Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Takes No Damage posted:

Just so we're all clear, they sprung for a Rolling Stones song to play over a montage of Frank dying old men's hair and it wasn't Paint It Black? Is that what we're going with?

It was a Goodfellas riff.
Edit: shameful snipe….ummmm
DEE’S A BIRD!

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Dec 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

DogsInSpace! posted:

It was a Goodfellas riff.

I think that still would have been obvious even without actually using Gimme Shelter. Missed opportunity for a stupid dad pun IMO :(

Having said that, Gimme Shelter is a straight banger and hearing it on a regular TV show is still pretty cool.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

the big punchline to episode 1 got me

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

C'mon, even the gang aren't THAT big of assholes, no way they'd vote for That Other Guy :rolleyes:

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

It makes repeat viewings that little bit even better.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

I knew it was a misdirect but couldn't figure out what it was.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Takes No Damage posted:

C'mon, even the gang aren't THAT big of assholes, no way they'd vote for That Other Guy :rolleyes:

Mac and Frank would, I think

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Barry Foster posted:

Yeah Frank would because he'd consider himself to be on the same level, and Mac would just vote for whatever name he heard last before stepping into the booth so... Well, 3 out of 5 ain't bad :shrug:

Also hello thread, it's me, the guy who just now noticed that immediately after the loan guy told the gang that the world didn't revolve around them because THEY AREN'T FORREST GUMP, they immediately cut to a montage of all the gang being digitally inserted into historic news footage. Just like in that one movie, Forrest Gump :downs:

e:
Just sitting down to ep2 now, they spoiled their own title card gag :(

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Dec 3, 2021

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Thought Frank would pull away the football after that introduction

Laughing so hard at teh scorcese montage

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

1st episode was a total trip because YouTube recommended the Danny Devito Charades with Jimmy Fallen like a couple days prior... which also ends up referencing Kanye West and Gold Digger... (Also read the comments if you want a laugh because even though they say it on the episode, nobody can figure out the reason they both looked at Kim when they saw the card...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be1PTpxAmWg

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

This face lol

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Brawnfire posted:

This face lol

That part made me roar lmao

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Takes No Damage posted:

Just sitting down to ep2 now, they spoiled their own title card gag :(

this is the only time I disagree with their comedic choices. They do it perfectly in episodes like "Frank Sets Sweet Dee On Fire" but sometimes they can't help but spoil it.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm glad the gang is back

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Barry Foster posted:

Trump's from new york, I doubt Mac would vote for him. Frank I could see.

Macrame_God posted:

He hasn't been on the show in, what, over ten years?

Almost 15!! (season 3 episode 10 first aired October 18, 2007)

I wonder if that's a record?

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Neat, that was Portugal. The Man sitting behind the gang at the end of the second episode.

https://twitter.com/portugaltheman/status/1466625091504988161?s=21

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Takes No Damage posted:

I think that still would have been obvious even without actually using Gimme Shelter. Missed opportunity for a stupid dad pun IMO :(

Having said that, Gimme Shelter is a straight banger and hearing it on a regular TV show is still pretty cool.

It probably cost them mid/high-six figures, too. Stones are notorious for charging out the rear end for use of their tunes.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Ballz posted:

Neat, that was Portugal. The Man sitting behind the gang at the end of the second episode.

https://twitter.com/portugaltheman/status/1466625091504988161?s=21

Its nice having rich friends.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

MrMojok posted:

It probably cost them mid/high-six figures, too. Stones are notorious for charging out the rear end for use of their tunes.

yeah its one of the most notoriously expensive licenses

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Those were some drat fine episodes of Sunny! Really looking forward to this new season.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Barry Foster posted:

That part made me roar lmao

Post/Gang Tag combo on point :hmmyes:

MrMojok posted:

Oh yeah, them, The Beatles, Prince, there's just some music you almost never hear in movies/TV so it really stands out when you do. People were joking that whatever season of Mad Men blew all their budget on playing a Beatles track for 30 seconds.

I like to imagine the Stones were already fans of the show and let them have it for like 50 bux, the way Pink Floyd refuses to license a professional stage production of The Wall but will let high school theater classes do it for free.

Burning_Monk posted:

Those were some drat fine episodes of Sunny! Really looking forward to this new season.

:same: The last few seasons have been hit-or-miss for me, and while these 2 won't be among my favorites they're both solid Sunny eps. Hopefully they continue to swing towards quality over quantity for the rest of the season as well.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

First ep was ok. Decided to rewatch all the Lethal Weapon eps before the 2nd ep and it’s hilarious that they took Shaping America’s Youth off streaming

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

...I don't think your dick work...

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I was hoping for Z way more than Don Cheadle but I guess he made more sense for the ending

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

z was the first black guy to pop into my mind too. i have to admit that.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
The direct referencing of the episodes that got pulled from hulu killed me.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Carthag Tuek posted:

z was the first black guy to pop into my mind too. i have to admit that.

Same. They don't have a very deep bench.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

There's also Old Black Man.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

ChesterJT posted:

Same. They don't have a very deep bench.

Says more about them than anyone else

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The guy's a good actor. I really don't like pepperjack very much so he's pretty much got pimp down

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

oh jay posted:

There's also Old Black Man.

The actor died in April :smith:

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I hope they bring back The Maniac for an episode

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

that'll do pig, that'll do

drunken officeparty posted:

I hope they bring back The Maniac for an episode

He's sleeping in the same bed as Old Black Man

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
Wasn’t one of the Yellow Jacket Boys black?

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Super Deuce posted:

Wasn’t one of the Yellow Jacket Boys black?

I poo poo ye not, I just watched that ep and came to post about it! Been rewatching the show, into season 3, I completely forgot about that. I can't believe I forgot Hawky especially, what a great man.

So many magical moments on this show.

edit: oh my, just witnessed the first Pepper Jack, with Fraggle Rock. There's a lot of lore here to take in.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Dec 5, 2021

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Always Sunny has a trail of dead bodies :lol:

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Cockblocktopus posted:

The actor died in April :smith:

gently caress

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Wonder how long they slept with him before they noticed :smith:

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Says more about them than us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Takes No Damage posted:

I like to imagine the Stones were already fans of the show and let them have it for like 50 bux, the way Pink Floyd refuses to license a professional stage production of The Wall but will let high school theater classes do it for free.

There was also an episode of Louie (from before all the bad stuff came to light) where The Who wanted $300,000 to use "Who Are You" in the episode but eventually Pete Townshend was contacted directly and he asked to see how they intended to use the song and when he saw how it was used he asked for $7500 instead. I guess if you have the means to actually contact these people it's possible to negotiate, even though that seems weird to me because I thought most artists don't actually control or in many cases even own streaming rights to their own music.