Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Thanlis posted:

Stats are updated for November!

Edit: I'll get this working with multiple wrestlers on the chart for the end of year round-up, but here's a preview:

Thanks Thanlis! I've edited in the November stats on the first page, but here's a link to Thanlis' updated post itself. Kinda crazy how many MOTYCs Kenny Omega has managed to have in spite of his career being ended by that match he had with Alan Angels last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Hajime Ohara vs. Daisuke Harada, NOAH Higher Ground 1/10
MOTYC: Go Shiozaki, Kaito Kiyomiya, Naomichi Marufuji & Takashi Sugiura vs. Katsuhiko Nakajima, Kenou, Manabu Soya & Masa Kitamiya, NOAH Higher Ground 1/10

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

Thanks Thanlis! I've edited in the November stats on the first page, but here's a link to Thanlis' updated post itself. Kinda crazy how many MOTYCs Kenny Omega has managed to have in spite of his career being ended by that match he had with Alan Angels last year.

I was very confused about the October spike until I realised it was 4 from WP2 and 2 from the G1 Climax

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
HM: La Facción Ingobernable vs. Laredo Kid & Willie Mack, AAA TripleMania Regia II 12/4

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

MOTYC: Puma King, DMT Azul, Sam Adonis v.s Murder Clown, Dave the Clown, Chessman AAA TripleMania Regia 12/4

actually I thought this kicked rear end and people should watch it because it was fun as hell

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT D-Oh Grand Prix Night 8 December 5th
MOTYC
Konosuke Takeshita vs Yuki Ueno
- These two are great friends and stablemates. They went to highschool together. They are both only 26 years old and already incredible. They are the future of Japanese professional wrestling, and I am absolutely here for it. And Takeshita hit a motherfucking Croyt's Wrath. Kenny is coming home sooner or later

HM
A Block (Bodyguard, Jun Akiyama, Naomi Yoshimura, Tetsuya Endo and Yuji Hino) vs B Block (Chris Brookes, HARASHIMA, Kazusada Higuchi, MAO and Yuji Okabayashi)
- This was a heap of fun. Hino having a strength contest with Bodyguard was the best BG looked the entire tour, and Hino and Okabayashi facing off in the Ultimate Beef Battle was entirely my poo poo.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NOAH The War Road December 5th
MOTYC
Kongoh (Katsuhiko Nakajima and Kenoh) vs Kaito Kiyomiya and Go Shiozaki
- This is Go's first match in 9 months, and Kongoh wasted no time in welcoming him back by hitting him as hard as they could. Go's chops are like gunshots, i've missed them so much. Kiyomiya was also here and great, but this was the Go Show

HM
Kazushi Sakuraba vs Hajime Ohara
- A fun grapplefuck with one of the best to ever do it. It certainly helps that Saku is one of the smaller heavyweights on the roster so he's pretty much the same size as Ohara, and they both have quite a bit of MMA experience

Sugiura-gun (Takashi Sugiura, Kazuyuki Fujita and Kendo Kashin) vs Daiki Inaba, Yoshiki Inamura and Masa Kitamiya
- A bunch of beefy dudes whallop the hell out of each other. Also Kendo Kashin was there

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Katsuhiko Nakajima & Kenoh vs. Go Shiozaki & Kaito Kiyomiya - NOAH THE WARROAD 12/5

Shiozaki came back and decided he wasn't done trying to tear his own arms out as he smashed the poo poo out of Nakajima, while Kenoh wanted to take out his frustrations on missing out on his Budokan main event. Hardhitting stuff, really fun to watch, with a fantastic ending where Kiyomiya, the young Ace who keeps getting hosed over by old men, tapped out National Champion Kenoh to mark himself as a contender as well, aiming at Kenoh's National title. Great stuff.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
- This is Go's first match in 9 months, and Kongoh wasted no time in welcoming him back by hitting him as hard as they could. Go's chops are like gunshots, i've missed them so much. Kiyomiya was also here and great, but this was the Go Show

HM
- A fun grapplefuck with one of the best to ever do it. It certainly helps that Saku is one of the smaller heavyweights on the roster so he's pretty much the same size as Ohara, and they both have quite a bit of MMA experience

Sugiura-gun (Takashi Sugiura, Kazuyuki Fujita and Kendo Kashin) vs Daiki Inaba, Yoshiki Inamura and Masa Kitamiya
- A bunch of beefy dudes whallop the hell out of each other. Also Kendo Kashin was there

Nth to all of these. Love to see the Beef Trio doing well.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

Nth.

GO's BACK BAYBAY!

loved Kaitoh finally getting a solid win again here, especially as I fully expected going into this he would be the one eating the pin.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Jun Akiyama & Naomichi Marufuji vs. Kaito Kiyomiya & Yoshiki Inamura, NOAH Destination Back to Budokan, 2/12

Just shy of MOTYC for me.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Autumn ~ The Beauties of Nature ~ Decemeber 4th
HM
Battle Royal - Hyper Misao vs Maki Itoh vs Nao Kakuta vs Nodoka Tenma vs Rika Tatsumi vs Shoko Nakajima vs Suzume vs Yuki Arai
- This was really fun, considering the participants were only announced a few days ago after a fan vote so they didn't have a ton of time to put this together. Having pinfalls and submissions along with OTR eliminations continues to be great and allows for cool sequences that aren't 'stand in the corner and look busy until it's time for you to be eliminated'

Edward Mass posted:

HM: La Facción Ingobernable vs. Laredo Kid & Willie Mack, AAA TripleMania Regia II 12/4

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM

Nth to all of these.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

WMOTYC: Cora Jade, Io Shirai, Raquel Gonzalez & Kay Lee Ray vs Dakota Kai & Toxic Attraction, NXT War Games 12/5

Thank god that Io, Kay Lee Ray and Dakota Ray was there because this was a loving mess.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

WMOTYC: Cora Jade, Io Shirai, Raquel Gonzalez & Kay Lee Ray vs Dakota Kai & Toxic Attraction, NXT War Games 12/5

Sloppy, terribly paced, and awful camera work made this a complete slog. I feel bad for Io.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
27th November
GLEAT G Prowrestling Ver.11
Kaz Hayashi & Takanori Ito vs STRONGHEARTS (Issei Onitsuka & Shigehiro Irie)

https://youtu.be/Seyat8fZuho

GLEAT remains the best Pro Wrestling you can find entirely legally on Youtube

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Adam Cole & Roderick Strong vs. Timothy Thatcher & Tommaso Ciampa, NXT 2/3

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I don't think we have a commentary category, but...

Worst Commentary of the Year:
Triplemania Regia 2021, English stream
Matt Striker & DJ Ocho

This was painful. Striker was barely interested, missed many of the calls (including pinfalls!) while spouting his usual flowery prose bullshit, and didn't bother to do any research about who anyone was or why the matches were happening. I'm pretty sure he was Googling details about people during the matches. Ocho was there to translate the Spanish promos but didn't even bother most of the time, sticking to basic stuff like "He's saying... uh, he's hyping up the crowd." If you can, watch the Spanish stream instead, even if you don't speak it. At least they get excited about the matches.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Testekill posted:

nth, what a pile of poo poo

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW World Tag League/Best of The Super Juniors Night 12 November 29th

El Desperado vs Yoshinobu Kanemaru
- After the wet fart of the last match's ending this was just good clean fun between stablemates. They teased us at the beginning into thinking it'd be bullshit but then they strapped on their working boots.

Nth

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW World Tag League/Best of the Super Juniors Night 17 December 5th
HM
El Phantasmo vs Ryusuke Taguchi
- Had a bunch of yucks at this, thought it was hilarious

SHO vs Robbie Eagles
- Would you look at that, a match with a House of Torture member was pretty good because Dick Togo wasn't there to gently caress it up

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Joaquin Wilde & Raul Mendoza vs. MSK, NXT 1.1, Feb 10

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

sticklefifer posted:

Matt Striker & DJ Ocho

This was painful. Striker was barely interested, missed many of the calls (including pinfalls!) while spouting his usual flowery prose bullshit, and didn't bother to do any research about who anyone was or why the matches were happening. I'm pretty sure he was Googling details about people during the matches. Ocho was there to translate the Spanish promos but didn't even bother most of the time, sticking to basic stuff like "He's saying... uh, he's hyping up the crowd." If you can, watch the Spanish stream instead, even if you don't speak it. At least they get excited about the matches.

2nd. Terrible terrible commentary

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

sticklefifer posted:

Matt Striker & DJ Ocho

Nth, it was BRUTAL, BRUTAL, BRUTAL.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

And thankfully everyone who watched it now knows not to watch AAA in English. I learned that the year they had Striker and Kevin Gill on commentary.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Dark Elevation 12/6

HM: Riho vs. Angelica Risk
HM: Abadon & Ryo Mizunami vs. Emi Sakura & The Bunny

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Takashi Sugiura vs. Kazuyuki Fujita, NOAH The Glory 4/29 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV3lU3uGNbQ

MOTYC: Drew McIntyre vs. Sheamus, Raw 3/1

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Pinche Rudo posted:

Sloppy, terribly paced, and awful camera work made this a complete slog. I feel bad for Io.

agreed. thought it maybe was gonna start out good but the booking of this match was loving awful after the big bump halfway into the match. the freshest person in the match takes the pin after she takes 1 move by the person who was working an injury that was the focus of the match the whole time. garbage booking.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
These are all HMs from 2CW's Older, Fatter, Balder, held on October 1:

Colin Delaney vs. Dalton Castle vs. Daniel Garcia
Alex Shelley vs. Davey Richards
Mercedes Martinez vs. Thunder Rosa

You can watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHIQfOYMD_Q

Of the three matches, Shelley-Richards is the best - it's a near MOTYC for me.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pylons posted:

AEW Dark Elevation 12/6

nth

riho can goddamn wrestle

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
All from WrestleCade Revenge 2021 - 11/27/21

Weird mixed bag of a card, but had some gems in it. Every match had at least one recognizable name, but some had weird booking and featured some very odd combinations, with a strangely high amount of 50+ and 60+ wrestlers on the card (and one 70+).

HM: Andrew Everett, Colby Corino, & Matt Cross vs. Myron Reed, Rich Swann, & TIM

Pure indie flipfest but super fun, with lucha rules so no big pauses for tags. Colby Corino's really impressive, and I feel like Myron Reed is going to be a big deal as soon as someone bigger than MLW notices him. When Matt Cross is the slowest guy in the ring, that's really saying something.

HM: Mercedes Martinez vs. Thunder Rosa vs. Deonna Purrazzo

It's really too bad that this only got under 10 minutes, because these three could easily put on a MOTYC otherwise. Still, a really fun sprint with 3 of today's great women talents, and worth checking out.

MOTYC: Malakai Black vs. Buddy Matthews

Obviously they had to pay off this feud somewhere because of THE LORE, though I do wish it was on a bigger stage. I really enjoyed this. The classic "they know each other so well" match where they predicted each other's spots, so they were able to build on their history and told the story in the ring. It could've been a No DQ stip, but it didn't need it. Really good match on its own, but knowing the background really elevated it.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: KENTA, Taiji Ishimori & Yujiro Takahashi vs. Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI, NJPW Road to Wrestling Dontaku Night 8, April 20
MOTYC: Tomohiro Ishii vs. Yuji Nagata, NJPW Kizuna Road, July 1

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
AEW Dark 12/7

HM: Lio Rush v. Rayo
HM: Ryo Mizunami vs. Emi Sakura

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

graph posted:

AEW Dark 12/7

Nth to both. That Emi / Ryo match was absolutely great.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Rarity posted:

HM: Sammy Guevara vs. Tony Nese, AEW Rampage, 03/12
HM: PAC/Penta El Zero Miedo vs. FTR, AEW Rampage, 03/12

Nth

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Abismo Negro Jr., Arez & Psicosis vs. Carta Brava Jr., Mocho Cota Jr. & Tito Santana vs. Cuatrero, Forastero & Sanson, AAA TripleMania Regia, 12/4
HM: Dragon Lee & Dralistico vs. Laredo Kid & Willie Mack, AAA TripleMania Regia, 12/4

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Pylons posted:

AEW Dark Elevation 12/6

graph posted:

AEW Dark 12/7

Nth, these are all worth a watch