Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Yeah, Titania absolutely destroys in steel path, you just throw on Viral, Lethal Momentum and some crit chance/damage and go to town. Arcane Pistoleer is also very good if you can get headshots, a fully ranked one will let your guns not consume ammo for 12 seconds.

Her big weakness is AoE, as shredding through guys 1 at a time, or even 2 if you can find some punch through is still slower than just blowing up 10+ per shot with a Kuva Zarr. This really only matters in Interception and defense/mobile defense solo. Her 3 and can slow guys down enough if you can use it in a choke point though. Razorflies randomly aggro enemies too.

Also bring energy restores, you don't wanna run out of energy and you want to keep your buffs up (at least the thorns and dust) , and occasionally drop out of Razorwing to refresh your razorflies. They're helpful but tend to die quickly.

also, you can dodge 75% of bullets and take half damage, but you still aren't tanky. Watch out for grenades and other explosions

A Moose fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Dec 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
You can also refresh razorflies by punching the souls out of enemies with her 2 (thorns gives DR equal to the reflect amount these days so it's much handier.)

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Maxed Vauban and Wukong prime, got Nekros baking.

At mr8 should I even be hunting for other particular frames? So far Excalibur and Vauban have been my faves, the former as a melee blender and the latter for the crowd abilities.

Edit- and I take back everything I said about Atomos, with some mods on it and practice it’s a hoot

the yeti fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Dec 2, 2021

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Get all the frames. You might like Protea if you liked Vauban. Atlas is another one you might dig if a giant punchy rock man is your jam. Nova is also a great frame to have in your back pocket.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

You’ve probably already done this but the Tenno Lab at the dojo has some excellent frames that remain useful throughout the game, and Volt.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Prop Wash posted:

You’ve probably already done this but the Tenno Lab at the dojo has some excellent frames that remain useful throughout the game, and Volt.

I think I’ve looked though most of the dojo blueprints but serious choice paralysis there :shobon:

Echophonic posted:

Get all the frames. You might like Protea if you liked Vauban. Atlas is another one you might dig if a giant punchy rock man is your jam. Nova is also a great frame to have in your back pocket.

Atlas does seem cool — Rhino + Hek was extremely satisfying but I didn’t care for most of his abilities, Atlas might be more to my liking. Plus immune to knockdown.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

the yeti posted:

I think I’ve looked though most of the dojo blueprints but serious choice paralysis there :shobon:

Get Wukong. Trust me.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Psss
get zephyr :birddrugs:

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
If you ever found yourself frustrated by parkour challenges, get Titania. She points and laughs at level geometry.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Very rarely I start to miss the old original movement where the parkour stuff was actually more integrated and part of the challenge. But then I also remember how stiff and unresponsive it was and also helicoptering so nope.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

mmm gimmicking infinite wall climbing. Some new tile sets that really push current parkour skills would be cool, parts of the new jupiter tiles come a bit close but also I get the feeling those could be a little intimidating for new players and they almost encourage simply op'ing around them.

I'm thinking Nyx or Valkyr for New War. Nyx removes defenses at a whim and her delux skin is still one of my favorite in the game, but Valkyr has maximum angry.

Everyone is all about helminthing on Gloom these days, and it is dummy good, but I bet Xata's Whisper sees a significant uptick for the upcoming update. That's a solid pick for tons of sentient content, like Guilty pointed out last page.

As for dojo blueprints you'll want a Nezha and Wukong eventually, and while the Lenz has been outclassed it's still hilarious when you first pick it up. Energy restores also remain pretty useful. There's lots of energy generating options these days and that just gets more and more true the deeper into the game and the higher mr you get. But eventually you'll have tons of excess resources and being able to pulse out 100 energy at the press of a button can be real handy sometimes; immediately top off at the beginning of a mission, spam two or three at once immediately after a magnetic proc (eidolons and profit taker), feeding brand new players, etc.

e: also re Titania, I pitch this idea too much for how not-broken it is but melee Titania is supremely lazy in the aiming department. It's not exactly aoe, and her Diwata (i think that's her melee's name) honestly isn't the best, aaand this requires throwing even more forma on Titania buuuut. Having a forma'd up Diwata built for attack speed and solid base elemental damage (it's status isn't that great) turns Titania into a blur that gets smeared across your screen with a couple stacks of razorwing blitz up. This buzzing melee blur has archwing seeking melee characteristics in normal missions. Outside of steel path, with melee bound to a free spinning mouse wheel, Titania's autotarget melee will simply drag her through rooms and hallways, whirlwinding through groups of enemies faster than you can recognize what's going on. It doesn't actually compete with dex pixia for damage output but it is really funny. Do not do this if you get motion sickness as your camera will slightly stuggle to keep up as it's yanked and jerked all over the place at lightning speed.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Dec 2, 2021

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I gotta make Nyx Prime. I remember not liking her back in the day, but seems like she is back in vogue.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Nyx shortcuts a lot of the absurd defenses some of the more recent enemies have and also a recent power rework has done good things, yes. I've hunted a lot of liches/sisters as nyx and it's generally pretty good; bolts are very powerful and her 4 with the aug is a nice buffer against rude damage spikes from enemies.

specifically,

quote:

Nyx’s Assimilate Augment now allows you to roll, similar to Mesa’s Waltz!

this solves a lot of minor repositioning issues I otherwise had when using the ability and it owns

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Mesadoram posted:

I gotta make Nyx Prime. I remember not liking her back in the day, but seems like she is back in vogue.

Mind control is actually useable now that it tethers to you. It's like having an army of mini wukongs that deal a bit less damage

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Guilty posted:

Mind control is actually useable now that it tethers to you. It's like having an army of mini wukongs that deal a bit less damage

That sounds terrifying. I must try it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Guilty posted:

Didn't they also change it so that mind-controlled enemies don't hinder wave completion for DEF?

I recall it being a hassle to have to drop MC, kill the dude and find a new target every round.

Nyx is seriously good but requires paying more attention than a lot of war crime frames.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

Didn't they also change it so that mind-controlled enemies don't hinder wave completion for DEF?

yeah you don't have to fool with this any more

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Prop Wash posted:

Nice Volt snipe. :)

Volt's not the most exciting frame outside of Eidolons but I did have some fun with this build https://overframe.gg/build/85197/volt-prime/shocked-and-shielded/ and 3 other people in the world seem to have agreed with me, somehow.

I was trying to get a general purpose Volt build instead of focusing on shields or speed or kill framing alone. It's still very fidgety, but if you're willing to pick up and carry shields it's quite viable. Discharge as pure emergency CC + shields refresh is pretty useful in general play - as opposed to an ESO killframe build, I mean.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Why do all the people who are bad at spy vaults always try to be the first one there? Or is it just griefing?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

A Moose posted:

Why do all the people who are bad at spy vaults always try to be the first one there? Or is it just griefing?

There's a lot of answers here but the right one is one step to the left of the question and it's "always do Spy missions solo"

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

DoombatINC posted:

There's a lot of answers here but the right one is one step to the left of the question and it's "always do Spy missions solo"

I was doing a spy void fissure, so it didn't fail the mission or anything but goddamn, it's not THAT hard

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

A Moose posted:

Hey, gotta learn somehow, and as long as it's not a sortie it doesn't matter that much.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

v1ld posted:

Nice Volt snipe. :)

Volt's not the most exciting frame outside of Eidolons but I did have some fun with this build https://overframe.gg/build/85197/volt-prime/shocked-and-shielded/ and 3 other people in the world seem to have agreed with me, somehow.

I was trying to get a general purpose Volt build instead of focusing on shields or speed or kill framing alone. It's still very fidgety, but if you're willing to pick up and carry shields it's quite viable. Discharge as pure emergency CC + shields refresh is pretty useful in general play - as opposed to an ESO killframe build, I mean.

I recently revisited my volt to do some random missions, and rejiggered him to a parkour build instead of sprint speed.

Its pretty nice, once you're used to like, other frames and want to go fast but are used to acrobatics.

I tried a speedvolt and it was just -lacking-. But, you throw some parkour mods on and he goes right back to being snappy.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
oh hey, volt chat

volt's been my main since closed beta and i've been running this setup pretty much since capacitance was introduced

works perfectly fine without the umbral/primed bullshit

the 250% range makes sharing speed work across really comfortable distances (entire segments basically unless they're really big), and makes discharge stunlock entire rooms and instantly recharge the entire groups shield to full purple even on grineer missions where nobody brought any corpro, making it an insanely good panic button

there's also enough duration that you can keep discharge running permanently even on elite onslaught, which enables perfect safety as long as you take care to reapply it when it expires, even in hard content. the shield also lasts like 30s and makes most bosses in the game a joke regardless of level. just stand behind it and spool your kohm lol

i've tried playing a bunch of other frames but none are as versatile and good feeling to me as volt. plus, people love speeding through maps

my only issue with it now is, i never use shock, but can't decide what to replace it with. protea's dispenser would make it even sillier from a teamplay/sustain perspective (even just with zenurik bubble you can keep up 100% discharge uptime already), but surely there has to be some kind of offensive skill i could take. maybe hildryn's pillage for stripping armor? idk

Truga fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Dec 3, 2021

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Thanks to road I really have my feet under me.

So I have aya, I brought the relics needed for Mesa Prime parts. Now I do void stuff to unlock them and hope the part I want comes up? And I need to upgrade it to give myself a better chance? Is it better when everyone has the same relic chosen to increase our chances? And is this dropping blueprints or the part itself?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

RBX posted:

Thanks to road I really have my feet under me.

So I have aya, I brought the relics needed for Mesa Prime parts. Now I do void stuff to unlock them and hope the part I want comes up? And I need to upgrade it to give myself a better chance? Is it better when everyone has the same relic chosen to increase our chances? And is this dropping blueprints or the part itself?

You do void fissures to open the relics, yes.

Upgrading a relic increases the chance for rare & uncommon parts, and decreases the chance for common parts. Upgrading uses Void Traces, which are obtained by doing Void Fissures (so you'll want to do runs for common parts you want first). You get void traces on collecting the 10th reactant in a run (6-30 traces, Radiant requires 100 traces), and 5 traces for each person who picks your reward at the end.

When you complete a fissure everyone in the group who managed to get 10 reactant rolls on their reward table (augmented if they've upgraded their relics). Anyone can pick any item anyone rolled. Because of this, your greatest odds for getting a specific rare/uncommon part will come from radshares (everyone with the same relic, upgraded to Radiant). You can find people doing radshares in the Recruitment tab of the in-game chat.

Warframe prime parts are blueprints that must be crafted. Weapon prime parts are obtained whole.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Dec 3, 2021

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Ok thanks! I've done quite a bit of them blind before this event and kinds figured out what was going on but wasn't exactly sure.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

A Moose posted:

I was doing a spy void fissure,

not gonna lie, this is the wildest poo poo I've ever read itt

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Goa Tse-tung posted:

not gonna lie, this is the wildest poo poo I've ever read itt
Theyre actually pretty fast if you split vaults, the problem is that outside of the railjack variant (which are longer anyway) the reactant drops get split up so much that half of the mission time is spent visiting other vaults just to get to 10.

but also i first read that as "lua spy fissure" and that wouldve been a real progamer move :getin:

Rynoto posted:

Very rarely I start to miss the old original movement where the parkour stuff was actually more integrated and part of the challenge.
You can kinda get a feeling for that if you run ropalyst (or a similarly long linear mission) in the newpiter gas city tileset. And boy do i see a lot of frustration out of newer players (who can't just cheese past everything with spoiler dashing) falling into pits.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Dec 3, 2021

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

A Moose posted:

The most surreal mission I ever was a part of was a Spy Sortie. The other three players all split off going to different vaults, and one of them was a Rhino, so you know, I 100% expected a crash and hack play.

Not one of them hosed it up. None of them even tripped an alarm. Smoothest spy mission I've ever seen.

Edit: On New War loadout, my quest setup has been what I've headcanoned what I had 'canonically' from the old war; Volt, Soma, Vasto, Nikana (since upgraded to primes, naturally). But man, I have just been vibing on Lavos since I got him. The way he plays just does it for me. Self heal, quick dashing, the ability to proc whatever the gently caress I want bascially whenever I want, and while it takes a little setup, his ult is not to be hosed with. And he's built like a brick shithouse.

His lore in the Leverian is also fantastic.

Rorac fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Dec 3, 2021

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

On top of all that Lavos goodness I'll echo others and say that he's become my main railjack frame, never worrying about energy for cluster missles is pretty nice. And like you point out he's more than hardy enough to easily survive even the highest tier rj missions.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I got a Nyx Prime cooking in the over right now. Kind of excited about giving her another go.

FunkyFjord posted:

On top of all that Lavos goodness I'll echo others and say that he's become my main railjack frame, never worrying about energy for cluster missles is pretty nice. And like you point out he's more than hardy enough to easily survive even the highest tier rj missions.

What build do you use for him? He never really clicked for me and I am more then certain it was a me thing and not a Lavos thing.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Rorac posted:

The most surreal mission I ever was a part of was a Spy Sortie. The other three players all split off going to different vaults, and one of them was a Rhino, so you know, I 100% expected a crash and hack play.

Not one of them hosed it up. None of them even tripped an alarm. Smoothest spy mission I've ever seen.

:c00lbert:

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
New nidus immortal skin looks good I think. Like a skinless nidus

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Baro has Primed Reach, Primed Pistol Gambit, and the 60/60 rifle heat mod. Really lovely guns, stalker beacon (force stalker to spawn). Those prime mods are pretty good, the 60/60 mod can be farmed from spy vaults (lol)

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Truga posted:

my only issue with it now is, i never use shock, but can't decide what to replace it with. protea's dispenser would make it even sillier from a teamplay/sustain perspective (even just with zenurik bubble you can keep up 100% discharge uptime already), but surely there has to be some kind of offensive skill i could take. maybe hildryn's pillage for stripping armor? idk

If you want to keep Shock, you could dump Umbral Vitality for Shock Trooper for Shock-based damage boosts. Shield gating + Capacitance to recharge shields quickly is pretty good at preventing health damage.

Shock Trooper and Smite Infusion are surprisingly beefy damage boosts.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

v1ld posted:

If you want to keep Shock, you could dump Umbral Vitality for Shock Trooper for Shock-based damage boosts. Shield gating + Capacitance to recharge shields quickly is pretty good at preventing health damage.

Shock Trooper and Smite Infusion are surprisingly beefy damage boosts.

You wanna be careful with Shock Trooper, it doesn't quite work like Saryn's augment, since Saryn's adds corrosive damage, a combined damage type. Shock trooper adds electric, which will combine with any single damage types people have on their weapons. Basically turn everyone's viral/heat weapons into viral/radiation. Some people get very mad about this, even in Hydron. So mad.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I would struggle to notice that in hydron

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Mesadoram posted:

I got a Nyx Prime cooking in the over right now. Kind of excited about giving her another go.

What build do you use for him? He never really clicked for me and I am more then certain it was a me thing and not a Lavos thing.

There's some investment involved, but with this he's got around 12000 EHP, before adaptation, and really the adaptation is optional, you can replace it with other things if you're so inclined, but man can he just take it like a champ if you include it. That said, I don't personally suggest tanking efficiency more than about that, since around 65% you get just about 1 second of cooldown per target hit if you use his 3, which feels just about right. With that much strength, his 4 becomes *stupid* strong if you prime a group of enemies with the Cedo (and it's pretty safe to jump in since they're going to be stunned by the electric proc). I'm talking millions of damage, I've even seen in the 10 million range on something with lots of health and a lot of status. Make sure to play with his elemental infusion ability too! While most people will probably say something like "add viral or heat", I honestly think that you might be able to do better when it comes to very dense clusters of enemies by using electricity, since the electric arc effect will chain multiple people together multiple times. His powers require you to literally 'read the room' and decide what infusion is most useful, but if you're willing to put even a little effort into what you're doing he can dunk on anything I've come across.

Also, I don't suggest you dump duration. It doesn't directly help any of his powers, but it does provide a bonus to how long his status effects last, and since he's all about applying status, you want it to last. If I had another forma, I'd replace Augur message with Constitution. Actually, I think I'm going to go do that now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I dropped my efficiency a little more and pumped up range to compensate, and while I have less duration than Rorac I totally agree about not dumping it. You definitely don't want to go negative with it because of Lavos' passive. I never felt like I got a ton of time shaved off of cool downs even with a buffed efficiency, but I notice moderate reductions to his 4's cd if I can hit a whole room or hallway with his 3 (this setup has an 11.4m radius), otherwise you just deal with the cool down times. The cd on his 2 is still fine and that's what matters the most to me. That and his 4 being a silly silly status nuke. He's dummy strong with adaptation and arcane grace means he usually heals up faster that things can damage him.

His 4 hits so dummy hard that most things just melt, and in the case that they're strong enough to survive it you can simply prime an entire tile with tons of viral instead. If you're priming groups with the Cedo then I'd agree that going viral/elec and then following up with his 4 set to whatever they're weak against is probably your strongest room clear setup.

The difference in umbral mods between my setup and Rorac's is pretty negligible, tossing adaptation on top of that much health and armor is super tanky no matter what. You could toss on rolling guard for extra silly survivability and easy status immunity but Lavos already has status immunity if you can pick up universal orbs (Protea, Nezha, and Nekros are Lavos' best friends) and the self healing from his 1 is really all you'll ever need, arcane grace is practically a lazy/mindless thing at this point. You might have more fun using a arcane that buffs primary damage for the Cedo, or a movement arcane.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Dec 3, 2021