Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Philippe posted:

No, but it is dull as poo poo. I dare you to care about any of these early-00s-style wacky robot waifus.
I remember reading it out of some grim habit between 08-12 or something, and I legit don't remember anything about the robots. I just remember a lot of hamhanded melodrama about 20-somethings who all work poo poo jobs yet don't seem to have any real problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

mind the walrus posted:

I remember reading it out of some grim habit between 08-12 or something, and I legit don't remember anything about the robots. I just remember a lot of hamhanded melodrama about 20-somethings who all work poo poo jobs yet don't seem to have any real problems.

I seem to remember there was one robot but no sign of sexy shenanigans with him, but I might be conflating it with the CAD xbox

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I would argue that the whole Powerup Comics lineup is improved by the stilted art, it lends everything a gonzo-art feeling that matches the writing. It reminds me of Elf Only Inn, an ancient webcomic that was making fun of chatrooms (remember those?) and only used single pose art that was traced over obvious source material. Later the creator moved onto actually drawing the strip but I think it lost something when they did (not that it was that great to begin with)

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

mind the walrus posted:

Eventually the entire comic became about robots, with the human characters occasionally thrown in as robot sex partners or mechanics.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The most impressive part of Tredlocity is that one of the characters is a literal robot girlfriend and it's entirely charming.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

The most impressive part of Tredlocity is that one of the characters is a literal robot girlfriend and it's entirely charming.

I think the twist of "lesbian" makes it more interesting

also, its not a major point of the comic, its just kinda background info. Val's fascist upbringing is a more significant plot point

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

RFC2324 posted:

I think the twist of "lesbian" makes it more interesting

also, its not a major point of the comic, its just kinda background info. Val's fascist upbringing is a more significant plot point

It's a comic about cute low stakes relationship stuff and making fun of fantasy tropes, so arguably Minnow and Doris's relationship is a major point of the comic in comparison to Val's backstory

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

This is the best strip about their relationship imo

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
That one and the one where the alternate dimensions means she always dates a robot.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i think this implies they jizzed while lying on their back

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Unwinder is killing it with Santa Zone

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Santa Zone has never worked.

Paul Bunyan Zone is good.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Oh poo poo more Zone comics :f5:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Boba Pearl posted:

That one and the one where the alternate dimensions means she always dates a robot.
They did a weird inverse that also implies that robots love dating fish-people:

Tredlocity rules though. I'm a boring cis straight dude and so the LGBTQ+ stuff doesn't speak to me at all, and I still find it charming and engaging with good designs and jokes and a surprisingly consistent world. In a better universe it'd at least be big enough to ride the coattails of Rick&Morty into like a Netflix one season or something.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

This is the best strip about their relationship imo

I think this best sums Minnow and Doris's relationship to me :kimchi:

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

Not just that, but fish people with some robotic arm/eye/suit

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
i am so heckin enthused about this storyline

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

mind the walrus posted:

Tredlocity rules though. I'm a boring cis straight dude and so the LGBTQ+ stuff doesn't speak to me at all, and I still find it charming and engaging with good designs and jokes and a surprisingly consistent world. In a better universe it'd at least be big enough to ride the coattails of Rick&Morty into like a Netflix one season or something.

It's such a good bit, because it's that fish need robotic prosthetics so they're all part robot and understand the robot experience at least a little bit. It's an amazing touch.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I can understand that having cyborg bits makes it easier to understand the robot condition, but why fish though? I guess that maybe aquatic lifeforms will need enhancements to survive in non-aquatic environments, but that still leaves out sapients not adapted to standard environments/adapted to environmental extremes. Does Tredlocity just take place in a sector where there's a lot of aquatic sapients, or do robots have a pre-programmed attraction to cyborg fishpeople in particular?

Anyway, I'd like a McChicken with egg meal and a chocolate sundae, thanks.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Going to add my voice as a cishet dude who also likes Tredlocity.

I like it because it is a sweet story about some friends in space doing sweet wholesome space-pirate things.

I mean, I am probably missing out on a lot of LGBTQ stuff that goes over my head. But the way I look at it is that I am not going out with a robot either, so officially I shouldnt understand/relate to any of that stuff either.

Yet I still think it is sweet and funny. It gives me a sensible chuckle. Which is more than a lot of other webcomics in this thread do.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

As far as the LGBTQ+ stuff goes, I have a friend who recently came out as trans in the last 1-2 years and no joke she loves the poo poo out of anything Space Dread. Representation matters, and Dread is absolutely the woman of a certain zeitgeist.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

Tredlocity rules

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

BrigadierSensible posted:

Going to add my voice as a cishet dude who also likes Tredlocity.

I like it because it is a sweet story about some friends in space doing sweet wholesome space-pirate things.

I mean, I am probably missing out on a lot of LGBTQ stuff that goes over my head. But the way I look at it is that I am not going out with a robot either, so officially I shouldnt understand/relate to any of that stuff either.

Yet I still think it is sweet and funny. It gives me a sensible chuckle. Which is more than a lot of other webcomics in this thread do.

:same:

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I'm kind of hoping the revenge mentor sticks around

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Wurzag posted:

Tredlocity rules

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Scaramouche posted:

I'm kind of hoping the revenge mentor sticks around

He just said he could only properly mentor Humbleston as a ghost, and he doesn't seem like the kind of guy to go back on his word.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

mind the walrus posted:

As far as the LGBTQ+ stuff goes, I have a friend who recently came out as trans in the last 1-2 years and no joke she loves the poo poo out of anything Space Dread. Representation matters, and Dread is absolutely the woman of a certain zeitgeist.

as a trans woman who came out in the past couple years

fuckyeah, Space Dread is my loving hero

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

CommissarMega posted:

I can understand that having cyborg bits makes it easier to understand the robot condition, but why fish though?

every single robot in every single tredlocity strip is voiced by Troy McClure

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Scaramouche posted:

I'm kind of hoping the revenge mentor sticks around*
He just said he could only properly mentor Humbleston as a ghost, and he doesn't seem like the kind of guy to go back on his word.
*as a ghost

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

CommissarMega posted:

I can understand that having cyborg bits makes it easier to understand the robot condition, but why fish though? I guess that maybe aquatic lifeforms will need enhancements to survive in non-aquatic environments, but that still leaves out sapients not adapted to standard environments/adapted to environmental extremes. Does Tredlocity just take place in a sector where there's a lot of aquatic sapients, or do robots have a pre-programmed attraction to cyborg fishpeople in particular?
I have no idea, I think it's just cool, and I love it.

As a Transwoman, I love space dread.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Space Dread is a very fun character

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

Unwinder's posting all this Abbeycourt Manor as part of a Patreon Members Drive, so do consider subscribing at https://www.patreon.com/unwinderh if you like it

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Koburn posted:

You're not doing the Fleetway comic any favours by posting the mediocre Knuckles side content. They did have a couple of decent stories though, I always had a soft spot for their version of sonic's origin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwDGReApaB0

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

e-dt posted:

Unwinder's posting all this Abbeycourt Manor as part of a Patreon Members Drive, so do consider subscribing at https://www.patreon.com/unwinderh if you like it

Thanks for the heads up, sent some money his way.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

mind the walrus posted:

I'm trying not to overthink it, but I think this might be that she's in the line for the fish-person food stall. So it isn't necessarily that all robots love dating fish-people and more that because she's a fish-person she ended up going for the same food option as the other present fish-people.

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:
If that were true what would the joke be

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Cis het dude and I love Tredlocity because we need more cool space adventures.