Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGqGaWsGgD8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.
lol cabins

they made a movie about that once

a cabin in the woods

guess how it ended?

everyone in this thread is complicit, as far as i know

lurkers too

don't think we don't know you're there

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7NF7Hkrfxw

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Alobar posted:

lol cabins

they made a movie about that once

a cabin in the woods

guess how it ended?

everyone in this thread is complicit, as far as i know

lurkers too

don't think we don't know you're there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SOryJvTAGs

seems to have ended alright to me

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

been doing a lot of k this week sry not sorry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8aSrLda8_Q

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

petit choux posted:

There is definitely a spectrum haunting CSPAM

petit choux posted:

Good luck on that philosophy 201 exam, BTW.

that's all you got? bitch do u even read Hegel?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

splifyphus posted:

Not all burns can be too hot to survive.

Yet.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Spime Wrangler posted:

there is no cabin "somewhere" enough. we will all bear witness and roll in the poo poo

with enough campbells chunky soup anything is possible

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

endlessmonotony posted:

Not all burns can be too hot to survive.

Yet.

:colbert:

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
it's fine

you see, there are trees that grow in the temperatures these other trees are dying in. Florida is hotter than Washington and it has trees. What about tropical rainforests? You fools.

Just ignore the significance of growing zones changing so drastically that the native plants suddenly don't grow there the same ways.

Thank god there are no modern human dependencies on certain plants growing in certain places in certain amounts so we can navigate this exciting new reimagination of the ecosystem.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Cold on a Cob posted:

i've been super nice and chill with people in my personal and professional life since i crossed over into acceptance. everyone has noticed and wants to know my secret.

lol. lmao.

roddy piper fighting w/ keith david to make him put on the sunglasses, im in the garbage can behind them with akimbo style spoons and a poo poo eating grin.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I wish this thread didn't have to be in a politics forum. I guess it doesn't really fit anywhere else and I guess there's nowhere on the forums where people won't start going after long dead comedians for being fascist planet killers, but still...

Yeah man I wish the SJWs would stop cramming politics into our video games

wait what are we talking about?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Hubbert posted:

ok the alarm bells are going off in my head now

I hope everyone here has played Outer Wilds because (MAJOR DLC SPOILERS) this just reminds me of the trick where you avoid getting woken by the bells in the dream world by killing yourself in the real one and they become soundless. I look at this and I don't hear anything, the alarm bells in my head are silenced because I'm already dead inside

and if you haven't played Outer Wilds what the gently caress is wrong with you. Go play Outer Wilds, while you still can

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Funky See Funky Do posted:

You gently caress off. Why do you think it's ok to talk to people like that?

Oh I'm sorry I didn't realize you were new to CSPAM. I retract my previous mockery. Welcome to the subforum friend

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
90s Carlin was his zenith imo, just had his material honed to a fine point and ready to strike, some real proto-CSPAM poo poo in there. Yeah the whole "the planet will be fine" thing is a bit misguided but that was also a prevailing message at the time to try and get people to think about how climate change was coming for them. In other words it's communicating a selfish message to a selfish species because that's what they'll listen to. Which, lol, lmao.

His last couple specials were pretty rough though, combo breaker of his wife dying and Bush getting "elected" followed up with 9/11-Iraq War all just turned him into an angry old man in the 2000s.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Also lmao why tf am I up worrying about my career and 401k right now???

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I do draw a distinction between people who are misanthropic because humans are a selfish, stupid and spiteful species who'll gently caress poo poo up just for a laugh and people who are misanthropic because they themselves are selfish, stupid and spiteful and Carlin definitely had both as fans. At this point, it seems pretty clear we'd need time travel to unfuck us and the biggest debate about that is how far back you'd have to go because it's worse by far than we've been told

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
*stepping out of the time machine to pour bleach in a particularly colorful tide pool*

Picardy Beet
Feb 7, 2006

Singing in the summer.

Milo and POTUS posted:

I do draw a distinction between people who are misanthropic because humans are a selfish, stupid and spiteful species who'll gently caress poo poo up just for a laugh and people who are misanthropic because they themselves are selfish, stupid and spiteful and Carlin definitely had both as fans. At this point, it seems pretty clear we'd need time travel to unfuck us and the biggest debate about that is how far back you'd have to go because it's worse by far than we've been told

The perfect time machine shouldn't be a DeLorean. It should be a guillotine which first stops would be the original Standard Oil shareholders. With a nice letter for the future generations "Africa, South Americ, rejoice ! You've just avoided the worst part of the resources wars to come. Praise be the Guillotine".

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Counterpoint: the time travellers have already been here, they took out everybody involved in American colonisation of space after Apollo 11 to ensure the human catastrophe is contained on Earth

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
[if the perfect time machine is a car the] the future is hosed without question

if you pay the cleave cost remove the part in brackets

Jokerpilled Drudge has issued a correction as of 13:51 on Dec 3, 2021

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Time Machine Hater

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Laterite posted:

Also lmao why tf am I up worrying about my career and 401k right now???

Because unlike the people in charge you are capable of actually planning ahead, even for unlikely scenarios!

Also y'all are some real champions. I look at like two pages of this thread every six months and it is all I can handle without jumping into the (toxic, filled with deadly algae) lake and I have to close the thread again. Y'all are always posting in here. I don't know how you do it, but thank you for your service.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
reading and posting in this thread is like being exposed to any toxic chemical

the more you expose yourself to it, the more you can resist it

at least i think that's how it works

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
wildland firefighters tend to smoke

just saying

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
When EMTs, paramedics, nurses, and doctors all put aside their differences to enjoy cigarettes together, just outside the ER entrance, it's a real thing of beauty.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

A whole thread of Rasputins.

Also laughed about the time machine->tide pool->bleach combo.

Although I think I would go back and introduce tree eating fungus so that fossil fuels might never accumulate? We'd probably just burn all the available biomass instead though.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
i bought a big bag of ryo tobacco and two cartons worth of tubes. one of these days, im gonna get back on the darts.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

TehSaurus posted:

A whole thread of Rasputins.

Explain?

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Topo Chico Debarge posted:

i bought a big bag of ryo tobacco and two cartons worth of tubes. one of these days, im gonna get back on the darts.

I'm the bitch of the JUUL corporation. Ah, that mellow taste

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Hubbert posted:

ok the alarm bells are going off in my head now

that's not 10 years from now, it's next year which we are basically already at

it really can't be understated how quickly things are breaking

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I'm the bitch of the JUUL corporation. Ah, that mellow taste

i like vaping, but since it doesn't stink up the house like smoke, i tend to huff on a vape non-stop. something about vaping nic juice makes me cough worse than vaping flower too.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Yeah I huff non-stop. I'm up to a pod a day, started at about half a pod a day. I hear that about the vape but that's not my experience probably mostly cause I've been JUULing for a long time. My brother stared at me in disbelief after hitting a blunt and then immediately hitting the vape right after, saying, "Yeah I have no idea how you can do that..." :shrug:

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

splifyphus posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > C-SPAM > Bitch do u even read Hegel?

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Drinking poison and not dying? Or predicting terrible things to happen (sometime after our deaths *cross fingers*)

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Drinking poison and not dying? Or predicting terrible things to happen (sometime after our deaths *cross fingers*)

There were a few ways it could go. I was hoping to be regarded as an absurdly charismatic mystic personally.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

splifyphus posted:

I'm a bitter old man and my days of getting lost in a cloud of words that may or may not have some tenuous relationship to reality are pretty far behind me. And when Chomsky gave up writing on structuralism and decided the only course forward was activism, he was right. Your telling us to go destroy cars is pretty rad and all but remember, this place is loving full of spooks. Welcome to CSPAM.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

petit choux posted:

And when Chomsky gave up writing on structuralism and decided the only course forward was activism, he was right.

Chomsky has said Vote Dem for two elections and was a signatory to an "Anti-Cancellation" letter that included a bunch of 'phobes. And worse but it's early and I don't recall (edit: some idiocy about Syria, Assad, Libya, Gaddafi, no doubt)(probably some idiocy about Israel/Palestine no doubt also). He's a very bad and stupid leftist probably precisely because his grasp of theory is weak (or else he's just plainly malign, but I personally don't think so).

Read and understand theory you lazy binch, it'll make your activism actually good and effective instead of dogshit stupid and ineffective.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Yeah I huff non-stop. I'm up to a pod a day, started at about half a pod a day. I hear that about the vape but that's not my experience probably mostly cause I've been JUULing for a long time. My brother stared at me in disbelief after hitting a blunt and then immediately hitting the vape right after, saying, "Yeah I have no idea how you can do that..." :shrug:

its cheaper if you use one of those regular refillable vapes esp if you make your own juice

probably don't try making your own juice unless you're very careful though, pure nicotine is dangerous to mess with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

blatman posted:

its cheaper if you use one of those regular refillable vapes esp if you make your own juice

probably don't try making your own juice unless you're very careful though, pure nicotine is dangerous to mess with

I had a refillable rig and refilling just annoyed me. Hated fiddling around with stuff and paper towels and getting nic on my skin and having a nic overdose when I'm just trying to vibe. I might get a syringe and some juice (pretty sure you can just refill one of the pods without buying a refillable pod thing if you just use a syringe?) for when I'm feeling spicy but not as my regular thing. $18 for 4 pods with each pod being roughly equivalent to a pack you're still way out ahead of analogs so I'm fine with it.