Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Thank goodness my YouTube app still allows video dislikes. Going to send them off with a BANG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ok so in the promo image you're gonna be underwater and reaching for a crown.
Cool, cool. It's... not going to look like that Nirvana cover, right? I don't want people associating me with a naked baby.
Nah nah, nothing like that.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

lol, no

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
MY THRONE

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I wonder if Uncle Phil will still be a “reasonable” conservative who runs for public office as a republican, or if he’ll be updated to the 2021 equivalent of a 90s republican and made into an establishment democrat. I want to see the 2021 enlightened centrist take on that episode where he chews out his old radical friends for not becoming part of the system.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Make Uncle Phil - Clarence Thomas. Lean into it.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I look forward to the plot line where Uncle Phil faces disbarment following his assault on a legal minor as his throwing Jazz out of the home is live-streamed to the world at large

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I wonder if Uncle Phil will still be a “reasonable” conservative who runs for public office as a republican, or if he’ll be updated to the 2021 equivalent of a 90s republican and made into an establishment democrat. I want to see the 2021 enlightened centrist take on that episode where he chews out his old radical friends for not becoming part of the system.

Uncle Phil will be a radical libertarian, who forms his own private militia of malcontents, teams up with a foreign agent to sabotage the US government, and spends his days combating those blasted leftist ninja turtles.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Thaddius the Large posted:

I look forward to the plot line where Uncle Phil quotes the pokemon movie and then dies of covid

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Will we also get an updated version of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_wcNmQ_hEk

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Nov 24, 2021

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

AceOfFlames posted:

Will we also get an updated version of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_wcNmQ_hEk

Thought for sure you were going to link to this scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTbxVFTDdo0

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Charlz Guybon posted:

Thought for sure you were going to link to this scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTbxVFTDdo0

Between this and the episode where Carlton and Will get pulled over, the original really holds up in a lot of ways.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

AceOfFlames posted:

Between this and the episode where Carlton and Will get pulled over, the original really holds up in a lot of ways.

Systemic racism never changes.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The show lost a lot of its edge when they got rid of the og aunt Viv.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I thought The Last Duel was really good, but I'm also a Prometheus defender. :)

Dude has made a half dozen bangers in the last two decades, and tends to take on risky projects which I respect.

I'm actually looking forward to watching the Last Duel when it comes on streaming

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Abner Assington posted:

Same. Prometheus rules, as does Kingdom of Heaven director's cut. And I have an unexplainable soft spot for American Gangster, even if it's terminally mediocre in a world loaded with gangster movies.

Oh yeah American Gangster was fun. I even liked the wine movie he did with Russell Crowe. I rescind my comment.

Still don't like the new Alien movies tho. So depressing with some of the dumbest characters outside a Friday the 13th sequel.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Shageletic posted:

I'm actually looking forward to watching the Last Duel when it comes on streaming
Same, and im a millennian
Can't deny the amazing facial hair involved in this picture.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Shageletic posted:

It’s really really good

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

MLSM posted:

It’s really really good

Have you seen The Duelists (Ridley Scott's first movie, which is excellent)? I wasn't interested in seeing The Last Duel because the premises sound so similar.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
The rich get richer...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaSIjLJJRuc

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Station Eleven Official Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaAG-SwEa7k

Man I can't wait. I think the teaser was closer to the original tone of the book as this trailer leaves out... a lot. the book bounces back and forth between before the plague and 20 years after and bridges who they were and how they became who they are... in a really chill way. I see almost no "before" in this trailer but a lot of it was in the teaser

Anyway this looks so good.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

The way the Focus Features logo has the same general color palette as the Rifftrax logo makes me really wish they did a Downton Abbey riff one of these days

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Good news, the National Board of Review names The Last Duel as one of the best of 2021.

So people who noticed the new Matrix kinda looks like the old Matrix but different? Here's a trailer for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgYs_NDyaLs

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

whoainsanelymega cool

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The MSJ posted:

Good news, the National Board of Review names The Last Duel as one of the best of 2021.

https://twitter.com/strangeharbors/status/1466897800751423500?s=10

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

:allears:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
lmao

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

What even is this interviewer trying to say, lmao. "Looks more realistic" in what way. Old man Ridley owns so much.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
What’s the context here exactly? The clip is just the last half of a guys sentence about realism or something. What is Ridley even mad about here?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Ridley Scott is always mad. He has earned the right to be mad.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

galagazombie posted:

What’s the context here exactly? The clip is just the last half of a guys sentence about realism or something. What is Ridley even mad about here?

Some idiot just said to Scott's face that two historical epics he spent years of his life on, working closely with dozens of highly skilled historians, artists, and craftspeople pouring a vast amount of time, effort, and passion into looking historically grounded and fully-realized... didn't look "realistic." It's a really lovely start to a really dumb backhanded compliment, and it absolutely deserves a "gently caress you."

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Dec 4, 2021

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

feedmyleg posted:

Some idiot just said to Scott's face that two historical epics he spent years of his life on, working closely with dozens of highly skilled historians, artists, and craftspeople pouring a vast amount of time, effort, and passion into looking historically grounded and fully-realized... didn't look "realistic." It's a really lovely start to a really dumb backhanded compliment, and it absolutely deserves a "gently caress you."

I'm not sure he was outright saying the others weren't realistic. He just was saying this one seemed to be more realistic. He's also Russian so maybe something was lost in translation? Apparently he just did an hour long critique of Ridleys work on his YouTube channel (Radio Dolen).

I'm a Ridley fan but he seems to be riding this wave of the gently caress you tour and taking every slight opportunity to yell at the clouds.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

BonoMan posted:

I'm not sure he was outright saying the others weren't realistic. He just was saying this one seemed to be more realistic. He's also Russian so maybe something was lost in translation? Apparently he just did an hour long critique of Ridleys work on his YouTube channel (Radio Dolen).

I'm a Ridley fan but he seems to be riding this wave of the gently caress you tour and taking every slight opportunity to yell at the clouds.

He’s brought posting to reality!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

BonoMan posted:

Probably fed up about critics asking him about cape poo poo too tbh. I bet that was a question in there somewhere, and it's likely Ridley was just preemptively diffusing the dialogue before it got that point.

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

What the hell even looks remotely unrealistic in Kingdom of Heaven? I think he misspoke and meant to say Exodus

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I don't think he even said those movies looked unrealistic.

He just said the last duel seemed more realistic than some of his other films.

Like... That can mean a lot of things.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He probably meant less polished and more visceral.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Ridley Scott is always mad. He has earned the right to be mad.

Speaking of Mr. Scott:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhUTqO4Ci68

Sign me up :stare:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS I cannot wait.

Loved the ridiculous as gently caress first season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbXJ3_AQE_o