Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Just popping in to say that Psychonauts 2 is, in fact, good so far! I beat the first level and while I don't have a dental phobia, I see why the game started with a content warning regarding teeth. The teeth zipper is unsettling.

Milla. :allears:

Now bring on the "vomit" and "tight spaces". :rock:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I don’t know about the tight spaces but the vomit encounter is one of the grossest things I’ve seen in a game for a good long while

Game good

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Dreams is getting a template system to help people skip the busy work of setting up a game if it is in specific genres

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Weedle posted:

yeah its called the switch

Dunno what that is, shame theres no readable SA thread on it

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Vikar Jerome posted:

Dunno what that is, shame theres no readable SA thread on it

sadly true

Delzuma
Dec 4, 2004

haveblue posted:

I don’t know about the tight spaces but the vomit encounter is one of the grossest things I’ve seen in a game for a good long while

Game good

I abruptly lost interest during the cooking game show and haven’t gone back. Does it pick up again?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
People I respect can’t stop raving about Psychonauts 2 but after 3 hours with the game I just don’t think it feels good to play, and I’m not so enamored with Tim Schaffer’s humor that I’m prepared to play 20-30 hours of a video game that I don’t think feels fun to play just to hear his riffs on getting old and making amends.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Delzuma posted:

I abruptly lost interest during the cooking game show and haven’t gone back. Does it pick up again?

I think that's a completely fair point at which to lose interest in the game and quit, it won't radically change after that

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Delzuma posted:

This is the best level in the game wtf

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

haveblue posted:

Game good

Apparently the tight spaces thing is in reference to the tomb level.

I just watched a short clip of the puking scene, and it didn't bother me, but I don't have emetophobia at all. Now, anything involving boogers/snot, even in a cartoony way, makes me gag uncontrollably. The little turnip boar in Animal Crossing (or that little snotty poo poo in Wind Waker) are so fuckin' gross.

Bust Rodd posted:

People I respect can’t stop raving about Psychonauts 2 but after 3 hours with the game I just don’t think it feels good to play, and I’m not so enamored with Tim Schaffer’s humor that I’m prepared to play 20-30 hours of a video game that I don’t think feels fun to play just to hear his riffs on getting old and making amends.

Fair! I just like an old school-style platformer as "comfort food" every so often, and I enjoy the weird environments. I can definitely see the humor grating on people, though.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Bust Rodd posted:

I kickstarted the game and finally got around to starting it a few weeks ago. I got a few hours in and it kind of bored me, honestly. I paused on it but I'll go back eventually. The combat is a chore and the platforming is serviceable, and the story so far is fine I guess? There's so much talking and I don't feel super invested in much yet. The setpieces and world design are great but I just didn't feel the drive to push forward for now. Maybe I'm in the wrong mood lately.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Baggot posted:

I kickstarted the game and finally got around to starting it a few weeks ago. I got a few hours in and it kind of bored me, honestly. I paused on it but I'll go back eventually. The combat is a chore and the platforming is serviceable, and the story so far is fine I guess? There's so much talking and I don't feel super invested in much yet. The setpieces and world design are great but I just didn't feel the drive to push forward for now. Maybe I'm in the wrong mood lately.

The combat is my least favorite part, for sure. I've been using the invincibility cheat, but there's also a cheat to "speed up" story encounters (I'm assuming Raz does more damage).

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm sure Psychonauts 2 is great for the right person but I have watched enough footage to be able to tell I wouldn't like it much. Also just find the art style super ugly.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

veni veni veni posted:

I'm sure Psychonauts 2 is great for the right person but I have watched enough footage to be able to tell I wouldn't like it much. Also just find the art style super ugly.

:same: but about that Big Mouth show.

The PS4 version of Moon comes out in two weeks!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Read After Burning posted:

:same: but about that Big Mouth show.

oh no no, that's too far. psychonauts' art design is an acquired taste but it's animated well and its characters do have a selick-esque charm. big mouth is just hideous

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
y’all know big mouth looks like that on purpose right

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Ugly on purpose is still ugly. :colbert:

https://twitter.com/crowsx3/status/1466455472807059472

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I just beat Psychonauts last month for the first time and hearing that Psychonauts 2 is somehow still super talky is kind of amazing. There's so much talking in that first game already!

Delzuma
Dec 4, 2004

Arist posted:

This is the best level in the game wtf

I just prefer forward progression in games like this. Once would have been fine but having to do the same thing two or three times just felt like spinning my wheels. And I really dislike timed side quests. I’ll do everything in pretty much every game I own except for races and beat the clock type quests. Never liked em.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I loved Psycvonauts but I can see why some people don't. The combat wasn't great and the overall story feels a little unfocused .

I just loved the individual moments in the game, a number of the levels (not all), the dialogue, and the characters. A little bitter that they added the thing that helps you find collectibles after I platinumed the game, but whatever.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

y’all know big mouth looks like that on purpose right

Even worse!

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Policenaut posted:

I just beat Psychonauts last month for the first time and hearing that Psychonauts 2 is somehow still super talky is kind of amazing. There's so much talking in that first game already!

2 has even more - a lot of running around the camp talking to people is optional but there's SO much talking to start off like the first 3 hours of this game.

I also loved 1, but 2 didn't click with me. The hospital level was headed in the right direction though I guess. Will have to resume at some point.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Dear PS4 thread, need some help to recover mentally from competitive examinations that I finished the past 17th Nov that left me exhausted physically (physical trials) and mentally (shitloads of studying). Over the past 3 months the only thing I could play and for something like 20 mins or so was old rear end FIFA games on my PS3, no joke.

After the 17th I managed to beat Doom Eternal's DLC2 but in short bursts because I felt tired, I also beat Homefront: The Revolution because... uuuh it was drat cheap on PC. The only game I managed to play a bit was Skyrim on PS4 because it's relaxing just wandering around but I decided to start Sekiro and that's the issue I'm having right now: I'm not feeling it. I know it's on me because of months of working, training, studying non-stop that left me wasted and I'm still recovering but I have the following options:

-Sekiro: play, master and beat the poo poo out of it before it's too close for Elden Ring release.

-Play Skyrim and Elder Scrolls Online to relax.

-Greedfall (no idea but I'm always putting my eye on this one since I was a PS+ game)

-Kingdoms of Amalur (keep playing it since it falls down into the Skyrim/ESO zone of chill RPG game)

Obviously Sekiro is the winner in action/quality and I should keep going to enter the FROM zone again but if anyone can understand how tired I am that I've even been away from Veeg's streams for months because my brain was boiling.

Any other suggestions? My backlog is huge with games like Spider-Man, Days Gone, MediEvil, Call of Cthulhu, Torment Tides of Numenera, Dragon Age Inquisition, a bunch of Yakuza games, Metro Exodus...

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Play chill games for now then when you’re ready absolutely crush the poo poo out of Sekiro. It’s good to see you back!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Thanks! I'll do chill stuff more so when I passed and secured a spot to work for the government till I retire.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Metro Exodus and Sekiro.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Skyrim!!

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Guillermus posted:

Dear PS4 thread, need some help to recover mentally from competitive examinations that I finished the past 17th Nov that left me exhausted physically (physical trials) and mentally (shitloads of studying). Over the past 3 months the only thing I could play and for something like 20 mins or so was old rear end FIFA games on my PS3, no joke.

After the 17th I managed to beat Doom Eternal's DLC2 but in short bursts because I felt tired, I also beat Homefront: The Revolution because... uuuh it was drat cheap on PC. The only game I managed to play a bit was Skyrim on PS4 because it's relaxing just wandering around but I decided to start Sekiro and that's the issue I'm having right now: I'm not feeling it. I know it's on me because of months of working, training, studying non-stop that left me wasted and I'm still recovering but I have the following options:

-Sekiro: play, master and beat the poo poo out of it before it's too close for Elden Ring release.

-Play Skyrim and Elder Scrolls Online to relax.

-Greedfall (no idea but I'm always putting my eye on this one since I was a PS+ game)

-Kingdoms of Amalur (keep playing it since it falls down into the Skyrim/ESO zone of chill RPG game)

Obviously Sekiro is the winner in action/quality and I should keep going to enter the FROM zone again but if anyone can understand how tired I am that I've even been away from Veeg's streams for months because my brain was boiling.

Any other suggestions? My backlog is huge with games like Spider-Man, Days Gone, MediEvil, Call of Cthulhu, Torment Tides of Numenera, Dragon Age Inquisition, a bunch of Yakuza games, Metro Exodus...

Spider-man is a good time thats not going to ask a lot of you plot wise. The combat is fine (a more flippy arkham) but the traversal is really fun and relaxing. Much as I love a Yakuza game (and I do loving love a yakuza game) if your concentration isnt quite there it can be a bit "This guys from the what family? Which clan? Are they on my side or... Oh gently caress this". Although also worth mentioning you can generally just roll with it; its usually fairly clear quite quickly if a character is on your side (currently) or not which is the important thing. And I guess the yakuza games have the "If you dont like the acrobats, check out the clowns" factor, if you are having problems concentrating on the main game you can just peace out and play a crane machine or an arcade game or whatever for a bit.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Hi I'm having a couple technical issues

lately with my dualshock, the camera pans up as if I'm moving the right stick up, even though I'm not touching the right stick. This controller is pretty old, so I assume I just need a new one.

the bigger issue is that I have a bluetooth receiver to listen to music from my computer. In the last few days, the music has gotten very choppy only while using my PS4. I know my controller uses bluetooth so maybe that's an issue? But I have no idea why it would happen only now. Before this, the only time the music got choppy was when I was downloading something on the PS4 (for some reason). It even happens when I use my controller while it's plugged in.

edit: seems to be related to bluetooth interference from my phone, if I keep it too close

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Dec 5, 2021

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll keep with Skyrim and start adding some other stuff. I started Spider-Man like a year ago and didn't grab me but it's on my to-do list for sure.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Skyrim is a great winter game imo

I've been playing on survival mode to maintain some semblance of a challenge and it feels real nice to be trekking through a snowy tundra and pausing at a nearby campfire to warm up and eat a horker loaf or something

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Wolfsheim posted:

Skyrim is a great winter game imo

I've been playing on survival mode to maintain some semblance of a challenge and it feels real nice to be trekking through a snowy tundra and pausing at a nearby campfire to warm up and eat a horker loaf or something

It really does change the feel of the game in a great way. Sometimes it’s a little tough but I think it will smooth out as I get more powerful.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I put something like 120 hours back in the days on the original release on PC and a bunch more over the years after modding it a bit. But since I got the Special Edition on PS4, a few mods and fixes I launched it and was perfect as I roam around exploring.

I'll give Sekiro small bursts to get in the mood too (just found the first shinobi tool). Let's hope I can get a PS5 for Elden Ring launch, otherwise it's gonna be on PS4.

Now that I have plenty of free time I want to clear my PS4 and PS3 backlog :buddy:

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I played Survival Mode until I decided it wasn't fun anymore, but it really enhanced the first part of the game. I think once I started having to trek to and from the Dark Brotherhood sanctuary it no longer felt fun, especially since Falkreath doesn't have a carriage.

Br3instyrm
Jan 3, 2013

actionjackson posted:

lately with my dualshock, the camera pans up as if I'm moving the right stick up, even though I'm not touching the right stick. This controller is pretty old, so I assume I just need a new one.

The contacts inside the stick might be worn. If you are handy with tools, you might try to disassemble the controller using a Ifixit guide and try to clean the potentiometer inside the stick.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I'm very excited for the Bugsnax DLC. :D

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Volte posted:

I played Survival Mode until I decided it wasn't fun anymore, but it really enhanced the first part of the game. I think once I started having to trek to and from the Dark Brotherhood sanctuary it no longer felt fun, especially since Falkreath doesn't have a carriage.

Falkreath doesn't, but if you build the lakeside cottage and hire a steward they can hire a carriage driver

pipebomb
May 12, 2001

Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains?
It must be so boring.
Can you guys help me out? I took some stuff in trade for a computer, and one of the items is a PS4 Pro, Spiderman Edition. It’s a 1tb version, in perfect condition with the boxes, cables, controller, etc.
Approximately what is it worth? I see them from 400-1000 (?) on eBay and 3rd party sites. I am not a gamer and could certainly use cash more. Just trying to get a ballpark idea of its value.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

well if 400-1000 is what you're seeing on ebay, etc then that would be the ballpark u seek, OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

pipebomb posted:

Can you guys help me out? I took some stuff in trade for a computer, and one of the items is a PS4 Pro, Spiderman Edition. It’s a 1tb version, in perfect condition with the boxes, cables, controller, etc.
Approximately what is it worth? I see them from 400-1000 (?) on eBay and 3rd party sites. I am not a gamer and could certainly use cash more. Just trying to get a ballpark idea of its value.

Send it to me I'll appraise it

I already have spider man though