Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Respect Baker for wanting to get out there and try to win, but homie's beat to poo poo and needs to recover.

IMO he's heading for a Matthew Stafford career if this keeps up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Android Apocalypse posted:

Respect Baker for wanting to get out there and try to win, but homie's beat to poo poo and needs to recover.

IMO he's heading for a Matthew Stafford career if this keeps up.

universally considered to be held back by his team and facing zero scrutiny for his awful performances against good defenses despite being a first overall pick? I think he’d take that career

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

hifi posted:

calling my plug up about game worn socks

not just any socks, JARETT STIDHAM socks. basically the holy grail of used athletic wear

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1466052158919479296

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Finally, a goon in the NFL

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Sick money on the table for announcers.
https://twitter.com/AndrewMarchand/status/1466087274484051976

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
alright I'm just gonna say it. romo is overrated

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Absolutely

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Romo's certainly slipped since he first started. He's falling into the same patterns as so many other announcers: Getting away from the x's and o's that made him standout. Introducing storylines at the beginning of the broadcast and jamming them down our throats all game regardless of their relevance. Talking mostly about the quarterbacks NON loving STOP.

I always wonder if these former players overprepare their first couple of seasons in these types of jobs before realizing how much easier it is just to fall back on cliches and talking about the QBs for like 50% of the game.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Romo has never been good. He also has an absolutely garbage radio voice.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Romo's certainly slipped since he first started. He's falling into the same patterns as so many other announcers: Getting away from the x's and o's that made him standout. Introducing storylines at the beginning of the broadcast and jamming them down our throats all game regardless of their relevance. Talking mostly about the quarterbacks NON loving STOP.

I always wonder if these former players overprepare their first couple of seasons in these types of jobs before realizing how much easier it is just to fall back on cliches and talking about the QBs for like 50% of the game.

yea once he got paid there was no reason to give a poo poo anymore

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The one positive I'll give Collinsworth is that his pregame narratives are often focused on the less glamorous positions. Lots of guards and D-linemen getting the spotlight. Though of course he's not going to let whatever happens in the game change those narratives.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I think this is it, you get too comfy and stop looking at the game like a player. I don't mind talking about QBs - he was a QB, why shouldn't he?

What I want Romo to do is to look at a defense pre snap and tell me what he'd do. Not what he thinks is going to happen, just take me into the mind of a QB right there.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Collinsworth despite having such an irritating son and voice, is not that bad

You know who I can’t stand? Scott Hanson..about two Sundays ago some teams mascot started banging their head against the goalpost after a missed field goal and Hanson drat near lost his mind about how funny and crazy that was, pretty sure every mascot does that multiple times a game

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

On the other hand the Redzone theme should be our new national anthem and Hanson our president

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Collinsworth is the bane of my very soul

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Philip Rivers do color commentary coward

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Tim Whatley posted:

On the other hand the Redzone theme should be our new national anthem and Hanson our president

:hai:

Anyone who doesn’t like RedZone doesn’t truly like (Seven hours of commercial free!) football.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Sour Diesel posted:

yea once he got paid there was no reason to give a poo poo anymore

Ask yourself if you could do your job for 1/10 the effort, would you? Sure, Romo should theoretically enjoy his job 1000x more than computer touchers or laborers, but it's still a job.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Raku posted:

Collinsworth is the bane of my very soul

I would live in a world of Romos before ever taking Collinsworth off mute.

He's a creepy old drunk.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Shinjobi posted:

I would live in a world of Romos before ever taking Collinsworth off mute.

He's a creepy old drunk.

Really? You're not wrong but it's hard to notice when the infinitely creepier and drunker Al Michaels is sitting next to him.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Collinsworth has always come off as so sleazy and awful, add to it old audio of him admitting to going after the youngest girls since they're dumber, and it all kinda culminates in a piece of poo poo who gets the TV muted every Sunday night.

Al Michaels just sounds like a grandpa who gets lost in a rocking chair.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Stealing game worn jersey then selling them as NFTs

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Normally I'd be against that but seeing as it has New England's plays on it...

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
ya'll think its that Romo stopped trying? i always assumed its bc the producers slowly train the broadcasters into saying the blandest poo poo imagineable. they want the largest possible audience and having a former QB diving into the X's and O's every game isn't in line with that.

sad to hear Collinsworth is getting a new deal, please get him off the air already and take Al Michaels, Aikman, and Joe Buck with him.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I heard some of youze talking poo poo about Romo and I’m here to fight ya to back up my Boy.

Give Romo all the money, he is the only color commentary guy worth anything.

Nov 6, 2002

There needs to be greater diversity in color commentators.

Aqib Talib is a breath of fresh air.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Manningcast 4Ever

Nov 6, 2002

Sweet mother of god I would pay like $50/mo if they would provide us with an uncensored audio feed of the field. Forget about the commentators.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Collingsworth is fine when he's not just slobbering all over one of the teams.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction

Relentlessboredomm posted:

ya'll think its that Romo stopped trying? i always assumed its bc the producers slowly train the broadcasters into saying the blandest poo poo imagineable. they want the largest possible audience and having a former QB diving into the X's and O's every game isn't in line with that.

sad to hear Collinsworth is getting a new deal, please get him off the air already and take Al Michaels, Aikman, and Joe Buck with him.
Joe Buck is p good now, but agree on the others.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The Manning cast is pretty good but that’s because I don’t think they are expected to be color commentators.

So it’s mostly just Peyton getting mad at bad football

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Eifert Posting posted:

Collingsworth is fine when he's not just slobbering all over one of the teams.

Buddy, he's always slobbering over something

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

NOW HERE'S A GUY

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

CharlestheHammer posted:

The Manning cast is pretty good but that’s because I don’t think they are expected to be color commentators.

So it’s mostly just Peyton getting mad at bad football

That’s all I want. People honestly watching the game and just shooting the breeze. I barely remember the fantasy football cast on the London game but I remember enjoying the hell out of it.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The playoff game broadcast on Nickelodeon was :discourse: and I won't hear otherwise.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Yeah I think a lot of it is this. It's the same reason quiz shows have 1000 softball questions and a few obscure ones. You appeal to a broader audience by doing the most vanilla poo poo possible because it confirms what they know. You're going to have more people nodding along at home if you say "Derrick Henry runs for lots of yards and he's the key today" than if you were to break down the subtilties of the play calling and schemes.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Yeah that was my understanding as well. Production stepped in.

Didn't we have proof of that in a story a lil while back?

Those first games of Romo were rad. Genuine excitement, calling out pre-snap reads, just doing the dang thing.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

this poo poo is wild to me because no one, literally no one, is watching for the announcers. replace them all and ratings would not budge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
this is an incredible analogy from FO:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/any-given-sunday/2021/are-chargers-holding-herbert-back

quote:

To me, the Chargers offense is a lot like the Dragon Ball Z character Gohan around the time of the Cell Saga. You can see the potential in the offense, but it feels like they're holding back. Limiting Justin Herbert, who showed in his rookie season that he can be an accurate deep-ball passer, to this kind of passing chart is a problem within itself.

For Denver, I think this is what they are: a team that's primarily led by their defense, who has a quarterback that can keep the offense on schedule while making the occasional off-schedule throw. Keeping up the Dragon Ball Z references, they're Krillin. His potential is already at about as high as it'll go, so honing in on technique is where he wins. That's how Denver wins—they out-scheme you defensively and force you into mistakes. Is it sustainable, with Bridgewater at quarterback? I don't think so. At some point you'll need a quarterback who can take the offense to a higher level than Denver is at right now. Currently, Denver is 15th in offensive DVOA, but the offense needs a quarterback who can make the off-schedule throws more consistently than Bridgewater.

denver is way more tenshinhan imo, krillin got lazy once he landed 18