Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Ziplocs can definitely be reused, but they get all gross and wrinkly looking. The ziploc portion fails with age too.

Everything wears out but it feels like less plastic is the better play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

There are compostable storage bags. There are also cloth produce bags. Either might work.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Throw everything you don't wanna use into a pillowcase, sew it shut, toss it into your bed. Best night's sleep you'll ever have.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Then it's also ready for throwing in the wash machine!

LordOfThePants
Sep 25, 2002

Has anyone else built the Bond DB5? How easily do the machine gun headlights deploy? I'm a little over half way through assembly and they basically won't deploy at all with the gearshift lever. I can force them, but it's definitely feels like the mechanism isn't working as intended.

I googled this issue and found a post on Reddit saying that it'd "loosen up over time" but I want to make sure I didn't make a mistake putting it together. It's going to be a challenge to disassemble it to the point of being able to make tweaks to the linkage, but it's not going to get any easier if I keep building it so now's the time. I just don't want to go to that effort if this is as good as they get.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
This is the easiest time it is ever going to be to go back and redo it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Yeah, I built it and eventually sold it. Some of the play features are definitely fiddly and you need to be sure to build them perfectly otherwise they might not work.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

LordOfThePants posted:

Has anyone else built the Bond DB5? How easily do the machine gun headlights deploy? I'm a little over half way through assembly and they basically won't deploy at all with the gearshift lever. I can force them, but it's definitely feels like the mechanism isn't working as intended.
Checked mine, and it's pretty OK. Main thing might be to see if the bricks beside the rotating machine gun bits are too tight. It's easy to see the linkage move with the car upside down.

The rear bullet shield was the iffyest thing on that car IMO.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
All of the play features are finicky but if the headlights aren’t moving at all you missed something somewhere. On mine the ejector seat is the most finicky part.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Ugh am I an rear end in a top hat for considering 80 dollars for an eBay Santa Sleigh? I really want it for my Christmas street display. I can probably do slightly better but they are in my town so it will come fast.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Feenix posted:

Ugh am I an rear end in a top hat for considering 80 dollars for an eBay Santa Sleigh? I really want it for my Christmas street display. I can probably do slightly better but they are in my town so it will come fast.

Can you not just wait till next year?

LordOfThePants
Sep 25, 2002

Thanks all - took a closer look at it tonight and found the issue. Luckily it wasn’t too bad to get to the piece that was causing the mechanism to bind. Once I corrected that they worked great.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
SHARK MONSTER TRUCK

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Looks like my order finally shipped. Though I don't know why I'm worried about it, It's not like I'm going to be building any of these sets within the next year and a half.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

The_Doctor posted:

Can you not just wait till next year?

I mean… I can not wait til next year if I want it on my display THIS year. But sure I guess I could just give up on the idea for this year.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

tuo posted:

The new technic sets for first half of 2022 dropped.

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-technic-2022-neuheiten/131061/

The Formula E car has to be a bad joke. If you can‘t realize something in a given scale, either not do it, or become Carbohydrates and find a way. The parts used for the front axle/cover over the front wheels is a bad joke.

No photos yet but that $200 BMW sportsbike is going to be a mandatory day one purchase for me I bet

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Yeah will need that BMW to go into the rest of the bike fold.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 47 hours!
at $3 each, can you afford not to build an army of creepy birthday clowns?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

FBS posted:

No photos yet but that $200 BMW sportsbike is going to be a mandatory day one purchase for me I bet

What? Yes. I enjoyed the Ducati so this will be bigger I guess?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

FBS posted:

As long as they don‘t gently caress it up like the Ferrari 488, I‘m interested.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Feenix posted:

I mean… I can not wait til next year if I want it on my display THIS year. But sure I guess I could just give up on the idea for this year.

It‘s available in the online shop here. Where are you at?

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
The upcoming Creator 3-in-1 tiger has a butthole.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

disturbing

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

Carbohydrates posted:

The upcoming Creator 3-in-1 tiger has a butthole.

lmao at them using a literal rosebud for that (the German word for anus)

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

E: I retract my post, because it might be offending

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Zwille posted:

LEGOatse

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Zwille posted:

The fact that it's pink makes it so much more explicit looking.

Lol I can't believe that made it into production. Incredible. Does Lego make the sausage link part in brown?

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Finally, my long-running petition to get LEGO to destigmatize buttholes has paid off. Next goal: Thanos big fig with butthole in a tiny Ant-Man play set.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Finally, my long-running petition to get LEGO to destigmatize buttholes has paid off. Next goal: Thanos big fig with butthole in a tiny Ant-Man play set.

be the change you want to see in this world

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

tuo posted:

It‘s available in the online shop here. Where are you at?

Seattle USA

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

veni veni veni posted:

Does Lego make the sausage link part in brown?

Dark Red is the closest.

Luchacabra
Jun 12, 2015

Feenix posted:

Seattle USA

If you can hit up any stores in person, it might be worth a trip. The find in stores feature isn't working right now on the Lego store website, but I went by the store at the Alderwood Mall in Lynnwood yesterday and lucked out. As I was just looking around, an associate asked if I needed any help. I said 'I don't see any around, but do you happen to have any Santa's Sleigh in stock?' He said he would check, and came back with one in hand and said it was the last one. I thanked him and took it and started to tuck it under my arm, but he took it back and said he would stick it behind the counter for me, and said to just ask for it when I checked out.

When I finally did check out, with a number of other things, the associate at the register never took the sleigh off of the floor and put it on the counter with my other stuff. It stayed out of sight until in went in the bag. The origianl associate came by during the process, and made an offhand comment about someone returning the item, which sounded sus, but I played along. The whole thing felt like I was buying a brick of heroin rather than a box of plastic pieces, but I assume they are just hiding their stock so someone can't easily clean them out and throw it all up on ebay.

I also finally picked up the Barracuda Bay since you all were talking about it recently and it sounded like the window was closing on getting it for MSRP. They had three sets on a shelf labled Last Chance or something so I bit the bullet. I haven't asked for anything for Xmas yet, so I told my wife that can be her/Santa's gift to me.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I grabbed Trafalgar Square from the Lego shop (so it was about 2 mins from the actual place) yesterday, along with my housemate’s Christmas gift (66 Batman cowl). I’m not hugely into the architecture stuff, but it’s a really nice looking build, and it’s nice to have a bit of home.

Plus it’s about to retire and I didn’t want to pass it up.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
It has some cool techniques… the stairs I think? It’s been a minute but I enjoyed that one.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I think I'm going to get the Singapore city set. I slept on San Francisco but I won't miss this one!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I feel like Singapore is one of the poorest cities yet. It’s so blocky and basic, with very little detail.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I'll admit it's mostly because I also missed out on Marina Bay Sands and this is cheaper than tracking that one down- I like the surrounding details at ground level as well.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Luchacabra posted:

If you can hit up any stores in person, it might be worth a trip. The find in stores feature isn't working right now on the Lego store website, but I went by the store at the Alderwood Mall in Lynnwood yesterday and lucked out. As I was just looking around, an associate asked if I needed any help. I said 'I don't see any around, but do you happen to have any Santa's Sleigh in stock?' He said he would check, and came back with one in hand and said it was the last one. I thanked him and took it and started to tuck it under my arm, but he took it back and said he would stick it behind the counter for me, and said to just ask for it when I checked out.

When I finally did check out, with a number of other things, the associate at the register never took the sleigh off of the floor and put it on the counter with my other stuff. It stayed out of sight until in went in the bag. The origianl associate came by during the process, and made an offhand comment about someone returning the item, which sounded sus, but I played along. The whole thing felt like I was buying a brick of heroin rather than a box of plastic pieces, but I assume they are just hiding their stock so someone can't easily clean them out and throw it all up on ebay.

I also finally picked up the Barracuda Bay since you all were talking about it recently and it sounded like the window was closing on getting it for MSRP. They had three sets on a shelf labled Last Chance or something so I bit the bullet. I haven't asked for anything for Xmas yet, so I told my wife that can be her/Santa's gift to me.

Are you ducking kidding me I called alderwood like 2 days ago aggghh

I called. The guy was like no that’s gone but we had one return. So that was it.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Dec 5, 2021

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Got to the point of the assembly where I'm inserting the devil's peg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

MODS?!