Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
i know the servers are full but... really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I got to play most of the weekend and got RPR to 86. Endwalker is amazing.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I bet I'll be 85 before I even get to any new content because of the stupid way I play this video game

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

level 85 or 85 years old

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i only get to play at like midnight it sucks

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Endorph posted:

level 85 or 85 years old

yeah

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

seeing the queue memes just affirmed i'm good staying behind on things. plus i've got homestuck to read!

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

dogsicle posted:

seeing the queue memes just affirmed i'm good staying behind on things. plus i've got homestuck to read!

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

dogsicle posted:

i skipped the 3rd, hoping it'd be ok by now but i havent been able to get in for 4 hours. shits busted

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the more things change...

are ff14 expansions usually like this? Happened every time for WoW when I last played.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Dec 6, 2021

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

SmokaDustbowl posted:

does gorillaz count as vtubers

they're vsingers

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Acerbatus posted:

are ff14 expansions usually like this? Happened every time for WoW when I last played.

Shadowbringers and Stormblood had them but not in the 1000's (Thought Stormblood had Raubahn's Wall which was even worse than queues). So yeah, pretty bad...

At least when I get on the game is super stable. No crashes or anything kicking me out of the game which is good cause game is good so far

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Acerbatus posted:

There are usually some issues, yes, but Endwalker is uniquely aggravated by a significant increase in the playerbase over the last couple months and the semiconductor shortage leaving the team unable to physically provide the infrastructure to contain it.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

dogsicle posted:

this is not the turn i expected

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Shadowbringers and Stormblood had them but not in the 1000's (Thought Stormblood had Raubahn's Wall which was even worse than queues). So yeah, pretty bad...

At least when I get on the game is super stable. No crashes or anything kicking me out of the game which is good cause game is good so far
I've had more crashes and unrecoverable bugs this weekend than I've seen in the entire time I've played ff14. crazy thing is its a different new and exciting bug every time. had one where I was running through radz-at-han and, time just stopped. the game didn't lock up, I could still chat, I could still rotate the camera, just everyone was frozen in place

"early access" is usually kind of a gimmick for ff14 expansions outside of stuff like raubahn's wall, but this one actually feels like you're accessing it early, for me

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

homeless snail posted:

I've had more crashes and unrecoverable bugs this weekend than I've seen in the entire time I've played ff14. crazy thing is its a different new and exciting bug every time. had one where I was running through radz-at-han and, time just stopped. the game didn't lock up, I could still chat, I could still rotate the camera, just everyone was frozen in place

"early access" is usually kind of a gimmick for ff14 expansions outside of stuff like raubahn's wall, but this one actually feels like you're accessing it early, for me

i mean stormblood had the people who would kill susano and then be permanently locked out of the game by a crash because the game accidentally tried to spawn them underwater while sitting lol. theres def been major oddities with the previous expansion launches. well, mostly stormblood, shadowbringers was the best yet cuz they learned from the parts where stormblood sucked rear end and didnt have to deal with the current issues that are making life difficult

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

DoubleDonut posted:

I bet I'll be 85 before I even get to any new content because of the stupid way I play this video game

All of that wasted exp in the MSQ...

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Aurora posted:

this is not the turn i expected

Lol

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Acerbatus posted:

that goddamn video pops into my head whenever people talk about login queues

marumaru
May 20, 2013

went in blind into haruhi and while i didn't know what to expect i really didn't expect this.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

marumaru posted:

went in blind into haruhi and while i didn't know what to expect i really didn't expect this.

I hope you're watching it in broadcast order.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1JWY_VFaF_NAxlmPkYsOAZdWrLLGykBTRHQNz4d8w-Uw/htmlview

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

why did you link a google doc that tells them how to do the opposite of the thing you want them to do

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Endorph posted:

why did you link a google doc that tells them how to do the opposite of the thing you want them to do

If you scroll down it has all 3 orders

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

unfortunately funi only has it up in chronological order i think so you have to both know that's not the correct order and then manually fix it

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
thats why i dont get the blurays. no way im going thru the trouble

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
The first time I ever watched Haruhi was in episode order (because I didn't know different). I was very confused why the main plot ended in episode 5.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

mycophobia posted:

thats why i dont get the blurays. no way im going thru the trouble

i'm watching the bluray and watching it in numerical order, whatever that is

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

marumaru posted:

youre loving up op

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

your haruhi experience has been compromised then, sorry. it happens to the best of us.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

marumaru posted:

:yikes:

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

when making arty shows you have to spare at least some time to making sure they are not impossible to watch

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i looked up the bluray earlier and the broadcast order is printed on the inside of the case. follow that

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

blurays are advanced enough that there should just be haruhi order and kyon order buttons, on the menu. They hosed Up

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've only ever watched Haruhi in chronological order

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Captain Baal posted:

Reminding me of the time I found out baal’s geass experience for 8 years was reading reaction threads as it was airing and then never watching the eps

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I've only ever watched a show in production order but I'm also struggling to think of a lot of examples where people don't for anime. Like the only other one coming to mind atm is -gatari

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Captain Baal posted:

remembering now that the first broadcast order episode was the student film and that I originally bounced off it for several months until I saw the choronological order

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sleng Teng posted:

I've only ever watched a show in production order but I'm also struggling to think of a lot of examples where people don't for anime. Like the only other one coming to mind atm is -gatari
people who watch gatari in anything besides production order are also deranged

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Endorph posted:

people who watch gatari in anything besides production order are also deranged

Absolutely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Red Minjo posted:

remembering now that the first broadcast order episode was the student film and that I originally bounced off it for several months until I saw the choronological order

also I'm pretty sure Haruhi came out more than half my life ago, so