Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Atrocious Joe posted:

They are going to free her by forcing her to defect or calling her brainwashed if she refuses.

theyre going to free her by harassing her and her family and friends with constant demands of proof of life and whatever else WTA and the state dept has cooked up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

This has been the Democrat rebuttal to the Kids In Camps issue since Biden got in lol.

"But the camps are nice now. They have TV and coloring books and sometimes food."

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Peng Shuai deserves justice, but it's too much to see people insist that her sexual assault allegation be investigated when we've had back to back rapist presidents of the United States. We had people willing to throw themselves on the tracks for Andrew Cuomo for gently caress's sake. We dropped MeToo when it became too inconvenient for mainstream liberal politics, and now we get to turn it into a foreign policy tool.

yeah its pretty hosed up

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

China is so bad, we need to shut down international competitive tennis in China to punish the lady who made accusations against a CPC guy by destroying her life's work. wait somehow i lost the plot here.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

DiscountDildos posted:

This has been the Democrat rebuttal to the Kids In Camps issue since Biden got in lol.

"But the camps are nice now. They have TV and coloring books and sometimes food."

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1464372422224879617?s=21

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Pryor on Fire posted:

I don't think it works anymore

somebody find those opinion polls before and after the anti china media-push where public "opinion" practically reversed itself after the tv shows, articles, opinion pieces, etc.
yeah it works, and better than ever

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

omfg Xi please invade and save us

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

the famously good on human rights united states of america

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Some Guy TT posted:

i like how the current plan to rescue peng shuai is to take a giant warm piss all over her career the chinese government probably doesnt give two shits whether it hosts any tennis tournaments but it completely fucks over the chinese tennis fandom peng shuais spent the last decade cultivating

the scam is to bully everyone into pulling out, cutting any community she was trying to build, and forcing her to 'defect' if she wants to continue her career. As long as she doesn't do that we're gonna keep lying about her being in double secret prison despite being recorded out getting lunch and posting about plushies she bought on social media.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/mattdizwhitlock/status/1466073560959627265?s=20

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

owns

:ussr:

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

what’s the 2 sentence summary of this whole peng shui ordeal? i’ve managed to avoid this whole story but for a couple headlines here and there

surely it can’t be worse than the charnel house of child + adult sex abuse that was/is the US women’s national gymnastics program

It's not, but it's certainly unsettling. The main deal about it is that neither she nor anybody else is allowed to talk about it on social media. It's difficult to say whether the allegations themselves are being seriously investigated or swept under the rug. I suspect that china would censor discussion of them even if they are investigating. Western media people have convinced themselves that she has been locked up and have repeatedly asked for evidence she is alive and free, which has been provided repeatedly, but it's not enough because they're mostly upset about the social media censorship it just sounds petty to make that the main deal so it's easier to just claim she's been burned at the stake unless she hops into a zoom with them every 3 hours.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

:thunk:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

30.5 Days posted:

It's not, but it's certainly unsettling. The main deal about it is that neither she nor anybody else is allowed to talk about it on social media. It's difficult to say whether the allegations themselves are being seriously investigated or swept under the rug. I suspect that china would censor discussion of them even if they are investigating. Western media people have convinced themselves that she has been locked up and have repeatedly asked for evidence she is alive and free, which has been provided repeatedly, but it's not enough because they're mostly upset about the social media censorship it just sounds petty to make that the main deal so it's easier to just claim she's been burned at the stake unless she hops into a zoom with them every 3 hours.

its almost as if nothing china or peng shui does will make the west happy short of her "defecting/seeking asylum" in *name your pick of western country* and denouncing china, her home

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
yes I believe women

I believe women need to have their careers destroyed to further my half assed imperial agenda

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

When will this sick gently caress be stopped??

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

Agrajag posted:

the famously good on human rights united states of america

also just going to post, again, that pelosi has literally herself personally voted (and made a big deal of her vote) to increase funding for the concentration camps america is running, and she did so after a several month long struggle within her own party wherein she fought harder than i have ever seen her fight against democratic reps who called these camps what they were.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/onlyyoontv/status/1466396166954889216?s=20

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
Quick lesson in the way propaganda actually works.

You don't have to be the notorious RBG to figure out that the patent is worth more than $8M. So the next time you read about how the Chinese are stealing your DNA to kill babies at least you know why!

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Of all the stupid poo poo wsj has pushed, this is the one I will save on my bookmark and show people they are garbage human waste.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol

this pisses my poo poo off a lot. jesus loving chirst

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

not to worry fellas, Chen’s safe for now

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

anyone who says ww3 can’t or won’t happen is dumb as gently caress

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
What

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/lilyslynch/status/1466446092451602444

Lol

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

dumbasses who say its all pandering and capital won’t allow a war with china are just that. war is inevitable barring a movement to stop it

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Nah

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
It's just to provide a new post-war on terror justification to keep the MIC humming

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Also a movement to stop it would probably do poo poo all, based on the anti Iraq war movement

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum

Ahh the compact and refreshing flavor of tic for tac.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
wild

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

paul_soccer12 posted:

It's just to provide a new post-war on terror justification to keep the MIC humming

load bearing “just”

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
i mean the entire US economy is dependent on it so its a pretty important factor

some psychos do actually want war with China but to say we are on an inextricable path leading to one doesnt scan to me, since they make all our poo poo and we are addicted to poo poo

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The only thing the US manufactures is weapons, there is no way they're ever going to let that industry go.

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

paul_soccer12 posted:

i mean the entire US economy is dependent on it so its a pretty important factor

some psychos do actually want war with China but to say we are on an inextricable path leading to one doesnt scan to me, since they make all our poo poo and we are addicted to poo poo

It's a good thing China is expanding it nuclear arsenal and delivery systems. I hope those psychos realize any war with China is MAD.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
true believers wont even consider letting that stop them

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

paul_soccer12 posted:

war with china is literally world ending poo poo hth

china has nukes bro

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
are we sure
i never seen em

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
i say we chance it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Yeah, the West still doesn’t have a real plan because sanctions and containment are not going to work if China is highly integrated with the world economy. Hell, RCEP makes everything an even bigger mess since now China is in a free trade bloc with nearly all of the US’ Pacific allies. How do you go to war with a country within the same free trade zone?