Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Da_Boyz
Jul 4, 2021

Black August posted:

「Deadwalk」
This ability can only be used by the Tyrant.
Ah crap, I guess the Tyrant was right. They were going to walk by the end of this. Well we were already disassociating and high on shrooms/drugs/blood but this really is not going to be pleasant for Bleeder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

BLOOD'S ANXIETY: [ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][̴̡̕̕͞1͢͞͡4̸͝͏0͢%̴̛] [Disquiet] [Dysphoria]

You collapse on the 8th marble step, dry heaving as your body gives to fever. You're back down there again, inside that incredible world that existed only for the most true burnout. The very act of walking is an evil saga you want buried in your sands of time. Sweat and hiccup, snot and tears, breathing made difficult from lungs weighed down by the sheer number of parasites devoted to mending your destroyed heart.

But you're grinning. You WON. gently caress YOU. A nightmare came to life and tried to convince you that you were still... like before. That you're not a Lord in your own Megalith, that, that even without your suit and nothing but t͘hi̛s̡ a͡wful f͏u̧ckin̶g ҉b͟ơd̡y ͟I ͞c̛a͞n't͡ ̢lo̸ǫk̛ ͜a̡t it̴ G҉od̡ ̷st͢op͏ m͘akin̷g me ̴t͞hi̛n͡k͝ a̵b̸out ͢it̛. gently caress you. gently caress you. You win.

It's okay now. You proved why the Island loves you now. You're going to crawl up the stairs and vomit every time you remember you're naked now. Then you'll sleep.

You lean down and drool bile onto the stone, shivering. Sick scared with lonely. Why is it so dark?

When you reach up the 8th flight to crawl-climb, you touch something strange; it's the shield wrapped in silk they threw down before. Your half-sanity lapses into trance while you gently unwrap the crest, marveling at its oil stains and the weirdly familiar quality of the silky shroud. It almost smells Lordly... it feels warm, too warm for how burning hot with bloodmend you are. You try to take the shield with you but realize you're not strong enough too late; it slides from your weak grip and tumbles down the stairs, spinning and singing when it bounces off the bloodied stone.

Your lazy eyes trace it fall down into the shadow of the blood pool below. It rolls and slides to a stop near the corpse of th-

BLOOD'S ANXIETY: [ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][̴̡̕̕1҉̶͜60͘%͟] [Disassociated] [Disquiet] [Dysphoria]

The body is gone.

Your sight films over with glass again. Where. Where?! Look away from the dark places and try to see movement out of the corner of your eye and- THERE! Moving... moving with something worse than confidence. Striding. Loose, as though they hadn't been hurt at all. The shadows are gathering like heaps of cloud-cloth and you gag when your heart begins to thunder too fast for the parasites to keep it still. Walking towards you! You look up the stairs at the mile ahead of you, and the world shrinks to a black tunnel that forces your lungs to contract, the scream so so soft and quiet under your stolen breath. Run. Run. Run. Run. Run. Run. RUN.

(T̢҉ Y̧҉ ͞R̸̵ ͘͝͏A̢ ̵͞͠N͠͏̛ ҉͠͡T̢) ̶̷̀͘͟ ̡̢̛͘͜ ̸͟͟ ҉̵ ̧͠͡ ͜ ̧ ̷͘ ̴̶̡ ͝ ̀ ̸̛́ ͜ ͠͠ ̴҉ ͜҉ ̧ ̀͠ ͜ ̴ ̴ ̷̛ ̶ ́͡͡ ̕͡ ̷ ̀ ̛͘͘ ̷ ̕ ̸͡ ̵ ̸̢̧ ̵ ̸͡ ̢ ̵ ̀̀͟ ́ ̸̕ŚUC͜C͟͡͡ES̀͢S͜ ͢ ͟ ͜͢ ̧̀͘ ̀ ̨͘ ͡ ̵ ̧͡ ̛̕ ͏̸

You understand, at last, the mistake you've made. You thought yourself LORD, a world weathering the great fiery dark of a meteor striking to End.

You're not.

The second you first saw them in the swamp, you were already past the event horizon. You had already seen the final dark. You've been circling in ever since, dissolving away, a planet pulled by ultimate current.

You can FEEL their fist clench closed. The one you hurt so bad. You feel the gravity, God-mighty-awful, watch it tear down your Megalith around you. The stairs shatter, and escape is gone. The great bonesong cathedrals explode, with one final scream. Goldrust fountains and softwood shrines ring bell in death. Your stairs split clean, leaning carefully down into the deep broken-open bowels of the holy place, sending you to tumble into shallow channels of viscous ichor among depleted blood pools. You stand with the final return of adrenaline, still unable to force out the scream locked in your lungs. You can feel it. You can feel it approaching you. It knows. IT KNOWS!

You're running. You look back. No God no there there right THERE, can you see it?! There was an eye, oh it's opened too wide now and it SEES. You're turning a corner, slipping on blood, your sword a wild running-stick to keep you limping upright. It's still there, oh it's right THERE in the dark, always there in the shadows! Do you see that?! Standing at an intersection, dripping fluid and spitting flecks of dead organ, and you look down one twisted black passage and it's walking right at you, oh so fast it's marching for you and you twist to escape down a different hall but no, no, it's there still somehow right there walking to you!

The scream finally comes when the ground shifts, and you're blinded by a flood of light. Light... Sunlight! You run for it; no matter what darkness you face towards, it's going to be there coming for you. Even if it's going to burn suicide, light will give you a chance. So you run. Run for the bight corridor, begging for passage through to holy deliverance. Please God. You're limping much too slow and you look back again an-

BLOOD'S ANXIETY: [ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][̴̕1̀͢8̧͢0̴̧%͏͏] [HELP]

Like a glove. Like a glove. Like a glove. Like a glove. like a glove like a glove like a glove likeaglovelikeaglovelikeaglovelikeaglovelikeaglovelikeaglovelikeaglovelikeaglovelikeaglovelikeaglovelikeaglovelikeaglovelikeaglovelikeaglovelikeaglovelikeaglove

IT'S OPENING AND THERE ARE SEVEN SCARS YAWNING FROM ITS HEART

run run run slip fall scream scramble run get the sword run run it's still approaching run run the light is so so far away please so far please let it burn you holy alive let it set you free please please you have to die in the light you just know it the nightmare is at its end and if you DON'T DIE IN THE LIGHT THE MONSTER IS GOING TO DO SOMETHING WORSE PLEASE PLEASE another fall another scream hit your head control it Bleeder control it

stand up grab the wall pick up speed don't look back why did you look back RIGHT THERE IN THE DARK IT'S BEEN WAITING THERE FOR ALL YOUR LIVES FOR THIS MOMENT don't let it see you cry don't let it hear you begging God you can't help it it's happening, you're sinning, you're forgetting the Island and what it demanded and it all comes flooding back and please please please "TINA!!! TIIIINNNAAAAAAAA!!!" she's not here where is she WHERE IT'S GOING TO GET YOU WHERE IS EVERYONE, WHERE ARE THE CAR KEYS, WHERE IS "MARY?! MARY PLEASE! I CAN'T..." don't let it hear you cry. Don't. The monster knows everything now and it's going to ruin everything, the holy promise is going to be eaten up and shat out like slime and they're all going to die and you're slowing down the gravity is pulling

you

down

(T̢҉ Y̧҉ ͞R̸̵ ͘͝͏A̢ ̵͞͠N͠͏̛ ҉͠͡T̢) ̶̷̀͘͟ ̡̢̛͘͜ ̸͟͟ ҉̵ ̧͠͡ ͜ ̧ ̷͘ ̴̶̡ ͝ ̀ ̸̛́ ͜ ͠͠ ̴҉ ͜҉ ̧ ̀͠ ͜ ̴ ̴ ̷̛ ̶ ́͡͡ ̕͡ ̷ ̀ ̛͘͘ ̷ ̕ ̸͡ ̵ ̸̢̧ ̵ ̸͡ ̢ ̵ ̀̀͟ ́ ̸̕ŚUC͜C͟͡͡ES̀͢S͜ ͢ ͟ ͜͢ ̧̀͘ ̀ ̨͘ ͡ ̵ ̧͡ ̛̕ ͏̸

Dead End.

The terminus is lit so bright. The gravity destroyed all escapes, but it left open one window to Heaven. You crawl towards it, and you know that it could already catch you, but it's going to let you crawl. Let you scream names nobody is going to hear. Let you babble prayer to that which hurt you, made you powerful, and now has abandoned you. Your skeletal body grows bright and offcolored when you crawl at last into the light. Like diving into a body of water just below boiling. The parasites go mad, forcing themselves deeper inside to try to escape, your skin a living lake of their horror-motions.

Oh. You can see clearly now. You press your bare back to the cold stone wall, withering under the pourdown light. It feels so clean. You sit, and your heart begins to burst apart as you're forced aware of the fact that the light is slowly fading as the Megalith sinks and twists away from the saving rays.

BLOOD'S ANXIETY: [ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][ 🌴 ][2̵͞0̢0̷͟%̡͏̵] [im. going. to. die.]

It's there, walking at you from the end of the longdark hall. Finality. Singularity. Unfolding and open and shambling and predator-pacing. Seven great voids. One belongs to you. You're not coming back from that place. You're not able to stop your body now. You're clawing at the walls. Screaming their lost names. Throwing your sword so weak all it can do is tip over. Ripping parasites out of your skin to cast at their feet. Pulling your hair. Ripping open skin in prayer the keys will somehow be there. Every final second drank up with unthinking gluttony. Not like this. Not like this. Anything but this. Anythi

THE END.

IT HATES YOU.

TIME TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DIE IN HELL, BLEEDER.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Ah. I was concerned by a certain addition to our character sheet.

「 」 posted:

There are many Forbidden Techniques. There are only a few Unforgivable ones.

Now? Now we get to see what it is.
Declined to vote. Will it help? Doubtful.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

What doesn’t kill you makes you stranger. And now…now I’m scared of what we’re becoming thanks to the things we’ve survived.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Dark Red posted:

https://i.imgur.com/uxa6JhR.mp4
The music fades into warm nonsense thunder.

You're sitting next to a wall half-awake, near one of the refreshment tables. There's a hundred of them in this house alone, and this one is untouched and out of the way. You can vegetate here, and avoid talking to anyone while you nurse a weird gold syrupy punch with a vile kick. Looking up from a shot reveals the great vaulted wood ceiling, opened with hundreds of glass rainslits. Lights pass in and out of them in starlight themes, adding to the paradisaical haunt of the first night.

Oh, great. You're no longer alone. She was... one of those weird insecty elfy people. You tense up when you catch her eyes; she is HOTLOADED going by the mess of her appearance. She waves awkwardly and shouts something over the music, lowering her voice when she realizes it's not nearly as loud here.

"Hhhhhhh, hhhhhhhi! Is this, your place? Is this okay? Do you want this place?"

She sniffs and scratches herself, fidgeting with a drink she's mostly spilled onto her... some kind of outdoors work-robe? It's a funny contrast to the misdone makeup and mussed hair. You wave a hand lazy and shrug.

"No. No uh, I'm just resting. You can be here."

She looks relieved, checking with paranoia if anyone else was coming down the side-stairs to the hidden room. They were alone, which seemed to give her confidence to start chatterboxing. "Lisshhen, I get it. Wallflower, me too, meeeee too I'm, I haven't done this really. But I'm doing it for the first time because I'm on STUFF! Did they give you STUFF?"

You actually laugh. Oh, no. She's first-timing in all of this? You nod and drink a little faster, feeling the mutual unease of needing a lot of hardwash to get anywhere near a socially-average level. You can't even begin to imagine what she's on with all that's on open offer.

"Yeah. I got Stuff. I don't trust anyone to want to use anything. Maybe another night."

Maybe when you don't feel so sick you could hide for days. You try to gussy up another drink and some snacks so you can exit, but she's blocking the way out. She's started a weird little hip-gyration, confusing herself as her drugged body fights against her whirlpooled brain to make her dance. She seems to fall into it when she locks eyes with you, bewildered exhilaration in her discolored sclera before she twists her motions into open arms for you.

You think about it for a second. She isn't really scary. You feel worried if anything. One more shot goes into your already weak stomach, and you stand up to smile and take her arms in her wild little sway-motion. She smiles back as if she just figured out some secret she'd been left out of, and you let her lose herself in the beat high while keeping her from smashing the table over. The question comes when she collapses onto your shoulder. What a strange smell. Pleasant, mixed with floral. It calms you as she slurs out "Sssm, mmmay, let me ask you, uh, can I ask you about it? You're a Wake Up, right?"

It's surprisingly easy for you to keep her in an embraced slow-dance while you think about her question. Wake Up? Like, that this is your second life after dying? You nod at her, and she gets all riled up with intense focus. "Ohhhhh! Right right, is it the same name? Do you use that name?" Oh. Right. Your... name. You shrug, and tell her because you want to share secrets with this obliviously nervous woman. "I'm Jezebel."

She thinks on the name, and nods as if that was just the obvious answer. Her faster sway returns with the song's peak, holding your hands as she regards you with the deathly-serious of compromised judgment. "You, you, Jez- are you gonna be the same?" That one gets you to pull her down to sitting, which she does with almost aggressive agreement. She holds your shoulders and you say "What do you mean the same?"

"Thissis the new life, right? You, you can pick stuff here, they allow that here if you need that! Like you you Jezebel, what do I call you? Whatuh, wh, did you pick?"

You're glad she's as first-far gone as she is. The question crawls knives around your skin as you just sit and THINK about what that means. She doesn't notice you just staring at her for a solid minute, her eyes lidded and head rolling to the song. You speak with none of your lazy hide, playing with one of her hands in anxiety.

"I guess- I mean I guess if people... like you, if you want you can use sh-"

You short stop and throw up your hands with all the honest force that liquor and a proper party-confessor can draw out of you.

"No. I don't know yet. I don't have an answer."

She doesn't even blink. She nods googly-eyed, agreeing with a "Most don't!"

Something speaks up inside of you that never has before. You grab her hand, grab a drink, and pull her away. "Let's go wallflower outside in case either of us puke. Maybe I'll try some Stuff."

The robed sylvan laughs excited. She needs a trip-sitter. You need someone you can bounce overwhelming questions off of while you get shitfaced.

You'll deal with the internal damage in the morning.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
At this point I'm just along for the ride. Being gravity superpowered Micheal Myers is pretty fun.

Grond
Mar 31, 2016
Mmmmmnope, drawing a blank for that last one as well. I have no idea who these people are. Well, Dancer was a Sylvan as well, and she's certainly no stranger to being drugged out of her mind, so the Sylvan may be Dancer, yeah. Which makes the narrator possibly Burner? Maybe Bleeder? Or not.

I also don't know the nature of the choice they're talking about.

Also...

Black August posted:

A dead biology has to remember. It HAS to remember strongly enough to believe it was alive again.

(Bubbleblood II) 13(+14) [3]+[4]+[3] = 10 - Success (by 17)!

(But is it enough to live...) 2d+20 [1]+[2] = 23 HP Healed!

HP: [ -8? / 19? ] (Yellow Island Magics wore off!)

[DEADWALK SUCCESSFUL BY 1 HP]

Why did Bubbleblood II heal here by 2d+20? Wasn't our MoS 17 when we cast?

And, uh, poor Bleeder man. What a poo poo way to go.

Grond fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Nov 30, 2021

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Grond posted:

Mmmmmnope, drawing a blank for that last one as well. I have no idea who these people are. Well, Dancer was a Sylvan as well, and she's certainly no stranger to being drugged out of her mind, so the sylvan may be Dancer, yeah. Which makes the narrator possibly Burner? Or not.

I also don't know the nature of the choice they're talking about.

Also...

Why did Bubbleblood II heal here by 2d+20? wasn't our MoS 17 when we cast?

Ah, nuts, yeah, I think I messed up the addition. I think I double added something? Ah well, call it even as a bonus since the Voorish Sign was a soft-crit with a 6 on 20.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Clearly it was just the corruption affecting the game's math logic. Yup.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

think it's great, don't you? He loves all the rescue wolves. With the symbiosis complete, he

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
So the timelines appear to be diverging more, with Bleeder alive in Holy End and...well, man, I hope he's not alive in the Dark End. Or is it even the Dark End anymore? I also want to hug him and give him pancakes, poor thing.

Da_Boyz
Jul 4, 2021
Interesting snapshot from the Holy End there, and wasn't red text used by the "RPer" who gave advice earlier?

Grond
Mar 31, 2016
According to the Character Sheet he's still alive... Maybe? But his soul was eaten.

The implication from earlier posts was that his corpse would return to haunt us throughout the rest of the run, so it remains to be seen how/if we'll encounter the guy again.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

You push yourself to stand up.

Shirt comes off. Hand is pressed to the fire in your heart. Seven holy wounds for seven holy Lords. One of those wounds is scarred over now, in perfect sanguine-red.

You assess.

Quest Log posted:

Slay The 7th Lord
'The Bloody Megalith squats shamefully inside a dark mountain corner. Bonesong cathedral, bloodstained gold, sopping wet with the humidity of biology.'

During this Quest...

* You told the Plutos that It'll Be OK.
* You had a trillion-dollar burger!
* You earned the respect of an Ogre Knight.
* You marked the mural with your hand.
* You showed Paprika your Ticket to Paradise.
* You realized the cost of your promise to Blue.
* You didn't mess with 76.

҉

* You got caught by MC&D, and were assigned an IOI#!

* You identified as a Tourist.
* MC&D is now aware of you...
* ...and they want you back in containment.
* You crippled Merkja.
* You were crowned with the full of your Tyranny.
* Kaigen has become aware of you.
* You followed Kobold, to deal and price.
* You learned one of the Diamond Spells.
* The Werewolf and the Ogre Kings are aware of your value to MC&D.
* The mushrooms discovered how to broadcast and receive PSI.
* You found the Oilstained Shield.
* You walked in the Parade.
* Deimos is PISSED OFF at you.
* You were blessed dark by Momma Logon.
* You saw a movie about vampires.
* You collapsed the Unliving Theater!
* You injected something from Paradise~!
* You survived a Wonderful Night.
* You conquered the Bloody Megalith.
* You survived 1 Dark Intervention.
* You were corrupted with the Lordly Malfeasance, 'Bloody Parasite'
* You took the soul of Bleeder, the Seventh Lord of the Island, as promised to Śmiercią.

[+Level Up!]

Tyrant has graduated from 'Apprentice' to 'Adept'
Psychic has graduated from 'Apprentice' to 'Adept'
has graduated from '' to ''
has

Sheet Minor Details Updated.

Arc Over!

All Considered - Victory.

OST: Victory

THE TWENTY-SECOND DAY
FIRST LORD IS SLAIN
ANXIETY: [...]
HP: [ -11 / 21 ]
FP: [ 1 / 15 ]

You're atop the final pillar stable in all the Megalith, formed from the sweating stone you birthed yourself from. The superstructure is fallen, broken open from apex to base, crumbled down into an endless sea of red and bone flooding the Rainforest Concordance beyond.

Through the narrow mountains in just this moment dawning, the sky is clear of cloud to allow the Sun to witness your victory over a Lord. It's windy cold, Red's shroud held to your searing chest.

You raise your fist to the sky.

...you pretend they're there for you, all clapping for their Camp Champ...

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

We have one charge for the suitifier. Let's use it on the Moloch Buster! :v:

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

You have conquered the Bloody Megalith, and succeeded the second arc. Six Lords remain. Later tonight will update with the attempts to get back to the Hideout while legally dead, and tallying up all the changes this quest has brought. This includes Tyrant and Psychic growing in power with the fall of the Megalith, teaching them「Vehemence」and 「β」which will be added after votes on their style of operation. The Suitifier has another charge now. Your first corruption, and a Lordly one at that, has the rare and difficult modifier of 'Enslaved', which severely limits its ability to exert control over you unless you intentionally use its powers. More details to follow after my work shift.

Thank you for your participation during this year, everyone! I feel comfortable enough now after having lost my last job that I'd really like to get this update rate back up to the pace it was at this time last year.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

quote:

* Deimos is PISSED OFF at you.

Good.

And I won't lie, I was seriously expecting the Tyrant to off Bleeder by the end there. I'm kind of happy the little shitstain survived. I wonder if we can suitify the suitifier. I don't want to do it now, but it may be worth thinking abkht down the line.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
I'm not sure being alive but having your soul eaten is a particularly good outcome.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

As i recall, according to rules of LP it's not foreboden to have a patreon link in OP.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Huh. Was our Shadow flaws description always like that?

quote:

Doomed? x2 damage from Light.
Could of sworn it was a . instead of a ? last time I checked.
Maybe, just maybe, something changed? Hmm...

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
There's a few minor changes present but I'm not sure exactly which.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Arcanuse posted:

Huh. Was our Shadow flaws description always like that?

Could of sworn it was a . instead of a ? last time I checked.
Maybe, just maybe, something changed? Hmm...

I mean, we do also have the hand sign of the sun? as part of our repetoir. I can totally see someone going "gently caress if I know what counts anymore"

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
I was going to say that yeah, Bleeder's probably gotten something worse than dying, but according to the character sheet he's had his first soul eaten. Huh.

He also...doesn't...maybe...the relationship panel is blank. I hope he's okay but I don't think anyone is okay.

Have I mentioned how much I love this? Because holy poo poo, I love this. Black August, you are incredible and I really wish I could find your other stuff because this is so, so good.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

t3isukone posted:

I was going to say that yeah, Bleeder's probably gotten something worse than dying, but according to the character sheet he's had his first soul eaten. Huh.

He also...doesn't...maybe...the relationship panel is blank. I hope he's okay but I don't think anyone is okay.

Have I mentioned how much I love this? Because holy poo poo, I love this. Black August, you are incredible and I really wish I could find your other stuff because this is so, so good.
It does seem like whatever we did here allowed him to have a different, happier end in another timeline, which might be... the ultimate goal?

Also I do kinda want to turn the Moloch Blaster into a suit, but I kinda wonder if we could use Kurczerwony and still keep the blessing it seems to impart...

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
I'd be interested in turning our weird Congregation ore into a suit. Didn't even consider the Moloch Buster.

Not sure what to think of that...

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

I genuinely think a Moloch Buster suit would be too powerful for us to wear, I just also think it'd be funny. Don't take my advice. We probably shouldn't destroy one of Red's weapons if we want to stay friendly with her.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I am sorry to say that in its current form, you’d end up with a Moloch Buster [Sealed] quality suit!

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Black August posted:

I am sorry to say that in its current form, you’d end up with a Moloch Buster [Sealed] quality suit!
Ah, so just a lead suit you can't move around in, or something. The suitifier is good, but it's not sequence-breaking good.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Regallion posted:

As i recall, according to rules of LP it's not foreboden to have a patreon link in OP.

While that kind of confidence is reassuring, I wouldn't feel right having a Patreon with this as my only work to show for it right now, especially since it functions off of a lot of internet assets and music. I might look into setting one up for my writing group at the end of this though, or at some point a year/two ahead when there are other written works to share as the basis for any donations.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

t3isukone posted:

I really wish I could find your other stuff because this is so, so good.

I'm sorry, but I don't really have anything that's online outside of some very old RPG games and fics from a decade+ ago. You could maybe find the 2004 Metroid game I played in somewhere in archives still, but that's 2004 and not great.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here

t3isukone posted:

Rather than his first soul eaten, I'm taking that to mean that his soul was the first one we got. So judging from the blue book, we'll probably encounter him as a shambling soulless corpse hunting us. Fun!
Also, his ALIVE status has one letter greyed out, but just one. Curious.

Razakai fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Dec 1, 2021

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Razakai posted:

Rather than his first soul eaten, I'm taking that to mean that his soul was the first one we got. So judging from the blue book, we'll probably encounter him as a shambling soulless corpse hunting us. Fun!
Also, his ALIVE status has one letter greyed out, but just one. Curious.

Well, we might find him as a shambling, soulless SOMETHING, but not a corpse. Considering Bleeder's "choice", I'm guessing he's just gone-gone though.

And just a thought, but is it possible that what we've been calling Heaven End is actually/also Hell End? In either a "The false hope before everything became poo poo" sense or a "False peace hiding the rotting truth" way.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
he had nine lives disabled when he "died", i think

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I thought that was "our" 9 Lives being disabled because we were put into an insta-death status (which 9 Lives wouldn't work for)

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Randalor posted:

I thought that was "our" 9 Lives being disabled because we were put into an insta-death status (which 9 Lives wouldn't work for)

Yellow Island Magic placed a lifecurse on the character, negating all return-to-life powers like 9 Lives and HT rolls to stay alive, but it didn't work on Deadwalk.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
oic, thanks!

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Mhm. Don't think I've said it before, but really like the music mixes. Helps set the scenes quite a bit, and are nice to listen to even outside that.

Speaking of music, this ones rather interesting. Folks might recall we've had a(n admittedly glitched) map of this area before, and it looks quite a bit... Better?
Or possibly just wetter.
Can't say if where the land went off to things will be entirely alright, but I do get the sense it will be better; or at least not any worse.

Did get a lingering question out of checking it again, though: Who are/were these folk?

Show More posted:

It's over!

Gained +100(!!) XP.
Rienne learned 'Marrowgore' + Crit% increased by 1!
Levity learned 'Curse Petit' + Mastered 'Body' and 'Curse'
Lumes learned 'Trance' + DR increased by 10%
Gandiva learned 'Lifȩbl̸eȩd' + 'The 7th Secret'
They seem familiar, but can't quite place the names to [Hell End] faces, as it were

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Burnout! posted:

You've suffered a severe biocrash.

'Yellow Midnight' has worn off, your body buckling from the stress.
HT temporarily lowered to 8!
You're horribly hungover from injecting liquor into your blood...

'Lordly Blood' has worn off, your muscles burning and heart hurting.
ST and Max HP temporarily lowered to 8!
'Bloody Parasite' corruption disabled.

All Tyrant power sealed!
All Psychic power sealed!
All Magic power sealed!

Nobody left to animate the body.

Mushrooms rest quiet inside a brain that's unsure if it's alive or dead. Silver thoughts are unsealed but unable to move through a mind with residual vampire blood. The Dark is silent, sent to sleep. You're gone, not even dreaming inside the pure chemical blowout. The mushrooms wonder if this is death, and a new sporing. The body won't last long in a place this cursed dead and red.

But as soon as the fungus resigns itself to rainbow dark, it feels its psychic residue smear against the thoughts of intent. The body stands up, and slowly starts to redress.

Equipped 'Black Blade' (One-Hand Weakgrip)
Equipped 'Dark Suit'
Equipped 'Solar Veil' (+2 ST and HP)
Equipped 'Oilstained Shield'
Equipped 'Kurczerwony'

It's weak, weighted, wounded.

It's determined.

It's leaping without hesitation into a sweatsoaked stoneslit.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Wait. Are we leaving the same way we entered!? But…I though we got here through the Back which uh…makes the reality hate us a LOT.

Maybe now the [organ] is dead and the weird sweat wall won’t be so weird on the way out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Wait, where did we get the Dark Suit from? I thought we were wearing the Kadath suit?

Also, with Bleeder it now says 2 chances missed....hmmm wonder what that could be.

E: and is "raising [our] hand to an empty heaven" just supposed to signify a clear sky.... Or is Smerica's plan fatally flawed to begin with because heaven is empty, therefore Kwiat can't be there?

taiyoko fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Dec 2, 2021