Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Is that Brad dourifs daughter. I want to marry her and be doc Cochran’s son

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
My Deadwood theory is we all want to be Al, afraid we’re Bulloch, happily settle for Cochran, but are all secretly Merrick.

Or idk maybe you’re some loser who doesn’t aspire to be a white alcoholic murderer

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

most posters are Richardson imo. Mods are EB Farnum.

Not me though. Im Al

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4q99MLJ1Sg

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Reservation Dogs is my show of the year unless Joe Pera steals it again

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

why am I like this

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Bluedeanie posted:

why am I like this

Depeche Mode is my #1 for the year, so you're not the only weirdo around here.

OK, that's a bit of an understatement. They're my favorite band ever, and apparently I'm in the top 0.5% of frequent listeners on all of Spotify.

My company announced its plans to go back into the office 2 days a week starting in January. Yeah, I'm going to go with "no" as my answer to that. Sent off nine job applications this morning for 100% remote Cloud Engineer work.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Bluedeanie posted:

why am I like this

P5 soundtrack is godlike and Rivers in the Desert was #5 most played song for me. The Time When Mother Was There is my second fave.

My top bands are all hosed up cause I listened to a lot of the Jon Bois playlist on my PS5 while high and gaming but Ghost and DM were on there as usual.

I've listened to I'm Not A Woman I'm A God by Halsey like ten times today so it's getting a head start for next year.

Kvantum posted:

OK, that's a bit of an understatement. They're my favorite band ever, and apparently I'm in the top 0.5% of frequent listeners on all of Spotify.

I think we did a favorite albums matrix a while ago and there are bunch of devotees on here. Same with NIN.

Saw DM high as fuuuuck a couple years ago in Boston and it was amazing. Helped that the couple next to me got in a fight and left like three songs in and I had three seats to myself.

Critical fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Dec 1, 2021

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Kvantum posted:

My company announced its plans to go back into the office 2 days a week starting in January. Yeah, I'm going to go with "no" as my answer to that. Sent off nine job applications this morning for 100% remote Cloud Engineer work.

I was a top 5% DM listener last year, seems the algorithm thinks they took a hit for me :shrug:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Captain Magic posted:

My Deadwood theory is we all want to be Al, afraid we’re Bulloch, happily settle for Cochran, but are all secretly Merrick.

Or idk maybe you’re some loser who doesn’t aspire to be a white alcoholic murderer

No, no, no.

We aspire to be Dority, fear we're Farnum, will be happy if we end up being Ellsworth, and at our worst we're Stapleton.

Also Bullock is Jerry, Utter is George, Alma is Elaine, and Calamity Jane is Kramer.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Hey jerry

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

As far as cowboys go I have been Brisco County, Jr. since I was seven.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

[emerging from a cocoon that formed him into a purestrain suburban dad] there are two different versions of thunder road in my top five most played songs list

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

I Before E posted:

No, no, no.

We aspire to be Dority, fear we're Farnum, will be happy if we end up being Ellsworth, and at our worst we're Stapleton.

Also Bullock is Jerry, Utter is George, Alma is Elaine, and Calamity Jane is Kramer.

well that’s one in a row for you, Wild I Before E

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

My brother told me I’ll be an uncle in May. Crayz

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I’m the guy that got consumption and just kept going “I apologize!!! I apologize!!!” Over and over.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

They should put Kramer in Succession.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

listened to a bunch of Phillip Glass while jamming through SMT Strange Journey. the DLC includes some ridiculous powerups so my dudes are like 20 levels higher with maxed out stats. Demons mostly surrender upon encountering me.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Captain Magic posted:

I want to be Ellsworth, used to try to be Al, but was mostly Farnum with a brief period spent as Calamity Jane.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I love the Yakuza series

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1466074595279048706?t=MX-C55MJ_8L0gj6oyLVm7A&s=19

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I love hearing modern babygay stories, they give me hope and validate the years of the community clawing it's way forward. Babygays are our collective future and must be defended at all costs.
Every time some bitter old queen rages at how much easier queer kids have it now than they did, I'm like, "WHAT ON EARTH WERE YOU FIGHTING FOR?!"

That DICK! posted:

most posters are Richardson imo. Mods are EB Farnum.
I'm the preacher who makes everybody feel judged, uncomfortable, and annoyed.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

when i went to see ghostbusters the other week I saw my best friend and her two daughters, who i've known since they were knee high to a duck, for more than five minutes for the first time since covid started. the older one (14) casually mentioned her girlfriend and the younger one (11) told me how cute phoebe was.

So I talked to my friend today and clarified since a. I like to gently give them poo poo and don't want to mention a boyfriend or something and make them uncomfortable and b. this thread reminded me of it. she confirmed the little one is bi and the older one doesn't like guys at all but is still figuring her poo poo out.

I made a joke about how they just threw it out there, and she said "they didn't have to make a big deal out of it because they know you love them no matter what. they havent even told their father yet."

that's easily one of the biggest compliments i've ever received and I'm absolutely spoiling the gently caress out of them on christmas since they've had a rough year and i have no kids of my own to buy for

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

LividLiquid posted:

Every time some bitter old queen rages at how much easier queer kids have it now than they did, I'm like, "WHAT ON EARTH WERE YOU FIGHTING FOR?!"

It's an odd mindset, like I've been hospitalized fighting for the community, and I don't begrudge babygays an ounce of how easy they have it. You're goddamn right they have it easy and they'll continue to have it easy and if anyone's got a problem with that then look out here comes me Giant Hooting Angry Gorilla Man to sort things out.

Critical posted:

when i went to see ghostbusters the other week I saw my best friend and her two daughters, who i've known since they were knee high to a duck, for more than five minutes for the first time since covid started. the older one (14) casually mentioned her girlfriend and the younger one (11) told me how cute phoebe was.

So I talked to my friend today and clarified since a. I like to gently give them poo poo and don't want to mention a boyfriend or something and make them uncomfortable and b. this thread reminded me of it. she confirmed the little one is bi and the older one doesn't like guys at all but is still figuring her poo poo out.

I made a joke about how they just threw it out there, and she said "they didn't have to make a big deal out of it because they know you love them no matter what. they havent even told their father yet."

that's easily one of the biggest compliments i've ever received and I'm absolutely spoiling the gently caress out of them on christmas since they've had a rough year and i have no kids of my own to buy for

Dang, big time wholesomeness itt this week, love to see it.

I saw the Ghostbusters movie and it was...idk, fine? I've never been real attached to the franchise but it was entertaining enough. Funny that the Stranger Things kid has gotten paid to cosplay as a Ghostbuster multiple times now

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

LividLiquid posted:

so things could be easier for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

LividLiquid posted:

I'm the preacher who makes everybody feel judged, uncomfortable, and annoyed.

checks out. and by estimation LL ur at the stage where you're out there standing in the thoroughfare, checking out the horse's cock, muttering about circumcision.

there's no pain where you're grin brother

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

im just kidding. you're fine, and i'm not gonna murder you

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

coincidentally on the subject of wrestling and the unfortunate reverend smith i have an old dear friend who i pretty much only hear from these days at 3 a.m., where he'll send 19 paragraph long messages about a 1996 nitro that sucked. he doesn't even really like wrestling but the monday night war period is like the only thing on the earth he talks about these days so i sent him this back once. idk. maybe you had to be there. funny to me

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't talk about wrestling in here. but goldberg vs hogan didn't even hurt wcw and was probably the only mainstream touchstone event that the company ever had. even the outsiders showing up and hogan turning weren't culturally impactful all that much because it took that stuff happening for wcw to actually compete. the bash at the beach after hogan/goldberg was their best selling ppv of the year by almost double. if they would have kept it a one time thing it would have probably been good. don't discuss wrestling in this thread

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urqiqjp4SMc

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

how you doing Cavvy

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Cavauro posted:

don't talk about wrestling in here. but goldberg vs hogan didn't even hurt wcw and was probably the only mainstream touchstone event that the company ever had. even the outsiders showing up and hogan turning weren't culturally impactful all that much because it took that stuff happening for wcw to actually compete. the bash at the beach after hogan/goldberg was their best selling ppv of the year by almost double. if they would have kept it a one time thing it would have probably been good. don't discuss wrestling in this thread

Nope, you broke the gimmick. Not mentioning Rodman, Leno or Arquette belies your false pretense.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

That DICK! posted:

coincidentally on the subject of wrestling and the unfortunate reverend smith i have an old dear friend who i pretty much only hear from these days at 3 a.m., where he'll send 19 paragraph long messages about a 1996 nitro that sucked. he doesn't even really like wrestling but the monday night war period is like the only thing on the earth he talks about these days so i sent him this back once. idk. maybe you had to be there. funny to me

God now I'm remembering the dynamic between the Reverend and Al and I want to throw on the entire first season again.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

That DICK! posted:

how you doing Cavvy

the user goes to another school, but there is someone named cavvy and i'm not allowed to be called that. their full name is a patagonian cavvy. we're both orange and "whacky" so watch ouit

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I Before E posted:

God now I'm remembering the dynamic between the Reverend and Al and I want to throw on the entire first season again.

there's a few scenes that have really stayed with me i watch them anytime i've needed a kick in the rear end like when i need a reminder about the subtleties of human kindness https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG3QLIesK_I

or feeling sorry for myself https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2Q7YRDL90E

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

This one is my favorite.

https://youtu.be/W8Pp2S1a4eo

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I've never watched Deadwood but I have HBO Max. I should rectify this

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

That DICK! posted:

there's a few scenes that have really stayed with me i watch them anytime i've needed a kick in the rear end like when i need a reminder about the subtleties of human kindness https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG3QLIesK_I

or feeling sorry for myself https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2Q7YRDL90E

That's some good poo poo

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Shard posted:

I've never watched Deadwood but I have HBO Max. I should rectify this

it's good, you'll like it

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I wish I could find it online but Ray McKinnon who played the preacher in Deadwood made a short film with Walton Goggins called The Accountant (not our TNT favorite) that’s amazing. They won an Oscar for best short film and the Drive-By Truckers wrote a song called Sinkhole based on it. If you can track it down it’s worth the 20 minutes.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

The slander. Ben Affleck will always be MY accountant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://youtu.be/cOgo0N62ByM