Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
Until the DCCC's 2 cent tweet I hadn't seen how bad Biden blew up the price of gas lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

sexpig by night posted:

I actually forgot, what was his deal, like, he was your cool stepdad that only diddled you once or something?

child in a man's body. i remember one story was him visiting a factory and riding the conveyor belt then going out for ice cream or some poo poo. it was obviously meant to make him endearing.

i will also never forget someone on here describing him as "your mom's ex-boyfriend that she almost married"

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

lmao

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

ram dass in hell posted:

plz continue to succsplain to me, I love it

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

500 good dogs posted:

Until the DCCC's 2 cent tweet I hadn't seen how bad Biden blew up the price of gas lol

lol it's $5/gal here, paying $3/gal would be a dream

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Azathoth posted:

remember back in 2016 when the onion had a whole gimmick for him like they did for biden because they were so sure he was gonna be the next vp?

missed that one. all I know is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o10xcWo2k04

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

In 30 years Democrats will be arguing on the internet about how selfish the left is for not being willing to suck the cocks of Democratic members of Congress.

"So you're really saying that 10 minutes of you feeling a little uncomfortable is more important than the lives that will be ruined by Republicans? You, a white man, care so little for the marginalized that you're not even willing to put Chris Coons' penis in your mouth for a few minutes?"

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Azathoth posted:

i was legit considering removing it out of epilepsy concerns. i dunno much about that but a quick google search doesn't give me any info about how i can check if an image is actually harmful or just annoying

As a sufferer myself (albeit not that photosensitive, but enough where I get headaches and might cause me issues later), it's... not triggering for that. But it is loving annoying, so... wash.

The purest way that this falls apart is, for me, Sharice Davids. Because you're a native american lesbian who's against Medical 4 All. On what planet do you represent your community. You don't, unless the only community you consider yourself a part of "rich motherfuckers." Second best example being Hillary Clinton shunning endorsing Cynthia Nixon so she could give it to Andrew Cuomo instead, lol. It rocks that people still pine for her presidency on the Twit.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

This is racist as hell lol

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Shipon posted:

might not look like it at first but this is the most racist you can get without dropping a hard-r or soft-a, some real "noble savage" poo poo going on in her head

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Grey Fox posted:

edit: now I'm thinking a bit too much about the implications of White House staff thinking the media is actually reporting that everything is fixed and they all did great

The sort of people running the DCCC Twitter account are basically all failchildren who got do-nothing jobs through nepotism. They are not exactly intelligent people.

To be fair, "well-off woman lawyer" is a demographic that is genuinely represented by the Democratic Party. So she isn't wrong.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Probably Magic posted:

As a sufferer myself (albeit not that photosensitive, but enough where I get headaches and might cause me issues later), it's... not triggering for that. But it is loving annoying, so... wash.

The purest way that this falls apart is, for me, Sharice Davids. Because you're a native american lesbian who's against Medical 4 All. On what planet do you represent your community. You don't, unless the only community you consider yourself a part of "rich motherfuckers." Second best example being Hillary Clinton shunning endorsing Cynthia Nixon so she could give it to Andrew Cuomo instead, lol. It rocks that people still pine for her presidency on the Twit.

She's from suburban Johnson county she represents it well

She's Leawood through and through

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Probably Magic posted:

i appreciate you letting me know. i think i'm gonna blank it on "i loving hate seeing that" reasons then

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh look, another poll that proves how stupid American voters are and how they make every decision based on vague gut feelings rather than any kind of reality. Joy.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
saying "Joy." like that should catch a probe on sight

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

spacemang_spliff posted:

She's from suburban Johnson county she represents it well

She's Leawood through and through

It's amazing how many people I knew from Olathe or Overland Park I just absolutely had to ditch after last year. So many people my age urging people to volunteer for loving Joe Biden, like, what are you doing with your life.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Stringent posted:

saying "Joy." like that should catch a probe on sight

not if the mods agree that the stupid proles deserve naught but scorn

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Jesus loving Christ, this is all so god damned stupid. I'm not suggesting that the Democrats don't have to do something about it rather than complaining, but I'm just a guy on a dead comedy forum so I'm going to complain. Since when are "help wanted" signs a signal of a bad economy???? 90% of loving economic policy over my entire loving lifetime has been about getting there to be more "help wanted" signs! JOBS JOBS JOBS, right? What the actual gently caress is going on?

I think people just feel like absolute poo poo and we're blaming it on "the economy" when it's actually our rotten culture and a deadly disease that are ruining our lives, not "the economy", but our political culture has given us no way to say "everybody sucks, everything sucks and I'm afraid of dying" except "the economy is bad."

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/TheTNHoller/status/1466527087414501378

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Man DND is loving stupid. Serves me right for posting there

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

sexpig by night posted:

not if the mods agree that the stupid proles deserve naught but scorn

no i don't care about their ideological position i specifically mean "Joy." in any context

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
School bussing is terrible in reality because it means the most disadvantaged kids are spending 2 hours on the bus twice a day anyway

edit: to go to a racist white school whose good outcomes won't apply to someone who isn't rich and white and a legacy at wherever anyway!

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

Jesus loving Christ, this is all so god damned stupid. I'm not suggesting that the Democrats don't have to do something about it rather than complaining, but I'm just a guy on a dead comedy forum so I'm going to complain. Since when are "help wanted" signs a signal of a bad economy???? 90% of loving economic policy over my entire loving lifetime has been about getting there to be more "help wanted" signs! JOBS JOBS JOBS, right? What the actual gently caress is going on?

I think people just feel like absolute poo poo and we're blaming it on "the economy" when it's actually our rotten culture and a deadly disease that are ruining our lives, not "the economy", but our political culture has given us no way to say "everybody sucks, everything sucks and I'm afraid of dying" except "the economy is bad."

Help wanted signs are bad because that means people aren't toiling hard enough for Lord Number

:capitalism:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

what on god's green and bountiful earth is this person talking about

yeah, all those pictures of depression-era america with the help wanted signs out? that was good!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
D&D has finally come around to Joe and agrees that those black kids shouldn't have been integrated to begin with

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

It's the petty-bourgeois consciousness that's baked into the soil of the country, aided and abetted by liberals who agree with it but don't understand that it makes their politics impossible. People identify as a temporarily embarrassed small business owner no matter what their actual circumstances are

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/wvville/status/1466425038886903808
https://twitter.com/wvville/status/1466425641427996686

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Probably Magic posted:

what on god's green and bountiful earth is this person talking about

yeah, all those pictures of depression-era america with the help wanted signs out? that was good!

they're literally too stupid to understand that 'politicians talking about jobs' and 'people being gainfully employed' aren't the same, so they think if a store needs ten people to do the work of fifty people for the price of one person that actually means things are great.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Man, remember the 90s, the last time many of us remember an even halfway functioning economy? Remember all the Help Wanted signs that were out? Like, every storefront, Help Wanted. A Very Real Thing.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
If someone is the type of person to swallow GOP's insane lies about CRT, they have no better nature to appeal to. That's just who they are.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
it's interesting how this logic never applies to, say, 'anyone who's the type of person to swallow the MIC's insane lies about Iraq or Russia or China or whatever' being inherently evil humans not worthy of, say, voting for...

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You think I'm pissed at "leftists?" I'm pissed because I'm sick of seeing people who are more-leftist-than-thou in this thread gleefully crap on the notion that the Democratic Party might fix something when the reality is if they don't then the situation is hopeless. All the alternatives to the Democratic Party doing something about this problem are a loving fever dream. I get mad about things any sane person should get mad about and told how anger isn't productive or I'm spewing hyperbole, but I guess bemusement at our societal charnel house is totally moving things forward. The political nihilism in this thread is more pervasive than in some C-SPAM threads.

The mocking phrase "things can't get better," is used to deride people who still hope that the Democratic Party and the American Political System can produce good outcomes, but I think the self-proclaimed true leftists are the ones that don't believe things can get better, because every time they get worse they just crack jokes about the Dems being useless or intentionally complicit controlled opposition and then either ease back into their baseless hopes of cross-party worker solidarity or continue the wait for Climate Change to bring our extinction because its already too late. I'm loving tired of it. Of all the things to just roll into your grooves on, Roe being eliminated is one that I actually hoped there might be a little bit of empathy over. Instead its more of the same poo poo.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Catpetter1981 posted:

You think I'm pissed at "leftists?" I'm pissed because I'm sick of seeing people who are more-leftist-than-thou in this thread gleefully crap on the notion that the Democratic Party might fix something when the reality is if they don't then the situation is hopeless. All the alternatives to the Democratic Party doing something about this problem are a loving fever dream. I get mad about things any sane person should get mad about and told how anger isn't productive or I'm spewing hyperbole, but I guess bemusement at our societal charnel house is totally moving things forward. The political nihilism in this thread is more pervasive than in some C-SPAM threads.

The mocking phrase "things can't get better," is used to deride people who still hope that the Democratic Party and the American Political System can produce good outcomes, but I think the self-proclaimed true leftists are the ones that don't believe things can get better, because every time they get worse they just crack jokes about the Dems being useless or intentionally complicit controlled opposition and then either ease back into their baseless hopes of cross-party worker solidarity or continue the wait for Climate Change to bring our extinction because its already too late. I'm loving tired of it. Of all the things to just roll into your grooves on, Roe being eliminated is one that I actually hoped there might be a little bit of empathy over. Instead its more of the same poo poo.

this is a great example of how they start from the logic of "All the alternatives to the Democratic Party doing something about this problem are a loving fever dream" and work backward from there

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Catpetter1981 posted:

new copypasta just dropped

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
capitalizing 'American Political System' is some real pervert poo poo

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Catpetter1981 posted:

The political nihilism in this thread is more pervasive than in some C-SPAM threads.

its interesting to see the logical gap as to what the source of the nihilism really is coming from

(it's the democrats, they radiate it, violently.)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lastgirl posted:

its interesting to see the logical gap as to what the source of the nihilism really is coming from

(it's the democrats, they radiate it, violently.)

yea it genuinely is kinda funny to get called a 'doomer' by the guys who think like 40% of the country is inherently evil, inhuman, monsters who want to do genocide and because of that we can only ever hope for scraps at best from the ruling class.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Probably Magic posted:

It's amazing how many people I knew from Olathe or Overland Park I just absolutely had to ditch after last year. So many people my age urging people to volunteer for loving Joe Biden, like, what are you doing with your life.

I knew fuckin Pete stans lol

If anyone wants to know what Pete's base would look like just Google Johnson county Kansas

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

This is definitely founded in reality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

spacemang_spliff posted:

I knew fuckin Pete stans lol

If anyone wants to know what Pete's base would look like just Google Johnson county Kansas

i think a mayo pete presidential campaign would be a good exercise for the democratic party because it would serve to find out what the absolute floor for black voter support would be