Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

Celsius not doing too well after going on recorded about Tether ponzinomics, losing their CFO, and now losing 50mil in a heist

https://twitter.com/BigTimeCali/status/1466556925127000065

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Computer Serf posted:

Celsius not doing too well after going on recorded about Tether ponzinomics, losing their CFO, and now losing 50mil in a heist

https://twitter.com/BigTimeCali/status/1466556925127000065

1/x*n

smileys are getting really weird nowadays

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I see... A frowning clown with a pompadour.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

YggiDee posted:

I see... A frowning clown with a pompadour.

turn on your monitor

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

I’m sure they mean “wary” but yes, investors should be extremely weary of crypto by now.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Akratic Method posted:

I’m sure they mean “wary” but yes, investors should be extremely weary of crypto by now.

Weary
Wary
Then
Now

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I don’t get why for years people have been saying bitcoin is less traceable than cash. Less traceable than a credit card? Yeah totally I get that, but than cash? I’m no tech wiz but that doesn’t make any sense to me. Am I the idiot here or is it really as super secret as bitcoiners claim?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

It’s less traceable in a specific way than cash but otherwise it’s just a big neon sign.

Like people who say credit cards are less traceable than cash because a third party watching you give your credit card to someone has a harder time seeing how much money you’re giving them than if you gave them a bunch of cash.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
A licence to print monkey.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > Bitcoin: A licence to print monkey

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

ultrafilter posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > Bitcoin: A licence to print monkey

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012

ultrafilter posted:

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I’d say to at least spell “license” correctly but given the subject material it works

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

jokes posted:

I’d say to at least spell “license” correctly but given the subject material it works

trolling or dumb?

impossible to determine in the bitcoin thread

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

actually probably just american, as usual

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Americans spell things correctly but British people usually have better linguistic style.

License > licence. Armor > armour.

With exception, of course. Adding (or preserving) an -e before suffixes as in acknowledgment (American) versus acknowledgement (English) reads better in my opinion.

British people are loving dumb and gross for adding an -l when writing words like cancellation (English) versus the superior cancelation. Cancel + ation. Where’s that -l come from you limey idiots?

Conversely y’all TAKE away the -l in words that should have a double -ll. Enroll (American) versus Enrol (English).

I do like the fancy -ogue as in dialogue (English) versus dialog (American) though.

In short we’re both loving stupid.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

jokes posted:

Americans spell things correctly but British people usually have better linguistic style.

With exception, of course. Adding (or preserving) an -e before suffixes as in acknowledgment (American) versus acknowledgement (English) reads better in my opinion.

British people are loving dumb and gross for adding an -l when writing words like cancellation (English) versus the superior cancelation. Cancel + ation. Where’s that -l come from you limey idiots?

Conversely y’all TAKE away the -l in words that should have a double -ll. Enroll (American) versus Enrol (English).

I do like the fancy -ogue as in dialogue (English) versus dialog (American) though.

You seem to know a lot about that stuff. Hm... Wasn't there a guy who wrote a thing and it was half-American and half-British, and then people thought he was Japanese, but an Australian guy said it was him? An interesting coincidence.

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

jokes posted:

It’s less traceable in a specific way than cash but otherwise it’s just a big neon sign.

Like people who say credit cards are less traceable than cash because a third party watching you give your credit card to someone has a harder time seeing how much money you’re giving them than if you gave them a bunch of cash.

Isn’t Bitcoin itself being massively investigated by the FBI because the blockchain is such a good way to try to tie people to crimes?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lmao, just realised NFTs have less protection than an image from shatterstock.

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

Your fortuitous arrival is most welcome! Now, I am spared the bother of hunting you down!

College Slice
So my employer decided to give us a nice bonus... entirely in bitcoin. What the gently caress. I don't want anything to do with this whole crypto poo poo, but now i'm forced to.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

just sell it

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

Your fortuitous arrival is most welcome! Now, I am spared the bother of hunting you down!

College Slice

I'm going to,but I'm still going to have to make an account and interact with that poo poo and upload my ID and verification and now i feel dirty

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

E_Motion posted:

So my employer decided to give us a nice bonus... entirely in bitcoin. What the gently caress. I don't want anything to do with this whole crypto poo poo, but now i'm forced to.

You should take a poo poo on his desk.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

E_Motion posted:

judo flip your boss irl then drop a sick one liner like "keep the change...bitch :hehe:"

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

rotinaj posted:

Isn’t Bitcoin itself being massively investigated by the FBI because the blockchain is such a good way to try to tie people to crimes?

Yeah the blockchain is basically the perfect way to track crimes. Talk about innovation!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

E_Motion posted:

arent there recent bills/laws that made doing this with giftcards legal? should this also sort of almost fall under that?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

E_Motion posted:

I'm going to,but I'm still going to have to make an account and interact with that poo poo and upload my ID and verification and now i feel dirty

Ask him the cash equivalent at whatever BTC is trading at right now and see what he says.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

jokes posted:

Bloody English, can't even get English right.

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008

Paladinus posted:

You seem to know a lot about that stuff. Hm... Wasn't there a guy who wrote a thing and it was half-American and half-British, and then people thought he was Japanese, but an Australian guy said it was him? An interesting coincidence.

Rawhide Kobayashi?

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Wonder if the boss is doing that to get around IRS reporting

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

PhazonLink posted:

arent there recent bills/laws that made doing this with giftcards legal? should this also sort of almost fall under that?
As long as options exist as ready-to-tax-evade packages, you're not going to find a lot of political advocates for restricting securities as payment methods.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Nybble posted:

Wonder if the boss is doing that to get around IRS reporting

It’s always this

There’s no reason to pay people differently than normal except to get around taxes or a severe case of the dumb. But 90% of the time it’s the tax fraud

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I'm the pitcher of "milk" hovering above the one on the right and spilling everywhere

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
So will it be repulsive randomly generated catgirls, or just a bot just autogenerating hyperlinks to all images on Pixiv that contain the “catgirl” tag?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Protocol7 posted:

I'm the pitcher of "milk" hovering above the one on the right and spilling everywhere

horny coin was taken

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

jokes posted:

It’s always this

There’s no reason to pay people differently than normal except to get around taxes or a severe case of the dumb. But 90% of the time it’s the tax fraud

It's to force them into the system, hoping a few will become bitcoin users now that they've been forced into it. The only way to keep crypto going is to keep adding more users into it.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
https://twitter.com/jvckb0y/status/1466640490216837120?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Paladinus posted:

You should take a poo poo on his desk.

While he’s sitting at the desk.