Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Darchangel posted:

Get a sort of T-bird feel to it.

I thought that's what they were going for when I saw the first pictures, a Meteor with the proportions of a T-bird would be kind of a cool custom.

Then I noticed what the actual proportions are and yeah. Hot Wheels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

KillHour posted:

Fixed it.

Now it looks like it needs tracks

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

slidebite posted:

Interesting. I don't know if I've ever seen it in alloys, but tbh I haven't exactly looked either. In the 70s/80s it was super common with steel rims. At least in the podunk wastelands of Northern Alberta it was.

A guy I know just put a set of those same dual pattern smoothies on his 64 Ford.

It's me. I'm the guy.

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

One more axle and you'll have an Argo.

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008

KillHour posted:

Fixed it.

WTF do you mean, "fixed it"? Where's the hot tub!??!!?!??!?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Joe Mama posted:

Turn off your monitor

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

quote:

It’s not everyday that a complete Lamborghini Murciélago drivetrain pops up for sale. This eBay listing comprises a complete LP 640 V12 engine, transmission, front and rear differentials and axles, and the Buy It Now price is $42,750 USD.

Someone please do the needful.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164471996695

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

But will it fit in a mini?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

PBCrunch posted:

Universal (double, really) bolt pattern wheels seem fairly common among aftermarket alloy wheels. I have never in my life consciously seen universal steelies.

I see it on the reproduction GM "Corvette" Rally wheels, and other repro vintage wheels intended for the hot rod crowd.

KillHour posted:

Fixed it.

Much better!

Joe Mama posted:

Inside the trunk. You don't want to leave it open to catch leaves and junk, do you?

Holy poo poo I want to put that in something the polar opposite of a Lambo. Some sort of '60s coupe or sedan, or a pickup, maybe.
Ooo! S10 Blazer! Range Rover?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Darchangel posted:

I see it on the reproduction GM "Corvette" Rally wheels, and other repro vintage wheels intended for the hot rod crowd.

Much better!

Inside the trunk. You don't want to leave it open to catch leaves and junk, do you?

Holy poo poo I want to put that in something the polar opposite of a Lambo. Some sort of '60s coupe or sedan, or a pickup, maybe.

'64 Continental for maximum juxtaposition. Mid-60s DeVille would also be acceptable.

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

I would love to throw this into my Volvo 245. The wheelbase is nearly the same with .6" of a difference!

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Solar Coaster posted:

I would love to throw this into my Volvo 245. The wheelbase is nearly the same with .6" of a difference!

:hmmyes:

Goon project.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

'64 Continental for maximum juxtaposition. Mid-60s DeVille would also be acceptable.

Solar Coaster posted:

These are excellent suggestions as well.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
What an excellent idea

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Lambo drivetrain in a square-sided panther

Bonus point for wagon

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Put it in the front of a FWD caddy. hook the front driveshaft up to a propeller.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Since I have zero interest in Lamborghinis or any other exotic is that thing rear (or mid) engine and awd? Or front engine and awd?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

wesleywillis posted:

Since I have zero interest in Lamborghinis or any other exotic is that thing rear (or mid) engine and awd? Or front engine and awd?

Mid engine all wheel drive. The engine sits in front of the rear axle, and sends power to the front through a driveshaft.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Put it in a Ferrari IMO

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Elephanthead posted:

Put it in a Ferrari IMO

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

ah, the old "permanganate in the cornflakes" gag

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug
Put it in an Aztek, or a PT Cruiser.

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

Darchangel posted:

Tesla Model S

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Number_6 posted:

Put it in an Aztek, or a PT Cruiser.

…And some men just want to watch the world burn.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...676e-5%7D%22%7D

1979 Toyota Corona. Bought from family that purchased new. Put on a new Weber carburetor this year. Currently 190,1xx km as it is still driven on nice days. Garage kept, and is full of original character! Car is in amazing shape for the age, even underneath is clean! Open to offers, and trades. Need car out of garage!

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I have a sudden uncontrollable urge to do cocaine.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Put it in a tractor.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Elephanthead posted:

Put it in a Ferrari IMO

I was thinking Fiero.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
This is an actual rv, that had exterior sheeting removed for some reason. Probably being decommissioned

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Picture shows the exact amount of insulation used when new

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

An LP640 too!

Throw it into an NA Miata.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://michener.auctioneersoftware.com/auctions/11559/lot/17018-2011-Porsche-Cayenne-4dr-SUV

that's 278k miles on a turbo cayenne. I'm impressed.

e: from a different car:

sometimes it almost works!

Powershift fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Dec 8, 2021

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Powershift posted:

that's 278k miles on a turbo cayenne. I'm impressed.

If you replace the superior german plastic coolant lines and Ts and keep them in good synthetic oil that kinda mileage is getting to be typical on these first gens/first gen facelifts.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Motronic posted:

If you replace the superior german plastic coolant lines and Ts and keep them in good synthetic oil that kinda mileage is getting to be typical on these first gens/first gen facelifts.

That's a second Gen, 92A. 500lbs lighter than the first gen turbo.

I'm just amazed that with 516 ft/lbs at 2250rpm that the rest of the thing held up.

Just day dreaming here but low mileage engines for them at wreckers are cheaper than ford 6.2s, even including turbos. Low mileage transmissions are $1500. Rotors and pads are cheaper than my truck.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Powershift posted:

That's a second Gen, 92A. 500lbs lighter than the first gen turbo.

Oh yeah, right, that started in 2011.

Powershift posted:

Rotors and pads are cheaper than my truck.

As long as it's not a Turbo S, which (almost? all?) have PCCB and are insanely expensive. The few Turbos S I saw when I was looking were passed on for exactly that reason.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Motronic posted:

As long as it's not a Turbo S, which (almost? all?) have PCCB and are insanely expensive. The few Turbos S I saw when I was looking were passed on for exactly that reason.

:stonk:

$17,000 rotors

seems a lot of people just replace them with steel.

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

Lawrence Phillips Always #1 to Me
How hard is it to convert them to plebe brakes?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

PBCrunch posted:

How hard is it to convert them to plebe brakes?

It's not hard at all. It's just really expensive. Everything has to go, including calipers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Powershift posted:

:stonk:

$17,000 rotors

seems a lot of people just replace them with steel.

Only a $10k option when new, because the new price includes the core refund on the steel brakes :kimchi:

Also I think they’re supposed to last much longer than the steel brakes so it’s a wash