Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

AndyElusive posted:

Prediction: We're going to get a PIzza Dog origin story episode of Hawkeye and it will be amazing.
Maybe to the extend of Maya's backstory. A whole episode seems kind of a lot, considering there's only 3 left.

swickles posted:

Pizza Dog/Hit Monkey crossover when?!?!?
Well the second season of Hitmonkey is set in New York. Why else would he go there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I predict that Pizza Dog is going to live on a nice farm where he can run and play.

Because Clint’s going to take him home for his kids.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah just going off casting and rumours there is a lot to shove into the next 3 episodes, even if they all trend closer to an hour than half.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

El Tortuga posted:

I got back from seeing the premier of Homecoming and saw that Disney was airing a new episode of that show *that* night. It's crazy that Zendaya is such an icon and she was doing that formulaic Disney junk that late.

Zendaya is very much a Disney icon, even if she's finally getting to do other stuff. The first episode of "Step It Up" premiered in Nov. of 2010. So she's been filming Disney stuff since she was 13 years old.

AJA posted:

Between scenes Kate took t-bone steaks from her aunts' freezer and put them out, and she left the window to the fire escape half-open so Pizza Dog could go out for his own walks (NO, IN THE MCU THAT JUST WORKS) and that is why he has met a very nice Shitzu named Pom-Pom and ran around with a Pit called Bobby, and also she Craigslisted a doggy-sitter to come over for two hours a day and give belly-rubs and squeak all the toys and do basic washing and grooming, and Clint will pay for that because he knows that if he didn't and his wife and kids found out they would kick his rear end WHICH IS WHY THE POVERTY STREET DOG IS SUDDENLY ABSOLUTELY GLOWING, like, please, relax Goons.

Like, Bro :)

I have no problem buying this. Hell, the cold pizza was probably some kind of food-colored doggie meat treat shaped to look like pizza or something. I mean, some of these objection fall into the "Wait! Do Kate and Clint not have to use the bathroom ever, because there's no scenes of them having to piss or poo poo?!" of some things can assumed instead of being shown.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Iron man is constantly pooping.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

External Organs posted:

What do you think Spiderman's "webs" are?

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

tsob posted:

What do you think Spiderman's "webs" are?

:gizz:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

External Organs posted:

He poops and pees inside the suit.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

El Tortuga posted:

I got back from seeing the premier of Homecoming and saw that Disney was airing a new episode of that show *that* night. It's crazy that Zendaya is such an icon and she was doing that formulaic Disney junk that late.

I just googled it and apparently that show ended in 2018 which means she immediately transitioned from PG Disney shows to Euphoria on HBO. Lol

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Marvel just threw up a short preview for Spiderman: Across the Spider-Verse. Part I. No idea when it became a multipart film, but the animation is gorgeous, it'll be out in about 8 months and more Spider-Verse is good, so who cares, I guess.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That style with Miguel and Miles is great.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Thundercracker posted:

I just googled it and apparently that show ended in 2018 which means she immediately transitioned from PG Disney shows to Euphoria on HBO. Lol

Well, sure. She's a working actress who wants to stay a working actress and be considered for the widest possible range of roles. She didn't want to get stuck playing "cute high school girl" until she was too old to still be a "cute high school girl" at which point her career would end. And let's be honest, the Spider-Man movies are still pretty much PGish Disney fare. It's not like she went full "get bloody and show your tits" like Lisa Bonet. I'm glad she's been able to get good, meaty roles without doing that.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
She's also in Dunc
I don't remember her being a user of the voice, but she does have the power to end the movie by speaking

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

tsob posted:

Marvel just threw up a short preview for Spiderman: Across the Spider-Verse. Part I. No idea when it became a multipart film, but the animation is gorgeous, it'll be out in about 8 months and more Spider-Verse is good, so who cares, I guess.
8 months is sooner than I thought

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

So is that giant arrow just stuck in that bridge now? Is there a Stark Industries clean up crew responsible for removing poo poo like that in the MCU?

cant cook creole bream posted:

Maybe to the extend of Maya's backstory. A whole episode seems kind of a lot, considering there's only 3 left.

Ya that's what I mean to suggest, more or less. Although, I would watch and enjoy an entire Pizza Dog episode. Unequivocally.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

AndyElusive posted:

Prediction: We're going to get a PIzza Dog origin story episode of Hawkeye and it will be amazing.

I would go absolutely wild if they pulled off either an entirely speechless Deaf episode or a whole Lucky POV episode like the two gimmick issues from Fraction's run. I know that's way too out there for these shows but I can dream.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Zero chance. There's just not enough episodes and not enough time to spend an entire episode on a one-off concept like that.

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

AndyElusive posted:

So is that giant arrow just stuck in that bridge now?
I'd like to think that PYM tech has advanced far enough in cases like these to include an automatic "downsize" feature at some point (and yes, that would still leave a giant hole in a a major NYC thoroughfare, but, so, uhh...just like every other one? :classiclol:)

AndyElusive posted:

Is there a Stark Industries clean up crew responsible for removing poo poo like that in the MCU?
DAMAGE CONTROL, baby! :tif: (no, not STARK Industries, but yes, so much better!)

AJA fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Dec 5, 2021

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Ror posted:

I would go absolutely wild if they pulled off either an entirely speechless Deaf episode

"Only murders in the building" just did that.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

AJA posted:

I'd like to think that PYM tech has advanced far enough in cases like these to include an automatic "downsize" feature at some point (and yes, that would still leave a giant hole in a a major NYC thoroughfare, but, so, uhh...just like every other one? :classiclol:)

I think this happened with the big empty Ant Man suit in Ant Man & the Wasp.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

Ror posted:

I would go absolutely wild if they pulled off either an entirely speechless Deaf episode or a whole Lucky POV episode like the two gimmick issues from Fraction's run. I know that's way too out there for these shows but I can dream.

Sign language is generally considered speech too by most sign language scholars (who also get mad if you call sign language “nonverbal”) but an episode from a “deaf POV” using only subtitles would own, maybe make it inaudible too, but that would be too wild

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Zwille posted:

Sign language is generally considered speech too by most sign language scholars (who also get mad if you call sign language “nonverbal”) but an episode from a “deaf POV” using only subtitles would own, maybe make it inaudible too, but that would be too wild

I know Joss Whedon deservedly gets a lot of flack, but that "Hush" episode from the fourth season of BtVS did something a little like that and it really rocked.

More than likely we'll need to wait for the Echo show to see something like that, though.

Maybe they'll toss things for a loop and Maya will be the one who adopts Pizza Dog so we can get a Pizza Dog POV story during Echo as well.

Everyone fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Dec 5, 2021

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Hush and the Musical episode of Buffy are both some of the best episodes of TV ever produced.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
The Magicians episode 6 short stories about magic did a chunk from the deaf character's POV as well. Not the whole ep sadly.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I think the pizza dog story worked in a comic book medium and would look cheesy in live action.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Golden Bee posted:

I think the pizza dog story worked in a comic book medium and would look cheesy in live action.

Do it as an animated Christmas special next year, akin to the Guardians of the Galaxy Christmas special James Gun is doing. I think that one is about Groot?

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

Hush and the Musical episode of Buffy are both some of the best episodes of TV ever produced.

Buffy and Scrubs musical episodes are some of my favorite TV and have been since I was a kid. Straight bangers. I still listen to Rest In Peace.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

It’s all about the poo

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Pizza Dog is Mephisto

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

tsob posted:

Do it as an animated Christmas special next year, akin to the Guardians of the Galaxy Christmas special James Gun is doing. I think that one is about Groot?

Groot's getting a separate show.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Bust Rodd posted:

Are they actually good or are they "people say that Buffy is good" good?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Bleck posted:

Are they actually good or are they "people say that Buffy is good" good?

The latter. If you like Buffy it's fun but I can't recommend checking it out in TYOOL 2021.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's more that neither episode is really standalone like, say, the Scrubs musical. They're both thematically about characters not communicating and as such you kinda need context for what people aren't talking to each other about and why it matters.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Anita Dickinme posted:

Buffy and Scrubs musical episodes are some of my favorite TV and have been since I was a kid. Straight bangers. I still listen to Rest In Peace.

Do you get some sleep?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

live with fruit posted:

Groot's getting a separate show.

Aside from the cartoon, the special is about Groot's first Christmas (according to James Gunn) and I believe it will be live action.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Desperado Bones posted:

Aside from the cartoon, the special is about Groot's first Christmas (according to James Gunn) and I believe it will be live action.

What a concept. Chris Pratt bringing the gospel of Jesus Christ to space trees.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Every tree wants to be a Christmas tree; even the living ones. I wonder will Rocket be the angel on top at some point?

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

tsob posted:

Every tree wants to be a Christmas tree; even the living ones. I wonder will Rocket be the angel on top at some point?

Baby Jesus in the nativity scene, with Mantis and Drax as Mary and Joseph.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

live with fruit posted:

What a concept. Chris Pratt bringing the gospel of Jesus Christ to space trees.

eh. It's probably going to be heavily aimed to children and Christ Pratt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Neither of the Guardians films are marketed to kids and a big big draw of the films is for Millenials and boomers to get all the musical references, I doubt that. Star Wars is the kids IP stuff, Marvel is for adults and man-children