Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lmao I wonder if Putin goes for the gusto now and just annexes the whole thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
No.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

why would anyone even want it?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
how intense do you think the war is in State between the cold war anti-Russia generic MIC perverts and the Zenz anti-China christofascist crowd?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
there's only one money pile and two bloodthirsty psycho camps, who will win? I think the Russia freaks want it more, tbh.

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

Truga posted:

still funny how the commie party was about to win and big % in elections and suddenly said monsters get millions in CIA money while some prominent commie leaders disappear lol

Then Shinzo Abe's grandpa tried to overthrow hiw own political party using the Yakuza as soldiers, because he didn't think they were right wing enough.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

what's the usa govt's strategy with all this ukraine stuff anyway? like taiwan, we are not going to go to war over it. just bluster and hope it prevents annexation/conflagration?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

what's the usa govt's strategy with all this ukraine stuff anyway? like taiwan, we are not going to go to war over it. just bluster and hope it prevents annexation/conflagration?

blob's gotta eat

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
like I'm sure there's lots of weird back room poo poo where biden's guys want to give him something to look strong about and the die hard cold warriors genuinely think Russia must be brought to heel and poo poo but it all just boils down to 'blob's gotta eat'

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

huh?

Lasting Damage
Feb 26, 2006

Fallen Rib

gradenko_2000 posted:

New propaganda just dropped:

lol at this NGO calling them "target countries."

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

if this is what it takes to make calling yourself a "data geek" illegal, so be it

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/dlacalle_IA/status/1465946235509084160

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I dunno I think that's p funny

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I thought the number of billionaires was still going up though?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

the quote from the ft article is from a china daily article from 2011:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

to put more territory between moscow and russia's borders

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/SquawkCNBC/status/1465660719756681218

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

based

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

As a Christian, the Chinese conception of the nation-as-a-family is as close to my faith's concept of the brotherhood of man one can find.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1466123436732948492?s=20

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

did they even have any tournaments in china and if they dont have any reason to go into china now how are they going to confirm peng shuais safety

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

hahaha

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

(nobody notices)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Theres a very apparent concentrated effort to try to make this a thing again after it was seemingly buried a few weeks ago

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Spergin Morlock posted:

to put more territory between moscow and russia's borders

Moscow is as close or nearly as close to the borders of Estonia, Finland and Latvia though

I really think the conflict with Ukraine has more to do with internal Russian politics than any legitimate security concern. The nutters who want war with Ukraine aren't a majority, but they're the core of the ruling party's voting bloc

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Theres a very apparent concentrated effort to try to make this a thing again after it was seemingly buried a few weeks ago

Didn't the Dick Pound at the IOC come out today and say he talked to her and she's fine? The entire thing stinks.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Didn't the Dick Pound at the IOC come out today and say he talked to her and she's fine? The entire thing stinks.

Yeah. I only know this because I saw "Dick Pound" trending on twitter and had to find out why

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Yeah. I only know this because I saw "Dick Pound" trending on twitter and had to find out why

I mostly wanted to post about Dick Pound, honestly.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

https://twitter.com/BigRadMachine/status/1466064166406561802?s=20

And yeah he did but that was after some EU officials came in and were like "We need more proof that shes fine!"

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

It's been the weirdest poo poo because literally simultaneously as when Mossad Agent Jen Psaki was pounding the desk to demand proof of life, Peng was posting and making long scheduled public appearances which the so called free press just ignored.

It was one of the most brazen examples of how intelligence demons craft the narrative and control information and no one cared. But then these are the same loving idiots who bought into Iraq too.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

we could try going there for a tournament then wed have plenty of chances to talk to her alone

no we cant reward china for their rank villainy by allowing them the honor of a tennis tournament

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

fun fact: WTA is a private corporation set up by Philip Morris, as the pet project of a guy who worked in pre-revolution Cuba at a cigar company that was a front for German intelligence in WW1. they made JFK’s favorite cigars.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

the quote from the ft article is from a china daily article from 2011:

they were so young

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

they were so young

president hu...... save us............

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Russia orders US diplomats to leave as Ukraine tensions escalate

quote:

Tensions between Russia and the United States have further soured a day before top officials from both countries are set to meet, with Moscow moving to expel US diplomats.

Russian foreign ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said on Wednesday that US embassy staff who have been in Moscow for more than three years were being ordered to fly home by January 31, an apparently retaliatory move.

Russia’s ambassador to the US said last week that 27 Russian diplomats and their families were being expelled from the country and would leave on January 30.

“We … intend to respond in the corresponding way,” foreign ministry spokesperson Maria Zakharova told a briefing.

Some more diplomatic tic for tac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

why did elon musk get richer than the rest of them hes the only one associated with a product people used less during the pandemic