Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Puffer pack makes me giggle every time I see it but I’m not sure exactly why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

The_Doctor posted:

Beware! The boy seeks to outlive you!

Ha! I have a 30 year headstart on him. He'll never catch up. :smug:

flavor.flv posted:

Starscream is:
  • intelligent
  • ambitious
  • gay
You couldn't ask for a better role model. Take it as proof that you did a good job

I like your reasoning. If he kills me, then at least I can go out knowing he was smarter than me. :unsmith:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Starscream obviously lacks or has an underdeveloped whatever the Cybertronian equivalent of a prefrontal cortex is. He's extremely smart but he has zero impulse control.

I like that about Starscream, he schemes and plans and is generally smart. But he always bites off more than he can chew. But I don't really like Starscream. He's interesting though.

I should read the Underbase sage with him. That, to me, is still Prime Starscream.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I think I've seen Starscream Prime's upgraded form

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Seems House of Frasier is having an existence failure sale. Had a few Cyberverse bits and Siege Micromasters for about a tenner.

Arquinsiel fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Dec 4, 2021

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

It’s also entirely quantum whether you get your order or not.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
I finally finished my Rodimus model kit. Now he can bug Megatron:

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

The_Doctor posted:

I was in the Oxford Street one. There's a few bits on the shelves downstairs at least.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

The_Doctor posted:

I was pretty mad about it at the time, but it was actually quite fitting that I was tricked into buying Doubledealer. I won't be buying from HoF again though

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I did end up with two Sky Lynxes, after a failed first attempt. But they’re absolute charlatans, and I wouldn’t do it again.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
So rumor is IDW is in danger of losing the Transformers and GI Joe license next year.

Wonder if it might end up back at Marvel, they seem to snatch things up lately.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Arquinsiel posted:

I was in the Oxford Street one. There's a few bits on the shelves downstairs at least.

Oh actual in store? I might have to pop into town and have a look.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Last Call posted:

So rumor is IDW is in danger of losing the Transformers and GI Joe license next year.

I've been hearing either Boom or Hasbro starting their own comic division up.

Boom would make sense as that's where Power Rangers nested and has now risen it up into the semi-big leagues

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, but people really, really liked what IDW was doing before the Hasbro mandated crossover events messing up the story flow.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The Last Call posted:

The rumor comes from Bleedingcool.

Maybe let's hold our collective horses yet.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Amazon said that my Puffer Pack is on the way and that Jackpot is expected sometime before Christmas. This supply chain stuff is wild.

Yeah both of those showed up this week, one from Pulse, one from Amazon. I was surprised, since originally they both said March.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

The_Doctor posted:

Oh actual in store? I might have to pop into town and have a look.
Not sure it's worth a trip just for it, but if you happen to be in take a look.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Keldroc posted:

Yeah both of those showed up this week, one from Pulse, one from Amazon. I was surprised, since originally they both said March.

Did your Puffer Pack have a really strong soapy smell too? Mine reeked even through the box.

Also Tigatron shipped from Amazon and will be here tomorrow. So yay!

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Shiftypenguin posted:

Did your Puffer Pack have a really strong soapy smell too? Mine reeked even through the box.

Also Tigatron shipped from Amazon and will be here tomorrow. So yay!

No, I just went and sniffed it and it just smells like cardboard. Yours must have been sitting in the truck with some Bath & Body Works stuff or something.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

If anyone sees the Cyberverse Deluxe Thunderhowl with the Thew Maccadam BAF head in store, let me know. I only need the head, honestly.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/transformers-cyberverse-deluxe-thunderhowl-not-mint/nmhsee7103

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

I believe that is a new repackage that does not include the BAF parts. I saw an Arcee from the Thew wave the other day in that packaging that also lacked the BAF.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I think I have the head rattling around in my desk drawer. PM me.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Keldroc posted:

I believe that is a new repackage that does not include the BAF parts. I saw an Arcee from the Thew wave the other day in that packaging that also lacked the BAF.
Hm, the head is shown in some of the stock photos, but not others. Yeah, probably not worth a $20 gamble.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Keldroc posted:

No, I just went and sniffed it and it just smells like cardboard. Yours must have been sitting in the truck with some Bath & Body Works stuff or something.

It was the figures themselves that had the soapy smell. They're better now after having sat outside for a bit yesterday. The smell seriously stank up my collection room until I decided to have them air out outdoors.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oh, hey, I didn't mention at the time but I got the package from my Secret Santa on Friday. I'm just holding off opening it at least until I get my Santee's gift out to them. I'm planning on excavating my storage to see if there's anything worth sending along with what I already got them, so hopefully will have that done by end of this week.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
I got some vintage Kabaya Gum Transformers kits from 1985 earlier this year and finally got around to building and painting them. For being cheap ¥70 models, they're decent if you take the time to fix them up a bit. The peg holes had to be widened with a hobby knife because otherwise the parts fit WAY too tightly. Some parts wouldn't even go together and Prowl's hood got stuck to the point that I had to slowly pry it off over a few minutes lest the peg snap off completely. Also, I couldn't widen the holes too much either because then they'd be too loose for pegs used in their altmodes. It was a lot of trial and error. For the most part, they don't really transform traditionally, rather they partsform. I tried to stick with toy colors for these, barring Prime's windows. All of them were molded in a terrible shade of seafoam green plastic. They also each came with a 35 year old piece of gum.

Prime is the most impressive of the four I have. Other than the partsforming arms, he transforms the same as World's Smallest Transformers Prime; he's even a smidgen smaller than him too! He awkwardly holds his gun by the middle to his side since his arms aren't articulated.

Starscream is the runt of the pack, not even coming up to Prime's shoulders. He's also the only other one that partially transforms with his nosecone flipping up after removing his head. His vehicle mode is nice, but his arms don't have a place to go. They can peg into the wings, but they're not meant to. They look awkward and there's not enough clearance for the wings to sit flush with the body.

Sideswipe's my least favorite of them. They take some major liberties with his design that are unnecessary. His chest is, for whatever reason, upside down from his traditional appearance and his legs make him look like a Micromaster. His head is also a weird, hollow C-shape.

Prowl's pretty good, but is fragile in robot mode due to the way the chest, head, torso and arms all plug into each other. Move an arm and he's likely to explode into pieces. His head guns are now hand guns, or at least I think they are. They're omitted from the instructions, but they kind of fit in his fist holes, so that's where they're going. I considered drilling holes into his head for them, but he's already molded with a hole in the back of it and I didn't want to risk cracking it apart.

They were fun to paint and I'm planning on getting a couple more sets to finish the seeker trio and maybe paint up a Nemesis Prime and a G2 Sideswipe or something.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Very nice, but I'm sure we all want to know about the gum. How was it?

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
Well, I was asked in the Gunpla thread too, so...

It smelled slightly fruity. It tasted like bubblegum and a musty old book.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Ah, so the best kind of bubblegum then. A win all round!

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
They just gave up on accuracy when they got to Sideswipe. Every major piece is wrong!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/markerguru/status/1468046208124035072

Props to the real one who told Alex "I will pay you money to draw me Inferno."

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Huh.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Good ol' Shitpiece is having a real renaissance these days

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
oh goddammit I just got the SS one with the clear chest, if I had known we were getting a solid color one with the rust mark I would have waited.

This has turned into a poo poo show:

https://twitter.com/damnyouwillis/status/1467880573918195721

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

That's an big lol from me. The ss86 Kup is still my fave, but those new colors remind me more of the geewun toy.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

According to the tracking info, my Secret Santa's gift has been delivered. Keeping my fingers crossed that it's actually got there.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Found Tigatron and Rhinox at Wal-Mart, in packages that looked like they'd been mugged (the figures are fine which is all I care about) which is probably why they were still there. We have a robust scalper community.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Knockout looks good, and back to white OP Magnus.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I can't believe they brought back Action Masters and I can't believe we let them get away with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I really don't see the point of them. The robot modes of current figures are pretty close AND they transform. Not to mention the Red figures don't even have impressive articulation.