Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

WhatEvil posted:

It's also 17000 words long.
That's never stopped ronya.

Bog snipe:

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Dec 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Stated reason is to save water. I think he just doesn't like to poop.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Incy posted:

The request was for something that wasn't a two degrees of separation from Zenz.

That doesn't mean "post something that is one degree of separation from Zenz".

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/TrackerTrial/status/1466436143495401474?s=19

Paedophile Murdoch.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Your weekly UKMT-adjacent pod is back like an estranged uncle - this week we had a long look at the hard/discipline style schools championed by brand new social-mobility czar Katherine Birbalsingh - beloved of Spiked and the Telegraph ... Also we brought in reinforcements.

https://twitter.com/PraxisCast/status/1466454789064212482?s=20

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

drat, I'm shocked

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Is he the nonce or the evil face on his stomach?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
its a shame this might sully his reputation by getting dragged into this.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Are they holding a bunch back for a slow news day or something?

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Convex posted:

I really want to take up woodworking or whittling or something as a hobby. Mainly because I don't have a big house but there are lots of trees around and some space by the shed to sit and cut wood, and I want to spend less time with technology. Not sure whether to look for a class, or just get a knife and look at YouTube videos or something. Anyone here tried the same, or have any experience with it please?

I have gotten into a bit of hand-tool woodcraft over the last year or so, making some tool handles and some clubs and now I'm working on a really overbuilt outdoor chair for the farm using some basic joints :420: rather than the "just put the wood together with screws and maybe more screws and woodglue" technique

I would start by figuring out something that you want to make and going from there- for my chair I needed to learn how to measure, mark and cut wood reasonably well so I watched some of this guy's really chill videos which got the basics of it stuck in my head and then it's just a case of keeping on giving it a try and not getting too mardy if/when you gently caress up

Half decent tools are generally pretty cheap- I have strong recommendations for hultafors/mora/bahco handtools- for just whittling etc then you can get a hultafors chisel knife and some sandpaper for a tenner and be well away- then later you can pick up a whetstone and a strop cheaply and with a little care that knife will last literally decades of use- my first mora bushcraft knife is at least 15 years old now and still as good as when I first drew it.

Wood isn't cheap so if you have access to your own supply then do some learning about properties of different woods and drying and curing it and the difference between working it green or letting it dry- the blackthorn I turned into a nice little club needed over a year to properly season

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

So sad, it's always the ones you least suspect eh

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Depending also on how much you like american public broadcasting style you might also enjoy the woodwright's shop reruns that someone uploaded to youtube.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Coldwar_Steve/status/1466476451255967745

Disproportionation
Feb 20, 2011

Oh god it's the Clone Saga all over again.

Comrade Fakename posted:

Got to assume the Lib Dems have fallen down the TERF-hole? That whole scene is right in their wheelhouse.

I assume it's stuff like Tim Farron in 2017 and the lib dems letting anti-gay marriage tories defect and run as candidates in 2019.

Disproportionation fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Dec 2, 2021

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

therattle posted:

Read this. The New Yorker may be liberal but its fact checking is second to none. It’s a really terrifying article.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2021/04/12/surviving-the-crackdown-in-xinjiang

^as covered above- this would still be squarely in the 'zenz-adjacent western media' bracket.

Basically I'm asking because although I like radio war nerd and found their coverage of this persuasive*, (highly recommend looking it up, zenz really is a crazy bastard) someone sent me a YouTube of footage of some pretty grim looking buildings

*In that the West does have a habit of giving lots of money to very sketchy religious fundamentalists ( how did they get to Syria lol) , a habit whose facts are seldom checked...

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

When I was looking it up ages ago I found a long BBC article that basically described the situation according to various sources, citing the sources so you can look them up, about half of them turned out to be Zenz-adjacent but the rest looked solid

Cba to Google it up but it exists

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1466499752678371329

Good poo poo.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Starmer is actually going to bankrupt a party which had half a million members and massive cash reserves two years ago.

quote:

With Labour’s reshuffle continuing and junior frontbench posts still being allocated, it is understood that Labour will replace the former employment rights minister, Andy McDonald, who resigned at the party’s annual conference after being asked to reject a £15-an-hour minimum wage.

But McDonald’s successor will not be in the shadow cabinet, as Starmer trims his team to mirror the shape of the government more closely. Part of the motivation for the reshuffle was to shed staff, given the parlous state of Labour’s finances, which will be exacerbated by a reduction in Unite’s contribution.

A Labour source insisted relations with trades unions, including Unite, were good and pointed out that affiliated unions had always funded other causes in their members’ interests.

sebzilla fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Dec 2, 2021

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

You love to see it..

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

gently caress, they've got us https://twitter.com/ai_curio_bot/status/1464705581776785418

lmao, all that hooting and hollering that the FASHIST LEFTI didn't win and bam

Pencils R Cool
Feb 16, 2011
Has Twitter purposefully hosed up their algorithm to 'boost engagement' again? For context my list of follows is pretty standard lefty poo poo (Owen Jones, Ash Sakar and a few UK left personalities like Client Journalism Expert et al) but I've started noticing Darren Grimes, Dan Hodges and GB News appearing a shitload on my feed. This morning during my daily scroll, Darren Grimes appeared a total of 5 times! Not even due to 'x person liked this tweet', his tweets just appeared in my feed. Dan Hodges is appearing too.

Been looking for an excuse to delete the Bird Procrastination App but if they're purposefully trying to push right-wing wanker nonsense to try and push me into Dunking I'm simply uninstalling.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

It's been pretty decent for me but it does recommend based on engagement so just giving Jones and Sarkar boilerplate positive replies will massively benefit your quality of life.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Alternatively follow me and reply to my tweets by calling me a oval office and it'll still boost the lefty recs.

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

Pencils R Cool posted:

Has Twitter purposefully hosed up their algorithm to 'boost engagement' again? For context my list of follows is pretty standard lefty poo poo (Owen Jones, Ash Sakar and a few UK left personalities like Client Journalism Expert et al) but I've started noticing Darren Grimes, Dan Hodges and GB News appearing a shitload on my feed. This morning during my daily scroll, Darren Grimes appeared a total of 5 times! Not even due to 'x person liked this tweet', his tweets just appeared in my feed. Dan Hodges is appearing too.

Been looking for an excuse to delete the Bird Procrastination App but if they're purposefully trying to push right-wing wanker nonsense to try and push me into Dunking I'm simply uninstalling.

I deleted it last year and it's the best thing I've done for a long time. It's just an Outrage Generation Machine given a baffling amount of importance.

I'd ban anyone on here who posts contextless links to Twitter.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Twitter is brain poison and I'm not even joking.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
The worst thing about twitter is leftists endlessly posting things, designed by the right wing to be as demoralising as possible, directly too each other. Just endlessly delivering our own psy-op doom because guys have you seen this?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

you'd certainly know about posting demoralising things!

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
Unite is cutting a bunch of funding from labour, saying it would be better spent elsewhere

Just rejoice at that

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

NotJustANumber99 posted:

you'd certainly know about posting demoralising things!

Yeah, he's read many of your posts

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

lol nice one forkboy84!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Reminding you your car is a fire hazard isn't demoralising, it's life advice.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

incendiary post dabir, unfortunately inaccurate nonsense.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Twitter mostly wants to sell me Bitcoin.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Pencils R Cool posted:

One thing I’ve been doing is doing all my Twitter and Facebook scrolling in a browser on my phone. It makes it harder to mindlessly click the app and you don’t get all the notifications.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I see Madge Hodge is retiring at the next general. She says her proudest achievement is defeating nick griffin. In her never not been labour safe seat where he came third with a quarter of the votes she got. legacy.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
How many vulnerable young people did she sacrifice to gain the moral authority to call Jeremy Corbyn an antisemite, I wonder?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Her biggest regret is that she didn't get the go ahead to desecrate that cemetery, scuppering her dream of being the big skull thing in an Islington version of Poltergeist.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

I move away from Barking and 2 weeks later she resigns. Coincidence? :tinfoil:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Ugh :(

https://twitter.com/charleshymas/status/1466309798211825668

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

isn't that russel brand's thing he's into?