Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
Is Tinker's Construct still a thing? I think most of TCon's "machines" are big manual multiblocks but I still had hella fun with them. You can automate them but you don't have to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

D34THROW posted:

Is Tinker's Construct still a thing? I think most of TCon's "machines" are big manual multiblocks but I still had hella fun with them. You can automate them but you don't have to.

Tinker's is still under active development for 1.16. Previous version aren't getting new features or anything, but might still get some bug fixes.

https://github.com/SlimeKnights/TinkersConstruct/wiki/New-in-Tinkers%27-Construct-3 is all the 1.16 changes. You can also look at the roadmap for what they plan on doing.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Create chat:

I'm on a server running Enigmatica 6. I haven't teched up much yet, but working with some of the other folks we've made a pretty comprehensive bee library for resources, and I needed something to process all those chunks. Combined with the fact I already wanted windmills on my base, and I built... the Crushinator.

It's a 4 wheel, 6-belt, 8-fan crusher/washer setup. Toss all the ore chunks you can carry in the barrel on the right, everything gets fed round robin to the two wheel pairs, and then washable ore is split amongst the 6 lines while non-washable stuff get's ejected out the side of the brass tunnel to meet up with the washed nuggets at the bottom. The whole thing is run off the giant windmill sort of visible in the background. (I plan to make a big stained glass window.) The speed from the fan is doubled once, and then three lines branch off, one to run the belts, one I doubled twice more for the wheels, and one I doubled twice more for the fans.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

...Holy poo poo I just cottoned onto the fact that, as long as you are reprocessing the Magnesium Chloride that making Titanium generates, it's self-sustaining outside of the Rutile. :aaa:

...I could put an ME conduit next to a chemical reactor with a robot arm to pull in rutile and carbon dust, spit the titanium tetrachloride into a blast furnace, and have an electrolyzer at the output hatch to take the MgCl2 to turn back into Mg to feed into the titanium furnace, couldn't I? :aaaaa:

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

You can also reprocess the carbon monoxide into carbon and oxygen, so really the only thing you need externally is rutile, yeah. And you can get rutile from micro miners, so you can 100% automate titanium pretty easily. Right now I'm working on storage upgrade, then I'll be building up more AE2 crafting and then automate T1 microminers.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
i think im missing something with renewable slime in above and beyond - you can grow slime trees on slimy grass but it makes the grass revert to normal dirt when you chop them down with or without a mechanical saw. how do you renew slimy grass?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
edit: wrong thread

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Slimy grass will spread like normal grass, so a few blocks of slimy grass around the tree planting zone should provide some slime grass if trees kill off their own growing surface.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Omnifactory: Can anyone share a picture or similar of what their rocket fuel setup looks like? I'm trying to follow this flowchart but getting all the fluids going the right way is ruining my brain. :(

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Kyrosiris posted:

Omnifactory: Can anyone share a picture or similar of what their rocket fuel setup looks like? I'm trying to follow this flowchart but getting all the fluids going the right way is ruining my brain. :(

Wow, that flowchart needs to be simplified a lot. For reference, here's my flowchart for polybenzimidazole in GTNH:

It omits a lot of the really obvious steps, like "how 2 get ammonia? :saddowns:" for brevity.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Kyrosiris posted:

I just ("just" lol) set up a reactor/distillery for each of the quests along the way and used the ME network to plumb between them and magically got a pile of rocket fuel at the end of the quest line.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Blind Duke posted:

Slimy grass will spread like normal grass, so a few blocks of slimy grass around the tree planting zone should provide some slime grass if trees kill off their own growing surface.

Interesting ok I will give that a shot thanks!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I just ("just" lol) set up a reactor/distillery for each of the quests along the way and used the ME network to plumb between them and magically got a pile of rocket fuel at the end of the quest line.

Bleh, I was actually trying to avoid getting too heavily into fluid storage, but I guess there's nothing else for it.

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help
Rocket fuel is one of the few things I *didn't* have set up as a bunch of individual steps feeding back into the ME network since so much of it is intermediate products not used for anything else. My setup was like this:

Partially disassembled since I was switching stuff over to creative tanks, but all the machines are still here.

Back row, flowing right-to-left: Fluid interface serving mercury, chlorine, ammonia, methanol, and oxygen; fluid interface for returning stuff back into the ME system; reactor making hypochlorous acid; reactor making chloramine; reactor making 1,1-dimethylhydrazine; reactor making rocket fuel.
Front row, right-to-left: reactor making dimethylamine and feeding into the 1,1-dimeth reactor; reactor making dinitrogen tetroxide and feeding into the rocket fuel reactor.

Piping was kind of a pain, though. You can't just use the auto-eject for getting the chloramine into the next reactor, since it ejects the water byproduct instead, so that had to be piped by conduits instead. Needed a bunch of fluid filters and some different channels to ensure everything went where it was supposed to, and I also sometimes got tripped up by some kind of bug where fluid filters seemed to stop working until breaking and replacing the conduit.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

That helped a lot, thanks!

Let's goooooo :getin:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
If you're playing Create: Above and Beyond, don't sleep on starting Occultism. It's a really neat mod and offers a options for keeping stuff stocked without a ton of belts or pretty pipes. I'm in tier two (djinni summoning) and just got a void miner.

Most of what I've done so far is use Foliot (the tier 1 spirit) transporters to either keep stuff like stirling dynamos or furnace engines stocked with coal coke or help out with automating invar a bit. Work well with storage drawers and Create depots and other item storages. THe mod even includes a pretty efficient dimensional storage that I think you can eventually hook into a ME system. Looks like it's 1 slot per item as long the metadata is identical, so books the like stack just fine. Seems like it'll be really useful for the radiant-tier automation.

The book is also quite good, but there's entirely too many pentacles to do binding rituals to make all the stuff with to keep track of.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
Does this look destroyed enough?

Edit:

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Dec 2, 2021

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Black Pants posted:

Edit:

Looks really cool! Definitely get the damaged space dome vibe.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Black Pants posted:

Edit:

Absolutely, looking real good.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Yo that space station looks rad as all hell, you making an adventure pack or some such? Fingers crossed that you are and that I'll get the chance to poke around that great looking terrain some day :sun:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Working our way through chapter 3. I've discovered the automation benefits of dimensional storage. Massively simplifies moving stuff from A to B.

This is my new painball processing facility. Paintballs come in via portal and chromatic blend leaves via another portal. I'll fix the floor later. I'm using a drawer controller, but I'm thinking I may need to do one portal/chute combo per drawer, instead, since they drop one at a time.

Additionally, dimenstional mining is hilarious. I was going to make some dumb, degenerate iron crushing/re-foundry-ing system to get infinite nickel, but nah, djinn. Threw our first Eternal Stella on a mining djinni and I'm filling up a cobalt barrel with ore.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Dec 3, 2021

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Magres posted:

Yo that space station looks rad as all hell, you making an adventure pack or some such? Fingers crossed that you are and that I'll get the chance to poke around that great looking terrain some day :sun:

I am yeah. It's still in relatively early stages because just building the drat place is only the first half and I've still got a lot more to do, and then I gotta do all the progression and poo poo, but I'm refining a plan as I go along. I'm very excited for it though.

And thanks for the compliments. :)

Edit: lolwat

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Dec 3, 2021

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I forgot how much I hated getting presses in Applied Energistics. :fuckoff: C:AB even offers the freebie skystone chests, but they're all identical as far as I can tell. I have like 20 calc and eng presses, but zero silicon presses.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
This is why good modpacks offer alternatives for the presses that don't require meteor hunting.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
that sounds like a bug tbh, those freebie chests are there specifically so you don't have to meteor hunt so they absolutely shouldn't be identical

in my game we were super lucky i guess, before we even got anywhere close to ME we had at least 2 of each presses

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Looks like it's a server update time for me.

quote:

-AE2 presses can now be multiplied/exchanged through the use of invar

That said, they did 'slightly nerf' my beloved dimensional mineshaft by removing the ability to make the lamps unbreakable. Joke's on them, I already have one. Though, I can't seem to find where in the config the eternal stella's compatibility list lives.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Dec 3, 2021

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Because I can,

I'm not really sure how to make a rec area homey with the design theme lol I guess it doesn't matter too much.

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Dec 3, 2021

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

Has anyone worked out a good setup for the alchemical laser in Create: Above and Beyond?
I have a "working" one but it's not perfect (It gets jammed with reagents regularly and I have to go and clean it out). I don't know much about how to actually get things done when a minecart is involved and the loader/unloader is not as well suited to the job as I'd like.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Black Pants posted:

Because I can,

I'm not really sure how to make a rec area homey with the design theme lol I guess it doesn't matter too much.

That looks really well done!

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

ptroll posted:

Has anyone worked out a good setup for the alchemical laser in Create: Above and Beyond?
I have a "working" one but it's not perfect (It gets jammed with reagents regularly and I have to go and clean it out). I don't know much about how to actually get things done when a minecart is involved and the loader/unloader is not as well suited to the job as I'd like.

I'd be interested in that, too. I've just been doing it by hand, but I'm dreading working my way up to the chaos catalyst.

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

Echophonic posted:

I'd be interested in that, too. I've just been doing it by hand, but I'm dreading working my way up to the chaos catalyst.

You're definitely meant to build up to the chaos catalyst by hand (you can just put down a single bit of track and a lever on the laser and not have it actually move on the track), but using it in automation is odd.
If you can stomach doing the research it's potentially very worth it-- my recipe for silicon wound up being just andesite, which is trivial to generate.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

ptroll posted:

You're definitely meant to build up to the chaos catalyst by hand (you can just put down a single bit of track and a lever on the laser and not have it actually move on the track), but using it in automation is odd.
If you can stomach doing the research it's potentially very worth it-- my recipe for silicon wound up being just andesite, which is trivial to generate.

I have Volatile, Metallurgic, and Crystalline done. We lucked into a crystalline from a randonium or something, but that doesn't really give us any info.

Finished the research, looks like my silicon is nether wart, which is pretty trivial. Blazing turns into silver, but we have tons of coins, so I'm less excited about that.

Also, do Neptune's bounties just not spawn in C:AB? I know the whole thing around luck is hosed for them being junk or whatever, but what the hell, I've gotten ZERO.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Dec 4, 2021

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

Worked out a reasonable setup for the laser:

The magic bullet for this was remembering that deployers can interact with stuff normally, which means I can have one trigger a button to launch the cart at the end after I'm sure that the laser has fired, using repeaters for timing.

Starting from the bottom left powered locking rail:
1. The cart is held here until it gets a redstone signal from the loader at step 2.
2. The catalyst is inserted into the cart. The content observer next to it emits a redstone signal when a catalyst is present and ready to be loaded, which causes the cart to come to this lock. The loader emits a signal to the locking rail when empty.
3. The next loader (where the cart is in the screenshot) is full of input reagents (andesite in my case), and emits a signal when the cart is full to send it off.
4. Behind the laser setup is a detector rail, which emits a signal to fire both deployers. The cart then sits in front of the laser, and it's timed using repeaters so that the laser fires, then the button is pressed to unlock the rail and send it forward again.
5. The final locking rail has an unloader, which extracts everything it can from the cart and releases it when empty. As far as I know there's no good way to filter what to remove, so it gets the product (silicon) as well as the chaos catalyst, and pipes the catalyst back into the loader at step 2.

So far I've been able to run this unattended, without it mixing any reagents or overflowing. Pretty satisfied with the result.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I am not good at designing sci-fi industrial looking spaces. :negative:

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...
Is there a quick and easy way to grow a tall hellbark tree for use with an arboreal extractor, or a way to set one up artificially? Seems it knows when you build one versus grow one and I just want a trickle of lava to use once in a while.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Spectral Werewolf posted:

Is there a quick and easy way to grow a tall hellbark tree for use with an arboreal extractor, or a way to set one up artificially? Seems it knows when you build one versus grow one and I just want a trickle of lava to use once in a while.

Smack them with bonemeal or fertilizer and chop the shorties until you get a tall guy. Annoying but you could get lucky like me and get tall ones 2 for 2. No idea what the chances are but it's gotta be more than getting a big beefy oak.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...
I'm having no luck getting a natural tall one. I made a dirt tower and grew single log trees one under the other and that seems to be valid for the extractor so I guess that's the workaround.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

I'm having no luck getting a natural tall one. I made a dirt tower and grew single log trees one under the other and that seems to be valid for the extractor so I guess that's the workaround.

Yeah, just put down a hellbark log, a dirt, then a sapling. Bonemeal the sapling to get the 1-tall one, then replace the dirt with another log. It can only tell if leaves are placed naturally, doesn't really care about logs.

Also, it's AWFUL lava-gen at 25mb/cycle at best, but it's fine if you get like 5 and put it in a tank to feed a smeltery or whatever. I don't think lava's a worthwhile power source in C:AB. Treefarm into charcoal is best of breed until you get to Chapter 3, and then just turn it into coke, which is like 20x as good.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Dec 6, 2021

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

This is the one we went with on our server, yeah. Goofy, but minecraft logic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

Echophonic posted:

Also, it's AWFUL lava-gen at 25mb/cycle at best, but it's fine if you get like 5 and put it in a tank to feed a smeltery or whatever. I don't think lava's a worthwhile power source in C:AB. Treefarm into charcoal is best of breed until you get to Chapter 3, and then just turn it into coke, which is like 20x as good.

Yeah this was my thinking as well, I just want to be able to grab some lava from there every once in a while instead of going all the way down a mine shaft or into the nether just for a couple buckets.