple wealthy child rapists are wondering which other child rapist they know pulled the strings to coverup epstein's death

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Surely they have a Whatsapp group at least

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Last I heard, I think on Reuters, the two cameras had indeed failed. Looks like they took him off suicide watch and skipped the usual check too. When did you hear they were working?

E: yeah there’s been no retraction or anything https://www.reuters.com/article/us-people-jeffrey-epstein-cameras-idUSKCN1VI2LC

The cameras failed. But not for 15 minutes. They were just not working at all, that night or other nights. So Epstein didn't need any special timing to commit suicide, once he got taken off the suicide watch area.

Afterward the DOJ got a memo from the inspector general to fix cameras in all fed prisons because broken cameras are apparently a frequent issue. Prison guards are just another form of cop scum and they hate having cameras watching. No exactly a surprise.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/abcdentminded/status/1466340336846786560?t=f2jTo7tl9ydmmsjzKkt6Cg&s=19

:stare:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
power move

aceface
Dec 27, 2017

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Earwicker posted:

there doesn't need to be a "cabal of child rapists running the world" for criminal conspiracies involving world leaders and governments to exist.

i dont believe the world is "run" by any one organization but the fact that multiple extremely powerful people - some of whom may even be otherwise at odds with one another! - are involved in a particular sex trafficking ring certainly makes it very likely that the infrastructure and agents of governments will be used to protect those powerful people and cover up their crimes. this doesn't mean they are all part of one cabal.

That's exactly the kind of thing a member of the global pedo cabal would suggest.

:thunk: Where were you the night Epstein allegedly "killed himself"?

feller
Jul 5, 2006

i killed epstein in the parlor with a wrench

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

yikes! posted:

i killed epstein in the parlor with a wrench

Colonel Angus?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Please, Colonel Angus was my father. Call me Anile.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

The tv show of the Oscar winning movie of this will win an Emmy.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
:lmao:
The sketch artist made sure to let you know exactly what's up. It's like an Escher self-portrait.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Don't like that one bit.

Good thing she's hosed lol

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Sketch artists have had a pretty easy couple of years

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
Is there a reason that court sketch artists seem to follow the same art style?

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

Yeah it’s all the same guy. He is super busy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Yvershek posted:

Is there a reason that court sketch artists seem to follow the same art style?

you have to go really fast, and they're generally freelance contractors. I'd assume that all adds up into a general shared style of doing the sketches a certain way in order to make side-hustle money fast and easy.