Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
T-minus 47 hours until CARL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
hi page 622

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Almost to 625, which is an awesome number because it is 5^4 or 25^2.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

gently caress yeah I stoked

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

C

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

A

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

R

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

L

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

F

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

U

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

C

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

K

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Y

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

E

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

A

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

H

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

Prob going to make a pork roast for dinner and try out my Left4Dead2 dedicated server that i just updated to include a bunch of new user campaigns. Yes it is 2021 and i still love to play that game.

Left 4 Dead 2 is dope but I never played any user campaigns

I'm actually super hyped for a knockoff that's coming out in a week called after the fall

it's something I've been craving for years, left 4 dead but built for VR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayiOTEw-QEc

me and my friends have all pre-ordered it and we're counting the days

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

I got a door off the street (not exactly, but close enough, a person in my general area was getting rid of it) and it is an exact replacement for the original front door of my house so I've been working to strip off decades of paint, joints, etc and I'm almost done. I'll probably be able to drop it in tomorrow at some point if I can get my other tasks done first.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Tip posted:

Left 4 Dead 2 is dope but I never played any user campaigns

I'm actually super hyped for a knockoff that's coming out in a week called after the fall

it's something I've been craving for years, left 4 dead but built for VR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayiOTEw-QEc

me and my friends have all pre-ordered it and we're counting the days

Dude that shizzle looks goooooooood I'm actually thinking of buying vr for it but I have no money to spend on it right now. What rig do you and your folk roll with?

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

Dude that shizzle looks goooooooood I'm actually thinking of buying vr for it but I have no money to spend on it right now. What rig do you and your folk roll with?

Quest 2 baby! It's standalone so you don't have to gently caress with a computer, just put on the headset and go go go

but also if you want to use your gaming PC you can with a cable or via WiFi

wireless VR is so loving good, and it's never been cheaper

you can actually get a refurbished one from Walmart for $199 right now, which is a loving insane deal:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Oculus-Q...ampaign_id=9383

also, if you were to get one and use my referral link before activation you'd get $60 in free store credit (more than enough to buy after the fall):
https://www.oculus.com/referrals/link/Tip/

the $60 deal ends after the 6th though, after that point it's only $30

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

what I'm saying is go buy one right now for a crazy low price, get the game for free, and play some VR zombie coop with me

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I know you said you don't have money, but surely someone will trade you the $200 for a kidney or something?

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

I think I am too old for video games now. I just find them to be a frustrating waste of time. I'm not sure exactly when this happened, but it was around the time I really started to worry about my lawn.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

Have you bought a Christmas sweater for Carl or at least a festive little hat?

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I think I am too old for video games now. I just find them to be a frustrating waste of time. I'm not sure exactly when this happened, but it was around the time I really started to worry about my lawn.

I got burnt out on videogames in my early 20s, nothing really grabbed me and it felt like everything was just the same game being made over and over and each iteration had worse gameplay but better graphics

for me VR is like going back to PC gaming in the 90s, when 3d was fresh and new and people were constantly pushing the limits of what could be done and inventing new genres

ever since I got my first VR headset like 7 years ago it's been 99% of all my gaming

it also helped inspire me to learn how to program so I could create VR games and get in on defining this new medium

it's very exciting stuff to me

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

also, the fact that VR is so tactile and physical really makes it so different from normal gaming

there's this game called echo VR that's basically soccer in zero g, and it really feels equivalent to something like going down to the park and playing a game of basketball against strangers

both in the social aspect and the exercise aspect

goddamn, I get so loving sweaty and into it jumping and moving around trying to score goals or block shots

Puppy Doll
Dec 20, 2011

Hey everybody!
im excited for carl!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I mean, who isn't excited for carl?

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Tip posted:

also, the fact that VR is so tactile and physical really makes it so different from normal gaming

there's this game called echo VR that's basically soccer in zero g, and it really feels equivalent to something like going down to the park and playing a game of basketball against strangers

both in the social aspect and the exercise aspect

goddamn, I get so loving sweaty and into it jumping and moving around trying to score goals or block shots

i have to admit you make a good argument for vr.

on the other hand, that also reminds me of the song total entertainment forever, which is a great song, but also pretty depressing.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Mr. Nice! posted:

I mean, who isn't excited for carl?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

bagmonkey posted:

WAISTBAND TRICK
WAISTBAND TRICK
WAISTBAND TRICK

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Obvs want Carl but until he arrives, fill give me the joy of the waistband trick

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

bagmonkey posted:

WAISTBAND TRICK
WAISTBAND TRICK
WAISTBAND TRICK

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Ellie is excited for CARL and got her fur did so she looks nice for his arrival.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Have you bought a Christmas sweater for Carl or at least a festive little hat?

I didn’t yet but I put all my dogs in Christmas collars every year so I’ll get one for Carl too.

Puppy Doll
Dec 20, 2011

Hey everybody!

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

Ellie is excited for CARL and got her fur did so she looks nice for his arrival.

Hello Ellie! :3:

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

It's Carl bitch!

Edit: in no way directed at Ellie, she is a good dog, just really excited about CARL

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I've lost 6 pounds in the last two months :toot:

just 22 pounds to go :(

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Getting another job offer tomorrow then gonna have a conundrum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Derpies posted:

Getting another job offer tomorrow then gonna have a conundrum

conundrum is good, you get to sound really sincere when you play them off each other

"ah gee shucks I really wanna work for your company but it's hard because these other guys wanna give me so much more money, gosh you'd really make my decision easier if you gave me $20,000 more a year and an extra 40 hours of PTO a year"