Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I mean if you arent winning the MVP every year what are you doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

they're going to pay him, "when" depends on Lamar. if he had an agent it'd probably be done by now

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Despera posted:

I mean if you arent winning the MVP every year what are you doing?

If he had 2020 again this year I'd be all in. Even after he threw the TD pass to Marquise Brown in the Raiders game to put us up 14-0 I straight up said pay Lamar NOW!!! It's taken a lot to get me to do a 180. I didn't do it lightly.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

I didn't do it lightly.

it took a mid year slump for you to bail on the most exciting player the Ravens have ever drafted

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe

Despera posted:

he did drive down the field with less than 2 mins and a timeout

only because THEY STOPPED RUSHING , AND GAVE HIM AN INCREDIBLE AMOUNT OF UNMOLESTED POCKET TIME

Once the TD is already scored, the Prevent Cheesecake goes away, and you have to deal with the real TJ Watt;.

Lamar only scored a single TD the entire game of his own talents (after throwing an early int, but the defense bailed him out.)

He has thrown many more multi-interception games against many more opponents this year than any previous year, and yet you still want to Pay The Man?

iF HE WANTS TO PLAY GAMES WITH COVID, THE SECOND TIME AROUND, THEN HE SHOULD TAKE THE LONG COVID PAY CUT.

defaultluser fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Dec 6, 2021

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Despera posted:

the play was designed to bait watt into playing the run, he didnt.

Which he didn't because every team plays Lamar on those option plays, knowing the Ravens RBs suck and aren't going to beat you for a big play. To me that's Roman demonstrating poor understanding of the team he has, calling plays for the team he wishes he had.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

defaultluser posted:

He has thrown many more multi-interception games against many more opponents this year than any previous year, and yet you still want to Pay The Man?

yeah

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Which he didn't because every team plays Lamar on those option plays, knowing the Ravens RBs suck and aren't going to beat you for a big play. To me that's Roman demonstrating poor understanding of the team he has, calling plays for the team he wishes he had.

This is certainly true. While I think Freeman has been very serviceable as a backup and the run game is nowhere near as much of a liability as some make it out to be--nobody fears Devonta Freeman like they would fear Edwards or Dobbins and that does make a difference. But I still don't think it's enough to absolve Lamar.

Latavius Murray is bad though and there's no reason we aren't using Williams or McCrary in his place.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Yeah I think Lamar’s comment from a few weeks ago about how they keep starting slow was a lot more enlightening than it was seen as. I think the playcalling has really slipped and combine that with Jackson’s long COVID or whatever the gently caress is going on in his head and this is what you get. Probably Roman is struggling to build a working offense with 3/4 of a RB among the guys on the roster but the ability to be flexible with the personnel you have seems like it should be a prereq for being an NFL OC so :shrug:

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I think Lamar has definitely earned a contract similar to Derrick Henry Or Christian mccafferey. Or maybe dalvin cook

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

To pick on the other team and touch on something mentioned before:

The Steelers playing soft on that last drive is the absolute STUPIDEST defensive call that teams do that I CANNOT stand. I hate seeing it. Especially in this situation it made no sense! The Ravens hadn't completed a pass downfield the entire half. Only like one all game. They get a 7 point lead and we have one drive left to make. So what do they do? Play soft and let us drive right down into scoring range and almost lose. Why? What are you so afraid of? Why not make us earn it? And guess what? Even if we do hit on a downfield pass and score a quick TD we are likely to just tie it and you will get the ball right back for a chance of your own and just need a FG to win.

Now if you were up 10? Then yes you absolutely play soft there. It is absolutely the right call. You don't care if they score at the end but you want it so whatever they do will eat up whatever time they have so it's practically impossible for them just due to time constraints. But one score? Make them earn it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Its Rinaldo posted:

lol imagine getting swept by these Seahawks

Most of our best players were dead and Trey Lance turned out to be a collective hallucination

It is what it is.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Rams good again

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Happy for the Lions.

Herbert rules. Burrow is tough. Great teams, great QBs, looking forward to next decade.

Also pay Lamar.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Herbert > Mahomes? More people are saying this. (Me)

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I think Lamar has definitely earned a contract similar to Derrick Henry Or Christian mccafferey. Or maybe dalvin cook

show some respect for the man, give him some contract escalators like taysom hill

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The browns should pay Lamar. We need a lot of depth at RB.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

No. Mahomes at full power is still #1. But Herbert is #2 in the AFC.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Mahomes during the chiefs winning streak

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

All 3 INT's have been on his receivers. They have hosed him all season.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Fields for Lamar straight up

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Mahomes during the chiefs winning streak

guess which one of these teams was the only one to refuse to change up their defense and play a ton of split safeties?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Magicpants posted:

guess which one of these teams was the only one to refuse to change up their defense and play a ton of split safeties?

was it… the zebras? the freakin referees???

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Magicpants posted:

And guess who the Chiefs play next week lol

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/byesline/status/1467709846807924742?t=GL-bWhf2H1Qpj7itlOaGFA&s=19

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
For your joking about Kansas City's offense purposes there was a giant grass fire outside the stadium after the game

https://twitter.com/farrell_jacob/status/1467715944692781058

That tall grass you see in the foreground of the first picture is all around there and it's dry as poo poo, I'm sure someone just dumped some hot coals from a grill or something in the wrong place and it's windy as hell here tonight. Probably a little hard to get firetrucks in there too when there are 10s of thousands of people trying to leave the stadium.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Not surprised, honestly. Been incredibly dry here for awhile and windy.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/GiantInsider/status/1467847499650150405

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Javonte Williams put on a show last night. :)

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

The Giants offense is bad is not a shocking thing. In that span, tight ends had 4 TDs, a tackle caught one which was cool, and they had a defensive score. They had their bye in November and haven’t scored more than two TDs in a game since week 4.

Fire Gettleman, fire Judge, start over again.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Long Covid is real and it’s gonna be weird seeing it impact players.

Not as weird as watching Goff March down the field for a game winning TD.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Herbert > Mahomes

Mac > Lamar

It just makes sense.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It is legitimately incredible how hard Mahomes's receivers are loving him over this season.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The Chiefs went an entire season of not throwing a single TD to a wide receiver and somehow made the playoffs.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It is legitimately incredible how hard Mahomes's receivers are loving him over this season.

:qq:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Gatts posted:

Happy for the Lions.

Herbert rules. Burrow is tough. Great teams, great QBs, looking forward to next decade.

Also pay Lamar.

The Bengals are going to destroy Burrow. It'll be RG3 all over again. Hopefully just not as fast.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/1467571174867566595?t=smtUNTVVGLNZXUAhd-foKg&s=19

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Pretty good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1467854976257077258?t=LuQtRtjzh2hdIaWWyW1twQ&s=19