Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

space chandeliers
Apr 8, 2008

Azathoth posted:

*stands up from chair and begins randomly roundhouse kicking in all directions*

please don't try this they just lock spacetime and it makes the street fighter 2 snes pause sound, it hurts so bad after

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

Maybe the entities are angry that TTSA's entire board of directors are MIC ghouls, Tom. The snakes made of teeth have always been cool or indifferent to me

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

Tom DeLonge posted:

It’s one giant antenna. Your ribcage, your arms, your brain, the whole thing’s an antenna. So this hypes up your antenna. Then all of a sudden, what do you see? You see a bunch of creatures that are very old, very powerful, that are more synthetic. That are AI. That don’t have the feeling, the emotions, they don’t have the love, the capability of love. They don’t have the capability as a soul that understands what love is, and love is what created the universe. But let’s just take that word “love” out and just say “unified mind.”

skewetoo posted:

I was in focus 21 when my body antenna received a telepathic message of "genetic construct" beamed straight into my mind said in a sort of dismissive way or with pity which jarred me a little bit and I'm like I'm sorry I'm not a pure being made of light believe me I wish I was
:eyepop:

goochtit has issued a correction as of 02:35 on Dec 4, 2021

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

space chandeliers posted:

please don't try this they just lock spacetime and it makes the street fighter 2 snes pause sound, it hurts so bad after

you are ken, they are guile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m73lGUXFVrE

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I kinda figured it'd be more that we're that car from the special stage

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

OP: leads post with a quote that mentions a rock star's drug trip in the first sentence of the quote
OP edit: mad about replies and doesn't understand why people are attributing this to a rock star's drug trip

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Think I just saw something burn up in the atmosphere. Even called a friend to confirm he could see it (he did). 6:42pm mountain time, 37.5°N central San Luis Valley, CO moving ENE. Line of lights, relatively equidistant between each other. Burned/faded out after watching it for 2 minutes.

Probably just space trash burning up but I was halfway through a joint, which is why I called my friend and couldn't be sure.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Pondering the orb if these synth ai can embody externals characters in our dreams.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egfMAwcpIq4

good song to explore skinwalker ranch w/ P'nut while astral projecting

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Think I just saw something burn up in the atmosphere. Even called a friend to confirm he could see it (he did). 6:42pm mountain time, 37.5°N central San Luis Valley, CO moving ENE. Line of lights, relatively equidistant between each other. Burned/faded out after watching it for 2 minutes.

Probably just space trash burning up but I was halfway through a joint, which is why I called my friend and couldn't be sure.

It's cool that this thread has people watching the skies and seeing cool poo poo even when it isn't birds.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I really don't know what it could be besides space trash. It covered such a large distance, from the horizon to beyond above me, 110° or so, in two minutes, and just kinda faded away. Maybe 30-40 lights, relatively equidistant from each other moving at the same speed, faded out from the front first, tail last, over a couple seconds. Absolutely spotless sky, not a cloud in sight, Venus maybe 10° off the WSW horizon, hour and a half since sundown.

Rationally, it's space trash, but it was just so loving weird.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

if we are genetic constructs, just a link in a chain doing stuff far beyond our purview i think the creators are long absent and it also implies we can tinker with said constructs and turn ourselves into a kinda dark souls character hunting down the gods and killing them one by one

or maybe this was some long dead anti galactic fed op, us earth the lot is one pawn in a great game of galactic politics put here by entities long since deceased/enlightened playing out moves that dont matter on a bloody and empty battlefield

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I really don't know what it could be besides space trash. It covered such a large distance, from the horizon to beyond above me, 110° or so, in two minutes, and just kinda faded away. Maybe 30-40 lights, relatively equidistant from each other moving at the same speed, faded out from the front first, tail last, over a couple seconds. Absolutely spotless sky, not a cloud in sight, Venus maybe 10° off the WSW horizon, hour and a half since sundown.

you got musked

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

damned elon and his infelicitous space graffito

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

Probably Starlink spam no? A friend in Socal is talking about seeing it too fwiw

https://youtube.com/shorts/IGZp9LbzxiY?feature=share

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Yeah it was Musk :argh:
https://twitter.com/billbowe5/status/1466923695188975616/photo/1
https://twitter.com/NWSGSP/status/1466952702215147521

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

sounds like starlink passing into the earth's shadow

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, it looks like the picture in that tweet.

Booooo.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

It's the 50 satellites launched yesterday, which are both "functional" satellites and also space trash.

I saw space junk reenter and burn once a few years ago (upper stage of a Long March rocket decaying from GTO), and you would absolutely know if you saw it because it breaks up as it enters the dense atmosphere and leaves trails of plasma behind all of the pieces. It's really loving awesome.

For a particularly spectacular example since it was planned to be recorded rather than spotted on the fly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrFJHwFIUEk

GWBBQ has issued a correction as of 04:19 on Dec 4, 2021

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

Sleekly posted:

if we are genetic constructs, just a link in a chain doing stuff far beyond our purview i think the creators are long absent and it also implies we can tinker with said constructs and turn ourselves into a kinda dark souls character hunting down the gods and killing them one by one

or maybe this was some long dead anti galactic fed op, us earth the lot is one pawn in a great game of galactic politics put here by entities long since deceased/enlightened playing out moves that dont matter on a bloody and empty battlefield
My Occult Club is at the ready

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

there's so much poo poo out there why is attacking god the first god drat thing ya go to when thinkin about getting goku powers dang y'all

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Riot Bimbo posted:

there's so much poo poo out there why is attacking god the first god drat thing ya go to when thinkin about getting goku powers dang y'all

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Early 2020 I was in the middle of nowhere along the Marlborough Sounds of NZ’s South Island doing some astrophotography, when one of the starlink satellites came hurtling along. Unreal to see it in such dark, dark skies but it also ruined my photos. Not a bird, just a fuckwit’s satellite. :(

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

k6bd is legit good, i fell off reading shortly after her drinking game b ut i really need to resume it

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Bilirubin i haven't read kill 6 billion demons but i wanna say that your avatar makes me laugh every time i see it

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
All that space junk is going to doom us. Infuriating how shortsighted/greedy those guys are; gently caress you human race, my family got ours. Have fun harpooning your way out of the Kessler syndrome we created.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

totally unrelated to aitees and peanuts but wandering over for a gander at the book barn reminds me, poster General Battuta is a published author and his first(?) novel The Traitor Baru Cormorant is pretty good; sort of a materialist take on fantasy without the typical dragons and wizards poo poo and instead focused more on empire and colonialism, economics and identity

i don’t like fantasy stuff as an adult but gave it a shot because i liked his work in Destiny (lol) and was pleasantly surprised

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I'll have to give it a shot. I've seen that recommended in a few places and it's always talked about quite highly.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Lampsacus posted:

Did you finish the trilogy? What are you thoughts?
I haven't even finished the first book but I like it a lot so far. Definitely has some very cool ideas.

Anyway this is my theory on what's happening with disclosure:

The Elizondo-Mellon crowd is part of a PR operation designed to salvage the government's legitimacy. "There were some really bad people in power who were hiding the truth from you. Thankfully we've beaten them with your help. You wrote to your legislators, and it worked. The good guys are back in charge!"

The whole tug of war that will play out between the old guard and the rebels is just theater and the end has been pre-determined. The op designers hope the public will feel like they successfully reformed the system instead of howling with rage when they learn the truth. The whole thing seems scripted.

Another possibility(not mutually exclusive) is that the information is so shocking they want to drip feed it or people will lose their poo poo. I think people are so burned out and focused on themselves that's not a concern, but maybe the government refuses to take any chances.

strange feelings re Daisy has issued a correction as of 07:10 on Dec 4, 2021

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Azathoth posted:

Bilirubin i haven't read kill 6 billion demons but i wanna say that your avatar makes me laugh every time i see it

Oh me too, it's really truth in advertising. Although right now it's probably more stoned than drink but

If anyone is behind in the comic just beware the current pages are super spoilery

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

lol this is the best thread title yet

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

sucks that the full quote wouldn't fit, stupid character limit

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

loving these constantly changing thread titles haha

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Wheeee posted:

totally unrelated to aitees and peanuts but wandering over for a gander at the book barn reminds me, poster General Battuta is a published author and his first(?) novel The Traitor Baru Cormorant is pretty good; sort of a materialist take on fantasy without the typical dragons and wizards poo poo and instead focused more on empire and colonialism, economics and identity

i don’t like fantasy stuff as an adult but gave it a shot because i liked his work in Destiny (lol) and was pleasantly surprised

He's a talented Goon. IIRC he also wrote two really well received Freespace 2 mods, one was called Blue Planet or something? Anyway they were awesome and worthy sequels to an awesome game

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
It's gonna be sad when we find out that the aliens came to Earth to study COVID and not us.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

The trope of synthetics being confused or jealous of biological impulses is so fucken dumb.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

alot of animals can see different light spectrums, spectrums that we can’t even see. would uaps hide in these different spectrums? could explain why some are only seen on IR gun cams?

sexy bird thoughts

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

after salvia I haven’t touched any psychedelics except mushrooms and those have never gotten me very far, tell me uap thread should i get some dmt

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
if you’d like but like be careful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

i wonder what machine elf tastes like