Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
We never got them at all in Scotland :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

On the 12th day if peaking my true love came to me
gently caress off will ya is what she said to me

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Barry Foster posted:

I guess just to remind you when you had the vaccination or something, easier than logging into your NHS profile or whatever

Gotta bear in mind that not everyone can handle 'logging into their NHS profile', especially olds. My dad's tech savvy but mum, noooooo not gonna happen

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I didn't know I had an NHS profile.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

I didn't know I had an NHS profile.

It's got the login codes for all the 5g nanobots you got injected with this year.

Wait till you see what happens when you turn off all the limiters. :ssj:

Z the IVth fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Dec 4, 2021

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
You're better off not knowing, cos if you know you sit there waiting to be allowed to book a booster whilst everyone else just rocks up to boots or whatever and gets done anyway.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

On the 12th day if peaking my true love came to me
gently caress off will ya is what she said to me

On the first day of peaking my true love said to me
"I'm leaving, and I'm taking the kids"

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

TACD posted:

Vaccine question: what’s the point of the little cards? My understanding is they don’t actually count as proof of vaccination for anywhere that matters, are they just like a receipt or in case a restaurant or somewhere wants to check vaccination status?

Care home workers and other people required to get vaccinated have to show them to their manager otherwise they wouldn't be allowed to start theor shift. Care home managers don't have access to their employees' medical records so this was considered proof enough.

I've had to show mine to people I was about to vaccinate as proof that I wasn't part of a secret plot to inject them with something that will kill them. There was a stack of blank cards and a biro right in front of me, but they were reassured enough to go through with the vaccination.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I'm really glad I bought that Father Ted boxset second hand so glinner didn't get any money. Weirdly I don't find myself having trouble rewatching it given his radical terf meltdown seems so utterly divorced from the nature of his earlier shows, I guess because he made it before going completely insane.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Convex posted:

I'm really glad I bought that Father Ted boxset second hand so glinner didn't get any money. Weirdly I don't find myself having trouble rewatching it given his radical terf meltdown seems so utterly divorced from the nature of his earlier shows, I guess because he made it before going completely insane.

Father Ted is ok to watch, its a great loving show made by brilliant people at the time.
Glinner also wrote for Harry Enfield, Alexi Sayle, The Day Today, The Fast Show, Black Books.
No one mentions any guilt association watching those.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Convex posted:

I choose to believe that Arthur Matthews did most of the heavy lifting on Father Ted

E: though actually was glinner not actually reasonably sound on most issues until his weird terf meltdown?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Glinner was writing for Motherland until he had a sudden and unaccountable relationship breakdown with his wife.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It's mostly just IT Crowd that's noticeably horrible in hindsight.

ThomasPaine posted:

I choose to believe that Arthur Matthews did most of the heavy lifting on Father Ted
Same with Dylan Moran and Black Books.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
I bet you didn't know there was a Father Ted Wrestling event a few years ago.
Eoin McLove, Father Damo, and Father Stone as a referee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vXf53FN5Jg

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Can't believe Starmer called Peppa Pig World "dreadful" in the Times. Going in harder on a children's theme park than he does on the Tories.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
another day inviting mps to peppa pig world. everyone keeps asking me if they can gently caress the pig. buddy, they wont even let me gently caress the pig

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

stev posted:

Same with Dylan Moran and Black Books.

Glinner only really worked on the first series of that so checks out

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

welcome to peppa pig world, winston.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Mark Francois' autobiography is getting some sterling reviews

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

another day inviting mps to peppa pig world. everyone keeps asking me if they can gently caress the pig. buddy, they wont even let me gently caress the pig

- David Cameron

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

OwlFancier posted:

welcome to peppa pig world, winston.

You'd best start believing etc etc

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
'broke the land speed punch' lol

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Peppa Pig..... in pepper sauce. :burger:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Keir jealous that Peppa is more pink than he is.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Peppa Pig World is actually good if you have a child who's young enough to appreciate it. Otherwise the rest of the park has some decent roller coasters.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
It's a decent park, expensive but I think family owned so understandable. What did Keir have to say about it then, did he not like the anticapitalist sentiment of pig people running the world

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Lol thought the kier hating peppa pig world was just a joke, but nope he actually said it.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
i think he just about tops the 'most pathetic person in parliament' list for 2021 which is quite the achievement

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Convex posted:

It's a decent park, expensive but I think family owned so understandable. What did Keir have to say about it then, did he not like the anticapitalist sentiment of pig people running the world

https://twitter.com/JohnRentoul/status/1467065497304903683?t=2wD4dCFxx0uMUUxD9WUV_g&s=19

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

TACD posted:

Vaccine question: what’s the point of the little cards?
I thought it was so if you had a reaction they could log the batch numbers and quickly contact everyone in case of contamination. Wouldn't be surprised though if that was the intent and there is no actual lookup database or infrastructure in place to actually do that.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I thought it was so if you had a reaction they could log the batch numbers and quickly contact everyone in case of contamination. Wouldn't be surprised though if that was the intent and there is no actual lookup database or infrastructure in place to actually do that.

When you log in to your NHS account and download your covid passport it has the batch numbers and everything else there. The piece of paper is pointless. Like how would they even contact everyone else?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Like a few other posters, I'm intending to Xmas abroad this year, but I'm starting to wonder whether it will happen (keeping my Xmas Eve ocado booking just in case).

BBC says they just added another test we'll have to take... Another 50 quid or something probably? I thought they were supposed to sort out these extortionate costs for bullshit tests? Nah.

At this rate it won't happen at all.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

NotJustANumber99 posted:

When you log in to your NHS account and download your covid passport it has the batch numbers and everything else there. The piece of paper is pointless. Like how would they even contact everyone else?

I'm guessing its a paper receipt in case NHS IT fails as it is a bastion of reliability which is supremely well understood and has never killed anyone because the appointment system failed to talk to the letter system and some cancer patient ended up waiting for months for an appointmented which never materialized.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

A while back when I had shots for a holiday they gave me a card vaccination record thing. I think it's just so that you can look at it and remember that you've had the vaccination or not. Like I can't remember specifically what jabs I had back then but if I knew where my card thing was I could find out.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Just take a picture of the little card when you get jabbed, this is not difficult

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
I'm glad I've got the little card even if it counts for nothing (at the moment).
Just thinking of all those Windrush people whose paper proofs were all destroyed without being scanned first, and other successes of government IT.
No way do I trust the government on the subject of holding digital records with no paper backups.

Got my booster today. At least it was local this time - 10 mins walk away - not in the Cwmbran stadium which I could only access in under two days travel (there and back) and an overnight stay by pesking someone to give me a lift! (Overnight stay in Newport travelodge cheaper than taxi!)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

happyhippy posted:

Father Ted is ok to watch, its a great loving show made by brilliant people at the time.
Glinner also wrote for Harry Enfield, Alexi Sayle, The Day Today, The Fast Show, Black Books.
No one mentions any guilt association watching those.

When I remembered he wrote a lot of Big Train I was sad

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Separating the art from the artist, innit.

Somebody can be a good writer/musician/actor whatever and also a huge piece of poo poo. I think there's a bit of a distinction between like, still enjoying the work of somebody who is sort of a "solo artist" in that they've written a book by themselves or whatever, but with Glinner it's like, yes he wrote those things or some proportion of them, but they're also the work of like a hundred other people, not least the actors.

If it's like, JK Rowling and she's a piece of poo poo and the work is entirely hers, I find that harder to bear. That's just my own perspective though. you are of course free to enjoy or not enjoy works by lovely people.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

WhatEvil posted:

If it's like, JK Rowling and she's a piece of poo poo and the work is entirely hers, I find that harder to bear. That's just my own perspective though. you are of course free to enjoy or not enjoy works by lovely people.

That's an interesting case because then you also have the HP movies which exist as their own thing which involved the creative talent of thousands of people and little JKR involvement apart from the initial texts afaik. I've seen the movies and some of them are fun (the Cuaron one at least), but I'd never read the books because gently caress that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Up to a certain point in his career it seems like as long as he had a co-writer, he was able to keep the shittiness in check. Unfortunately once he got to the point that he was making Graham Linehan's the IT Crowd by Graham Linehan, there was nobody cowriting so all of his shittiest takes come out.

So many creatives go this way when their name recognition gets big enough that they can ignore the editors that were reining in their worst impulses. See jowling kowling rowling.