Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Delta-Wye posted:

Pop a Buttebot in your mouth,
When you come to Fishy Rah's,
What they're made of is a mystery,
Where they come from, no one knaws.
You can pick 'em, you can lick 'em,
You can chew 'em, you can stick 'em,
And if you promise not to sue us,
You can shove one up your nose.

The mastermind behind it all sat contentedly at his operating table and worked with astounding assembly-line efficiency. Behind him was a locker with a seemingly limitless number of twitching, honking, weeping Cluwnes stuffed into it; he would grab a Cluwneclone, slap it onto the table, neatly slice off its butt, indifferently cut out its brain, hurl the dead body and brain down the disposal chute while he set the butt to one side, and repeat. The man on Butt Duty would then grab the Cluwne butt and slap a robot arm onto it, creating a Buttbot, a butt on wheels that served no purpose except to be a butt and say the word "butt."

The efficiency and hard work of the Butt Conspiracy paid off, and before long Medbay was entirely crammed with Buttbots, to the point where the entire area was rendered non-functional and impassable due to the surging ocean of little wheeled cyberbutts happily beeping "butt" in a tinny chorus. But(t) crowding was not the issue - Buttbots do one thing aside from simply say "butt" now and again. When a Buttbot hears someone speak, it has a chance to repeat what was said, with "butt" substituted in place of random words.

This became an issue when the Captain strolled into Medbay and was aghast at its sorry state. "What the gently caress is going on here?" he shouted.

The Buttbots chirped up in a gleeful, deafening chorus. "What the butt is butt on here?" "Butt the gently caress butt going on butt?" "What butt butt is going butt here?" and so on and so forth, in a disorienting wave of auditory butt. This infuriated the Captain further, but his hollering and order-giving only further excited the Buttbots, making it totally impossible for anyone nearby to hear what was said or get any idea of what the gently caress was going on amidst the titanic cacophony of butt. The Captain flew into a rage and decided to destroy all of the Buttbots, but he forgot that they leave smears of poo when destroyed; it was not long before he slipped head-over-heels and wound up prone and stunned in a puddle of human excrement, cursing relentlessly while the legion of Buttbots around him babbled back page upon page upon page of buttified imitation.

Seeing this, some jokester took a radio, turned on its microphone so that it would publicly broadcast anything it picked up, and tossed it into the room.

Well, poo poo, now nobody could hear anything. Every radio on the station became a hellish noise cannon, blasting out an incomprehensible wall of recursive butt laced with garbled cursing and butt-riddled mockeries of the crew's anguished cries for silence. At some point a bunch of the Buttbots came within hearing distance of the Cluwneclone closet; this is significant because Cluwnes will randomly and uncontrollably burst into fits of screamed honking. There were dozens of Cluwnes in that thing, and their eerie wails of HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK soon became a HONK HONK butt HONK butt blared forth from uncountable Buttbot speakers, received by the radio and broadcast throughout the station, magnifying upon itself until it was quite literally impossible to divine the slightest scrap of understanding from the game's text box as it was choked by dozens of pages of recursive buttspam per second. The Captain was helpless to stop it. The Roboticists were churning out Buttbots faster than he could destroy them, leaving him effectively stranded in the middle of the deafening, butt-packed hell that had once been Medbay.

I don't even know what the gently caress happened to that wizard, and I don't care. He was not the true villain of that round. The Robutticists were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals
I've been lurking this thread for a while, now. When will I know I'm worthy enough to buy myself a gang tag?

For content, I was unknowingly roped into a scam where I was recording an audiobook for someone who wasn't actually the rights owner. It sucks that I spent a load of time recording something that was never going to be released, but the silver lining is that I now feel I'm the expert in Water/UFO interactions:

I still can't decide on my favourite chapter:

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Chris Pistols posted:

I've been lurking this thread for a while, now. When will I know I'm worthy enough to buy myself a gang tag?

For content, I was unknowingly roped into a scam where I was recording an audiobook for someone who wasn't actually the rights owner. It sucks that I spent a load of time recording something that was never going to be released, but the silver lining is that I now feel I'm the expert in Water/UFO interactions:

I still can't decide on my favourite chapter:

sounds like you've answered your own question and are a worthy watcher already

do you have the audio files yourself/can they be shared at all? I want to know about bird reactions to water birds

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

tell us why UFOs are killing ducks and you’ll have earned the tag

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
For what it’s worth, that’s a pretty good book.

Anyone watch “The Observers” yet? I was a bit surprised, it goes places other bird docs rarely do. For all the woo woo it’s interesting Richard Dolan had a prominent role.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Fly Ricky posted:

For what it’s worth, that’s a pretty good book.

Anyone watch “The Observers” yet? I was a bit surprised, it goes places other bird docs rarely do. For all the woo woo it’s interesting Richard Dolan had a prominent role.

I dislike how much of it is Richard Dolan going on his weird libertarian spiel about techno-surveillance
He's really weirdly into that and it makes me feel suspicious of what he's hiding

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

poisonpill posted:

It's not UFOs, it's just Alex Jones.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

all so-called alien sightings are really just someone seeing Alex Jones running around hopped up on a bunch of drugs

every single one of them

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I don't know dick enough about most things to know if this hemi-sync stuff is real or not but I have to say it really is soothing on mornings when I am wound too tight

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

my bony fealty posted:

I want to know about bird reactions to water birds

poisonpill posted:

Cats, you say? OK: https://voca.ro/1cxgMpWAnnao

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I don't know dick enough about most things to know if this hemi-sync stuff is real or not but I have to say it really is soothing on mornings when I am wound too tight

it relaxes me too however i've been having really creepy dreams since I started doing it, like every single one has a shadowy observer stalking me regardless of setting or context and if I try to interact with it in any way I immediately wake up

still gonna keep doing it though

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

blatman posted:

it relaxes me too however i've been having really creepy dreams since I started doing it, like every single one has a shadowy observer stalking me regardless of setting or context and if I try to interact with it in any way I immediately wake up

I figure if telepathy is in any way real it is definitely some government department's job to keep tabs on the people who start dipping into it and probably try to scare them off if they can
Don't let the CIA rob you of your awakening

that is to say

lock that shadow man in the energy conversion box

Mr. Barnesworth
Jun 28, 2008

I said GOOD DAY, sir!

Chris Pistols posted:

Word on the street is that they have a secret hideout in the astral planes near the shoulders of Orion. Find it, knock thrice, and don't go into the light.

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I dislike how much of it is Richard Dolan going on his weird libertarian spiel about techno-surveillance
He's really weirdly into that and it makes me feel suspicious of what he's hiding

Unfortunately this is more than half of Dolan's whole thing now. His content used to be a lot better, but he started spiraling after 2016 when he was infected with trump brainworms. Nowadays he's a covid truther, too, and he separated from his nice remote-viewing hippy wife. His lurch rightward continues, who knows where he will end up.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

richard dolan is a two bit hack fraud

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

richard dolan is a street level hustler who happened to be born with the right gender and ethnicity to get hired answering phones for the MIC. he leveraged this job into a fully constructed insider mythos talking head persona. now he gets to run with other high level white grifters

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Gather roun' the ol' table and listen to a couple old boys tell their stories

https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/r65in7/interview_with_retired_montana_sheriffs_keith/

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

blatman posted:

Same. It means we're on the right track and THEY don't want us to be. Only option is to double down and face the multi dimensional entities head-on

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I just want to say that should I end up at some CIA black site or some astral prison or gray probe ship I don't blame you all for opening my eyes to the banality of materialism

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Would be pretty hyped being on a probe ship tbqh

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I'm probably late to the game, but I just listened to the Sunday episode of Astonishing Legends and it's an extended interview with abductee/contactee Terry Lovelace. It's an interesting insight into an abductee who isn't just historical. I tend to think his experience didn't actually happen (so some combination of delusional and grifter) but he's an interesting sort of throwback to old school Ufology.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

grifter or no someone needs to buy him an account based on this drawing alone

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

a real Johnny Five-fingers that one is

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Hey it's me cool A'dam

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

poisonpill posted:

all so-called alien sightings are really just someone seeing Alex Jones running around hopped up on a bunch of drugs

every single one of them

its not just him running around hopped up on drugs

sometimes he eats the hyper chili and is able to vibrate between dimensions

the vibrations open a gaping red portal in the sky. often a smoke ring is witnessed at the edge

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

The Saucer Hovers posted:

grifter or no someone needs to buy him an account based on this drawing alone

I don’t know why but that alien looks like an Aussie surfer bro

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Rah! posted:

its not just him running around hopped up on drugs

sometimes he eats the hyper chili and is able to vibrate between dimensions

the vibrations open a gaping red portal in the sky. often a smoke ring is witnessed at the edge

im sorry your honor ive vibrated to a plane where birthdays are not holidays

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Missionary Positron posted:

looks like he hangs out with Rude Dog

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Missionary Positron posted:

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

DARPA is claiming to have built a microchip sized warp drive

>consisting of a 1 μm diameter sphere centrally located in a 4 μm diameter cylinder was analyzed to show a three-dimensional Casimir energy density that correlates well with the Alcubierre warp metric requirements

official article and announcement is supposed to be out today or tmrow.

>The York Time field is depicted as a grid that has a wave-like appearance with a simple representation of a notional craft overlayed on top of the field to show the connection between the spacetime disturbance and the source of the negative vacuum energy density. The York Time plot indicates that space is expanding behind the spacecraft and contracting in front of the spacecraft. The craft depicted in the plot has a central part located in the center of the warp bubble in the region where the spacetime is flat, the proper acceleration α is zero, and local clocks are synchronized with external clocks on earth. The craft is equipped with a ring structure that represents an encapsulation of exotic matter or negative vacuum energy density distributed throughout.

here's the article designing it (this was published before it was built).

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1140/epjc/s10052-021-09484-z

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
FAILING YORK TIMES

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

endocriminologist posted:

FAILING YORK TIMES

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The virgin military industrial complex: *nasal wheenie voice* hnnngh we spent fifteen trillion dollars on a particle accelerator that can make one molecule behave kind of atypically, we think, give us more money please

The chad master of reality: *deep basso profundo* I am accelerating an LPG cylinder to .99 c with my cerebellum to troll air force pilots

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Slavvy posted:

The virgin military industrial complex: *nasal wheenie voice* hnnngh we spent fifteen trillion dollars on a particle accelerator that can make one molecule behave kind of atypically, we think, give us more money please

The chad master of reality: *deep basso profundo* I am accelerating an LPG cylinder to .99 c with my cerebellum to troll air force pilots

lol goddamn

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

all part of the disclosure, sounds like

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Aliens actually decelerate reality instead of themselves

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

but for real that's straight up how we think the UAP work right
am I missing something or is this the big kaboom

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
also where are they claiming this

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

also where are they claiming this

https://twitter.com/LuAngeles/status/1454232469784260611

https://twitter.com/plain_fiction/status/1446213571055009792

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

FAILING YORK TIMES