Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

So he's Deku except his parents are spineless rich people? sure, whatever. :nallears: I feel about as bad for him as any other gag character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

On the one hand, I am very satisfied to have been right in guessing it was Aoyama this whole time. I could just feel that his earlier chapter was a double-fakeout.

On the other hand, I got really excited for evil buff Hagakure. :negative:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Too bad, I was a little excited that Hagakure was actually going to be important for once in the series (it being Aoyama does kind of make sense though and AFO is exactly the kind of petty rear end in a top hat that would give him a quirk like that)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Dec 3, 2021

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Aurora posted:

that chapter is the most disjointed mess
Slightly less of a disjointed mess than what early leaks would have you believe (hagakure having aoyama under her thumb, stealing eri with shoji (who doesn't want his quirk) to rejuvenate AFO, vlad king and monoma going missing...) All false now.

Jesus this editor is bad.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
I’m not blaming the editor I’m blaming hori Fort this

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Not a bad plot point, but gosh what an awful reveal. Just people talking loudly in the woods. It really does just feel like getting plot points out of the way.

Deku is definitely going to try and work with him, though. I think he's seen enough of All for One's poo poo to at least feel sympathy for him.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

At least AFO always being a petty bitch doesn't stop being funny. "lmao made ur kid poo poo himself" - AFO, probably.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I don’t see this having a great resolution because he feels forced into the traitor role, and will likely just be convinced to fight All for One with a speech about what his parents actually want for him.

Though it would be kind of funny if Nezu just iced him because he can’t tolerate a traitor of any kind.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

bobjr posted:

Though it would be kind of funny if Nezu just iced him because he can’t tolerate a traitor of any kind.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Kind of hoping for a triple bluff here, mostly just cause being the traitor would give Hagakure some much needed characterisation. AFO stages Aoyama’s “discovery” by Hagakure, tempting the heroes to use Aoyama to leak some bait to draw the League out of hiding while having second mole Hagakure turn the sting into an ambush on Deku. In the end though it’ll be what it’ll be.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
here's some dogshit quirk, kid. btw you now owe me forever lol

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

AfO is just the Reverse Flash in those "it was me, Barry" memes.

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD
Honestly as sloppy as this reveal is, All for One's constant "actually I didn't lose, in fact they're playing directly into my hands with this other poo poo I pulled directly out of my butt" puppetmastering sucks and if this ends up shaking that up in any way, good.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'm cool with this. Also lol he called back to the hole in UA security that Gentle/La Brava found that apparently never got fixed.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Wudz posted:

Honestly as sloppy as this reveal is, All for One's constant "actually I didn't lose, in fact they're playing directly into my hands with this other poo poo I pulled directly out of my butt" puppetmastering sucks and if this ends up shaking that up in any way, good.

I think you'll find the poo poo was pulled out of Aoyama, actually.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

how the gently caress did my joke post actually become true

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Sure, gently caress it; that’s about as good as I imagined that reveal could be at this point.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It works as a way to quickly tie up a loose end, it just doesn't do anything much besides that. And let's be honest here, that's pretty much all we're getting now until what will probably be a decent blowout for the finale.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

counter to the plot, we got this:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Well, that was...a reveal, I guess?

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Carlosologist posted:

counter to the plot, we got this:

Does anyone know what that means? Does it just mean embarrassed?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Brandfarlig posted:

Does anyone know what that means? Does it just mean embarrassed?

Hazukashii means embarrassed, yes.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

just goes to show you can't trust the French

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Ochako isn't going to kiss Deku until after the final fight, is she?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Grouchio posted:

Ochako isn't going to kiss Deku until after the final fight, is she?

they won't kiss; the sequel series will show Deku married to Hatsume

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

hiddenriverninja posted:

Deku's dad shows up asks if they're an item. He says yes then ya, timeskip to being married to Hatsume

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

hiddenriverninja posted:

Weird way to spell Bakugo, but ok.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I find it very funny that in the span of two chapters All for One’s mole was alluded to, revealed and exposed. Guess that takes care of that!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

TheHan posted:

I find it very funny that in the span of two chapters All for One’s mole was alluded to, revealed and exposed. Guess that takes care of that!

It very much feels like the author quickly slapping in a plot thread he forgot about.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It very much feels like the author quickly slapping in a plot thread he forgot about.

Eh the creepy Aoyama chapter was just before the Gentle arc, right? That isn't that long ago. It's confirmed as foreshadowing this now.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i will say im liking the "feel" of bakugo as a character a lot more in these later-years chapters. the apology was good and i like that he still retains his analytical and fiery personality, but is less anti-social now

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Nephthys posted:

Eh the creepy Aoyama chapter was just before the Gentle arc, right? That isn't that long ago. It's confirmed as foreshadowing this now.

it was three drat years ago

i give oda a pass on his ludicrously long setups because the things he's setting up often seem so innocent at the time that you're never even aware he's placed another chekhov's gun on the mantle. the traitor thing meanwhile was like building a giant marquee sign around the gun and then patiently ignoring it for ages

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I mean I guess the revelation that his quirk wasn't really compatible with his body should have been a bigger red flag than it was. I think I just assumed that it happens sometimes but I guess the only other examples we have of a person not being able to handle their quirk are Deku--who got jacked up with multiple generations of superman steroids at once--and Dabi the failed Eugenics baby.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

christmas boots posted:

I mean I guess the revelation that his quirk wasn't really compatible with his body should have been a bigger red flag than it was. I think I just assumed that it happens sometimes but I guess the only other examples we have of a person not being able to handle their quirk are Deku--who got jacked up with multiple generations of superman steroids at once--and Dabi the failed Eugenics baby.

i don't agree this counts as foreshadowing because we already had multiple examples of quirks with negative side-effects if overused, especially by amateurs. bakugo's arms are damaged by recoil, mineta's scalp bleeds if he removes his hairballs too much, even todoroki needs to keep alternating his hot and cold powers so his body temperature doesn't go too far in either direction

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Oxxidation posted:

i don't agree this counts as foreshadowing because we already had multiple examples of quirks with negative side-effects if overused, especially by amateurs. bakugo's arms are damaged by recoil, mineta's scalp bleeds if he removes his hairballs too much, even todoroki needs to keep alternating his hot and cold powers so his body temperature doesn't go too far in either direction

But they can still use their quirks to a certain extent without injury. IIRC He needs the belt to be able to use it safely at all

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I'm okay with this, personally

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

christmas boots posted:

But they can still use their quirks to a certain extent without injury. IIRC He needs the belt to be able to use it safely at all

Now I'm wondering if the belt was also a gift from All For One. Because if it is, there's a good chance it's going to explode.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Rhonne posted:

Now I'm wondering if the belt was also a gift from All For One. Because if it is, there's a good chance it's going to explode.

Hmmm... doesn't sound like something he'd do

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Feel bad that Aoyama is doing all this for a lovely quirk that he has to shoot out of his belly button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

He gets negative effects if its used at all, much like Deku who would explode his arms and legs if he used his quirk at all