Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Splicer posted:

Just picked up the latest edition of wired
https://twitter.com/hilaryagro/status/1412730054551998467
Looking good!

https://twitter.com/michelmcbride/status/1412744581666512900?t=mbAwArUbymqVCHca3IlSiA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Oh God I think I'm going to throw up...

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

This article is legit fascinating, both for the many, many things they got hilariously wrong and the few things they absolutely nailed, but also as a cultural artifact of a time when people legit couldn't fathom that anything bad would ever happen to the US ever again.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Gregoire posted:

You got a Sega CD for Christmas? Cha-Ching! Looks like Sega won the console wars.

Oh man Sewer Shark looks so awesome!

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Moon Slayer posted:

This article is legit fascinating, both for the many, many things they got hilariously wrong and the few things they absolutely nailed, but also as a cultural artifact of a time when people legit couldn't fathom that anything bad would ever happen to the US ever again.
Funny how allowing an election to be stolen in broad daylight can derail that sort of thing.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
*is a baby, unable to form coherent thoughts*

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
Have you guys heard of Sailor Moon? It's this really cool cartoon from Japan, but over there they call it anime.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Have you guys heard of Sailor Moon? It's this really cool cartoon from Japan, but over there they call it anime.

I heard the girls are naked when they transform!

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

“Anime”, you say? I will have to check this out. Japan is a very highly educated and culturally advanced society, I imagine their animated entertainment will be subtle and thought-provoking.

Priestess Cashmere
Oct 9, 2012

Yikesaroo
Yeah, I was really intimidated by Windows 95 too, but then I got that video where Rachel and Chandler teach you how to use it.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
Man all these dot com stocks are skyrocketing. Better get onboard before I miss my chance.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

ROFLOL Poser guy here doesn't know it's really called "Japanimation"

Looks like someone didn't grow up watching ROBOTECH huh man

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Man all these dot com stocks are skyrocketing. Better get onboard before I miss my chance.
Don't be stupid, it's a fad! No one's going to buy things over the internet.

This is where the smart money is:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
holy poo poo you can set a gif as your windows background and it stays animated the entire time! My mouse is laggy but who cares, this is the future of computing.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Chicken Butt posted:

“Anime”, you say? I will have to check this out. Japan is a very highly educated and culturally advanced society, I imagine their animated entertainment will be subtle and thought-provoking.

Anime is for real. My friend loaned me this Ninja Scroll anime and it had tits in it, and some crazy violence, and also the preview before the movie had KMFDM playing over all the clips. We should all smoke and watch Anime.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
youre not hardcore unless you use slackware linux the 4 cd set

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Nuts and Gum posted:

holy poo poo you can set a gif as your windows background and it stays animated the entire time! My mouse is laggy but who cares, this is the future of computing.
My cursor is a banana :roflolmao:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Moon Slayer posted:

the few things they absolutely nailed

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
Please sign my guestbook

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Holy gently caress it's like 6/10 on that list :aaaaa:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
loving black Friday. We have to open an hour early so all these morons standing in the cold for the past two hours can save $10 on toys.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Yeah I saw someone on the news who was sitting outside of a Circuit City in a chair. Said he'd been there since Midnight.

Like dude, did you just eat your turkey, take a poo poo and then go sit outside for hours? What a weirdo.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Well, you know, malls are a permanent fixture of American life, you shouldn't be surprised that people get weird about them.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
*dialup modem sounds*

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Pshhhkkkkkkrrrr​kakingkakingkakingtsh​chchchchchchchcch​*ding*ding*ding*

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

The Alchemist posted:

Pshhhkkkkkkrrrr​kakingkakingkakingtsh​chchchchchchchcch​*ding*ding*ding*

GET OFF THE PHONE, MOM. I'M TRYING TO PLAY STARCRAFT

mexican willie
Mar 17, 2007

There are still Circuit Cities?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

mexican willie posted:

?? Of course. It's the biggest electronics chain around.

Where else are people going to go for Japanese made big screen televisions that weigh 200 pounds?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
What's this site called? Hampster...dance?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

mexican willie posted:

I wish my town had a Circuit City. We just have a Radio Shack.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Fry's Electronics is really cool, it's like Price Club for computers

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica

FilthyImp posted:

Holy gently caress it's like 6/10 on that list :aaaaa:

Every one except the energy crisis is at least half right. Lmao that they thought we would be 0/10

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

teardrop posted:

Every one except the energy crisis is at least half right. Lmao that they thought we would be 0/10

It wasn't global but Texas had that last winter. It was nat gas and not oil or renewable behind it though

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Well, I got a generator, water, food for 5 years water filtration, 15,000 gallons of fuel for my generator,
279 guns and 15,000 pounds of gun powder, and 42069 bullets.
I'm more prepared for y2k than the guy from Tremors.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Chicken Butt posted:

man, this dragon ball z show is epic. the guy spends, like, 10 episodes powering up just to throw one punch!

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

wesleywillis posted:

Well, I got a generator, water, food for 5 years water filtration, 15,000 gallons of fuel for my generator,
279 guns and 15,000 pounds of gun powder, and 42069 bullets.
I'm more prepared for y2k than the guy from Tremors.

Oregon trail but with a generator instead of oxen

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Listening to some Pixies while playing Resident Evil so it doesnt get too scary

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

The Alchemist posted:

Listening to some Pixies while playing Resident Evil so it doesnt get too scary

with all the lights on

and closing my eyes during the early cutscene where the zombie looks over its shoulder at you

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

FoolyCharged posted:

It wasn't global but Texas had that last winter. It was nat gas and not oil or renewable behind it though

Or Europe right now.

Man can't wait for the EU to become integrated and cooperative and help moderate US foreign policy and push the States towards a comprehensive welfare state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Woodstock 94 was amazing! So glad it’s back. Can’t wait for the next one!