Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I got presents!

that's really generous, rydiafan. Thank you very much! My wife and I are both looking forward to trying these out. I've been meaning to pick up some version of Codenames for years, just never got around to it, so that's definitely going to work, and solving mysteries sounds like a fun time too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The cheer has been purchased and sent through the warp.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Last component of Santee Primes gift has been delivered, I'll wrap it up and ship it off this weekend.

Lightning Round gift has been ordered but Amazon Global didn't have any gift options so I hope they enjoy getting a random package with no indication of what its for.

Is there going to be a lightning round 3?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Bucnasti posted:

At least 1 person has signed up for lightning round 3 atm

it'd technically be 3 people but Leperflesh put 2 of them in to round 2

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

I got presents!

that's really generous, rydiafan. Thank you very much! My wife and I are both looking forward to trying these out. I've been meaning to pick up some version of Codenames for years, just never got around to it, so that's definitely going to work, and solving mysteries sounds like a fun time too.

You've got a third gift coming, but I'm getting conflicting ETAs.

Also, there's apparently lots of Community made scenarios for CoC, so if you like it you should check out the files section of its Board Game Geek entry.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

quote:

In transit to next facility in SOMERTON VIC

Column, event date and time,

Fri 3 Dec, 2.32am
Column, event details,

Item processed at facility

MELBOURNE NORTH VIC

Fri 3 Dec, 1.51am
Column, event details,

In transit to next facility in SOMERTON VIC

Mon 29 Nov, 2.59pm
Column, event details,

SUNSHINE WEST VIC

Sun 28 Nov, 2.01pm
Column, event details,

MELBOURNE VIC

Sun 28 Nov, 1.58pm
Column, event details,

Received and ready for processing

Sun 28 Nov, 7.08am
Column, event details,

Received by Australia Post for transportation to processing facility

MELBOURNE (AU)
Sat 27 Nov, 11.31am
Column, event details,

Arrived at facility in destination country

MELBOURNE (AU)

Sat 27 Nov, 10.31am
Column, event details,

Cleared by Customs

MELBOURNE (AU)

Fri 26 Nov, 4.50pm

Why yes, it's spent over a week traveling back and forth across the ONE CITY and is now going BACK to where ti was yesterday.,

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Are we still doing lightning rounds?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

DigitalRaven posted:

Further cheer has arrived! And it's beautifully wrapped

I almost didn't want to open it, I wanted to stick it under a tree, wait for the snow to fall and the robins to sing and a dodgy fat bloke in a red suit to climb down my nonexistent chimney, as he takes a break from startling young children...

then I remembered I have no impulse control whatsoever.

Thank you so much, Santa! That's incredible, I'm blown away. I can't wait to get this on the table.

I really hope you enjoy this, I've heard very good things about it as a game. It looked like you liked scifi games and who doesn't love a bit of Dune.

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Cheer deployed!

Lightning Cheer deployed!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

1X (ONE) GIFTTANK HAS BEEN DEPLOYED TO THE BATTLEFIELD.

GIFTTANK'S MISSION IS TO SEEK OUT GOONS AND GIFT THEM WITH FUTURISTIC GIFTING-POWER

ONCE GIFTTANK HAS GIFTED GIFTTANK WILL MOVE ON

1x (ONE) PRESENT SALVO HAS BEEN FIRED UPON HAPLESS RECIPIENT!

:gifttank:

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.
Lightning Round fulfilled. Someone in the thread is looking at a Green Krismus.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

rydiafan posted:

Holy poo poo, I almost missed this! I want to participate!

Gift Preference:
Handmade stuff, weird obscure stuff, old stuff.

If you're buying something new, pretty much anything that falls under the Traditional Games umbrella is fine. Random RPG books, random euro games, random Ameritrash games, random miniatures, whatever. As long as you don't buy me something like Munchkin I'm happy.

Edit: if you're the kind of person who prefers to know exactly what to buy somebody, I could use Negation Angels, Negators, Void Archons, or Death Archons which are models for the game Warmachine.

General Location:
Wisconsin, USA

Solomn Vow:
I bought gifts for three people last year and Grinched none of them. I ain't planning on doing it this time.

Gimme in on that lightning round 3 action!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Bucnasti posted:

I think so!

Rhjamiz posted:

Are we still doing lightning rounds?

Yes!

rydiafan posted:

You've got a third gift coming, but I'm getting conflicting ETAs.

Also, there's apparently lots of Community made scenarios for CoC, so if you like it you should check out the files section of its Board Game Geek entry.
Gosh! Really these two games are already very generous! I will check that out though.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

My santee's gift is either sitting at the border waiting to be processed since yesterday morning, or tracking ceased once the package entered their country :ohdear:

:f5:

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!
Holiday cheer has been deployed via squig, hopefully they don't leave too many bite marks.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

The gift I bought from Etsy had its shipping label created on Sunday and hasn't had any action since :<

I payed for the more expensive shipping too!

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Gift Preferences
I enjoy both sci-fi and fantasy genre books, delicious snacks, and interesting things. Steam games also appreciated, though I prefer there be a physical component of the gift since I like opening presents. :v

Also while TTRPG stuff is appreciated, I'll likely never use it, be it boardgames or rulebooks. No local games or gamers for me, alas.

Solemn Vow
Never Shall I Ever Grinch.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So I found my tracking # and it says:

edit: sneaky sneak

Giftee hasn't posted about it in the thread yet tho

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Dec 3, 2021

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It's best to email or PM me that sort of thing, so that my immediate email to your Santa doesn't sorta give away the game; but I will email your Santa to check in and make sure they got it.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Hey if someone has a issue with USPS, send me the tracking info and I will do what I can to help you out or answer any issues. This is only open during secret santa lol

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

The second gift I sent out still hasn't shipped. I hit up the seller and hopefully they'll sort it out.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

Comstar posted:

Why yes, it's spent over a week traveling back and forth across the ONE CITY and is now going BACK to where ti was yesterday.,

Reports of a monolith rampaging through Melbourne appear to be true!

(standard reference Huge dragon for scale)

A team of adventurers have ventured inside its strange architecture, and unearthed treasure and danger from across the Tasman Sea.

A blessed tower of good rolling (currently flattened) and a dangerous mimic capable of devouring two decks of cards in one bite (not to be used for.

Thanks Comstar!

UrbanLabyrinth fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Dec 4, 2021

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
My Secret Santa came through with an amazing game I do not have that will go over great with my group!!
Thank you so drat much

https://imgur.com/a/i9WQM9t

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!
Santa has visited my humble abode! What could be inside?

https://imgur.com/k6o0Ngb

Why it's the conquering armies of Cyrus the Great, and the earth he demands in tribute!

https://imgur.com/3V49s5o

Thanks a bunch, thegodofchuck! I can't wait to get these guys painted up and crush those western barbarians and their watered-down wine!

FishFood fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Dec 4, 2021

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Lightning Round #2 gift ordered, expected delivery is next Monday!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Helpin y'all out with inline image embeds! (you're linking to imgur's album URL - gotta click the image to get the image URL.)

Tiny Chalupa posted:

My Secret Santa came through with an amazing game I do not have that will go over great with my group!!
Thank you so drat much

I don't know if this is from your main round or bonus round 1 Santa, so can your Santa let me know pls thx

FishFood posted:

Santa has visited my humble abode! What could be inside?

Why it's the conquering armies of Cyrus the Great, and the earth he demands in tribute!

Thanks a bunch, thegodofchuck! I can't wait to get these guys painted up and crush those western barbarians and their watered-down wine!

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Seeing as Gift #1 arrived I now feel a bit more confidence of doing another round. Is Lighting Round 3(?) still open?

Gift Preferences:
- Something British/Australian early war 28mm miniatures for Bolt Action. I am about to start building an army for Bolt Action for action in Libya 1940/Greece/Crete. British BEF 1940 would work just as well as seeing as they all look the same or 8th army later. I have nothing so far, so anything will do.
- Army Painter paints suitable for painting Commonwealth units in 1940-42 in the BEF/North Africa/Greece. Think light brown/sand/Khaki/Dark Brown (I have the wash set already).
- A book on the Greek campaign, or the Australian 6th Division (between 1940-45). I really need some painting guides too if there's such a thing for the Greek campaign.
- Terrain suitable for 28mm desert warfare.

General Location: Melbourne, Australia (but happy to order for someone overseas because it will come from somewhere in the same country).

Solemn Vow: You have it. Done it once so far.

Edit- Email sent.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Dec 5, 2021

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
A box arrives!

Inside is a bounty of cutely wrapped parcels

Weird minis! Crazy dice! EXCELLENT

And a lovely pouch for the crazy dice!

THANK YOU SANTA

Now I see it was ME that GreenBuckanneer was concerned about getting their gift - I was away at a work conference for 3 days and this was a very nice thing to come home to. Much thanks, I love it!

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Thank you so drat much

https://imgur.com/a/i9WQM9t

Really hope you guys get into this. I saw you played a few dudes on a map games and this is a really good one of them. I don’t know what edition it is so all I would say is please check the Woodland Alliance board and see if it’s the updated one.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Lightning Round 2 cheer has been dispatched, ETA Thursday 9th. Once again no gift options so it'll be a MYSTERIOUS PACKAGE.

The restriction on gift options this year is proving to be a pain. If we weren't all receiving such a lovely Brexit Dividend(TM) in the British postal system, I'd really prefer to include some sort of gift card or just a cheery note. In previous years I used to include silly letters and I'm saddened that I can't toss those in this year.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

The Bloop posted:

A box arrives!

Inside is a bounty of cutely wrapped parcels

Weird minis! Crazy dice! EXCELLENT

And a lovely pouch for the crazy dice!

THANK YOU SANTA

Now I see it was ME that GreenBuckanneer was concerned about getting their gift - I was away at a work conference for 3 days and this was a very nice thing to come home to. Much thanks, I love it!

I'm glad you liked it. As soon as I read the crazy dice, I thought of those then ran out and bought it from my LGS. The minis were super cool, honestly I like the noodly Boi on the right there the most. I saw these too, but I couldn't afford it at the time:

Sharing it for inspiration

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I'm glad you liked it. As soon as I read the crazy dice, I thought of those then ran out and bought it from my LGS. The minis were super cool, honestly I like the noodly Boi on the right there the most. I saw these too, but I couldn't afford it at the time:

Sharing it for inspiration

Yeah those are my favorite as well! Floaty tentacle buddies

And those cats are great sculpts, yeah. I backed their original Kickstarter (dungeons and doggies) and the first cats and catacombs one too

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I'm glad you liked it. As soon as I read the crazy dice, I thought of those then ran out and bought it from my LGS.

Do you have the name of those dice? They're awesome.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Bing bong! My gift has arrived! Thank you so much from my secret santa, I look forward to painting these fools up and imagining playing Infinity one day

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

gschmidl posted:

Do you have the name of those dice? They're awesome.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/polyherodice/polyhero-dice-rogue-set

The LGS had them in other colors but I liked the two tone I got them the most

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART

Wrr posted:

Bing bong! My gift has arrived! Thank you so much from my secret santa, I look forward to painting these fools up and imagining playing Infinity one day

You’re welcome! I don’t know anything about Infinity or War Games in general, so I just picked dudes who looked badass and bought them.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

So I got an unexpected package waiting for me when I came back home after a long day, arriving back at 11am (thankfully I think my neighbours were there to put it in the shared area, so it was safe!).

And I got an awesome assortment of gifts! Heart, basically the dungeon-crawling sequel of one of my favourite games, Spire, an hexboard with stickers for the same, and a murder-scree pin from Final Fantasy XIV!

Just this haul made me really happy, but there was also a card! A card with, strangely enough, a sticker with the axe that I use for my FFXIV character. A nice touch, I thought.

What I wasn't ready for, though, was the real gift that I hadn't seen yet:

Custom art of my FFXIV, in one of the glams that I regularly use on her. Which just blew me away. Just the best Secret Santa gift I've ever gotten. I'm not kidding. I'm just left speechless. My santa really went above and beyond.
(also you either are in my FC or you did a really deep dive in the FFXIV thread, but either way, incredible)

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Tekopo posted:

(also you either are in my FC or you did a really deep dive in the FFXIV thread, but either way, incredible)

Wasn't me, but I think they probably just did post history and filtered by posts you made in the thread, then went to most recent. It looks like a really good rendition too!

In a more on topic question: where are we at for LR3 signups?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Now that I've done what I need to for my prior obligations I'm down for LR3 as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Not including either of you, we have four people signed up for LR3. It will kick off either when we get at least 8, or on December 8th (one week after LR2 kicked off), whichever comes first.

e. The Bloop is all signed up, so we're at 5 now.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Dec 5, 2021