Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
I switched away, NC State somehow turned it around and got it to overtime. No one has scored at almost 3 minutes in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Unexpected recovery, usually they fumble it here but we’ll see.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

That block owned

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

I really hope Nebraska Basketball copies their football team and spends the entire season losing 1 possession games. They both started the season by losing to bad teams from Illinois.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Hahaha

3OT

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

4OT lmao

I have no idea why they keep taking threes

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
ok well that was something though I am trying to bear in mind here that Nebraska is pretty terrible

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

NC State wins it, if the Heels hold on the state of North Carolina will be 3-1 in the Challenge this year.

Michigan in trouble, Dickenson has had 4 fouls since 18:27 in the 2nd half.

Internet Savant
Feb 14, 2008
20% Off Coupon for 15 dollars per month - sign me up!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Starting to think Memphis might not be that good.

Ole Miss, Tennessee, and Alabama are seeing blood in the water. Just need to copy whatever Iowa state and Georgia did. It's going to be a rough season 😬

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

BYU barely hanging on against Utah Valley right now.

E: losing now

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

PotatoJudge posted:

Michigan in trouble, Dickenson has had 4 fouls since 18:27 in the 2nd half.

The general story of Michigan (early) is that they have maybe one shooter, tops. Year 1/2 teams ran because there were always 2-3 shooters on the floor at a minimum, and sometimes four. So all teams have to do is crowd the paint, sag off a bad shooter, and double/triple Hunter when he gets the ball. Hunter isn't working as a stretch-5 (the off-season shooting videos were fake). The non-Diabate newbies also kinda suck when they were projected to be drastically better.

Howard tried a two-big lineup to find Other Ways To Score and that kinda worked until Hunter caught his 4th. And that only sortakinda worked when only one of the three was a reliable shooter (but Brooks was bricking). Hunter might not actually be Very Good if he's not surrounded by shooters.

FOOTBALL SCHOOL AGAIN

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Lol the Big Ten. Purdue is gonna roll these fuckers.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

We’ll Utah Valley should have put BYU in regulation but they did it in OT.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Bird in a Blender posted:

We’ll Utah Valley should have put BYU in regulation but they did it in OT.

Coached by Mark Madsen of all people

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
The Maryland student section staying after the game yelling "Fire Turgeon".

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Oklahoma looked good against Florida. Lon Kruger had a great speech and LNC looked as full as I've ever seen.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
cuonzo martin certainly in his last year as coach of missouri, down 31-7 against liberty!

edit: 33-7 with 3:54 left in the first. should honestly fire him after this game but we don't have rich enough boosters to afford the payout

Mike_V fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Dec 3, 2021

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
kansas is going to beat missouri by 50 with its walkons playing. that whooping should require, by law, kansas to play mizzou in football to even it out

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
It's incredible how far Cuonzo has fallen. Always thought Painter would take some other job and Cuonzo would come back and we'd be better for it, and now all I want is for Painter to stay forever.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Poque posted:

It's incredible how far Cuonzo has fallen. Always thought Painter would take some other job and Cuonzo would come back and we'd be better for it, and now all I want is for Painter to stay forever.

Was he ever any good?

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Regnevelc posted:

Was he ever any good?

Too lazy to look, but I'm pretty sure he was good at Tennessee, and one of the things blamed for the post-Baby Boilers downturn was losing him as a recruiter.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

So rather than working, I looked it up.

He got Missouri St into the top 25, but never the tournament. He won one of the lesser March tournaments, a regular season MVC title when they still had Creighton, but lost the conference tournament championship and ended up a 2nd round NIT team.

He replaced Pearl at Tennessee and had 2 more NITs and a Sweet 16.

At Cal he had at least one big recruiting class, missed the post season his first year, lost first round his 2nd, and NIT 1st round his third. Left for Mizzou after that.

So overall, not great, especially with the talent he brought in.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/ContextFreeCBB/status/1466966495435571204

AND PITT LOST

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Dec 4, 2021

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

UVA really scraping to beat a truly terrible Pitt team

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Get your poo poo together Purdue

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Zach Edey is cool and all but Williams is just a much better player.

Purdue gonna be #1 :cool:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Trevion's team first attitude is really, really impressive

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

PotatoJudge posted:

So rather than working, I looked it up.

He got Missouri St into the top 25, but never the tournament. He won one of the lesser March tournaments, a regular season MVC title when they still had Creighton, but lost the conference tournament championship and ended up a 2nd round NIT team.

He replaced Pearl at Tennessee and had 2 more NITs and a Sweet 16.

At Cal he had at least one big recruiting class, missed the post season his first year, lost first round his 2nd, and NIT 1st round his third. Left for Mizzou after that.

So overall, not great, especially with the talent he brought in.

Yeah. That is kinda what I remembered.

Good recruiter… lovely coach.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/IanCGraham/status/1467216424192163846?t=ZJ0J-Edt2pLRpFMOlkTnng&s=19

Frankie running around like a jackrabbit on speed should probably make him the starting point guard going forward. SDSU is a top-10 defense and they're getting carved up late by a Diabate-less (sick) Michigan.

(Also hunter is 3/3 from 3 so lol)

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/IanCGraham/status/1467216424192163846?t=ZJ0J-Edt2pLRpFMOlkTnng&s=19

Frankie running around like a jackrabbit on speed should probably make him the starting point guard going forward. SDSU is a top-10 defense and they're getting carved up late by a Diabate-less (sick) Michigan.

(Also hunter is 3/3 from 3 so lol)

Jones is another Jaaron Simmons it looks like.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

NC State came back from 12 down at the half against Louisville to take a 4-point lead with 3 minutes left and I was disturbingly close to believing in them but fortunately they just tossed up absolute garbage shots from there and lost without scoring any more points

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Regnevelc posted:

Jones is another Jaaron Simmons it looks like.

He just doesn't have "it", the offense always seems stuck in mud and he commits the dumbest fouls possible.

Then Frankie hits the floor and he's running all the gently caress over, trying to dunk over two dudes (lol - but I thought he got fouled), and going for a baseline jumping between-the-legs pass to a cutter (and hit his leg instead, but got fouled). poo poo just looked fun again when he was on the court and that's probably repeatable on a wore-shooting day.

https://twitter.com/loudlong/status/1467220199220805634

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Dec 4, 2021

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

13 minutes in to this ISU-Creighton game and 21 total points have been scored. Not setting any records tonight.

E: tied at 23 at the half. I’m sure one of these teams will break 50.

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Dec 5, 2021

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Thought the illini were going to get run out of the building, real impressive to turn it around like that

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Iowa's press is such a pain in the rear end.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I have never seen a worse shooting game than Tennessee has right now

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Tennessee hasn’t scored in 9 minutes lmao

gently caress me for watching this

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost