Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

The wiki page for the Attica reads:
"On kill, bodies will follow the bolt that killed them, damaging anyone in their path and pinning the corpse to walls."

But...it sure as poo poo looks like what actually happens is that bodyparts from the guys you just killed rocket towards the one you just shot and generally kinda bounce around?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Yeah, the big thing about Lavos's ult is that it's got a condition overload effect, except it's +100% and has no cap. If you can inflict like 8 status effects on it, that's an exponential growth off of like 6000 in the case of Funky's, and that initial damage is doubled if you infuse a second element into it. 4 elements is going to be a 16x effect (if I understand the math correctly), and even a single viral proc is going to be another doubling of the damage straight up. Consider you can tune at least half of the damage for an enemy weakness, and yeah. Lavos's 4 is spicy.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Sorry so I've got the unkillable build with Lavos thanks to this thread, but if I actually want to use him properly what's my cycle? Group everything up, then cedo/3 for status my cedo doesn't do, then 4, then 3, and 1 as needed?

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

imo his cooldowns get in the way or really spamming any perfect rotation. If you're using the cedo then you prime a big group of enemies and then 4 them down, then 3 the next big group of enemies you see because the 4 has a cooldown that you aren't going to completely negate without heavily pumping up efficiency and range to the detriment of his 4's damage. You can also prime people with his 2 but that's largely for getting around and it's actually area of effect is real splotchy as opposed to being a solid circle.

You could also have a secondary status applicator in the form of a status focused nukor or pox (not that you're building this for anything but status) or sporelacer etc. But honestly I'd just use the Cedo to prime a ton of people at once then melt them with Lavos' 4, and you only ever need to do this in cases where his 4 won't melt them all up front. In higher level steel path stuff you might just be priming a ton of viral with his 4 and then mowing them all down with aoe slash procs or whatever heavy hitter you prefer.

Honestly priming things with Cedo is largely icing on the cake imo, I've hit arbitrations enemies for millions of damage without it. Of course that was while hitting them with whatever they're weak against, iirc the damage range against everything on the tile was between 15k and 2.something million. No way to tell if those extra huge hits weren't already primed by someone else applying some statuses. Definitely didn't have a Nova on the team though. If you are Cedo priming I'd be surprised if basically anything lived through it unless it had a 75% resist against whatever element you were pumping out (excepting things like Noxes etc).

In short, Cedo things (or don't), nuke with his 4, hit as many things with his 3 as possible, repeat. If you can get a group with his 3 very quickly after his 4 you'll probably get another 3 in before the 4 is off cd, depending on how many you hit with the first 3.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Yeah, you really need to disconnect from the notion of having a 'rotation'. Use the cedo (and for the love of god, do NOT touch the energy color on it), watch a group get locked in place due to electric, dash over there (with his 2 even, because cold procs make other status last longer), and then press 4, ideally with an extra element on it. Watch everything die. You won't be able to do this all the time forever, but really, I don't know how often you'll actually practically be in a situation where you *need* to do that again for at least 10-15 seconds, and if it is that bad, press 3 at the biggest group of enemies you can find and Cedo them in the meantime.

Really, the Cedo glaive is the most massive QOL upgrade possible to Lavos. It's bascially a 5th power of "proc all the status effects on enemies around me" with a cooldown time of "Whenever it feels like getting back to me"

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed
What I really want to know is, how does the Ferrox's altfire tesla field interact with Primary Merciless? Also when is the Tenet Ferrox because dude I am all for the railgun staff and I adore gunspears as a general concept

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I would be super down with a Tenet Ferrox if/when they add some more tenet weapons. That also sounds like a hilarious weapon for a sister to use against us.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
So I blew through 12 aya and all my traces to get 1 prime part. Still didn't get the parts for another prime. The first weeks, everything dropped first try and that's the only reason I did this. Just going to shoot for the prime frames and nikana and call it a day.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

The aya stuff should either flow a lot more freely or let you lock in part you want.

I ran like 4 deimos bounties and got 2 aya from one of them.

I ran four or five void storm missions for a xaku part i needed to build a spare for helminthinf and got none.

Can aya drop from void storms?

wb
Nov 19, 2004
im cool

FunkyFjord posted:

Can aya drop from void storms?

doesn't look like it, no.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

FunkyFjord posted:

I ran four or five void storm missions for a xaku part i needed to build a spare for helminthinf and got none.
i'm not sure if you typo'd something (sevagoth?) or maybe might want to sometimes take a quick wiki peek for drop sources before going on a long farming streak.

It's not every rng roll in the game (like login stuff or energy orbs), but DE has a public listing of all drop tables, which also lists all aya sources.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I was just waking up, did the deimos bounties for xaku and void storms for holokeys because there was a 50% tox Exec for sale.

And ya for some reason I was under the impression that cracking relics could also get small bits of aya and uh nope. Just basic void missions and all open world bounties.

At least relics look like they're all one aya per. That's good.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

the yeti posted:

I think I’ve looked though most of the dojo blueprints but serious choice paralysis there :shobon:

Atlas does seem cool — Rhino + Hek was extremely satisfying but I didn’t care for most of his abilities, Atlas might be more to my liking. Plus immune to knockdown.

Zephyr is a dojo frame, has tons of AOE Control (like vauban) along with projectile deflection to make her tanky. Seems like youd like her.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

FunkyFjord posted:

At least relics look like they're all one aya per. That's good.

Yeah, it's basically the same grind as vaulted relics were except instead of a random/rotation based vaulted relic you get a sort of universal relic in the form of aya. They basically just removed some bad RNG and replaced it with a store rotation.

Deimos bounties are pretty reliable and when it's not giving you aya it's usually giving you a pile of endo instead, which is nice.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
You have very good odds of getting at least one Aya out of 40-60 level bounties:

I've actually had two recent runs where I got two Aya out of the final reward (getting all the bonus objectives nets you a second reward roll). It's far more pleasant than the old setup of grinding for one specific relic.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Dec 4, 2021

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp
Help I want to level up my prime vanguard frames but making songs on the Mandachord is too much fun.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
If New War doesn't feature an extended Shawzin jamming battle sequence why should i even care :colbert:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

RoadCrewWorker posted:

If New War doesn't feature an extended Shawzin jamming battle sequence why should i even care :colbert:

That would be as dirty as putting in a Lua spy mission as a required part of it.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Do you remember how to hook a Lunaro shot left and right based on how long you hold the button? I hope so because it's loving integral to completing the quest :q:

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Which Baro mods should I buy, assuming that I can only afford 1-2?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Primed Reach is nice, Primed Pistol Gambit is a slightly deprecated on critbuild secondaries you aimfire because of Galvanized Crosshairs, but that requires you have the starchart finished.

Yellow mods are usually also dropped from non-baro sources.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Looks like console is tennocon catch-up skins, not mad I'm missing this baro

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Assuming you're PC, Primed Reach and Primed Pistol Gambit are both mods that you'll want to use 99% of the time on melee and secondaries respectively.

Malah
May 18, 2015

I've come out of a nasty depressive cycle and I'm ready to farm those sweet endorphin pixels primes I've missed! I wonder if I'm still in the clan? Lemme log on and check -

Warframe launcher: "lol nah eat download bitch"

Oh, Warframe! How I missed you!

e: get primed reach, extra range on melee is an absolute game changer; I always buy spares for noobs when it comes around

wonder how much plat I've got stockpiled?

Malah
May 18, 2015

Warframe posted:

:fuckoff:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

No joke, one of the biggest perks of moving to a high speed M.2 drive was that even the chunkiest Warframe optimization only takes a few seconds

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Is redeemer/prime a good melee? Trying to figure what's worth my time this week.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

RBX posted:

Is redeemer/prime a good melee? Trying to figure what's worth my time this week.

Yep. With a gas build it's really good for Deimos stuff. If you have a stance for it, which are hard to come by.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

RBX posted:

I don't use it because I find the gunblade play kinda weird, but Redeemer Prime is generally considered one of the best melee weapons.

Malah
May 18, 2015

The shotgun gunblades (not-Sarpa) are all fantastic weapons because they're high stat shotguns with access to melee mod/mechanic multipliers

You can never go wrong with a Redeemer Prime, its got enough base stats to make any build function

Pipski posted:

Yep. With a gas build it's really good for Deimos stuff. If you have a stance for it, which are hard to come by.
Which is what clan chat/discord is for

Either someone has what you need or knows who to ask to get a copy, so long as you possess the sacred currency of Ammo Drum copies

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Pipski posted:

You don't nessecarily have to get BulletDance anymore after the melee rework, i've been using heavy attack High Noon with gunblades for years.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

I AM THE MOON posted:

Zephyr is a dojo frame, has tons of AOE Control (like vauban) along with projectile deflection to make her tanky. Seems like youd like her.

Oh thanks I'll check Zephyr out!

Managed to get 457 lol argon crystals in a couple missions dicking around with Corinth and looking for something to spend them on.

Some combination of Harpak, Fulmin,, Dragon Nikana, and Exergis seem like good stuff for MR8?

the yeti fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Dec 6, 2021

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

the yeti posted:

Oh thanks I'll check Zephyr out!

Managed to get 457 lol argon crystals in a couple missions dicking around with Corinth and looking for something to spend them on.

Some combination of Harpak, Fulmin,, Dragon Nikana, and Exergis seem like good stuff for MR8?

Harpak is the only kinda meh one in that list (make a kuva version, DE). Fulmin is great and can take you through the entire game, and dragon nikana is the second best nikana after the prime one which is MR12, so fine enough until then but maybe don't invest too heavily in it. Exergis is one of my favorite guns but a lot of people don't like its aesthetic and sounds. It's very much not a crit weapon, but it still does a ton of damage even before meaty slashes and even ignoring void procs or Mag. It benefits tremendously from reload and/or magazine size mods, so if you don't have those you might want to put it further down the list. You also won't be able to build it without a component that comes from bounties that you can only do after maxing Fortuna which is a nasty grind.

Malah
May 18, 2015

Exergis is like a Tigris with range, and it is extremely funny when you mod in a second shot or get the infinite ammo relic buff. Gating it behind Fortuna heists is unfortunate but by then someone presumably has the mods to appreciate its niche (rail gun flak cannon)

The Fulmin is very good out of the box and has versatility with the fire mode switch. Acquire ASAP, stays top shelf forever

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Fulmin and dragon Nikana it is :shobon:

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Malah posted:

Exergis is like a Tigris with range, and it is extremely funny when you mod in a second shot or get the infinite ammo relic buff. Gating it behind Fortuna heists is unfortunate but by then someone presumably has the mods to appreciate its niche (rail gun flak cannon)

I thought exergis's niche was "the mag bubble gun"

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

It is but it's still good outside of that.

It's a little more of a personal taste option. As others pointed out you can either make it do silly good base damage or toss some utility on there in the form of reload speed and bumping it's magazine up to two shots and it's very very good either way.

I doesn't delete entire hallways or rooms all at once but imo it's extremely satisfying to use.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Every few weeks i pick up the exergis again for a bit because i really love its sound design, and every few weeks i discover, again and again, that a low mag shotgun isn't my favorite thing to use, even with a maxed primary merciless.

Pretty fun on 1+3 mirage with energized munitions tho :toot:

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

BMan posted:

I thought exergis's niche was "the mag bubble gun"

And maybe specters? Someone had one once that was firing constantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The builds on Overframe for Nyx are quite a mixed bag. If I wanted to use her for Steel Path what should I be shooting for? Also, any of her mods useful?