Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

lollin that the MAGA CHUD parents who let their CHUDling offspring do a mass shooting through depraved neglect and enablement went on the lamb as fugitives and left him in lockup. time for Jr to learn self-reliance lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

BigglesSWE posted:

What if 9/11 was just a very loud metaphorical statement?

Stewie: "Oh come off it, Trump was just using a metaphor when he said to 'march to the Capitol'"

Brian: (scoffs) "Oh, right, like bin Laden did with the 9/11 terrorists"

(EXT: MOUNTAINOUS REGION: CAPTION READS "SOMEWHERE IN AFGHANISTAN")

(INT: CAVE)

(PHONE RINGS. THE CORD GOES INTO THE CAVE WALL AND THE RECEIVER IS MADE OF LIKE A GOAT OR WHATEVER)

bin Laden (in a broad Middle Eastern accent): "Hello?"

(MUFFLED GIBBERISH CAN BE HEARD ON THE OTHER END)

bin Laden: "You're WHERE?"

(MORE GIBBERISH)

bin Laden: "You stole a WHAT?"

(SOUNDS OF LOUD ULULATING FROM THE OTHER END FOLLOWED BY A DIAL TONE)

(BIN LADEN HANGS UP)

(BEAT)

bin Laden: (turns to camera) "Ooops! Hope that never happens again!"

(A HIPPO OR SOMETHING COMES INTO FRAME, FARTS, AND STARTS DOING THE MACARENA)

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Bright Bart posted:

I may or may not own firearms and you'll never know because you're not supposed to advertise that fact (irl).

HEY EVERYBODY THIS GUY OWNS GUNS THIS ONE THIS GUY RIGHT HERE

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

A society where everyone may or may not have a gun up their rear end is a polite society

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Owlbear Camus posted:

lollin that the MAGA CHUD parents who let their CHUDling offspring do a mass shooting through depraved neglect and enablement went on the lamb as fugitives and left him in lockup. time for Jr to learn self-reliance lol

Lam. Not lamb.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Nocheez posted:

Lam. Not lamb.

They could be escaping on a tactical assault sheep you don't know that.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Nocheez posted:

Lam. Not lamb.

who's to say they didn't stock up on mutton for the road

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...
Did this pop up anywhere? Apparently they're just going to turn themselves in soon. Unless this is a cover so they can get further away... could be in Mexico if dedicated enough by now...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/jennifer-james-crumbley-charged-michigan-shooting-1.6272530

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

quote:

The Michigan couple charged with involuntary manslaughter after their teenage son was accused in a high school shooting left town for their own safety but are returning to face arraignment, according to a lawyer.

Shannon Smith provided a statement to media after authorities said they were searching for Jennifer and James Crumbley, the parents of Ethan Crumbley, 15. He was charged with murder and terrorism in the deaths of four students at Oxford High School on Tuesday.

ABC News cited a statement from the couple's attorneys saying, "The Crumbleys left town on the night of the tragic shooting for their own safety. They are returning to the area to be arraigned. They are not fleeing from law enforcement."

Fugitive warrant issued
Charges against the parents were announced earlier Friday by Oakland County prosecutor Karen McDonald, who said at a news conference that they bought their son the weapon as a Christmas gift and didn't intervene despite problems at school that day.

A fugitive warrant was issued for the couple Friday. Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard told CNN that police were searching for the Crumbleys after the couple's attorney told his office they had stopped responding to messages.

"If they think they're going to get away, they're not," Bouchard said, noting that a "host" of detectives, as well as the FBI and the U.S. Marshals Service, were looking for them.

LMAO the "we were just scared so we ran" defense. Pretty sure if you aren't white that usually results in gunshots to the back but okay.

Also if you were truly afraid for your own safety you could have like maybe just surrendered.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
It tracks with the usual chud state of being: "Always the victim".

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

BigglesSWE posted:

Are guns like tomatoes? Do they only survive so long in the fridge before they get mouldy?

Well, if your name is Bubba, they don't last too long before Mr. Hacksaw and Mrs. JB Weld gently caress guns into shameful pieces of trash

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

BigglesSWE posted:

Are guns like tomatoes? Do they only survive so long in the fridge before they get mouldy?

Guns are actually more like acorns, in that fundies like to bury them all over the place "just in case" and either they end up dying for some reason(:hmbol: :crnasickos: :hmbol: ) and never get around to digging them back up, or BATFE digs them up and confiscates them. But also serious criminals one-and-done cheap guns so they can't be connected by the gun itself, almost like tossing the gun is the cost of business.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Yes quite sure they will be rolling up to the police station to turn themselves in aaaannnyyyy minute now.

https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1466939115539103744?s=21

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

It just hit me picturing myself back at 15 and how little of my life I have experienced at that point and that this dumb gently caress is going to be sitting in a box the rest of his.

Holy hell does this family have the “make bad decisions gene.”

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Asterite34 posted:

Always a good sign when a grown-rear end man can't be distinguished by voice from a deranged murderous teenager badly trying to impersonate an authority figure.

Well I guess that's cops for ya :lol:

Depends. Were there any black kids in the classroom? They were probably thinking which gunman to take their chances with

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

I loving told you the parents were going to try to run for it!

They are only capable of making bad decisions.

They have no loving idea what they’re up against lol

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

BigglesSWE posted:

I feel like if the parents ends up being charged (as they should, goddamn), the text "don't do it" is gonna bite them real hard in the rear end. At a time where pretty much every other parent in the area would write "ARE YOU OK GET TO SAFETY LOVE YOU" she just instantly knows that her son is the one. Even with the added context of the last few days leading up to it, it's a bad loving look.

What absolute monsters.

Maybe by “don’t do it” she meant “don’t use your sweet new handgun to put your life at risk heroically trying to stop the school shooter”? You ever think of that, smart guy or gal?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

What kind of ATM lets you get $4k?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

MrMojok posted:

Yes quite sure they will be rolling up to the police station to turn themselves in aaaannnyyyy minute now.

I always laugh when I see Toobin back on CNN. They simply couldn't find another legal analyst anywhere and had to bring back the guy who jacked off on camera in front of all his colleagues.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Murdstone posted:

I wondered that too. I think my card/account limits me to $300 per day

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010

Carth Dookie posted:

The idea of having minors at any range under any circumstances (much less by the dozen) is just insanely weird to a non American such as myself, btw.

I mean I can vaguely imagine it as part of some military cadet program... Maybe?

Yeah it's insane by any non-american measure but the really crazy thing is Im definitely in the minority since most kids don't get this but instead learn by stealing Uncle Billy Bob's revolver for the day at best or at worst actively encouraged by their dumb rear end parents, which results in the completely predictable school shooting scenarios we end up posting about about 12-15 times a year

Guns and gun violence is so normalized here it's insane. I have two friends who were at two different events where mass shootings occurred. That's in the last two years. I don't know a single person who has used a gun to dissuade a burglar or mugger or w/e, though I definitely know dozens of people who fantasize doing so someone upthread so aptly described

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I always laugh when I see Toobin back on CNN. They simply couldn't find another legal analyst anywhere and had to bring back the guy who jacked off on camera in front of all his colleagues.

Imagine being "treated" to this sight on Zoom and then having to look him in the eye with a straight face on national TV. :lol:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Murdstone posted:

only thing I can think of is multiple cards and accounts but 500 is a pretty common daily limit so even if it let them each pull 500 out of checking and savings and say they had individual checking too that's what 3 grand?

lifetime supply of Pocky
Aug 19, 2003

Owlbear Camus posted:

only thing I can think of is multiple cards and accounts but 500 is a pretty common daily limit so even if it let them each pull 500 out of checking and savings and say they had individual checking too that's what 3 grand?

if you call your bank and ask nicely, you can set your limit to whatever you want.

did this to post cash bail one time

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
Lol that the parents just Joe Dirt’d their kid and are on the way to Mexico and the lawyers are probably making GBS threads their pants in fear and rage that the parents won’t pay up.

This is just America.txt

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

MrMojok posted:

:lol:

spunkshui posted:

They are only capable of making bad decisions.

“We don’t qualify for state aid cuz we’re not poor enough!”

*gets notice that husband’s over $1000 behind on child support payments*

*spends over $500 buying psycho 15-year-old son a sig sauer 9mm*

*drives a 2021 Kia*

*withdraws over $4k from ATM while evading law enforcement*

Yup.

:thunk:

Wouldn’t it be funny if someone robbed them of their $4k in cash and they’re dead? :lol:

Edit:
https://twitter.com/radiofreetom/status/1466941991690944513?s=21
:hmmyes:

Rod Hoofhearted fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Dec 4, 2021

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

When I was a degenerate gambler I used to regularly take a grand or more out in a day, the 300/500 dollar limits aren’t mandatory they’re usually just the default and people don’t ever request them to be raised.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Fortunately, I am too old to have had active shooter drills in school. What exactly is the procedure for the "all clear" I guess? A single cop going door to door in the hallway doesn't seem to be the way.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1466942761911914501?t=PFMS7hpHZJxCpnH6bqnIaA&s=19

Their lawyer lied to police lol

frh fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Dec 4, 2021

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

i withdrew 600 from an atm today to buy WEED

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Assuming they’re caught and alive, this disqualifies them from being eligible for bail, right?

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

kazil posted:

Fortunately, I am too old to have had active shooter drills in school. What exactly is the procedure for the "all clear" I guess? A single cop going door to door in the hallway doesn't seem to be the way.

Teacher locks the door, School Officer/Admin is the only other holder of the key. Don't open otherwise. 9th grade teacher here.

Also I teach in a box, no windows. This poo poo gets under my skin.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

kazil posted:

When I was in school it was the principal announcing it over the PA, or else a cop would come in with a key and get you room-by-room.

Then again, I'm 30, things have probably gotten far bleaker in the last decade.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Assuming they’re caught and alive, this disqualifies them from being eligible for bail, right?

*insert family guy skin colour grade sheet meme here*

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

one of those things that's entirely up to the judge

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Murdstone posted:

Any of them, if you contact your bank and ask to remove the daily limit. I did this once to secure a cheapish car purchase that I didn't want getting sold out from under me

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

ur honor I can safely say having been caught already my clients learned their lesson and are no longer a flight risk

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Crazy Ferret posted:

Teacher locks the door, School Officer/Admin is the only other holder of the key. Don't open otherwise. 9th grade teacher here.

Also I teach in a box, no windows. This poo poo gets under my skin.

It amazes me that people still voluntarily become teachers in the US. poo poo pay, poo poo systems, poo poo parents, risk of being murdered by a student, and to top it all off you have to go into debt after at least 4(?) years of uni.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
If they're in a suburb of Detroit, they're not all that far from the Canadian border. They were probably in Canada well before lunchtime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

lolin at the buried lede in here: the terrorist nerd hand-drew a friggin emoji in his psycho loser drawing.