Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I can't decide if I'm enjoying Lawn Mower Sim or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

highme posted:

I can’t comment on the sound really as I have potato ears from decades of live shows doing their damage. But when I bought my 700s TB were the only true “wireless” Xbox option. I’d already hosed up an Elite controller because I kept forgetting it was connected to my Astro headphones (that I loved). On top of that I spent the extra $50 on the 700s over the 600s because they were just black and silver and didn’t have some gross neon green accents. I hate platform specific branding and the simple fact the 700s are just black headphones was preferred.

I have been using the MS headphones for 2 weeks now. They’re not as comfy, the sound is comparable, but the mute mechanism is clunky and that’s enough for me to return them (once I have acquired some
bricked 700s).

There's a number of reasons I'm pretty loyal to the Stealth 700's. I'll be the first to admit Turtle Beaches QA for the gen 2's has been crap. Although I feel like it's in regards to the software and not the actual headset, which is great. I would not recommend anyone buy them if they aren't willing to update it periodically and be ready to troubleshoot it if need be. Which is an understandable thing to be put off by, since reliability/ease of use is pretty high up on the scale for most people. Not that they are like, high maintenance. I plug mine in once in a while and update them and that's mostly it. I have had to hit google up a few times though because they do tend to have weird annoying issues but it's mostly been nbd. The software seems massively improved since they launched though.

There's some stuff I love about them though. First off, if you default them to bass and treble boost in the app they sound fantastic. The out of box default is signature sound which, meh. it's fine. Superhuman hearing is a joke. bass and treble boost tho... I think most Gaming oot headsets have absolutely woeful bass but the 700s crack like a MF. I have tried/owned a bunch of mid range ($100-150) headphones and imo they all sound wimpy by comparison. Secondly, Bluetooth. I did not know I cared about this when I bought them but I seriously would never want to own another gaming headset without Bluetooth. And (someone correct me if I am wrong) it's pretty uncommon in that price range. The options Bluetooth opens up on a gaming headset are incredible. I use mine as oot wireless headphones all around the house to listen to music on my phone. I can take calls while playing a game without even knowing where my phone is etc. But the low key coolest thing about it is that it makes voice chat options limitless. I can just go on my phone if I am playing a game on Xbox and join a private Playstation party in the app or vise versa, or hop on to discord with people on PC etc etc. it's such a great feature. Also they are comfortable as hell and the memory foam ear cups are the best. They even look pretty drat nice for a gaming headset.

So yeah, whatever people love to talk poo poo on TB but I have tried a lot of more currently popular brands and been way less satisfied. 700s are the perfect gaming/all around the house headphones.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Dec 3, 2021

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

spent way too long thinking people were buying 700 terrabyte drives

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

highme posted:

I have been using the MS headphones for 2 weeks now. They’re not as comfy, the sound is comparable, but the mute mechanism is clunky and that’s enough for me to return them (once I have acquired some bricked 700s).

I replaced the ear cups with https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GFZKKJD and that really improved the comfort of the Xbox Wireless Headphones.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

spent way too long thinking people were buying 700 terrabyte drives

Stealthily

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Zerot posted:

I replaced the ear cups with https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GFZKKJD and that really improved the comfort of the Xbox Wireless Headphones.

Thanks, if I don't return mine I'll l ikely grab these. It won't fix the mute is clunky" issue, but I can adapt too.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

John F Bennett posted:

I'm loving it, I just wish progression were a little faster in the beginning. Like I'm gaining levels and that's great, but money's a huge barrier right now and I wish it were a little more lenient on that front.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Halo Infinite review: it's fun and I suck at it :hellyeah:

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

External Organs posted:

Halo Infinite review: it's fun and I suck at it :hellyeah:

Me, I either dominate or get absolutely crushed. There doesn't seem to be an inbetween.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

John F Bennett posted:

Me, I either dominate or get absolutely crushed. There doesn't seem to be an inbetween.

Even including my entire gaming past I've probably only ever put like... 30 hours into all Halo games combined so it's not exactly my wheelhouse. But I would like to get better, as it's really fun, and the 8 seconds of respawn time is the worst part of the game imo.

I've heard the matchmaking is decent - am I right in thinking that if I just play more matches I'd eventually get sorted in with mostly other noobs?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Barudak posted:

Never in a million years would have figured out the propeller

I tried to for a bit and couldn't lol

Also lmao I love the Diamond Cheevos that Xbox gets now, PC's are lacking

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/XboxWire/status/1466815839181574146

Death Trash was pretty cool when I played it during a previous Steam demo fest. I'm looking forward to Loot River.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

External Organs posted:

Even including my entire gaming past I've probably only ever put like... 30 hours into all Halo games combined so it's not exactly my wheelhouse. But I would like to get better, as it's really fun, and the 8 seconds of respawn time is the worst part of the game imo.

I've heard the matchmaking is decent - am I right in thinking that if I just play more matches I'd eventually get sorted in with mostly other noobs?

Historically, this has been the case all through the Halo games. You will eventually get matched up with people closer to your TrueSkill or whatever 343 is using. You get trounced enough, and you SHOULD be getting matched up with other people that got trounced. I think that can vary when you do BTB but that's usually just silliness anyway so I don't think it's a big deal.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

John F Bennett posted:

I mow my own drat lawn once a week over the summer. And where I live, that's 9 months out of the year. I refuse to install Lawn Mower Game it's insulting

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Mowing lawns during meetings, good poo poo.

I don’t get how you get 99%+ though. I mow tight lines then weedwhack the perimeter but I max out at like 98.5.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

ultrachrist posted:

Mowing lawns during meetings, good poo poo.

I don’t get how you get 99%+ though. I mow tight lines then weedwhack the perimeter but I max out at like 98.5.

Use Mower Vision to highlight the parts you missed

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Wtf, mower vision?? Missed this tutorial I guess.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Press and hold the right joystick button and it'll highlight everything that still needs trimming.

I finally managed to get an employee, a second mower, and a second trimmer. It seems as though things ramp quickly once you get to a certain point?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

External Organs posted:

Yeah I have played a bunch of Halo SP but I have maybe played 10 hours of Halo/Destiny MP combined in my life and I get absolutely crushed in those games to the point I have always just hated them. Feels like my ttk is is 5 times that of anyone shooting at me. Which is weird cause at any other MP shooter I am usually thoroughly mediocre, not terrible. I havent fire infinite up yet but I am fully expecting the same experience, but I'm at least gonna give it the ol college try while waiting for the campaign.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

why is this funny

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Mower vision is stingy because it only works while standing still but I can hit 99.5 now. Finished a lawn without whacking any flowers too!

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

https://twitter.com/okami13_/status/1466841361341104129?s=21

Why did I buy this on launch, haven’t even opened it yet

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The winning never ends

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I booted up Mirror’s Edge there to check out the FPS boost, it holds up ridiculously well for a game from 2009. Like it looks better than most Xbox One games.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

That's generally how ea play works.

The game has also been like 30% off a few times now.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I booted up Mirror’s Edge there to check out the FPS boost, it holds up ridiculously well for a game from 2009. Like it looks better than most Xbox One games.

The two boosted Sonic games might as well be current gen releases.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

kri kri posted:

I don't see anything to indicate it coming to Gamepass there though.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

That's generally how ea play works.

The game has also been like 30% off a few times now.

Steam keys were $10 on Amazon last week. And new games usually hit EA Play Basic after about six months, the timeframe is right.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Thom12255 posted:

I don't see anything to indicate it coming to Gamepass there though.

That's because it's likely hitting EA Play, included with Ultimate.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I was a moron who purchased the new Resident Evil before the October/November sales though, so pobody's nerfect.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I was a moron who purchased the new Resident Evil before the October/November sales though, so pobody's nerfect.

I bought Resident Evil 3 remake on day 1 and it was like 3 hours long and the multiplayer was bad and dead within a single day.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

I bought Resident Evil 3 remake on day 1 and it was like 3 hours long and the multiplayer was bad and dead within a single day.

Capcom's constant attempts to kick off Resident Evil multiplayer are almost cute.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Capcom's constant attempts to kick off Resident Evil multiplayer are almost cute.

The RE8 one was the funniest. A download code for nothing. Just a title screen for an abandoned game.

Idgi because it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to make a fun RE multiplayer game. Just make it co-op instead trying to make the awful pvp work. people have always liked mercenaries.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

The RE8 one was the funniest. A download code for nothing. Just a title screen for an abandoned game.

Idgi because it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to make a fun RE multiplayer game. Just make it co-op instead trying to make the awful pvp work. people have always liked mercenaries.

I wonder if they are liable for selling re8/reverse as a package and not delivering half of it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I finished 8 yesterday. Ten hours total. Easy as gently caress

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!

kri kri posted:

gently caress. Same

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

I wonder if they are liable for selling re8/reverse as a package and not delivering half of it

Capcom is probably pretty lucky that a. RE fans are generally pretty good spirited about the series and b. No one was really buying it for the multiplayer. If a lot of other series had pulled something like that people would be calling for their heads and threatening class action.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah literally nobody cares about Resi multiplayer, I have no idea why they keep trying it.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I just wanted to throw out that I’ve been working like 50+ hours/wk recently and all I’ve really played much of is Animal Crossing on my switch just to wind down before bed but…
I tried paychonauts 2 with the cloud play. That was rad. The ability to just pop into it and play without having to download it really made my day. It was just -bam- and I spent my 45 minutes playing and enjoying the game instead of dealing with any bullshit.

Then last night my 6 year old wanted help on fortnite to catch fish and his mind was blown seeing the detail of Carnage on the 55” 4k vs his little switch lite.
Xbox is doing all the winning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

kri kri posted:

I did too but i don't mind, it's a good complete package and it not being bound to a sub means I'll play it eventually lol