Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Cowslips Warren posted:

I remember reading a study about why kids, ranging from toddlers to teens, act out when they get home from school/daycare: after a full day of being as good as possible, they snap and need to vent, and for kids, that usually is a tantrum or being short and snappy.

Anyone else have that issue when you get off work? You need some time to unwind, and driving home doesn't count. I've noticed in the past few weeks that when I get home, I need like 15 minutes after my evening chores to chill out. Shower, eat something, check the forums, and then I can actually talk like myself. My mom, bless her heart, likes to yammer on the second I walk in the house, wanting me to wait for her to finish her speech of the day (she works from home), and then is surprised when my answers are short and snappy because despite me telling her I need some time to relax, the Facebook Baby Yoda memes must been laughed at.

Yeah, I know this feeling.

My dad, likewise, never grasped the need to cool down after a day of work, and if I met him immediately after I was off work, when I was still in the "shut down brain functions, acquire calories"-part of getting off work, I had a real hard time participating in a conversation sensibly unless it's something that demanded immediate attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013

Cowslips Warren posted:

I remember reading a study about why kids, ranging from toddlers to teens, act out when they get home from school/daycare: after a full day of being as good as possible, they snap and need to vent, and for kids, that usually is a tantrum or being short and snappy.

Anyone else have that issue when you get off work? You need some time to unwind, and driving home doesn't count. I've noticed in the past few weeks that when I get home, I need like 15 minutes after my evening chores to chill out. Shower, eat something, check the forums, and then I can actually talk like myself. My mom, bless her heart, likes to yammer on the second I walk in the house, wanting me to wait for her to finish her speech of the day (she works from home), and then is surprised when my answers are short and snappy because despite me telling her I need some time to relax, the Facebook Baby Yoda memes must been laughed at.

Yeah 100%
When I did this full time I just felt mentally exhausted and needed to chill at home listening to tunes or something. I remember every shift would just play out in my mind on repeat on the way home where I'd fantasise about saying what I wanted to say instead of being polite to my store manager.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Absolutely. I satisfy this by going out to the smoke pit out in the front of the building (despite not smoking) and joining the post-work bitchfest there. Everyone's tired and pissed and using each other to unwind there.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Cowslips Warren posted:

Hells bells, are you me? When I was working and caring for my mom, she did the exact same thing. I love my mom, but that poo poo drove me nuts.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

:lol: at the audacity of this gently caress: https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/food-drink/127161907/the-sausage-rolls-that-turned-me-into-an-excustomer

Some Boomer posted:

When I told you there were no sausage rolls, you just shrugged. I said to you, “Well, if it’s not a problem for you, it’s not a problem for me. You have just lost a customer.”

You looked blank. I got my coffee a few minutes later, and as I left I said to you, “I was serious about not coming here again. You have lost a good customer because of your attitude.” You looked blank again.

Good customer service these days requires you to at least look as though you care. You didn’t pass that elementary test.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Yeah, that worker is a loving champ, imagine the self-restraint required to be apathetic to this motherfucker when what is really needed is for him to be rent limb from limb and left in a slowly-clotting pile as a warning to others.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Ohno what if we lose too many good customers and stop being profitable and I'm not the owner or a shareholder you contemptible twit

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
In Wobegonmart all the customers are Good Customers, but what we really need are normal customers. Gods, how much better any retail business would be with a strictly enforced Normal Customers Only policy

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013
I love that side-eye glance the customer gives you as you spot them walking into the store to pickup some things.

Always after raging out the day before, "I'm never shopping here again" .They say it as a threat but you feel nothing but a wave of relief.
It's short lived because you know like everything they've said before it they're full of poo poo.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Once again this guy has all your thought summed up

https://youtu.be/P7KBcsdPhxA

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Lmao

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Oh no, please don’t make yourself a competitor’s problem! How can we survive without you being 90% of our daily problems?!

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?

Preechr posted:

Oh no, please don’t make yourself a competitor’s problem! How can we survive without you being 90% of our daily problems?!

Whenever a customer was completely impossible to get rid of because they wouldn't accept that we didn't have the special part they needed, I'd always tell them a store ten minutes away almost certainly had it. I eventually got some of my coworkers to start doing the same thing, too. I bet that store loving hated us.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?
People have no idea how much of a non-threat "I'M NEVER SHOPPING HERE AGAIN!!!!1" really is.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Fighting Trousers posted:

People have no idea how much of a non-threat "I'M NEVER SHOPPING HERE AGAIN!!!!1" really is.

Don't threaten me with a good time.

It was one of my favourite things for customers to do because A) they're loving off and B) I can shrug and go "okay" and no-sell their threat and watch them have no actual response to that.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

PurpleXVI posted:

Whenever a customer was completely impossible to get rid of because they wouldn't accept that we didn't have the special part they needed, I'd always tell them a store ten minutes away almost certainly had it. I eventually got some of my coworkers to start doing the same thing, too. I bet that store loving hated us.

Did you look in the back? Try looking again!

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Fighting Trousers posted:

My favorite part of this for my store is that our nearest competition is an hour drive away.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:

spankmeister posted:

Did you look in the back? Try looking again!

Thanks for the free break, Jerk Customer! :thumbsup:

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013

PurpleXVI posted:

You are a monster. I've rung a mate at a local store before to specifically tell their team to gently caress off or give me a call before they send me dogshit customers looking for stock I don't have.
"You can see the stock count for every local store in the area. Just because everyone is on 0 or -1 and I have 1 does not mean I actually have it. It would've been stolen long ago"

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
The best part is, that guy is exactly the guy who is going to keep shopping at that petrol station. He likes their coffee, their sausage roll, and they're convenient. He's not a guy who will drive two extra minutes or pass up that coffee and roll. He's just gonna bitch about it. Hell, he's the kind of guy who could have exaggerated the whole thing out of them being out of his treat twice in a year, no interaction needed.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

ErKeL posted:

You are a monster. I've rung a mate at a local store before to specifically tell their team to gently caress off or give me a call before they send me dogshit customers looking for stock I don't have.
"You can see the stock count for every local store in the area. Just because everyone is on 0 or -1 and I have 1 does not mean I actually have it. It would've been stolen long ago"

Oh no, I mean, other franchises entirely. If it's another store in the chain I always called and checked if they actually had the item before I sent the customer on, especially if it's a long drive.

PitViper
May 25, 2003

Welcome and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart!
I love you!
"Sorry, the supplier is out of that particular tire."

"Well can you order it? My tires are unsafe!"

"No, out as in they have no stock. There's none available."

"Well I'll just go somewhere else then!"

(repeat 1000x over the next week as every loving person who's lived in snow country for their whole lives waits until loving December and the first big snowfall to replace their bald tires. ANd surprise, if the supplier is out, nobody else can order the loving thing either.)

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013

PurpleXVI posted:

Oh no, I mean, other franchises entirely. If it's another store in the chain I always called and checked if they actually had the item before I sent the customer on, especially if it's a long drive.
Oh that's completely fair then. I do the same. Customers loving love me when I tell them to visit a competitor. It's apparently very honourable to offer solutions outside ones that would make the business money.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Holiday hours are out! Midnight closing from now until Christmas Eve for some godforsaken reason.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

PitViper posted:

"Sorry, the supplier is out of that particular tire."

"Well can you order it? My tires are unsafe!"

"No, out as in they have no stock. There's none available."

"Well I'll just go somewhere else then!"

(repeat 1000x over the next week as every loving person who's lived in snow country for their whole lives waits until loving December and the first big snowfall to replace their bald tires. ANd surprise, if the supplier is out, nobody else can order the loving thing either.)

With the chip shortage, I don’t know what surprises me more.

The majority of my customers are both not surprised that all phones are back ordered, but are mostly pretty chill about it. I already have stuff shipping for January , so it won’t get there for Christmas, but I don’t get a lot of “why can’t I get it by Christmas” poo poo.

On the flip side, I get a small number of people who, when I tell them it’s backordered 4 weeks, go “oh, well can I get one in store?” (I work in a call center). Like….no , if it’s back ordered 4 weeks , they aren’t gonna send the phones to the stores, they’re gonna send them to the people that already pre ordered the phones. Some people like, don’t believe me on this and still are like “yeah I’ll swing by a store.” I’m just like lol ok.

Sonic Dude
May 6, 2009

Duckman2008 posted:

Some people like, don’t believe me on this and still are like “yeah I’ll swing by a store.” I’m just like lol ok.

I absolutely guarantee their interaction at the store begins with “Duckman2008 told me they’re out of them over the phone but you’d have one to sell me.”

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Oh. Great.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I thought half the internet was acting strange last night

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009
Yep, it apparently knocked out dayshift entirely in my building. Pick was just not running at all until after 1st break on nights either.

Eventually everything seemed to be working, except my ticket queue which insisted I hadn't resolved any tickets all shift.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Yeah, the AWS outage knocked out PrintMe so one of the options for our self-serve copiers was broken.

Enos Shenk
Nov 3, 2011

ErKeL posted:

Always after raging out the day before, "I'm never shopping here again" .They say it as a threat but you feel nothing but a wave of relief.
It's short lived because you know like everything they've said before it they're full of poo poo.

Last year we had a lady that bought a table and chair set, and one of the chairs was hosed. Okay, no problem, it happens. We didn't have any more chairs, but one of my coworkers picked one up on transfer from another store in town. Called the lady, she doesn't answer, we leave a voicemail that her replacement chair is here.

Nobody sees her for a month or two, until she comes in when I'm opening MOD and starts screaming asking where her chair is. I had mostly been on the sidelines for the whole thing, but I remember seeing the chair for her sitting around and asking about it. So I try to calm her down, we have your chair here, no problem. Actually we have two, since they're sold as a pair. Since we're giving her one SKU worth of product anyway I just say gently caress it and give her both hoping it will chill her out. "gently caress you, I'm never shopping here again!"

I see her shopping at least once every month. I make sure to always warn my cashiers about her whenever she's in.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Toraen posted:

Yep, it apparently knocked out dayshift entirely in my building. Pick was just not running at all until after 1st break on nights either.

Eventually everything seemed to be working, except my ticket queue which insisted I hadn't resolved any tickets all shift.

Entirety of my building's Days was knocked offline as well. To the point that to keep everyone here (on the off chance everything came online) they had karaoke and dance parties at my warehouse until they let days go home 2 hours early.

Everything came back about 2 hours into night shift and we were left cleaning up everything while trying to push as much Christmas stuff through as well

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
"No sitting down [the head of LP] is always watching."
I hope that fat fucker is watching when/if my knee gives out after 5 straight 8 hour days of standing and bending and walking and reaching and all the other movement I gotta do in the fitting room.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Every now and then, something will pop up at Amazon that works its way past my jaded exterior and makes me go "Huh". Today it was a stainless steel fidget spinner butt plug with emojis. I'm very sad I didn't snap a picture of it because Amazon refuses to bring up the picture. Amazon will autofill "fidget spinner butt pluģ with emojis" for me, with or without the accent over the "g", but it will not actually show me the stainless steel fidget spinner butt plug with emojis to show to my friends so we can all laugh.

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009
Sortable FCs have all the fun :(

Maybe when AWS fully recovers the picture will show up? There were still alerts about some stuff being at reduced capacity.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
So at the risk of making you type up a ton, what are the positions that flake out of Amazon warehouses fast? Packers, drivers, etc?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

For your own survival: don't be a Last Mile driver. Just...don't.

I think the position that people are most likely to just walk off the job at my site, especially in their first month or two of employment, is inbound shipdock.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Alkydere posted:

For your own survival: don't be a Last Mile driver. Just...don't.

But enough about being a city or rural letter carrier for USPS.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Alkydere posted:

Every now and then, something will pop up at Amazon that works its way past my jaded exterior and makes me go "Huh". Today it was a stainless steel fidget spinner butt plug with emojis. I'm very sad I didn't snap a picture of it because Amazon refuses to bring up the picture. Amazon will autofill "fidget spinner butt pluģ with emojis" for me, with or without the accent over the "g", but it will not actually show me the stainless steel fidget spinner butt plug with emojis to show to my friends so we can all laugh.

If you haven't bookmarked the Things I've seen at work thread, you owe it to yourself to take a look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Volmarias posted:

If you haven't bookmarked the Things I've seen at work thread, you owe it to yourself to take a look.

Captain Invictus posted:

a box of 500 live ladybugs with a huge hole in it, and a conspicuous lack of ladybugs

:laffo: