Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

wasn’t that panty fighter then last video on the channel before the breakup?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It really isn't because the two that got the most mad at one another are the two that still do regular content with each other.

Woolie and Pat got shoot angry at each other, but this was when Matt full on drop kayfabe smiling and began really sulking because this stable wasn't fun.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Warbird posted:

wasn’t that panty fighter then last video on the channel before the breakup?

The final video before the breakup video is Matt losing against Ursula in Kingdom Hearts.

The final words of the video are Matt and Woolie both going 'fuuuuuck' together. :smith:

(Panty Fighter was the last Scrublords/Fisticuffs though.)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I only started checking their stuff after they split up.

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

I think the easiest to register sign of Matt leaving was the podcast. he was always kind of the least vocal on it but in the last year or so of sbfp he barely participated in most conversations beyond talking about his week at the start and sometimes just bailed halfway through the episode

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Vandar posted:

The final video before the breakup video is Matt losing against Ursula in Kingdom Hearts.

The final words of the video are Matt and Woolie both going 'fuuuuuck' together. :smith:

Has there been, like, any Matt-Woolie content? At all? I know Pat and Woolie have Castle Superbeast even if their gaming content is pretty disparate now, and Matt and Liam sometimes pull off a collab.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

The Bee posted:

Has there been, like, any Matt-Woolie content? At all? I know Pat and Woolie have Castle Superbeast even if their gaming content is pretty disparate now, and Matt and Liam sometimes pull off a collab.

Not that I'm aware of. Kind of a shame, imo.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Vandar posted:

it owned because smash ultimate already released by then, but they opted to wait a week to unlock the full roster

speaking of, which fisticuffs was it that had matt loudly exclaim "THIS IS MY GUY!" before his guy was a literal nazi shooting energy swastikas as projectiles followed by matt shouting "THIS IS NOT MY GUY!"

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

a cartoon duck posted:

it owned because smash ultimate already released by then, but they opted to wait a week to unlock the full roster

speaking of, which fisticuffs was it that had matt loudly exclaim "THIS IS MY GUY!" before his guy was a literal nazi shooting energy swastikas as projectiles followed by matt shouting "THIS IS NOT MY GUY!"

That would be Tough Guy.

"Oh I see, he's not a Hitler, he's a Wackerrr" *Immediately throws flaming swastika and everyone explodes*

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

HanzoSchmanzo posted:

Was it seriously omikron that did it?

In addition to what everyone else said, Matt and I think maybe Woolie or Liam agreed Omikron was the best LP they ever did together. So it’s there’s clearly some fond memories there you wouldn’t expect if it actually broke them apart.

They broke up because they all wanted to do different things and personality clashes reached a breaking point.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Yeah, everyone just had different ideas on what the channel should be, and in Matt and Pat's case they were VERY different ideas. Pat was enjoying streaming a lot, Matt wanted to do more ambitious things, Woolie just likes juggling a lot of plates and doing out there stuff, plus he is way more into fighting games than the other two. It's a pity that they didn't realize that before having a friendship-ruining fight though, so it's funnier to blame it on Omikron.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Based on prior experience with channel breakups I'm still convinced there was some amount of money mismanagement going on. Which isn't to say that it was done maliciously, it's not easy to determine who gets what when compensation is based on views and not hours worked or whatever. It might explain why Woolie hasn't done anything professionally with Matt since the breakup since I'm pretty sure Matt was the channel owner/boss/etc so this would've all fallen on him. The creative differences would play into that as well, arguments about what would generate more views, and thus more money, could get very heated, at least I've seen it before.

Now that I think about, I've seen it a lot just with friends going into business together, not just YouTube channels. It's practically a cliche.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
We know there was absolute venom between Pat and Matt to the point that even Matt's wife blew up on Pat.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Tae posted:

We know there was absolute venom between Pat and Matt to the point that even Matt's wife blew up on Pat.
Matt and Pat's relationship was kind of like a marriage between feisty spouses that turned from extremely good to extremely bad after several months.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
They had a good long run though, it's pretty rare for collab groups to last as long as they did without some sort of issue arising, but everyone now seems to be happy doing their own projects so good for all of them I say.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

It's kind of amazing they lasted as long as they did in the first place considering Matt and Pat weren't even really friends at the beginning and Pat was just a replacement in the original Kirby video for Woolie.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

On a vaguely related note, did anything concrete ever come up with why vaccine truther/immigrant hating/possible nazi sympathizer/all around a parent shitbird Jontron leaving the game grumps suddenly all those years back?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Wasn't the given reason something boring like 'I couldn't work on Game Grumps and my own show at the same time'?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Vandar posted:

Wasn't the given reason something boring like 'I couldn't work on Game Grumps and my own show at the same time'?

Aw, that's not even as interesting as the editor refusing to keep editing him saying the N-word out of videos or something like that.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Captain Invictus posted:

watching pat's Guardians of the Galaxy sponsored stream, and like, I heard it was genuinely good, but this game looks absolutely fantastic, both in graphics and gameplay. and the dialogue has gotten genuine, solid laughs out of me at least half a dozen times during the stream. I will definitely pick this game up when it goes on sale, for sure!
https://twitch.tv/videos/1216964088

this(spoilers): https://i.imgur.com/FVKkQSO.png might just be THE BEST dialogue prompt in any game ever, and I had the exact same reaction pat is having here

I cannot believe how badly they botched the previews. like if they showed off even a bit of the basics of chapter 1, the general banter, face-to-face dialogue, and a little combat, instead of what they showed in the preview they did, it would've gone over SO much better. and this actor for peter is way better at it than chris pratt.

Based off the strength of Pat's endorsement and after seeing a quick rundown of the combat mechanics, I used my BF2042 refund money to buy GotG, and I dig it. It's got those Mass Effect conversations like he said. The levels and how you move in them feel like if Metroid Prime or Fallen Order were way more linear, or Uncharted and Mass Effect were less linear. The combat itself feels like a mish-mash of Platinum inspirations with the dodging and movement, and a version of Mass Effect where using your teammates' powers is way more important. I also hate the dialogue of Marvel movies, but I really enjoy about 90% of the banter in this game. It's really good, overall.

Coquito Ergo Sum fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Dec 6, 2021

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I hear from some folk with opinions I trust that it's basically on the level of Insomniac's Spider-man. I nabbed it when it went down to 30 on Black Friday, but idk when I'll get to play it since i'm only like a quarter done with SMT5 lol

Warbird
May 23, 2012

This is all wild given that Giant Bomb was super down on it when they spoke about it the other month. Could be old man grumpiness though.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Warbird posted:

This is all wild given that Giant Bomb was super down on it when they spoke about it the other month. Could be old man grumpiness though.

Jeff Gerstman being grumpy? Uh yeah

Nextlander, the group that siphoned off Giantbomb like Vinny, like the game a lot.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Warbird posted:

They've been getting much grumpier the last few years. They didn't like Untitled Goose Game for fucks sake.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Woolie letting Reggie try and get through the Tomb of the Giants before he gets the Lordvessel is kind of hilarious and I hope he makes it through just to see his reaction at the end.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

MorningMoon posted:

I hear from some folk with opinions I trust that it's basically on the level of Insomniac's Spider-man. I nabbed it when it went down to 30 on Black Friday, but idk when I'll get to play it since i'm only like a quarter done with SMT5 lol

I don't think it's Spider-Man level of good, but I don't know. Thinking back on Spider-Man there was a lot of time where I was not taking down criminals, but in Guardians I'm either chatting up my crew or blasting aliens. Guardians has a very long intro where the game may not seem very fun. The tutorial mission moves pretty slowly, doesn't let you explore much, has a ton of banter that stops the action, and the combat encounters are really lame. Then, about 1/4 into the next mission, the game picks up in terms of pacing, fun, and combat challenge.

If you get it on PC, keep your finger on the VSync button. I ran into an issue where the game was doing anything it could to give me 144fps to the point of overheating my PC.

HanzoSchmanzo
Apr 11, 2011

Legit thanks fit all the good answers to my history question.

This is legit the best thread on this site

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KefWGevsnNg

perfect

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Aww, was hoping to hear WELCOME IN OMIKRON.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQHXpXH3obo

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/LucasfilmGames/status/1469121430210052099?s=20

It's going to be weird as hell having a new Quantic Dream come out without the Super Best Friend making GBS threads on it together.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Vandar posted:

https://twitter.com/LucasfilmGames/status/1469121430210052099?s=20

It's going to be weird as hell having a new Quantic Dream come out without the Super Best Friend making GBS threads on it together.
no joke I went from

"this trailer is phenomenal"

to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17KmNrG9pE4

as soon as the dev name showed up at the end

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Detriot visually looked amazing. Still that they dropped that workplace abuse hotline tonight. Disney partnering with Quantic brings some extra lol to the horseshit

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Woolie reeling immediately at the end card of the Star Wars trailer is perfect

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

OneDeadman posted:

Woolie reeling immediately at the end card of the Star Wars trailer is perfect

https://www.twitch.tv/woolieversus/clip/TastyTenderHamburgerDatBoi-I9vg_hDm8G8v0c1s

Woolie having some fantastic reactions this past month

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Just got to the part of the podcast where Woolie talks about them bringing back Ultimax and how he knows that it's a fever dream :allears:

Nevermind that rollback wasn't confirmed for it yet

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The funniest godamn part to me was halfway through the video when I saw 'prequel/sequel' content and realized

Ah. This is that Quantic Dream proje- YEP.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Grouchio posted:

The funniest godamn part to me was halfway through the video when I saw 'prequel/sequel' content and realized

Ah. This is that Quantic Dream proje- YEP.

I find it funny I kinda clocked it as "High Republic" since I knew that was a thing that was supposed to be happening, but then totally forgot that Quantic Dream specifically was working on a High Republic game.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

"AahahaAHAHAHahahah woolie's dead!"

I should probably watch the whole thing. TGA was mostly a miss for me this year, but the idea of seeing it with a mark host that can't tell cg teasers from real games is really fun.

dokapon session 11 spoilers gently caress woolie The entire session and half of last session he became loving king crab just making sure everyone's crabs in the barreling at each other to not progress the story, and all that does is that three hours later his pincers have been ripped off of his body and Minh is completely unstoppable lmao. Karma. Always knew the Sigma Minhset was gonna win

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Dec 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Remind me again why roll back net code isn’t a standard adopted by fighting games? Is it just because the companies are too stuck in their ways and don’t see the need to adopt new systems?