Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Having never seen the pale council fight, is it worth the effort to do all the lines to get to it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

NPR Journalizard posted:

Having never seen the pale council fight, is it worth the effort to do all the lines to get to it?

Unless you just entered maps, you will just run between 4 spots in the room a total of 16 times in 30 seconds as you knock a quarter of their health off instantly and cause them to enter invincibility phase as another one in the room becomes vulnerable.

E: If you are still curious, just buy the fragments from someone else instead of running the prophecy chains.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I like it, but it's not like a big fight. You're really just fighting four minibosses in sequence, but it works as at least some narrative payoff to all the kill quests you have to do to get to it.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Floodkiller posted:

Unless you just entered maps, you will just run between 4 spots in the room a total of 16 times in 30 seconds as you knock a quarter of their health off instantly and cause them to enter invincibility phase as another one in the room becomes vulnerable.

Pretty much this. It's a braindead simple fight that you can probably facetank. The uniques they can drop range from "crap" to "fine, I guess". You're really not missing much.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
reach of the council used to be one of the best bows in the game 😥

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I got a tabula rasa the other day, what do I do with it? Vaal? Krangle? Or just leave it alone?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

If you're levelling, use it unless your build revolves around some other unique armor. Otherwise, yolo Vaal.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have a question for a friend

When an item has a line like "Reflects 240 to 300 Physical Damage to Attackers on Block" is Attacker metaphorical or does it literally refer only to enemies who damaged you with an Attack, and not a Spell?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
All of the reflect armor mods specify melee attackers, so to me that would make be think that as long as it's something you block it should work. Spell, ranged, melee, whatever.

Dave Matthews Big Fan!
Nov 10, 2009
tempest shield says attackers and works with spell block so I'd assume item mods would work the same way

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Zenithe posted:

I hope the monkey is OK

Monke is NFT now.
Navali couldn't handle the shame.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BzWV_COZj8

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
saw that on steel. pretty POGGERS

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Wait, if Navali is going away, then they'll also be removing Helena's dialogue about her dream. I liked that one.
Einhar will also lose his hide and seek partner...

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
I can't seem to find an answer to this - in The Feared, does Uber Atziri still have her damage reflect aura?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

interrodactyl posted:

I can't seem to find an answer to this - in The Feared, does Uber Atziri still have her damage reflect aura?

She does not.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Thank god prophecy is gone, I almost never remembered to turn in silver coins and also never picked them up. The worst part of all this is that navali is my vendor next to my stash to sell after every map.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

Thank god prophecy is gone, I almost never remembered to turn in silver coins and also never picked them up. The worst part of all this is that navali is my vendor next to my stash to sell after every map.

The pro garbage selling vendor is tane because control click goes straight to the sell screen

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Aerox posted:

She does not.

thank god

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
CoC EoW Inquisitor is the build of the league for me. I got the idea from earlier posts in this thread and have taken it all the way to the deep endgame, and I've had a few people in 5555 ask me about how to scale it up and what decisions I made. It's also the most forgiving CoC build I've played, but you'll still need to know how CoC builds work. Still not really a beginner build but if you want to learn how to CoC, this is what I would recommend.

I did all the endgame bosses with this (including a 77% quant Feared once I knew Uber Atziri doesn't reflect), and did one Wave 30 Simulacrum using 4 portals. This is a really strong build that you can start with 2-3ex and scale up a ton with investment. If you want to see the cheaper versions people have done, there's lots of posts earlier in the thread and checking the snapshots on poe.ninja will give you a good idea of what to look out for.

PoB and then long-rear end post: https://pastebin.com/8XZDpYCM

Damage is really good but hard to calculate, I usually phase Awakener 8 before his first teleport. If anyone knows how to better calculate Eye of Winter damage, please let me know.

The Mageblood is NOT needed, or worth it if you plan to buy it; a 15% attribute Cyclopean Coil is competitive and actually solves 2 ailment immunities for you. The main difference is that Mageblood allowed me to spend less on my rings since I don't need as much resistance, and freed up my jewels to be 3x crit multi stats. Basically, it's 350ex+ to save 15-20ex; you don't need it. Not counting the Mageblood, the build cost me ~100ex to get to this point. Here's the cost breakdown based on a recent search of my items I did yesterday:

rear end Mark Ring: 2ex
Cold Damage against Chilled Ring: 1ex
Cospri + Enchant: 50c
EoW Crown: 1ex
Skin of the Lords: 4ex
Crit Shaper's Touch: 1ex
Tailwind CDR Boots: 10ex

Bottled Faith: 16ex
Curse Immune Flask: 1ex
Other flasks: 100c
Doryani Glorious Vanity: 50c
3x Crit Multi Jewel (4 of them): 16ex
Unnatural Instinct: 3.5ex
Watcher's Eye: 16ex

Awakened CoC 5/20: 16ex
Awakened Added Cold 5/20: 4ex
Divergent EoW 21/20: 6ex
Anomalous Blood Rage: 6ex
Awakened Unbound Ailments: 1ex

If you have the Better PoE Trading extension on Chrome, here's most of the trade searches I used: https://pastebin.com/jh0dVwcq

Here's a collection of notes to hopefully share the knowledge if you're interested in taking the build further.

Cast on Crit Notes:

- If you don't understand CoC attack speed breakpoints, read this: https://old.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/nnipmr/important_cast_on_crit_info_cdr_breakpointsattack/
- Do not trust your in-game attack speed, it is wrong due to rounding. PoB is more accurate; I found this out the hard way.
- Thanks to critical masteries this league, if you want to reach the 52% cooldown reduction point, you no longer need a belt mod! This used to be a huge pain in the rear end. There's 2 ways to do this "easily" this league, you can 1) get your level 5 Awakened CoC gem to level 10 with the critical mastery, an additional +2 levels with Skin of the Lords and roll 15% CDR on Shaper boots. 2) You can maven orb your CDR boots to get elevated CDR, and with the critical mastery, you will also hit 52% CDR.
- Inquisitor makes it easy to to cap your critical strike chance, thanks to Righteous Providence. Stat-stacking is really good.
- You can get a much better crit corruption on your gloves which makes getting Cyclone crit capped much easier.
- Assassin's Mark also helps you get to 100% crit
- You can also run a Zealotry crit chance watcher's eye instead of Hatred crit to reduce the cost, though it's less consistent.
- The more crit multi you can fit in, the higher your damage will go. Those are solid investments.

Defensive Notes:

- Your main sources of tankiness are insane amounts of regen as Inquisitor, Armor, and some decent attack block chance.
- To buff your regen, you should definitely run a Doryani's glorious vanity, and consider getting vitality regen on your Watcher's Eye.
- This also means you need a lot of chaos resistance. Don't skimp on this!
- I also run Defiance Banner and get some blind with Disorienting Display, so the main things you have to worry about are big chaos degens and big spells.
- Running reduced regen maps is kind of a pain, but if you don't turn on Blood Rage it's not an issue.
- If you want to be more defensive, consider replacing Zealotry or Hatred with Grace, and running a Jade flask. It's significantly less damage, but you're already destroying T16s anyway if you're just looking to level up.
- There are versions that do not use Prism Guardian, invest more in block, and run Aegis Aurora. That's a lot tankier, so just an option to consider.
- For a more defensive large cluster jewel, consider replacing one of the notables with Blast Freeze. As soon as you hit one enemy, you freeze everything in front of you.

Misc Notes:

- You cannot run reflect maps. No regen maps are really annoying and I re-roll them.
- Resistances are annoying to come buy on this build; so you may need to use some resistance jewels until you can afford better rings.
- Before getting tailwind + CDR boots, I was just running the Stampede for smoothness.
- Frenzy charges on bosses: Anomalous blood rage. Worth every penny.
- Mjolner vs Cospri: I switched to Cospri because it's really hard to get your attack speed close to the 10.1 APS you need to maximize your damage.
- Onslaught generation: Support gem in your Cospri or Mjolner, or if you have Anomalous Blood Rage, you can use Rotgut. With max duration and no quality, Rotgut gives you 100% uptime on Onslaught if you craft "reuse at end of flask effect".
- Power charge generation: Support gem in your Cospri or Mjolner.
- Hydrosphere: Really good if you're running Mjolner for the chaining and exposure. At my level of investment, a second EoW is comparable DPS.
- Replica Conqueror's Efficiency: If you can't get enough -mana cost, consider this. The only time I really feel mana issues is when I'm spinning a ton and my CWDT molten shell doesn't activate.
- I'm not sure if Divergent Eye of Winter does anything? The DPS "feels" better but I can't really tell. Again, Eye of Winter DPS is hard to calculate.
- Pantheons are Brine King and Tukohama / Yugul.
- With Cyclopean Coil, make sure INT > STR > DEX to get shock and ignite immunities.

What order would I upgrade things from a budget version:

- Whatever it takes to get to 100% crit chance without flasks. Cluster jewels make a huge difference.
- EoW frequency enchant helmet.
- Watcher's Eye - lots of options, pick whatever works for you.
- Get to the first breakpoint for CoC with 15% CDR boots.
- Unnatural Instinct. Comparatively cheap this league and does a ton for you.
- Get to the second berakpoint for CoC with Awakened CoC 5/20 and CDR boots, as long as you can get close to 10.1 APS.
- Anomalous Blood Rage for consistency of frenzies vs bosses.
- Crit Multi jewels. As many crit multi jewels as you can fit in.
- Bottled Faith.
- Shaper rings with cold damage against chilled enemies. One also needs Assassin's Mark.
- Stop spending currency on this build.

interrodactyl fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Dec 3, 2021

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
not having einhar next to map device lol

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

interrodactyl posted:

CoC EoW Inquisitor is the build of the league for me.

Excellent post, thanks. I wrote the following before realizing that viridian jewels can roll 12% accuracy, so that's probably actually my answer. But in the spirit of learning, prior to unnatural instinct nabbing you the 36% accuracy down by Scion, do you have any tips about maxing accuracy? My currently theorycraft PoB has 2,907 accuracy for a 99% chance to hit with lvl 21 Precision in Prism Guardian, but I can't really see many good places to grab percent accuracy. I'm honestly going to have to consider whether grabbing a few nodes in the Galvanic Hammer cluster makes sense.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Delve starts at seven, voting at eight, gently caress!

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

who's ready for endless cum

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

pork never goes bad posted:

Excellent post, thanks. I wrote the following before realizing that viridian jewels can roll 12% accuracy, so that's probably actually my answer. But in the spirit of learning, prior to unnatural instinct nabbing you the 36% accuracy down by Scion, do you have any tips about maxing accuracy? My currently theorycraft PoB has 2,907 accuracy for a 99% chance to hit with lvl 21 Precision in Prism Guardian, but I can't really see many good places to grab percent accuracy. I'm honestly going to have to consider whether grabbing a few nodes in the Galvanic Hammer cluster makes sense.

I spec'd into the Precision node on the left side of the tree earlier on, but you can also just get more Int because shaper's touch will give you +4 accuracy per 2 Int. It stretches your rings more but that's up to you.

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
Anyone looking for a quick endless delve loot filter:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/r74a4d/endless_delve_2021_lootfilter/

Now to figure out what I want to do

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Endless hype for my endless enthusiasm for bad builds and crappy youtubering.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Yvev2pJEyM
Endless events build compilation
Enjoy my accent, if you do not wish to suffer listening to it - CC added.

Erulisse fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Dec 3, 2021

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
someone tell me what to edelve with

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

interrodactyl posted:

CoC EoW Inquisitor

great writeup. coc is the best gem of all time and its always cool to see a maxed out version since everything has to be so meticulously balanced

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

theshim posted:

someone tell me what to edelve with
animate weapon

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Ghostlight posted:

animate weapon

Aren't you still banned from this thread Rutibex?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

whypick1 posted:

Aren't you still banned from this thread Rutibex?

Animate Weapon was absolutely bonkers in 3.16 with that buff to United in Dream (I was doing 20mil with complete poo poo gear), but I don't think there's any way to get that item in delve.

What would be a delve build for laziest and/or least button presses? One of the guides suggested RF Inquisitor, that sounds nice if I can just AFK at each node.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Vortex plus phasing and you can just run around until everything else stops moving.

Comedy option: flickerstrike with your button taped down

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
I think I'm going to go with skellingtons of some description. It's been a couple of seasons since my last minion build, and I remember it being easy street in Delve. If it works, great. If it doesn't that's fine too.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Skellies should be good, I'd look up what sort of spectres are good because you won't ge able to get apes or curse bots

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

Zenithe posted:

Skellies should be good, I'd look up what sort of spectres are good because you won't ge able to get apes or curse bots

Good call. I was using delve spectres for my VD/DD build, but for max HP rather than damage/buffs, so I'll see if I can find a list for buffs.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I enjoy that Krangled is now a semi-official GGG term

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Cactuar lives once again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm sort of curious to test how much heal on hit taken you can get with a Thousand Teeth setup. I don't think there's even the slightest chance of a build potential here but this is the league where you can get the highest values on Reflect (Contempt + Corruption + Scourge) so the cap should be somewhat high and unaffected by map mods. Idk, just trying stuff.