Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Mistayke posted:

I just want a "new" Mercedes GLK 350. Why don't they make these anymore? There's something about them that just hits the right buttons for me.

It's the GLC now. A bit more swoopy obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Mistayke posted:

I just want a "new" Mercedes R63 AMG. Why don't they make these anymore?

FTFY.

I mean, we all know the answer, but it’s still the best dumbest thing ever.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Queen Victorian posted:

You mean this one? Because if so I have some words. Or is there a more recent one?

That is the current live cockpit pro.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Sab669 posted:

GR Corolla teaser on Instagram :v:

Supply chain issue on the nose

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Excited to pay $55k for a hot hatch Corolla

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Wheeee posted:

I see you're shopping for AE86s.

got off on a technicality
Feb 7, 2007

oh dear

Mistayke posted:

I just want a "new" Mercedes GLK 350. Why don't they make these anymore? There's something about them that just hits the right buttons for me.

The Mercedes GLB is a little melted looking but still tall and body!

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Sab669 posted:

GR Corolla teaser on Instagram :v:

Zoom in on one of the shipping crates and it looks like Toyota has left us all a little secret(ish) message:

NAG16GRFOUR

Which I take as maybe being, "North America, G16 (the engine code of the GR Yaris' engine), GR 4-wheel drive"...

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Wheeee posted:

Almost a bargain for a fun weapon in a sea of boring and gross CUV's

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

looking at the market thinking maybe it’s time to just get a motorcycle and a rav4

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Wheeee posted:

looking at the market thinking maybe it’s time to just get a motorcycle and a rav4

As someone who picked up a bike a couple of months ago and is now exclusively dailying it, do it. I wish I'd done it sooner.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Wheeee posted:

Sometimes I think about getting a motorcycle too. And then I look at the stats again.

Dibs on the RAV4?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
loving doctors man, my father in law impressed on my wife that she should not allow me to get a motorcycle or even a dirtbike again

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Residency Evil posted:

Sometimes I think about getting a motorcycle too. And then I look at the stats again.

Dibs on the RAV4?

I just got my first bike this summer and I'm not dead so you'll be fine

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

loving doctors man, my father in law impressed on my wife that she should not allow me to get a motorcycle or even a dirtbike again

mine went from "I don't like it but I can't stop you" to "so this is going to be mine when you upgrade, right?" after she realized that riding a motorcycle makes people look hotter than they really are.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Dec 3, 2021

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

KillHour posted:

riding a motorcycle makes people look hotter than they really are.
:lol: I guess technically under all that leather.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Cage posted:

:lol: I guess technically under all that leather.

Literally yes. Also movies associating motorcycles with being hot and/or a badass since forever.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Yeah like Torque.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Cage posted:

Yeah like Torque.

I was hoping to be compared to Tom Cruise but gently caress it I'll take Ice Cube.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

KillHour posted:

mine went from "I don't like it but I can't stop you" to "so this is going to be mine when you upgrade, right?" after she realized that riding a motorcycle makes people look hotter than they really are.

By upgrade she probably means to an oblong box?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

By upgrade she probably means to an oblong box?

If you didn't expect me to die in a fiery wreck even before the motorcycle you weren't paying attention.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Better off riding a modern moto than driving any vehicle built before 2005ish.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

Mistayke posted:

I feel the same way for the same reasons about the SG Forester XT. I really wish I could buy something like that new. With a stick of course, so it will never happen.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
If my other half tried to forbid me, an (nominally) adult, from doing something I enjoy and is not of questionable legality, that would not be a good conversation.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Nidhg00670000 posted:

If my other half tried to forbid me, an (nominally) adult, from doing something I enjoy and is not of questionable legality, that would not be a good conversation.

I can understand your other half disliking a decision to buy a bike but ultimately they should also want you to do things you enjoy.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
While waiting for my Bronco I grabbed a MT Crosstrek. On top of my dick just falling off I can't find my own car in a parking lot anymore :(

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Nidhg00670000 posted:

To be fair, I did forbid her from becoming a DEA agent when we first started dating. I stand by that decision as morally correct.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

KillHour posted:

Dudes I get it. I want a Ducati Monster and/or a BMW r9. I think riding a motorcycle and smoking are two of the coolest things you can do, but I think the RR of dying on a motorcycle is something like 100x of a car. Yeah I know gear etc training etc don't be a dumbass etc.

I'll have to settle for cars.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

If you run out and get a monster you will probably die. I got an MT-03 so I can die in my second year when I get too cocky instead of immediately.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

KillHour posted:

If you run out and get a monster you will probably die. I got an MT-03 so I can die in my second year when I get too cocky instead of immediately.

Yeah, I know the recommended starter bike is something like a 250 or an SV650 at most.

:sigh:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

40 HP on a 300lb bike is the same power to weight ratio as 400 HP on a Ford Focus. And if I wasn't such a fatass, my MT-03 would have a comparable 0-60 time to my Focus RS (about half a second slower). It is not slow and it is very fun to wring out. It could also take turns much faster than probably any car I own if I was skilled enough to do so.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Dec 3, 2021

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

KillHour posted:

40 HP on a 300lb bike is the same power to weight ratio as 400 HP on a Ford Focus. And if I wasn't such a fatass, my MT-03 would have a comparable 0-60 time to my Focus RS (about half a second slower). It is not slow and it is very fun to wring out. It could also take turns much faster than probably any car I own if I was skilled enough to do so.

Oh for sure. I've fooled around on bikes before, and I'm only 165 lbs so any bike would be plenty. It's the safety thing that gets me, even with something like an SV650.

dk2m
May 6, 2009
Seeing a guy on a bike wreck in front of me recently and nearly dying was hosed up enough that it’s my line in the sand. The margin for error is so low that I’ll stick with cars, but it’s really just other drivers that are more scary. I’ve tried like hell to convince my brother to give his bike up and I think he’s finally going to, I don’t want to lose him because someone in a Suburban is checking their phone

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I figure I ride bicycles on the street so any added danger on top of that is my own hubris. Luckily, I found a really good circuit to go to some twisties and back with minimal traffic and no sketchy intersections or 6 lane wide suburban hell streets.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
My Maverick build date of 11/29 got pushed to 12/6 this week, and now I got a notice that it's been pushed to 12/20. Highly doubt I'll get this car until at least March

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Kunabomber posted:

My Maverick build date of 11/29 got pushed to 12/6 this week, and now I got a notice that it's been pushed to 12/20. Highly doubt I'll get this car until at least March

Have you considered a motorcycle, friend?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Residency Evil posted:

Yeah I know gear etc training etc don't be a dumbass etc.

All the defensive driving / preventive measures won't do you much when some dumbfuck flies through a redlight.

e; I lurk /r/IdiotsInCars too much

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Dec 3, 2021

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Anyone who is thinking about motorcycles, go sign up for your local MSF course, it's a full weekend in a parking lot learning the bare bones basics, everything is provided and you'll get to find out if you actually like motorcycling. It's super fun!

Then come post over in cycle asylum!

If you value connection to the machine above all else, you can't beat a motorcycle.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Sab669 posted:

All the defensive driving / preventive measures won't do you much when some dumbfuck flies through a redlight.

I'm quoting this for when you switch back to the cup 2s in March and a late frost causes you to slide though a stop sign putting me through your window. The gods of irony demand it.

Russian Bear posted:

Anyone who is thinking about motorcycles, go sign up for your local MSF course, it's a full weekend in a parking lot learning the bare bones basics, everything is provided and you'll get to find out if you actually like motorcycling. It's super fun!

Then come post over in cycle asylum!

If you value connection to the machine above all else, you can't beat a motorcycle.

I did this. Can recommend. It was really cheap considering you get to use their motorcycle all weekend.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

KillHour posted:

I'm quoting this for when you switch back to the cup 2s in March and a late frost causes you to slide though a stop sign putting me through your window. The gods of irony demand it.

Quoting this for when the pos still stalls for no reason in March so I avoid driving it unless I must :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secret Machine
Jun 20, 2005

What the Hell?

Kunabomber posted:

Hybrid or ecoboost?