Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I clipped this really cool team fight where OG really popped off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCX_N3P9EpA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
awful showing from iceiceice and sumail today. New OG popped the gently caress off. Taiga's gambit looks like will pay off after choosing to leave liquid

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The REAL Goobusters posted:

awful showing from iceiceice and sumail today. New OG popped the gently caress off. Taiga's gambit looks like will pay off after choosing to leave liquid

did he choose to leave or was he kicked

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

did he choose to leave or was he kicked

He was definitely kicked based on the tweets that went out

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Based on the Cap/Blitz podcast, he offered himself up to leave Liquid on his own.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I guess we'll never know

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

lol

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Well they picked pudge for zai so I already like this version of Liquid

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Man those Secret games yesterday sure were wild, let's see what Liquid does today.
:dogstare:

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

lagidnam posted:

Man those Secret games yesterday sure were wild, let's see what Liquid does today.
:dogstare:

dumpster cool guys with 2x 25m ggs

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
What's with this schedule for DPC though? Only 5 matches played per week over 4 weeks? That seemed oddly spaced out

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Centzon Totochtin posted:

What's with this schedule for DPC though? Only 5 matches played per week over 4 weeks? That seemed oddly spaced out

In the past, they frontloaded a whole region into a week and the downtime between region and LAN drove players crazy. Last season, they did I think 1 game per region per day and it ended up that teams also hated that since they only played one match a week. I think this is their most current attempt to compromise.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zurreco posted:

In the past, they frontloaded a whole region into a week and the downtime between region and LAN drove players crazy. Last season, they did I think 1 game per region per day and it ended up that teams also hated that since they only played one match a week. I think this is their most current attempt to compromise.

I'm fairly certain this is the same format they used last season

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

This ghost frogs VS chicken fighters game 1 is great if you want to see a Void Spirit AND Phantom Lancer getting hosed up

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

i just put an 8 in a liter

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I thought this was matumba lol

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

EorayMel posted:

This ghost frogs VS chicken fighters game 1 is great if you want to see a Void Spirit AND Phantom Lancer getting hosed up

You were saying?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

khysanth posted:

You were saying?

It wasn't wrong for the first 15 minutes :colbert:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

When you bring all 5 heroes to kill an isolated puck and you can't do anything

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007

This is the face I make when I get the urge to play dota and the queue pops before I remember to cancel searching for a game

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Sammyboy with a beard looks like a loving zaddy

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Moonmeander revealing they also tried to get Taiga but he ended up choosing OG. If taiga had joined he would've become the coach of Undying.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Moonmeander revealing they also tried to get Taiga but he ended up choosing OG. If taiga had joined he would've become the coach of Undying.

I clipped that part of his interview and put it on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEt0nBwwIHE

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Why does Gunnar keep running mid pos 3 Earth Spirit

Edit: to be fair, it’s working this game, I guess

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

rjmccall posted:

Why does Gunnar keep running mid pos 3 Earth Spirit

Edit: to be fair, it’s working this game, I guess

That's just how mid Earth Spirit works tbh. I think this style of mid/offlane farm distribution is going to be pretty common until a new patch comes in. Heroes like Doom and Timber are really popular and good right now and the scaling/farm heavy mid heroes are not so good. I would expect that's lots of teams are going to have their mid/offlane flex between who's getting more farm priority for most of the patch.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I want a meta with more different viable lane setups.

And also a midlane that isn't reliant on your ability to flashfarm small camps.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

I want a meta with more different viable lane setups.

And also a midlane that isn't reliant on your ability to flashfarm small camps.

I mean that's more or less the meta we're in. You're not really gonna pick a mid laner that can't farm the small camp at all but your Invokers and Earth Spirits and so on are all pretty viable right now.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
Do NOT accuse a Canadian of not having Christmas lights:

Gambit looking good again.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
new navi lost 2-0 to puckchamp

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012
Yep, and Fly's new team (Talon, stack with Gabbi, Mikoto, kpii and Hyde) lost to Polaris.

I thought before the tournament that Galaxy Racer and Ragdoll where the favorites so Polaris turning up as well is just insanely bad news for Fly and co. It's hard to say how good Polaris is because that team is pretty much entirely new.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Walh Hara posted:

Yep, and Fly's new team (Talon, stack with Gabbi, Mikoto, kpii and Hyde) lost to Polaris.

I thought before the tournament that Galaxy Racer and Ragdoll where the favorites so Polaris turning up as well is just insanely bad news for Fly and co. It's hard to say how good Polaris is because that team is pretty much entirely new.

it is in fact not remotely new and is more or less exactly the old team adroit, they are honestly the favorites for 1st in the region.

shades of blue fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Dec 3, 2021

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
talon's win was a stomp which always seems like a good sign for the losing team's potential

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Love to see Fly lose, so that's fun

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012

Sampatrick posted:

it is in fact not remotely new and is more or less exactly the old team adroit, they are honestly the favorites for 1st in the region.

Oh you're right, I was confused by the tag change.

edit: uhm, I double checked and I don't see this adroit team in any of the recent tournaments?
https://liquipedia.net/dota2/Dota_Pro_Circuit/2021/2/Southeast_Asia/Lower_Division
https://liquipedia.net/dota2/Mineski_Masters/2021
https://liquipedia.net/dota2/BTS/Pro_Series/9/Southeast_Asia
https://liquipedia.net/dota2/BTS/Pro_Series/8/Southeast_Asia
https://liquipedia.net/dota2/BTS/Pro_Series/7/Southeast_Asia
https://liquipedia.net/dota2/PNXBET_Invitationals/Southeast_Asia/3

Like, I can easily believe that there was an Adroit team similar to the current Polaris team, but I'm not sure why they would be favorites considering they haven't participated in any recent tournaments?

Walh Hara fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Dec 3, 2021

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Walh Hara posted:

Like, I can easily believe that there was an Adroit team similar to the current Polaris team, but I'm not sure why they would be favorites considering they haven't participated in any recent tournaments?

The players split when the org went under but all of them played on SEA Div 1 teams last season (TNC, Omega, Neon)

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah it’s wild that Fly is literally in arguably the hardest dpc region outside of China. The div2 teams there are full of killers

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Today's games make Spirit the first team since Liquid to win TI then both 1) make no lineup changes and 2) participate in the first available major event

I think only IG, Alliance, Liquid, and Spirit have done this, although it's a bit hard to define what was a major event in the early seasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Spirit look really good as well. It’s been a long time since a TI winner looks good post TI.

OG had 2 years back to back just going back to being a poo poo team when it wasn’t ti season