Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Sanity cannot go negative, what would that even look like.

Hm.

... carry on, then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Oh god that's incredible.

That's just a warhammer 40k splatbook cover lmao.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

queen's fine

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Bobby Deluxe posted:

queen's fine

New GamesMaster looking good

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

"Keir Starmer, but made out of Ham" vs "a ham, but made out of Keir Starmer"

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

ThomasPaine posted:

Why do some of these have this border?

If you make them directly on the website and then save them they have that. Maybe people are just screenshotting the best bits.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

endlessmonotony posted:

Sanity cannot go negative, what would that even look like.

Hm.

... carry on, then.
A calming landscape of disintegrated brains lorded over by a sinister figure in a dressing gown, apparently.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Albinator posted:

A calming landscape of disintegrated brains lorded over by a sinister figure in a dressing gown, apparently.

I was more thinking "a country saying they've got world-class beaches while pouring sewage on them".

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

fuctifino posted:

"Keir Starmer, but made out of Ham" vs "a ham, but made out of Keir Starmer"

The creatures outside looked from Keir to ham, and from ham to Keir, and from Keir to ham again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Thread, I need your help/advice. A friend of mine has CFS/MS, and has been told by his mother (by text, no less) that she is moving up north and he will not be coming with her. Effectively, he will be made homeless in the next couple of weeks. Fortunately he has a brother (who is also estranged from their mother) in Farnborough who has found a spare room for him around the corner with his fiance's mother, but we all know stories of how temporary that arrangement can be, particularly with someone who most days is incapable of getting out of bed.

I'm not entirely sure if he's currently receiving PIP so obviously if he's not then that should be number 1 on his agenda, but beyond that and contacting Shelter, I'm not sure what other resources are still left in this dumb poo poo country to help him. Can anyone point me in the direction of anything that could help?

EvilHawk fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Dec 2, 2021

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Happy to have driven the thread off a cliff with my text2art link

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

I’m pretty sure forcing AI’s to draw these is hastening the creation of Skynet Hi future AI I did try to warn them

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Tarnop posted:

Happy to have driven the thread off a cliff with my text2art link

it's impressive tbh

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
So my other half has just gone into labour and we're gonna be in the hospital from 2 this afternoon going through everything.

Right now I feel a bit under prepared but I've not really seen much on what Dads to be should do except be supportive.

So far I've got a laptop full of TV shows for her to watch and I'm to go off and get her food/snacks after I drop her off at the hospital.

I've got the car seat ready and stuff but feel like that's not really all that much. I might take my Switch or something?

Anyone else with kids have a general set of pointers on what to take or what they wish they had? Best I can think of is something to pass the time for both of us if it takes ages.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

EvilHawk posted:

Thread, I need your help/advice. A friend of mine has CFS/MS, and has been told by his mother (by text, no less) that she is moving up north and he will not be coming with her. Effectively, he will be made homeless in the next couple of weeks. Fortunately he has a brother (who is also estranged from their mother) in Farnborough who has found a spare room for him around the corner with his fiance's mother-in-law, but we all know stories of how temporary that arrangement can be, particularly with someone who most days is incapable of getting out of bed.

I'm not entirely sure if he's currently receiving PIP so obviously if he's not then that should be number 1 on his agenda, but beyond that and contacting Shelter, I'm not sure what other resources are still left in this dumb poo poo country to help him. Can anyone point me in the direction of anything that could help?
Sounds like he'd probably be considered vulnerable for the purpose of local authorities' obligation to house the homeless. There's info here. He should go to the Council and present himself as homeless. I did that once, I was a bit of a weird case but the Homelessness Prevention Officer was extremely cool & sorted out getting me the deposit & rent up front for a private let that I then paid for with housing benefit, I think I was on the streets for about 5 weeks total (ymmv, I am very white & middle class, lived in a posh area with a Labour Council, & basically physically turned up at the Council offices every day crying at people until someone took pity & sorted it all out). Probably important to make sure he doesn't give anyone the impression that the brother's fiance's mother-in-law (?!) situation is even semi-permanent, he should just say that he's sofa-surfing basically.

This isn't me as a person with legal training talking btw, it's me as a person who did this about 15 years ago, so he should definitely talk to Shelter for advice, this is like their bread and butter. I do have very limited professional experience dealing with homelessness though, & I'm pretty sure there's still legal aid available for housing issues in case the Council deny their obligation to house him, so he needs to get on Universal Credit immediately to make sure he qualifies for legal aid.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Kin posted:

So my other half has just gone into labour and we're gonna be in the hospital from 2 this afternoon going through everything.

Right now I feel a bit under prepared but I've not really seen much on what Dads to be should do except be supportive.

So far I've got a laptop full of TV shows for her to watch and I'm to go off and get her food/snacks after I drop her off at the hospital.

I've got the car seat ready and stuff but feel like that's not really all that much. I might take my Switch or something?

Anyone else with kids have a general set of pointers on what to take or what they wish they had? Best I can think of is something to pass the time for both of us if it takes ages.
Yeah it's these, you understand it perfectly well. Also get some of this, some of that cooling stuff that you spray on your face, massage oil & a one of those travel sleep kits with a face mask & earplugs. Phone charger extension cable is another good one that's often overlooked, but basically loads of treats & whatever will pass the time (I took her a good set of headphones, a DAB radio & a travel cribbage set, all went down well).

If you get chucked out of the hospital at any point due to Covid poo poo, clean the house from top to bottom. It needs to be loving spotless when she gets back. Also get her something nice to come home to, like food or flowers or whatever, & make sure you've got everything you need (e.g. lots of caffeine) within arms reach of wherever you intend to stay up all night with the baby whilst your partner sleeps.

My daughter's only 10 weeks old, I'm getting all nostalgic remembering bringing her home now, congratulations mate :3:

(e: most of this advice given to me by the older lady who runs the burger van near my work so ymmv, but it went down very well with my partner)

Borrovan fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Dec 2, 2021

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Borrovan posted:

Sounds like he'd probably be considered vulnerable for the purpose of local authorities' obligation to house the homeless. There's info here. He should go to the Council and present himself as homeless. I did that once, I was a bit of a weird case but the Homelessness Prevention Officer was extremely cool & sorted out getting me the deposit & rent up front for a private let that I then paid for with housing benefit, I think I was on the streets for about 5 weeks total (ymmv, I am very white & middle class, lived in a posh area with a Labour Council, & basically physically turned up at the Council offices every day crying at people until someone took pity & sorted it all out). Probably important to make sure he doesn't give anyone the impression that the brother's fiance's mother-in-law (?!) situation is even semi-permanent, he should just say that he's sofa-surfing basically.

This isn't me as a person with legal training talking btw, it's me as a person who did this about 15 years ago, so he should definitely talk to Shelter for advice, this is like their bread and butter. I do have very limited professional experience dealing with homelessness though, & I'm pretty sure there's still legal aid available for housing issues in case the Council deny their obligation to house him, so he needs to get on Universal Credit immediately to make sure he qualifies for legal aid.

Thanks for this, I'll pass the info along.

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

Anyone got a link to Uighur stuff that isn't 2 degrees of Kevin bacon from Adrian Zenz?

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

fuctifino posted:

The other option is that everyone gives up, nobody reports on any of this, and nobody cares or even gets to know what is going on.

Is that what you'd prefer?

I'm glad that there is at least a shred of accountability left, and people willing to put in the time and effort. They matter to me.

This isn’t accountability. This corruption has been happening since the Tories got in in 2010, and the press have known about it the whole time. The difference now is that the powers that be have decided they’d like Boris gone, so suddenly the papers care about this, suddenly. They’ve probably been waiting for covid to die down so the blame can be neatly dumped on him, but with the Omicron variant turning up that means the sleaze stories will probably die down a bit until this has blown over.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

One minor funny thing from this week was that on dec 1st asda started having the staff on the tannoy yelling at everyone to put on masks, while sainsburys apparently forgot to take off the "wearing masks is now a personal choice" announcement from the store radio rotation and so was blaring it all of yesterday lmao.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

ThomasPaine posted:

Why do some of these have this border?
There’s a couple of different programs for making these — the pixray one linked upthread (actually there’s a few options there) makes ones without a border, and there’s an app available at wombo.art that runs surprisingly quickly and optionally includes the border with what you typed

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

One minor funny thing from this week was that on dec 1st asda started having the staff on the tannoy yelling at everyone to put on masks, while sainsburys apparently forgot to take off the "wearing masks is now a personal choice" announcement from the store radio rotation and so was blaring it all of yesterday lmao.
There's probably a bunch of very paranoid psychology grads who shop in both stores now.

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011

TACD posted:

There’s a couple of different programs for making these — the pixray one linked upthread (actually there’s a few options there) makes ones without a border, and there’s an app available at wombo.art that runs surprisingly quickly and optionally includes the border with what you typed

I guess political cartoonist just became an even.easier job than opinion column writer.

Still needs a way to integrate with your camera roll/facebook feed so everyone can create parodies of their friends in grotesque situations.

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

Kin posted:

Mate I wouldn't take your Switch, your lady has to be the focus and it's easy to get sucked into devices. A bluetooth speaker and some of her favourite/relaxing tunes loaded on a phone would be my recommendation. A couple of changes of clothes for her as it's always a while and depending on your situation could be a day or two even with things going perfectly. You'll need stuff to eat too.

Take a book maybe, but mainly just take yourself.

Good luck, I'm sure you and it will be awesome.

Zalakwe fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Dec 2, 2021

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I really want to take up woodworking or whittling or something as a hobby. Mainly because I don't have a big house but there are lots of trees around and some space by the shed to sit and cut wood, and I want to spend less time with technology. Not sure whether to look for a class, or just get a knife and look at YouTube videos or something. Anyone here tried the same, or have any experience with it please?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Convex posted:

I really want to take up woodworking or whittling or something as a hobby. Mainly because I don't have a big house but there are lots of trees around and some space by the shed to sit and cut wood, and I want to spend less time with technology. Not sure whether to look for a class, or just get a knife and look at YouTube videos or something. Anyone here tried the same, or have any experience with it please?

There are a couple of youtube channels I enjoy that focus on hand tool woodworking which might help you get a feel for it, and also some good starter projects if you have some space.

https://www.youtube.com/c/RexKrueger Rex has a number of "make your own tools/bench" videos which you might like and also he sells plans for his stuff on his website. Also good because he puts a lot of emphasis on not spending money if you can avoid it.

https://www.youtube.com/c/WoodWright James Wright does a lot of hand tool stuff too, helps you to see how it is done.

There's also https://www.youtube.com/c/PaulSellersWoodwork Paul Sellers for some good specific techique instructions.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Dec 2, 2021

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

OwlFancier posted:

surely its now just slade merry christmas wall to wall?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

There are a couple of youtube channels I enjoy that focus on hand tool woodworking which might help you get a feel for it, and also some good starter projects if you have some space.

https://www.youtube.com/c/RexKrueger Rex has a number of "make your own tools/bench" videos which you might like and also he sells plans for his stuff on his website. Also good because he puts a lot of emphasis on not spending money if you can avoid it.

https://www.youtube.com/c/WoodWright James Wright does a lot of hand tool stuff too, helps you to see how it is done.

There's also https://www.youtube.com/c/PaulSellersWoodwork Paul Sellers for some good specific techique instructions.

Oh amazing, thanks! Will definitely take a look at these :)

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

OwlFancier posted:

I will tag Matt Estlea on to this list, look up his YouTube channel. If you do want to do woodworking as opposed to just whittling or carving you’ll need space for a bench though

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Noxville posted:

I will tag Matt Estlea on to this list, look up his YouTube channel. If you do want to do woodworking as opposed to just whittling or carving you’ll need space for a bench though

I'll take a look, thanks. I have space at the side for a bench yeah, we currently have a picnic bench that doesn't get much use so I'm wondering if it's easier to just adapt that somehow.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You can probably adapt it into a sawhorse to help with basic operations and then move on to other things, though I think if you are going to be making a workbench you will want it under cover so the wood doesn't rot or warp.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
https://mobile.twitter.com/Laura_K_Hughes/status/1466094364577443854

This is fiiiine.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If the government want to give themselves the plague I am certainly not going to stop them.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/graduate-jobs-unemployment-covid-pandemic-b1967654.html

Surely not paying for work is illegal (unless it is clearly a voluntary position)?

I remember when I worked for a dodgy oval office in Paisley he employed me for a week and then stopped all contact with me, refused to pay me for my weeks work and then by the time he had lost the tribunal he declared bankruptcy, sold the pub, put his other restaurants in his wife's name and got out of paying me (and all the other staff he'd done similar to) that way. And he's still getting nice write ups from various pub publications. Also had a guy who was a clear money launderer refuse to give me my annual leave because he'd declared bankruptcy on the restaurant and then opened it up the next day under his wife's name, so technically I hadn't accrued any annual leave. I also phoned the DWP to find out that I was never on their books and the payslips I was being given were forgeries and they were pocketing the tax and NI for themselves.

gently caress I don't miss working in pubs and restaurants.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Wasn’t Boris one of the first world leaders to get COVID? He could be the first to get it twice, really mark his place in the history books

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

If there is a smoking gun on this I reckon Boris is done, possibly even without one if the by-elections go badly.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

TACD posted:

Wasn’t Boris one of the first world leaders to get COVID? He could be the first to get it twice, really mark his place in the history books

Bolsonaro has had it 7834 times.

He's admitted to it 3 of those times.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Tesseraction posted:

Bolsonaro has had it 7834 times.

He's admitted to it 3 of those times.

The covid was just a cover story for the times he needed hospitalisation from getting the poo poo kicked out of him by ostriches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Zalakwe posted:

If there is a smoking gun on this I reckon Boris is done, possibly even without one if the by-elections go badly.

Remember two weeks ago when it emerged that he was doing special favours for the woman he was having an affair with? Something he had previously denied?

Yeah, :matters: