Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
I'm guessing the 2 chances are that we didn't finish Bleeder off this time.
Has the last line in our Murderous Intent always been there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Looks like we gained the ability to equip two relics!

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Razakai posted:

I'm guessing the 2 chances are that we didn't finish Bleeder off this time.
Has the last line in our Murderous Intent always been there?

No, but I think it was used against Deimos or Bleeder and it didn't make them murdered to death.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

It- they, now that they're as far in control as they can be- passes down into the Back.

They know it isn't going to be the same Back. The nature of the Bloody Megalith has been changed, and so, the Bloody Megalith Back will change too. But like everything in the Back it was stacked, sandy-oil-water surging lazy in unclear layers. So somewhere there would be the state-layer of how it was when they came in, and from there, the chance of a much quicker return. They need that; there isn't a lot of time. They need to be in that room as soon as possible, and it has to be done while the body is well past operation. The sword is a hundred pounds. The shield a hundred more. Suit, shroud, and feather tickle-itch raw skin that's been torn to tatters, stained by oil and grease and blood. Hair is stuck to the body, plastered by dead organic glues. Living corpse.

Their feet hit the ground too hard. Knees shake and buckle, body collapsing, before they clamber back up with the help of Red's strength. The walls are trying to scream but it's all gibberish, and they explain to the walls that no they're not [DARK], they're not [SILVER], no, they're not [BANDAGING]. They're [] and they're going to climb. The rows and lines and halls of walls continue to object, tumbling over one another as the new Megalith Back fights against cohesion. They wander through the intersected remains of a church, feet crushing pale pink glass. The smell of grass and flowers gusts in through eight long curved holes.

The Back screams. It tries to resolve itself around their form, a water-drown of information and ideas unable to lock into place. They slide wet, entire sentences spoken in a second, water seizing when it remembers it was supposed to be stone, and oh look there's Bleeder and oh look there's Bleeder and oh look there's Bleeder and oh look there's Bleeder and oh look there's Bleeder and oh look there's Bleeder and oh look there's Bleeder they carefully don't look at the corpses (Bleeder (%) x1 Bleeder (%) x1 Bleeder (%) x1 Bleeder (%) x1 Bleeder (%) x1 Bleeder (%) x1 Bleeder (%) x1) while they carefully walk Down.

The mushrooms are trying to spore to floodheal the brain, but they can't allow that at such a critical moment, so they gently pap the fungus and convince it that everything is fine. It's not, but they have to believe it just long enough for it to have a chance to become true. With the first layer swam through they heft the shield and dive Down, coming into a space liminal that connects nothing to nothing. Here, where nothing can be anything, something intersects through the matter of events to bring hostility. Is it a murder from the future? From a could-have, a never-was? Sword and shield are raised with all the strength they can draw on.

They have no way of telling where it's from.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
I hope this thing is an actual mob and not a blob of glitches like the last thing. The whole Pluto sequence actually genuinely creeped me out.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
I have the nasty feeling we might not want to worry about whatever the hell that was(the scoop thing) because it's preoccupied with Bleeder. But also it seemed to be a pretty personal demon.

I don't think it's a glitch, though. We ran into it again last time.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
I presumed the encounter with it in the megalith was due to the nature of the glitch - when we first encountered it, it was because the megalith and Pluto tower got their maps scrambled. So part of the megalith was still linked to the tower, and had the glitch thing.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

VOTING CLOSED - They're Relieved.

Black Jet Drive - 5
The Crumbling City - 6
Junksalt Depot - 7
The Raw Steel Forge - 2
Ogre Encampment - 4

...LOADING

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Oh man, time to metaphorically (mostly) :f5: again. I voted for the ogre encampment as at least the ogres being neutral/hostile to us is a known factor... But I see I was outvoted.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
The extras(loading screens, Blue Book) seem to be shifting more and more towards the Holy End, huh.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
the second (?) runner seems to be posting to the forum while the first/primary runner is not. the holy end is getting some coverage, while our lil babbie tyrant is i think not being widely publicized? that could explain some of it.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

The only reason I didn't vote for junksalt is because of the "salt" in the title, and our body is still 14 kinds of hosed up. If you've ever gotten salt in an open wound or cut, you know why I'm wary.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
i think that's survivorship bias against people who got molten steel or a chunk of city in their wounds.

Grond
Mar 31, 2016

quote:

It's over!

Gained +100(!!) XP.
Rienne learned 'Marrowgore' + Crit% increased by 1!
Levity learned 'Curse Petit' + Mastered 'Body' and 'Curse'
Lumes learned 'Trance' + DR increased by 10%
Gandiva learned 'Lifȩbl̸eȩd' + 'The 7th Secret'

These four are probably the Wanderers and the Archer. I'm pretty certain Levity has to be the Emperor of Hell, I think Rienne might be the Holy Knight, Lumes might be the Emperor of Heaven and Gandiva might be the 8th Lord... maybe.

Which brings me to this:

The fact that there's a "Final Megalith" in the code is... something. As far as I can tell you could tackle the megaliths in any order. Theoretically you could go after Hunter first if you were so inclined (and weren't particularly attached to this mortal coil). So there being a Final Megalith implies... there's another lord to kill after getting to the first 7?

I hope we don't end up having to fight the Archer, of all people. "They're waiting up there for me, Melinda and Gandiva." I'm guessing that's the 8th Lord and the Anguitenen, maybe?

Grond fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Dec 5, 2021

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

The Blue Book posted:

"...knows about the ones tagged as 'Tyrant Swords', but nobody has yet managed to figure out what to make of the ones marked internally as 'PNWEAP', which includes Durandal, Dyrnwyn, Marcasite Edge, Greyswandir, Pyrrhic, Necoanguis, Pata, Holy Sword 'Farewell', the Lapis Leviticus, and the yet-to-be-found..."

"...prevention is one thing, but honest-to-God revives are rare enough to have their own page to track the few times that..."

".̵̨͘.̡͠.̨issue is if you assign a colonist with 'Has A Past' with MC&D. The short term benefits are huge, but it's always going to end with the Black Guard.̵͠.͟͠.̴͝"̴ ̷́͢

"...contemplating 'The Beautful Loop', giving an effect very similar to a Beauty In Hell..."

"They're the only ones who can hear the bells."

"...a bad minigame really, just not worth it for most oneruns. Especially annoying is having to remember how to make one 'Dryad Lite' with the right ratio of..."

"...worth it since conquering it will always generate and drop one Major Artifact, drawing from an unusual pool that can include things like the Rail Revolver, one of the Magic Orbs, a Crown, a Wishstone, the Merit Award, Black Shirt..."

"...they agree 'True Taunt' is suicidal, not a single onerun has resisted the temptation to abuse it for the power boost it..."

"...too great. There's a chance that starts high and only gets higher with every HP healed that you'll become addicted, and REFUSE to remove it for fear of..."

"...Mythos Knights. The King's Ghost has fewer than expected for its title, but they're always of Royal nature. Cthugha has a startling amount, though its gifted power usually..."

"...about Black Jet Drive, they range from 'intmidating' to 'nearly-Lord level' in sheer danger. Ignoring the bosses and minibosses, onerunners agree that the worst (and best avoided) there are the Rogue Lord-Chassis, Black Op Zombie, Briefcase Runner [Hot], Shinesparker..."

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

The Blue Book posted:

:words:

"...about Black Jet Drive, they range from 'intmidating' to 'nearly-Lord level' in sheer danger. Ignoring the bosses and minibosses, onerunners agree that the worst (and best avoided) there are the Rogue Lord-Chassis, Black Op Zombie, Briefcase Runner [Hot], Shinesparker..."

Sounds like we dodged a bullet in not voting for our encounter to be from the Black Jet Drive table... Though that doesn't mean that we won't encounter something just as terrible.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

"...too great. There's a chance that starts high and only gets higher with every HP healed that you'll become addicted, and REFUSE to remove it for fear of..."

... is this talking about Bleeder's coat?

Grond
Mar 31, 2016
The crumbling city was a level 40 grinding zone back in the Holy Valley... and it doesn't even look like it was the worst option to pick from there. Welp. That Doomed trait is not just for show, holy cow.

Grond fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Dec 5, 2021

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
kobold giveth, kobold taketh away

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

the Blue book posted:

"They're the only ones who can hear the bells."

I wonder what this means, given our character has been said to hear the bells at times...

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away

taiyoko posted:

I wonder what this means, given our character has been said to hear the bells at times...

Bells/chimes are generally associated with the Holy End, I think.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

quote:

ST: 10
DX: 11
IQ: 10
HT: 8
WL: 30
PE: 13

HP: 10 / 10
FP: 8 / 8

SP: 3.00 (Slowed!)
DM: 1d+1
DR: 6
DE: -3 [+Shield]

You Block on a 9 or less.

Perks: Singing Voice; Ticket to Paradise; Ambassador; The Patience
Flaws: Shadow;
Traits: Hyenaheart; HERALD

Class:

Skills/Powers: ! [30]; ![ER_INVALID] [6]; !First-Aid [6]; ! [30]

Techniques: †Timed Hit!; 9 Lives; Molten Veins; UHE_FHP; ҉ Sign
Spells: Tourmaline ▮▮▮ns

We: The Black Blade
Gn: Revolver [2/6]
Ar: Dark Suit
Re: Kurczerwony
̴ ͠ Re: Solar Veil
Re̸:͝ Oilstained Shield

Okay.

Let's go.

: [100%]

Crawling through smothering black velvet.

Their body writhes and kicks, jagged nails ripping through the cloth-mist. It carries them in the direction of gravity, sword wedged to split the path clean. They spill down onto hardcloth ground, still keeping to a crawl. They look around - a narrow corridor, carved brown with glass and all the opacity of a secret with no one left alive to tell it.

They stop themselves from walking down the softfloor hall. Can you hear it? Booths all the way down to where it vanishes into velvet. They stand by the door to one, sword and shield ready as they peek the corner and understand.

There, right there in the wall, a tiny split in the cloth through which an arm has pushed. The arm is skinny and frail, and it's searching, pressed to limit to feel around on the table before it. The table which sits in the middle of the little booth, carved from something that rots inside the brain when it thinks about hate for too long. On the table they can see a gun. It's small, and it holds six shots, and it only has one bullet. The hand is so close to finding it.

They don't hesitate. They know they can't touch the arm, but they can change what it can reach. The sword is sheathed, and their hand reaches out slow, shaking still from the violence. It touches the gun (icesting cold) and pulls it up without making a sound, setting it hidden under the table on the ground. Can't take the bullet from it. It has an intent, one they can't afford to internalize. So they move on.

The next booth is avoided, empty. The third is dying, the cloth rotten and table sagged. The fourth one is death, a window emptying cold air. They try to sneak by.

(DX - Stealth) 11 [3]+[5]+[4] = 12 - Failure.
vs
(PE - Notice) ?? [5]+[4]+[4] = 13 - Failure.

...but they trip, arms so so tired holding stone and shield. They scramble ahead a little further, and something inside the window notices, making a sound that cools their spine at the memory of what it belongs to. It brings them back to the longest days. When it searched for them across the endless weeks, entire cities devoured in hours. Servitors... no, they served nothing but the maximum entropy that existence was dissolving into. Nobody ever called them Servitors. They were what the oversea soldiers had called them.

The Boogeyman.

Next booth. The Boogeyman is already there. It's going to sing now, God the lulling heartbreak beauty of how it can sing, and it's going to look for matter to sweep. Meat to scoop. All dust, all bacteria, all blood, all biomatter; swept evilly clean away, where no life would ever grow again. a fine blackgloss iridescence left. The booth is already empty. The table is already consumed. There's just the singing black now, and...

It. Sees. Them.

(!̶͢É̶̀̀͡N̡҉̸͠T̸̛̛Ŗ͡O̢͟҉P̷͟Y̵̶͟) ?? [4]+[5]+[6] = 15 - Success.
vs
(Block) 9 [3]+[1]+[5] = 9 - Success.
[Blocked 37 damage!]

It doesn't whip, or thrust, or swing. The Boogeyman doesn't work like physics does. It grows, angular displacement of matter, air popping softly as it simply blossoms into space along unseen angles and bent lines. They get the shield up in the right place purely by chance. The force is not delivered kinetically, but rather vibrationally, absorbed by the shield which begins to keen in bell-ring from the Boogeyman's firm touch. They recoil, arm almost bursting from the socket. The sword is swung and touches air before they reel and run, knowing that when the Boogeyman finally figured out you were thinking, it would become fixated on the chase.

Sixth booth. Already filled with salt and a strange luminant cyan gel. Already being torn open by the Boogeyman. No time left to tread carefully; the seventh booth is open and it has an exit, a gate of logic that made no sense to anything but itself. The exit has no shape that can be seen, save for out of the corner of one's eye, a displaced sliver of light and salt. The plan to plumb the Back for an escape back into the Pluto's basement is abandoned. They leap headlong into the exit.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

A lot of changes to the character now, versus what's on the google docs sheet.

Strength and Health are both at half, but Will is at 30. I think the drop in HP/FP, as well as our drop in damage are due to the drop in their related stats?

Interestingly, our Magery and Mushrooms are apparently replaced by some perk called "The Patience", while the Doomed and Bloodlust flaws are both replaced by .

Lionheart is now Hyenaheart? Does it change mechanically, or just in name? Also Murderous Intent is gone...

No mentions of our corruptions.

Our class is not showing as Tyrant, either, unless the glitch is how the player sees them normally (given that this is shown in a quote box, after all)? Though we've (always, I think?) had a glitched Archetype as well as Tyrant and Psychic, assuming that's the glitched version of Chirgeon?

Wonder if that means that !Tyranny and !Darkness are also the glitched abilities, but also no mention of ESP alpha.

Techniques are missing Tyrant Manifest, Deadwalk, Blade Majestueux, Inevitable, Silver Mind, and Psychic Shield, and perhaps the previously showing as blank skill on our sheet is the UHP_FHP listed?

We're missing almost all our spells as well.

And again, I ask, where did this Dark Suit come from? We were wearing the Kadath Regalia in the fight.

And on top of that, instead of a dark grey @, we're now represented in a light yellow.

And seemingly, our character is now running on a fourth? personality, one that only emerges when the other three are unable to be present?

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
We equipped the Dark Suit after the fight.
I'm guessing all the character sheet weirdness is just a temporary thing while we're in a combo of being in the Back, weakened from the blood and injector crash, and just general weird aftereffects of this whole experience.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Razakai posted:

We equipped the Dark Suit after the fight.

Yeah, but we never had a Dark Suit before the fight. We had the Old Suit and the Kadath Regalia. So where did the Dark Suit come from for us to equip it?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

taiyoko posted:

Yeah, but we never had a Dark Suit before the fight. We had the Old Suit and the Kadath Regalia. So where did the Dark Suit come from for us to equip it?

Wait... didn't we strip Bleeder out of his coat? ...uh... did we put on his horrible coat of terribleness?

Grond
Mar 31, 2016
The @ icon is gold, a they pronoun, Hyenaheart as a trait.

poo poo, I think this may be the Holy End version of ourselves. Maybe? Then again we're not the Bandager either.

Huh.

Grond fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Dec 10, 2021

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away

Randalor posted:

Wait... didn't we strip Bleeder out of his coat? ...uh... did we put on his horrible coat of terribleness?

According to the Blue Book this is Bleeder's loadout:

The Blue Book posted:

WE: Marrowcrusher
AR: Antediluvian Armor
RE: Ivory Cloak

So I'd say we don't have his suit. Hopefully.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
In that case I guess the dark suit is the altered version of the old suit, like all the altered versions of our traits. It being a Holy End thing makes sense.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Actually, I don't see the black crown listed either. And... why is Herald in all-caps?

Grond
Mar 31, 2016
I'm thinking about the Servitor we just ran from. There's three things that I find interesting here. First is the mention of sweeping matter and scooping flesh. It reminds me of the Pluto Tower sequence, where this disembodied voice was shouting about scooping and protomatter... Maybe the glitched thing that followed us there is an example of the Entropy that it's serving. Apparently it also has a really good singing voice, which may mean it is the "singing nightmare" that killed us in our last life... and it could also mean it has a connection with us.

And reading the post after we chose our class as well as this one, it looks like our character knows what these things are:

quote:

Your clarity begins to dim, but not without having seen something illuminated. Your mind ruminates over all you've forgotten, and the ease with which you've simply adapted to an existence you woke up to. You feel like you... you did some medical training? No, of course you did, when you first joined. They were teaching all of you a little bit of everything they knew and could share, and there wasn't any time for the kindness of a slow class. It was all done in the moment. Another air raid siren, another street skirmish, another escape, another Servitor strike, and bodies would hit the ground, and something had to be done to stop them from dying.

quote:

You draw a finger across the Sun-warm tank shell. What were your skills, they asked.

What skills? Bang bang until you've won, stab stab until it's done. Sit in a tiny tunnel tight, put together guns all through the night. Mend a wound. Identify when the Boogeym- when a Servitor was come, when it was time to run. Raise a shovel dig a hole. Hide without breathing from the patrols.

Oh they banged their fists on the table so loud. Gnashing the words; those aren't skills, those are kills. Useless useless useless. What CAN you DO?

You could die. But she took that away. That's something you didn't say. So you gave them (cold bluenumb buzzing inside) the one thing you promised yourself you'd never let them have.

You like to sing.

Three years later you had a degree, and you made the final million hearts ring. The bells never stopped screaming. But now-

I suppose that explains in-story why we know first-aid without having learned from the Doctor in the colony, it's our war training. That may be a justification as to why we know some Chirurgeon techniques after the glitched class selection.

And, well, seeing how we have a Dark Suit, instead of an Old Suit... I'm thinking we're right now as we were in the days of the war that broke the world, before falling into this new existence, before becoming Slonce, before encountering the Black Crown, before Smiercia gave us her gift of immortality. Maybe, because we reverted to this state, the Boogeyman spawned, since it was one of the things we fought back then, and so the Back reacted to that memory...

We still have traits like Ambassador and the Key to Paradise, which means this may be more of a mental thing than an actual reversion to how our character was back then. The suit is still the same as it was, it didn't change, but we don't see it as being old, because it wasn't at this point in time for us. So we call it the Dark Suit instead of the Old Suit... I think. I guess that's also why the Black Crown does not appear, it doesn't fit our self image right now.

I suppose this is what happens after all our facets including the Third personality (which may be the bandager) are exhausted after being abused to hell during a really big fight. We fall back to this mental state of how we were during the war... maybe?

Grond fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Dec 12, 2021

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

That does seem like a likely explanation.... Though now I wonder how much BA mines our speculation and theories for ideas of ways to make things even more mysterious.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

OST: Lonedrift

They stand up, casting the shroud over their eyes to avoid the glare.

Past dawn? So a safe time to be walking the half-corpse. Tickled by granules, they drop the shroud to peek. It goes back up again immediately when bruised eyes spark from the bright. Ow. The shroud is pulled tight, gauzing the eyes from the light. But where is it coming from? The sky is clouded, with no Sun to be seen; the solar silk's glarecut reveals why after a minute of looking around, to make sure nothing followed.

Can't see where the vista ends. A hand scoops down into the ground... crumbly, dry, but with weird wet pockets that makes it clump. They're pretty sure it's salt, pale and warm. It has a strange quality to it, sand-soft save for certain angles and spreads where it feels feathery hard, those angles catching even the most minute light and cascading it out with blinding irregularities of aventurescence. They slide down a long salthill, reaching the bottom to find what is really helping to cast out the glitter in such gloom. It's what wets the sand; pools of it, puddle and pond, scattered all through the lonely pale. It glows with its own weird light, capturing what few starved photons make it through the iron, hued an intense blue. They manage to find a small depression filled with the substance and discover it to be quite viscous; a bizarre jelly-syrup that crackles when it moves, surging with an oily inner light that moves in weird patterns. Its light often spills out in little glow-ups, the surface tension bursting. The puff of photons is caught by the surrounding salt, quickly refracted into the dazzleglare.

They approach a steep saltslope and peek out a good angle, gingerly climbing on top of the shield to ride it down the hill to a safe crash dune. The sword provides the minimal brake and steering. They huddle atop the barren metal for a moment, the sky haunted with a wind that wasn't natural.

It all felt so awful, but they knew as the bells told; there is no other way for the birth of a .

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I feel I should say that ah, hah, while I did mean and commit to a much more frequent update schedule to get back to, work has been in extra busy from the holiday rush, and I’ve been getting called in a lot. So we’ll be finished and fresh for the next arc by New Year, but it’ll be a bit lumpy until then.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Hey, doin what you gotta do to keep a roof over your head and food in your belly is more important than writing a story for these dead gay comedy forums. I mean, I'll probably still check my bookmarks 50 times a day to see if there's an update anyway, but I'm used to good fiction taking a while to get sequel books/new chapters/etc.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

OST: Lonedrift

Going downhill seems like best course. They look up the climb, and stress their eyes through the gauze.

(PE) 11 [5]+[3]+[2] = 10 - Success.
[+1 Diamond Affinity] [-3 Shroud Cover]

It goes up for a long, long, LONG ways. Scary steep. There's signs of something more in the miles-rise, structure-ordered like machines. The way down is much more brief, curtained by the sheer mountain rise. They keep trying their luck with the oilslip on saltslide.

(DX - Saltsurfing) 11 [2]+[3]+[1] = 6 - Success!

Momentum. They think of the skateboard. A hard fly down the hill with a kickstart on the shield, steering again with the faster descent. But it comes easy. There's just enough Will there, just barely enough of the idea of the to be able to think only of the moment and 'oh wow it's fun to salt-tube down a huge hill on a slicked shield' and that was enough.

[+Joy]

God save it was enough to just stop thinking about it all for one holy happy moment.

They do it with such confidence that there's no need to really worry about the steer and steep. It's handled. Like leaping on the board for the first time in any life and acing the trick. God, God save, that unspeakable confidence of self-love. They'd do anything to teach its permanence. The shield spins and smashes into a shallow stretch of stop, where they can sword-steer into a long and slow descent from orbit. The jagged skyscrape mountains terminate not far from the end of the slope, and they get the feeling of belly-hurting hope that it's what they think it is. The gloom of the lones makes it hard to see beyond the end of the salty dunes, where there's the promise of oh-tall grass and the visions of what could be greens rivery.

This land sullen, so sullen, so so sullen!! They can't stand it. They want to collapse and hold to the wilted grass, and beg it remember the Sun. But they have to walk, walk for the want of Home. If this was the promise, then that meant it was feasible to make it to sanctuary before the corpse woke up to think it is a corpse before just enough heal can set it to make the lie a truth. So they surf to their feet, where the salt turned rigid and shelfed by scrubgrass, that soon crawled up the curtain mountains as a grassy-long mystery of predation. But is it there? On the irregular wind?

(PE - Smell The Wind) 1҉͡X̵͡͠ [6]+[1]+[2] = 9 - Yeah they smell it.

Yes. River, and green! They think as they follow their gnose. Go around the bend, and...

But which way to take to get back safest?
(Voting ends later tonight)

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

[There it is at last. Days of waiting and it resolved. Was Bleeder dead? An eaten soul of a Lord says yes. But many screens say no, that soul is still free to a living keeper. What to believe? No choice but to try to leave the Megalith, falling immediate through a false world of broken exit addresses and disturbingly unknown resolutions. But there - look. The landscape of dead ascii is escaped, and on the screen is the promise of the Salt Lones.]

[Scary but easy to back out of if you're not too high up. Menu won't open though, maybe not until an encounter or entering a location. Need to focus on just making a beeline back to the Hideout. Have to remember the ideal path. Can't think about Kwiat. Not until the door is knocked on.]

[In some way, a Lord is dead. Once the chapter is closed and tallied and all spoils are gained, the war begins in earnest; starting with when the world first decides to scream at midnight.]

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
Argh that last bit is making me even more worried about Kwiat. Red way because WE NEED TO GET THERE ASAP I'M REALLY AFRAID ABOUT WHETHER SHE'S DEAD.

Grond
Mar 31, 2016

Black August posted:

It all felt so awful, but they knew as the bells told; there is no other way for the birth of a .

Black August posted:

Momentum. They think of the skateboard. A hard fly down the hill with a kickstart on the shield, steering again with the faster descent. But it comes easy. There's just enough Will there, just barely enough of the idea of the to be able to think only of the moment and 'oh wow it's fun to salt-tube down a huge hill on a slicked shield' and that was enough.

[+Joy]

God save it was enough to just stop thinking about it all for one holy happy moment.

They do it with such confidence that there's no need to really worry about the steer and steep. It's handled. Like leaping on the board for the first time in any life and acing the trick. God, God save, that unspeakable confidence of self-love. They'd do anything to teach its permanence.

Hm. Well this class makes me think of a Bodhisattva actually. The insanely high WL stat, the focus on the present moment, the desire to teach. Buddhism teaches that there's an inner Buddha nature inside all sentient things, so the potential for Enlightenment is there for everybody, eventually, even people gone to Avici. Maybe this is representing that.

Problem is that from what little we've seen of our time as Slonce and before, we didn't exactly seem like the spiritual sort back then, so probably my earlier theory about us having regressed to our psychic state from before the Fall is not correct. Then again, it's not like we've been shown that period in a lot of detail, so who knows. All this focus on Bells and Signs had to come from somewhere in our past I guess. And maybe we have more than a single past, seeing as we have multiple personalities it wouldn't be a huge leap to think about us being actually multiple people inside a single body or something.

It's funny, whenever I make theories for other stuff I read it's usually to try to predict future plot threads and so on. Here I'm having to theorycraft just to try to make sense of what the hell I'm actually reading right now :v:

Grond fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Dec 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

VOTING CLOSED - Back to Back

Redway. Quick and silent. Stealth and shade. - 10
Blueway. Slow and long. Careful and quiet. - 5

...LOADING