Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Asproigerosis posted:

Also mentions his marital commitment to his wife.

What about his commitment to finger blasting random ladies in public

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
That will remain strong as he begrudgingly agrees to the note dame job, a higher calling for buttblasting.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if the browns or bengals end up in last place in the afc north then urban will be visiting ohio again next season. or 3rd place if the jaguars pass the texans. i believe

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Going from random ladies to Our Lady.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Shrimpy posted:

Is this what is meant by 'public property'? :ussr:

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Shrimpy posted:

Urban Meyer to the London Monarchs confirmed

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
It feels like the WFT is going to fall rear end backwards in the playoffs for 2-3 years with a horrible record, then they will luck out and go 13-4 one season and then Rivera will get way too many 5-12 seasons before getting fired.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Nah, specific ladies. The ones who are standing under a mural prominently featuring his wife.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Bob Socko posted:

Nah, specific ladies. The ones who are standing under a mural prominently featuring his wife.

lol

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

DariusLikewise posted:

It feels like the WFT is going to fall rear end backwards in the playoffs for 2-3 years with a horrible record, then they will luck out and go 13-4 one season and then Rivera will get way too many 5-12 seasons before getting fired.

Ron Rivera is the new John Fox, he's got a really high floor as a coach and he's going to polish a lot of turds on the defensive side of the ball and provide enough stability for a team to start to build something but he's never going to win a superbowl because he's just frozen in fear of making the wrong decision and trying something. He's also stuck in the 1980s run game and defense philosophy that just kills you in the modern nfl.

He made the playoffs a few times in Carolina exactly the same way - weak division, playing just good enough on defense with a productive enough run game to close things out consistently. The 2015 year was Cam being a football demi god succeeding in spite of everything around him.

He'll probably have a very nice career similar to fox just bouncing around the league to basket case franchises and righting the ship to where they sneak into the wildcard or turn a 1-16 franchise into an 8-8 mid tier tough out but everything with him is just so safe and bland and vanilla its punishing to watch as a fan.

He was kind of the perfect hire for washington and he's got them back on track in terms of what they put out on the field but another year or so and a new name and it won't be long before Snyder gets the Jerry Jones brain worms and has to meddle and it'll fall apart.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

BlindSite posted:

Ron Rivera is the new John Fox, he's got a really high floor as a coach and he's going to polish a lot of turds on the defensive side of the ball and provide enough stability for a team to start to build something but he's never going to win a superbowl because he's just frozen in fear of making the wrong decision and trying something. He's also stuck in the 1980s run game and defense philosophy that just kills you in the modern nfl.

He made the playoffs a few times in Carolina exactly the same way - weak division, playing just good enough on defense with a productive enough run game to close things out consistently. The 2015 year was Cam being a football demi god succeeding in spite of everything around him.

He'll probably have a very nice career similar to fox just bouncing around the league to basket case franchises and righting the ship to where they sneak into the wildcard or turn a 1-16 franchise into an 8-8 mid tier tough out but everything with him is just so safe and bland and vanilla its punishing to watch as a fan.

He was kind of the perfect hire for washington and he's got them back on track in terms of what they put out on the field but another year or so and a new name and it won't be long before Snyder gets the Jerry Jones brain worms and has to meddle and it'll fall apart.

That sounds like the Jeff Fisher paradox. Good coach that guys enjoy playing for but with such a backwards philosophy stuck in the 90s that their teams will never do much other than hover in the middle of the league.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

DariusLikewise posted:

That sounds like the Jeff Fisher paradox. Good coach that guys enjoy playing for but with such a backwards philosophy stuck in the 90s that their teams will never do much other than hover in the middle of the league.

It's pretty much what he is though. I don't have any hate for the guy - I think he genuinely cares about his players and really does seem to be one of those coaches who's willing to put in time with guys who struggle and get the best out of them, but his offensive game plans are so conservative and dire it's hard not to shake your head when you watch his teams play.

Ideally you'd hire him and force upon him some kind of dynamic play caller because Chudzinski for example dialed up an amazing offense when Cam entered the league. If he has full control though it's just going to be old school thinking guys like Scott Turner who are content to have the old school 3 yards and a cloud of dust on first and second and pray you can hit a seam route on 3rd and a couple. The natural run off of that is the team ends up built to play that way and it gets them into games against teams with legitimate game breaking players where they end up down and they simply don't have an answer for it.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

DariusLikewise posted:

Fisher was never a good coach though, in a 22 year career he had consecutive winning seasons three times and never had three winning seasons in a row

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/fieldyates/status/1467559787047145475?s=21

Seems weird to do on a Sunday

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
So, Zimmer. About him.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

This has to be Zimmer's last year. He was what the team needed when he was hired but the team never had consistency at OC.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Not when it's their bye

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Remember when people thought Joe Brady was getting a HC job

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Benne posted:

Remember when people thought Joe Brady was getting a HC job

I don't think anyone could succeed with what he had to work with. No OL, fragile RB, awful QBs, and like DJ Moore.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

Darth Brooks posted:

This has to be Zimmer's last year. He was what the team needed when he was hired but the team never had consistency at OC.

If they lose this game they need to clean house. No coordinators or coaches should remain if they are the first loss to this Lions team.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Not saying I think he should be fired or his seat should be hot, But I don't think Dan Campbell's gonna be asked to coach a third team, just my thoughts

I am now saying I think his seat should be hot

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Goodbye Zimmer

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Zim Zam the fired man

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Benne posted:

Goodbye Zimmer

rip

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
For a defensive oriented coach to have some of the worst defenses in the league the last two seasons is just inexcusable.

I mean rushing three on the last play? What was that

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Adun posted:

For a defensive oriented coach to have some of the worst defenses in the league the last two seasons is just inexcusable.

They should have been bringing pressure a whole lot earlier than that.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean even if they didn’t bring pressure you would have at least thought they would cover the goal line.

Instead they seemed desperately afraid of the fade?

I guess?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
You can't let Goff beat you with his deadly touch pass

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Zimmer and his defense lost to Jared Goff. Goff didn't even have McVay reading him plays. No, they went against Jared Goff and his limited brainpower, and Zimmer lost a chess match against Jared Goff.

Zimmer should be fired right now.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Jared Goff, with less than 2 minutes left and no time outs marched his way down the field with an unending stream of 8 yard throws over the middle. He couldn't get the ball to the sideline, and the Lions took a delay of game penalty and Zimmer still let them score.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Imagine denying the world an 0-16-1 Lions, lmao.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

obviously you just need a warm body at this point in the season but lmao

https://twitter.com/joshkleinrules/status/1467611314335977473?s=20

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Adun posted:

There's no real depth so when the team is hit by injures the defense falls apart. Over the last two years they've been hit like they were dating Lowtax.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1467603589266825224

The defensive version of this

Zimmer is burnt to a charred crisp.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Waiting for Joe Judge to be put out of his misery

Carlosologist fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Dec 5, 2021

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

SKULL.GIF posted:

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1467603589266825224

The defensive version of this

Zimmer is burnt to a charred crisp.
What always gets me about that gif is how the Pats defenders go beyond the sticks and react to the receiver being behind the sticks at the last moment. Because surely no one would be so dumb has to have every route go short of the sticks.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
https://twitter.com/MiaOBrienTV/status/1467653365454839815For context the Jaguars benched Robinson 20 snaps after a fumble. I loving give up.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Carlos Hyde is 31 lol

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Zimmer should probably just be fired tomorrow but I guess the Vikings are still in the hunt so he probably won't be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Zimmer should probably just be fired tomorrow but I guess the Vikings are still in the hunt so he probably won't be.

They're competing with WFT, Philly, SF, and the basement of the AFC South for the two wild card seeds (I'm presuming LA has the #5 on lock), and still have to play the Steelers, Rams, and Packers. It's possible they sneak the 7th seed but I don't think tiebreakers favor them. They need to go 4-1 to even have a shot