Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
And wanderers palace hard. That's an old rear end model, all the way back from ToAU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

While we're all waiting, here's an even more somber and melancholy cover of Footalls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgaBYiOLwnQ

Another fan put out a beautiful piano cover of the launch trailer song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Lpo2h-m5VM

I already knew there's a lot of talent and passion in the community, but it's impressive to see good content before the game even lands. Do we even know the title of the launch trailer song? I must listen to the full official person asap.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Can't vouch for the exact order of these, or that I even have the songs matched perfectly (orchestrion roll names are in the data), but these appear to be the dungeons for 6.0
Tower of Zot (Tower of Zot (Endwalker))
Tower of Babil (Garlemald Express)
Vanaspati (As the Sky Burns)
Ktisis Hyperboreia (Miracle Works)
Aitiascope (The Aetherial Sea)
Stigma Dreamscape (Of Countless Stars)
Dead Ends (Endcaller)
Smileton (Carrots of Happiness)

Hogama fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Dec 3, 2021

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
One of the things I'm really curious about is the supposed new weapons from coffers from trials that didn't drop them in the past like innocence.

I'm wondering if we're going to get new models or what.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Okay, reading a little more, it makes a LOT of sense why they didn't want to show more of the fifth zone.
(plot spoiler stuff)
It's not in our time. YEAH, WE'RE GOING THERE.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Here's an enemy that's in, it's not a major plot spoiler, just maybe a fun surprise in store for your nostalgia

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
kefka got roided

e: game is up and oh man that title screen is that good poo poo

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Dec 3, 2021

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
No.... How could the Forum be so evil?! How else are we going to get rid of them?!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
So, the answer to Anima's role in the story is it's a dungeon boss, the primal used to temper all the Garleans we've been seeing even in the tail end of Shadowbringers.

Also, how we get to the moon:

Hey, remember that 'Ragnarok class Internment Hulk' from Coils of Bahamut?

Cythereal fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Dec 3, 2021

Moofia Boss Val
May 14, 2021

Cleretic will be pleased to learn that Thavnarian alchemy is brought up several times.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Cythereal posted:

So, the answer to Anima's role in the story is it's a dungeon boss, the primal used to temper all the Garleans we've been seeing even in the tail end of Shadowbringers.

Also, how we get to the moon:

Hey, remember that 'Ragnarok class Internment Hulk' from Coils of Bahamut?

Not at all what I expected but whatever. What's the boss theme used for it?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Nuebot posted:

Not at all what I expected but whatever. What's the boss theme used for it?

Just the standard dungeon boss theme for Endwalker, it seems.

Looks like the mid-expansion trials are (MAJOR spoilers): Zodiark and Hydaelen.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cythereal posted:

Just the standard dungeon boss theme for Endwalker, it seems.

Looks like the mid-expansion trials are (MAJOR spoilers): Zodiark and Hydaelen.

lol people said my idea was stupid and it was real, owned

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
What levels are the trials?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

What levels are the trials?

74 and 77, looks like. They're also the first two EX trials, both framed as Minstrel's Ballads.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
...wow. I didn't expect we'd ever find out anything concrete regarding (Thavnair first visit spoilers) Amon. Let alone that he was the original soul for Fandaniel.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I’m only level 81 but I’m already starting to think that people who predicted (final boss prediction based on story up to 81) Necron would be the final boss might’ve been onto something.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Harrow posted:

I’m only level 81 but I’m already starting to think that people who predicted (final boss prediction based on story up to 81) Necron would be the final boss might’ve been onto something.

The supposed leak is that that particular enemy is the second to last trial at level 89, not the final boss.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Cythereal posted:

The supposed leak is that that particular enemy is the second to last trial at level 89, not the final boss.

I see, more than three trials this time around? Or is the final boss not a trial?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Harrow posted:

I see, more than three trials this time around? Or is the final boss not a trial?

I don't know. I haven't been following the datamining 100%, I don't know if there even is in fact a level 89 trial. So yeah, your guess might be right on the money.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I hope so, if only because (possible final boss spoilers if I'm right) Necron was such a maligned final boss choice for FFIX. Seeing him come back as the final boss of something as hyped as the whole Hydaelyn/Zodiark saga would be pretty rad, especially if there's some actual setup this time around.

Anyway time for me to duck out before I learn more than I intend to!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Harrow posted:

I hope so, if only because (possible final boss spoilers if I'm right) Necron was such a maligned final boss choice for FFIX. Seeing him come back as the final boss of something as hyped as the whole Hydaelyn/Zodiark saga would be pretty rad, especially if there's some actual setup this time around.

Anyway time for me to duck out before I learn more than I intend to!

On the other hand, it would be the funniest thing ever if, once again, Necron just kinda showed up without any buildup and was just a giant blue guy from nowhere who you fought after the logical final boss

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Big spoilers incoming for the level 89 trial boss.

So the penultimate trial boss is Hydaelyn herself. She is testing the Wol.
She recites a modified, perhaps complete version of 'Hear, Feel, Think' while her big attack phase with adds is going on.
Hear...The song of creation's end...
Feel... The sorrow at hope's demise...
Think... And find your way in the darkness...
Follow your light... Or fly, my children, and never look back!
Then she does the Hydaelyn kick pose and hits everyone with Exodus.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
It does sound like, from the datamining, that the last boss is actually the being responsible for the Final Days. So yeah, that could be Necron.

Alternatively, do remember that if you take things at face value, the final boss of Shadowbringers is Hades - which is true, but also not really the truth.

Cythereal fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Dec 3, 2021

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

I had to log out for dinner so I didn't complete it, but there's a Several Cutscenes Play In Sequence at level 83 where Fancy Daniel shows up out of nowhere and Ascian Teleports you to Zenos for a dinner party, during which you find out you're in Random Imperial Soldier's body and your own body is slumped into Zenos' throne. (You saw this in the trailer over misleading audio.) Then Zenos teleports into -your- body and takes off for where all your friends are, and you start a 25-minute timed Escape From Garlemald duty where you're in this random rear end in a top hat's body who only has the paladin combo, Fight or Flight, and Rampart; and you have to get to your friends before Zenos (in your body) does.

I am shook.

Game is fantastic btw

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

I've only had Matsya for a day and a half but if anything happened to him I would kill everyone in this village and then myself.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Any word on how to get Papa Paissa yet?

Moofia Boss Val
May 14, 2021

Garlemald has been pretty awesome thus far. The people hate your guts. The survivors would rather commit suicide than accept handouts from you. Exactly the hard feelings I wanted.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Do role quests open at 81 or are they available right away at 80?

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Minor spoilers for estinien in thanavir.

Estinien going to Thanavir and getting ambushed by overeager indian-accented alchemists who notice all the congealed dragon blood on his weapon and that he's been infused with dragon blood ever since being possessed by NIddhog is so loving funny. They surround him like a horde of zombies who desperately want his blood.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
edit: wrong thread, boy I shoulda read the thread title, glad I didn't get anything spoiled haven't played since SHB launch

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Dec 4, 2021

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Moofia Boss Val posted:

Garlemald has been pretty awesome thus far. The people hate your guts. The survivors would rather commit suicide than accept handouts from you. Exactly the hard feelings I wanted.

after the 3rd instance of this type of thing happening I was like cool, lets move on gently caress these guys

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

was 100% expecting VAUTHRY: TWO at r@h

e: oh shoot friend

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Lol, it gets harder and harder to ship those two.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

sweet geek swag posted:

Lol, it gets harder and harder to ship those two.

Disagree, it's about as easy as it's ever been. Especially because the ship is built on Sadu just utterly dunking on Magnai every chance she gets.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
E: This probably belongs in the other thread

readingatwork fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Dec 4, 2021

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I am very amused at the constant 'Emet-Selch is Amon' arguments we've been having now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
I mean it was basically right, an entirely correct reading of all the evidence and drawing some very natural conclusions

it just got the specific fancy lad wrong