Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Mega64 posted:

Mega Color Picross for S7 please.

P sure my brain would stop working if i ever saw that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

MechaSeinfeld posted:

my speedrun of hyrule warriors DE is 564 hours

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

LemonLimeSoda posted:

I started Rogue Legacy and am constantly dying all the time
It's a fun game so far!

Careful, the game actually becomes harder the more you upgrade the castle

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Speaking of picross, are there any other ones like the s series? Im not a stickler for much but ive played a few games where they auto-correct mistakes and i hate that, let me lie in the bed i make

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I came in here to ask for a game recommendation and left bc I'm just gonna buy HWDE, thanks thread

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The dumb thing about The Completionist is he almost without fail complains that after completing everything in the game no new mode or bonus was unlocked.

But if it was, then he wouldn't have completed it. Then he would have to go complete that, and there would not be another new mode or bonus, and then he would complain that no new mode was unlocked by completing it.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

The dumb thing about The Completionist is he almost without fail complains that after completing everything in the game no new mode or bonus was unlocked.

But if it was, then he wouldn't have completed it. Then he would have to go complete that, and there would not be another new mode or bonus, and then he would complain that no new mode was unlocked by completing it.

Just wants infinite content of the same flavor, that's what MMOs are for.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
kind of upset this so called completionist can't simply take pride in a game well completed

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

He wept, for there were no more games to complete.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Detective No. 27 posted:

He wept, for there were no more games to complete.

"But doctor," he lamented, "I am Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition!"

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I bought Hyrule Warriors Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez for Black Friday sale and it is really fun! I haven't played a Musou game since I was a wee lad peeling PS2 demo discs out of unopened issues of EGM, and I am surprised by how deep the gameplay feels. Revali feels very different from the other characters, and the creative way each character approaches the Shiekah Runes is so flavorful. This game feels like a real Zelda game, and fleshes out the personalities of characters I've been playing as for years in ways those games never try! its really way more than I thought it was going to be.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The Quake Remaster has been updated with a new Horde Mode and a new downloadable community add-on called Honey.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I think I tried to do completionist stuff once or twice during college and quickly realized that holy poo poo this is just as tedious and awful as my minimum wage kitchen job except I'm not getting paid. Also, there's no cute college girls to flirt with while I flip decent burgers and cook terrible pizza ( I had no control over the ingredients y'all)

It's literal labor! More power to those who enjoy it, but no thank you. We are al doomed to work for substandard wages until the day we die in this capitalist hellscape

I'm not working during my free time. The completionist literally gets paid probably much more than most of us and I do enjoy a video or two of his but what an absolutely miserable way to make a living

E: Wonder if he ever outsources any of the actual gaming part to interns/employees and is more focused on content production. Like he's not actually picking up the controller and losing a thousand hours of his life on Hyrule warriors for one video is he? I would hope not when he has a whole team

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Dec 2, 2021

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

KingSlime posted:

I think I tried to do completionist stuff once or twice during college and quickly realized that holy poo poo this is just as tedious and awful as my minimum wage kitchen job except I'm not getting paid. Also, there's no cute college girls to flirt with while I flip decent burgers and cook terrible pizza ( I had no control over the ingredients y'all)

It's literal labor! More power to those who enjoy it, but no thank you. We are al doomed to work for substandard wages until the day we die in this capitalist hellscape

I'm not working during my free time. The completionist literally gets paid probably much more than most of us and I do enjoy a video or two of his but what an absolutely miserable way to make a living

E: Wonder if he ever outsources the actual gaming part and is more focused on content production. Like he's not actually picking up the controller and losing a thousand hours of his life on Hyrule warriors for one video is he? I would hope not when he has a whole team

Games have gotten way worse in general to 100% compared to the GC/PS2/OGBox era; it's often just not worth it to scrape every last bit of stale, nasty game out of the bottom of the game barrel

in conjunction with me having way less time I've become extremely sensitive to artificial game lengthening schemes

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Truly the Sisyphus of our time. :colbert:

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

"But doctor," he lamented, "I am Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition!"

:yeah:

Weedle
May 31, 2006

you know what game i would like to play on here? american truck simulator, with the labo wheel

LemonLimeSoda
Jan 23, 2020

Rutibex posted:

Careful, the game actually becomes harder the more you upgrade the castle

Does it really?
Yikes

Bust Rodd posted:

I bought Hyrule Warriors Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez for Black Friday sale and it is really fun! I haven't played a Musou game since I was a wee lad peeling PS2 demo discs out of unopened issues of EGM, and I am surprised by how deep the gameplay feels. Revali feels very different from the other characters, and the creative way each character approaches the Shiekah Runes is so flavorful. This game feels like a real Zelda game, and fleshes out the personalities of characters I've been playing as for years in ways those games never try! its really way more than I thought it was going to be.

We had an absolute blast, the game and story is very fun. All in all, we got about 60 hours out of the game with all DLC and then there's not much in terms of endgame things to do unless you enjoy mindless grinding for grindings' sake

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

That’s not really true, he’s usually content with some sort of unlock-able as a completion reward, be it artwork or a character skin or whatever. I don’t think he’s ever complained about not unlocking a new mode, he includes unlocking new modes and completing them in his criteria. I could be wrong though, that poor guy drives himself crazy doing his completion gimmick.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

KingSlime posted:

E: Wonder if he ever outsources any of the actual gaming part to interns/employees and is more focused on content production. Like he's not actually picking up the controller and losing a thousand hours of his life on Hyrule warriors for one video is he? I would hope not when he has a whole team

You can flirt with cute girls in a video game, or perhaps you have not heard of the DoA X series, available in Nintendo Switch eShop(Japan only)

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

some games are fun to 100% and some aren't. that's my game theory.

I don't like color picross as much in the Jupiter games because the interface for it is weird compared to the phone app that i played 1 million color picross puzzles on and thoroughly burned myself out on. i would be very interested in color mega picross though. i don't know if it would actually work.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

b_d posted:

some games are fun to 100% and some aren't. that's my game theory.

Pretty much, just play games until they stop being fun. When a game isn’t fun anymore, then just stop playing it and move on with your life.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

You can flirt with cute girls in a video game, or perhaps you have not heard of the DoA X series, available in Nintendo Switch eShop(Japan only)

I have seen a significant increase in flirting mechanics in video games over the last few years. I think that says something about how lonely people are even in dense urban areas :smith:

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

KingSlime posted:

I have seen a significant increase in flirting mechanics in video games over the last few years. I think that says something about how lonely people are even in dense urban areas :smith:

There were a lot less rooftop parties in 2020.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

hey so I want one of these, and it looks like prices are all over the place? Would someone be so kind as to link me to where I can buy one new that isn't $7000

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

the only game i ever 100%ed was mario 64 when i was like 10 because it didn't seem so farfetched once you had beat the game. i think you only needed like...30 more stars? and i mean, come on, it was actually fun. the next closest i got was getting 'knights of the round' because man was that a blast fighting all those weapons and drat that video was cool. i'd say that was worth it. it wasn't too much more work to get it, especially if you had the brady guide to help you along.

but yea, no way, no how am i spending 100+hr just to get a silly blue ribbon or whatever on my profile. 100%ing a game shouldn't require any more than like 10 more hours than finishing the main story. anything beyond that requires some extraordinary incentive. i can't even imagine what that'd be in this day and age.

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

The Kins posted:

The Quake Remaster has been updated with a new Horde Mode and a new downloadable community add-on called Honey.

:hellyeah:

Just got Quake over the weekend when it was on sale so this is some great news. Looks like some decent new gameplay add-ons along with nice quality of life stuff. Being able to change the color of the crosshairs sounds neat.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Google Butt posted:

hey so I want one of these, and it looks like prices are all over the place? Would someone be so kind as to link me to where I can buy one new that isn't $7000

You just have to be lucky with a drop at any number of stores.

It's not like Target or whatever has a massive stock for MSRP. Supply issues are hurting everyone and demand is far out-stripping normal consumption.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

In the previous thread I was looking for a small case to carry my Switch with two joy-con grips while on-the-go. I did fair bit of searching and found some decent cheap ones, but after thinking about it, felt it'd be weird to only spend like $10-15 on something that'd exclusively be carrying $350+ worth of hardware lol. Ended up getting this on sale during BF: https://www.timbuk2.com/products/1037-timbuk2-x-astro-gaming-cs03-crossbody-sling

The bag arrived yesterday and yeah, it's awesome. The Switch feels super secure inside, the two inner sleeves each hold a joy-con grip, and there's a bunch more compartments to store cables, power banks, etc., basically everything else I'd need for the Switch, plus other things like my wallet, phone, and keys. S+ tier purchase, would recommend.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Fly Ricky posted:

Late, but thanks to the goons who recommended games for the Broforce fan! Some awesome gems I’m picking up.

Great. Though I have to ask, what'd you get in the end?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Monkey Fracas posted:

Games have gotten way worse in general to 100% compared to the GC/PS2/OGBox era; it's often just not worth it to scrape every last bit of stale, nasty game out of the bottom of the game barrel

in conjunction with me having way less time I've become extremely sensitive to artificial game lengthening schemes

There's that, and also there are a shitload more games to choose from than there used to be. Why should I bash my head against squeezing every last drop of content out of a game when I can just go play one of the other million games out there?

That said I do still occasionally do 100% stuff. I got 100% perfection in Stardew Valley last month and had a blast the whole time, and I do still complete my Pokedex every time.

Really it does just come down to play the game until it stops being fun.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i posted all those nice things about dark souls, and then some crystalised gently caress smashed me to death near the top of the library, 0/10 game, do not play

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Until around 2013-2015 there was only like one or two games out a month that people talked about. Now there are too many games, will the madness ever end?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

hatty posted:

Until around 2013-2015 there was only like one or two games out a month that people talked about. Now there are too many games, will the madness ever end?

nope sorry. your backlog will grow faster than your ability to clear it until the day you die with 50,000,000 steam games unplayed.

every singe one of them a classic

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Personally I've decided Elden Ring is probably my last new video game for a long time and its all backlog from here

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Just buy a new game when you want to actually play instead of when it's discounted and you'll actually save money and spare yourself the guilt

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I really do want to play the games

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Looks like at least Paper Mario is hitting N64 Online on the 10th

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1466573124116398091

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Oof.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1466573753152794626?t=7PZUq1C_ddcn1qXIdHjmPQ&s=19

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Finally, the best Baper Mario

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

They need to re-release the N64 games one at a time, otherwise they'll hit that "scraping the bottom of the barrel for whatever they can get" after like one month because the N64 had like 20 games :lol: